Autumn Pt. 01 Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Did he leave his body? Perhaps. Frank wasn't even sure.

"You didn't, did you?" he asked once his faculties returned.

His mom shook her head.

"Some day," he told her.

Her eyes lit up. "Really? Do you mean it?" The excitement in her voice vanished and suddenly she was the stern authority figure that used to discipline him as a child. "That's not the sort of promise you should make if you don't intend to keep it."

"My mother taught me not to make any promises lightly."

She smiled. "Smart woman."

They both glossed over the fact that he hadn't actually promised anything, which meant that he might as well have. Frank thought he might even be okay with that.

"Find Iva," his mom said. "Figure out what she's doing there. Then come back, help your grandmother reveal that Kaitlin's overstepped her authority, acting without Council approval, and we won't have to worry about them anymore. Not with a leaf-biting majority."

He'd not only promised to impregnate her, then, but to do so upon his return. All he had to do was come back with something that would kick off a real scandal.

The smart thing to do was nip that in the bud. It was already too late to avoid hurt feelings, but better now than after he came back from the Glade. All he had to do was...

"Sounds like a plan," Frank said, because he couldn't say no to his mother. And wasn't even sure that he wanted to, though he knew that he should have.

"You're gonna make a great father," his mother told him. "I'm sure of it."

Unfortunately, the same couldn't be said for him. In that moment, Frank wasn't terribly sure about anything. Except that he loved his mother more than life itself, and was willing to do anything to make her happy. Even if it was forbidden by the very first immortals.