Big Girls Don't Cry Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mum looked sad at that.

"Is that how it is, then, the two of you...?" and we both nodded, unable to lie to her, unable to deny any longer what was happening between us.

Min chose that moment to speak up.

"Let it go, Maureen, and don't worry about them, they'll be okay; they have what they want, and they have what they need; just be happy for them."

I snapped round to look at Min, hardly expecting her to understand, or to catch the smile of understanding and approval on Doreen's face. Min took my hand.

"Darryl, Lena, are you both positive this is what you really want? Because what you do now is for real, and there's no going back, so tell me, are you ready for this?"

I looked at dad, but he was obviously waiting for my answer, as was Lena, her eyes shining with unshed tears.

"Mum, dad, Aunt Min, Lena and I love each other. We've had a whole lifetime to work this out, even if I didn't know that was what I was doing. There's no-one else for me, there never really has been, there's only Lena, and I can't leave her, I won't. I love her, and I always will. Mum, you and dad can go away now, Lena and I will be fine, I promise, we'll be here, we'll always be here for each other!"

Mum hugged me, kissed me on the forehead and slipped a small package into my hand.

"Open it and give it to Lena!" she whispered, so I opened it. Inside was an antique gold engagement ring, a cluster of small diamonds in a small exquisite heart setting.

"It was your Great-Grandmother's, now go on, you know what to do!"