Angel of Retribution Ch. 12-16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Remi pressed against the wall, gripping his sword tight in his fist and straining to hear what was going on in the cave. He needed to figure out how many he was going against before busting in there to reign Hell upon all enemy forces.

There was the sound of a child sobbing far up within the niches carved into the vaulted ceiling. Remi craned his neck and was surprised to see a red-haired cherub sniffling in a little hole forty feet over the alter. It flew out, sword drawn, but two demons intercepted it.

Different from the devils, these creatures were the stuff of nightmares. Devon had once explained that they were divine fallen angels, trapped in the physical realm. They were beautiful creatures but transformed their true selves into horrifying shapes to feed off the terror they inspired.

Swords clashed, the cherub fought ferociously, but not a single deadly blow landed on the two demons. The trio parted snarling after a few unsuccessful attempts at killing each other. The cherub flew back to its niche to howl disconsolately.

Remi frowned, realizing that it must be Seth's Dominatio.

Immortals cannot kill each other.

Remi turned to see his raven-haired cherub floating by him.

We're not allowed to interfere in matters of this realm.

Remi snorted—Tell that to the devils that tried to stop me on the way here.

The cherub gave him an apologetic shrug—devils are not the creation of the Divine One. They are not subject to our rules.

Those fallen angels fighting against your buddy there don't look like they're following rules either.

That is why they're fallen angels, Remien Fyre.

"You're a fucking asshole," Seth cried from the other room. "I looked up to you... admired you. Why are you doing this?"

"I have to, Sethaliel."

Remi's eyes bulged, his jaw dropped. He knew that voice—but it couldn't be!

He scrambled to his feet and rushed into the cave. "Fuck me," he blurted, blinking in disbelief.

Lucien spun around and hissed. Bright red wings spread behind his back and his eyes glowed brighter and freakier than Devon's.

His ex second in command backed away, gripping an enormous gold hilted sword in his hand. Welts, bruises, and cuts covered Lucien's emaciated body. His once gleaming fall of blond hair looked tangled and dirty, dull, and a faded pink scar marred the center of his gut. Seth had said he'd thrust his divine sword through Lucien's middle and killed him. Granted the man looked like a corpse, but there he was, breathing and looking dismayed at Remi's presence. How the fuck?

"Well," Remi purred narrowing his eyes and taking a few steps farther into the cave, "If it ain't Mister blond and beautiful."

"Stay out of this, Fyre," Lucien snapped, raising his sword. "You know you're no match for me."

Remi snickered. "I do?" He cocked his head to the side, circling Lucien. "We've never sparred before."

Lucien laughed. "Of course we never did. You're too stuck up to get your ass beat in public."

Remi grinned as his beast stirred, begging for release. "But I love getting my ass beat in public," he taunted.

Lucien growled. "Don't make me have to kill you, damn-it. Get the Hell out."

Remi clicked his tongue. "Sorry man, but your plans are interfering with mine to get the weretigri laid."

Snarling from above drew Remi's attention for half a second. The demons were throwing a fit and baring their fangs at Lucien.

Remi recognized the terror in Lucien's eyes before the man sprang out and attacked Remi.

Bone jarring blows rained on Remi as he deflected each one with his sword. Just like the cherub and the demons, the fight was too equal to be effective.

Lucien swiped at him with his wings and Remi released his to even the score. Sweeping kicks threatened to crush Remi's face and break his knees making Remi let loose his dragon's tail as well. He swept it at Lucien's feet, knocking him on his ass.

The demons took flight over him, their claws extended. Remi swung at them, but was caught off guard when Lucien tackled him around his middle.

Both fell to the ground in a tangle of limbs. Lucien's fist slammed into Remi's face, bringing a burst of stars to his vision. Remi kneed the man in his balls—kind of dirty, but effective. Lucien rolled off him moaning.

Just as Remi reached for his sword, which had fallen from his grip when Lucien sent him to the ground, devils began pouring in from every crevice and shadow in the cave.

Remi was swarmed. He hacked away at them, but saw how they whipped Lucien and tore his flesh with their claws. One of the demons swooped down and pressed his fallen sword into his hand. The other stood behind Lucien and gripped his hair, yanking his head back.

"Enough dicking around, Dark Prince," the demon hissed. "Kill the sacrifice. Now."

"P-please," Lucien whispered, visibly shuddering.

The demons cackled pressing in on him and fondling every available inch of his abused flesh. It made Remi want to throw up. "I think he needs more convincing." The one behind him pressed his loins into Lucien's ass.

"No," Lucien screamed. "I'll do it—I'll do it."

They shoved him forward, and he took a stumbling step toward Seth.

Remi tried to get through the throng of devils blocking his path and trying to shred him to pieces at the same time. "No," Remi screamed at Lucien. "Don't do it. Stop."

Lucien spared him a brief glance. In that one second, Remi saw so many emotions radiating from those ice-blue eyes; desolation, agony, hatred, rage.

Tears dripped down Lucien's cheeks as he bared his fangs and sprinted to the altar. The sneer faded as he stared down at Seth who was already gasping from blood loss. Lucien leaned down and pressed a kiss to Seth's forehead. Remi saw Lucien's lips whisper forgive me, little one.

Lucien snapped upright and lifted his sword, tip down and aimed at Seth's heart.

Remi yelled in rage, his skin igniting, beast unfurling,. as the sword plunged down to Sethaliel's bare chest How he wished he'd learned to control his beast in moments like this. Seth was as good as dead either way.