All Comments on 'Crime & Punishment Pt. 04'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 493 Comments (Page 3)
Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013almost 8 years ago
Superb Story..

and well written but I agree with Boomerbill about the grammar, particularly. I know American grammar differs from the US variety in some respects but I get the impression that the story was dictated rather than written. There are a number of homonym-type mistakes like "ceded/seeded", etc - perhaps a little more proof-reading?

These are minor points in the grand scheme of things but they are distracting to a reader who appreciates good writing and you are a very good story teller.

I still gave it five stars, though.

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013almost 8 years ago
I should do a better job

with my proof reading, too!

I meant to comment on on the differences between UK and US grammar, not "American and US grammar"!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Re-Reading

He keeps being reprimanded about his "responsibilities to his family". He wouldn't HAVE a family if his wife didn't take advantage of his injuries to toss out the divorce and essentially rape him!

"My beautiful and sexy wife cheated to survive." - That's bullshit! She was surviving quite well without cheating. She probably would have gotten her partnership without cheating. Hell, if she had complained to Saul or Stringer about Frank's harassment they probably would have given her the partnership just to keep her from suing, not that she didn't deserve it anyway on her own merits.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Finished?

Is this story finished? Doesn't seem like it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
well

Like the story.

But the way you wrote it defied belief.

The story mentioned her affair sizzled?

Doing it at all was bad, but sounded like she enjoyed it.

Knowing her husbands upbringing, she had to have known she was throwing her marriage away.

And her cheating totally changed her husband into a bad guy.

I like happy endings, but I dont see how this could have one with the level of betrayal you wrote into the story and its effect on the husband.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sorry w/comments.

After reading my second of your tales I suspect that you can do better. A story has 3 basic parts. Your beginnings to set the stage and define your characters is your strong suit. The middle of your tale to describe the journey is a bit better than average. It is your endings that you struggle with. Your writing falters with too many sub plots and too many sub characters. To get a "Well Done" instead of a "What a The Hell" I would strongly consider you thinking about it seriously before just putting words on paper. You have talent but just need more focus. BK

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Enjoyed it...

Overall 5 stars for the series, and still a favorite. But the resolution of their relationship seemed undeveloped at the end.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 7 years ago
Story not to my liking, can't stomach cheaters, male or female.

Please take some time to learn when and where to choose or use the following words:

balled or bawled

sargent or sergeant (I see you later got it right)

formulae or formulate

dominate or dominant

waved or waived

week or weak

seeded or ceded

lunched or launched

quality or quantity

plummeted or pummeled

latter or ladder

Each of the former words were improperly used for the latter.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
#2 SORT OUT THE ADULTERERS

and look for the good guys aiding the good guys concealing shady deals. TK U MLJ LV NV

bigdnc13bigdnc13over 7 years ago
Great Story!

Any chance of seeing more of these two in the future?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Judge

If I was in court before that Judge who ordered counselling, I would have told him that it was a waste of time as I'm not ever going to put my cock into my wife's whore hole ever again as I do not want to catch a STE as I could never guarantee it would be clean. Just to put it bluntly.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

sbrooks said this well : "My beautiful and sexy wife cheated to survive." - That's bullshit! She was surviving quite well without cheating. She probably would have gotten her partnership without cheating. Hell, if she had complained to Saul or Stringer about Frank's harassment they probably would have given her the partnership just to keep her from suing, not that she didn't deserve it anyway on her own merits.

The cheating cunt chose to spread her legs, to betray her husband. That "cheating to survive" bullshit was vomit inducing.

Not only was her disrespect deep, but she continued to take the douchebag's side when husband told her that her lover tried to have him killed.

She was a manipulative greedy, disrespectful, dishonourable cheating cunt.

How could there be no DNA test on the kid?

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 7 years ago
Like a poor mystery story where the murderer is some character we never meet during the book...

Your story has given us perhaps four instances where Pat doesn't act like Pat:

His friend getting raped as a child - you'd think we'd consider his reaction warranted.

His wife having an affair and him wanting a divorce and to screw over her lover - Really? We need to excuse his actions for that...?

His employer fucking him over, not once, but three times in one conversation - he'd have just quit, but his cheating wife had already placed him under a rock in his mind.

Fabricating an evidence trail in a murder - but it wasn't like he fabricated THAT evidence to convict an innocent party.

Now his wife... Why did she fuck around...?

Oh yeah, first because she LIKED sex - even if there's less negative connotation to the term "stud" vs "slut", it's either that or "whore" since she gained monetarily from her sex.

And wasn't it by way of her (and Susan) that we heard thren describe their husbands as "beta males" - their way of saying they deserved to be treated the way they treated them by fucking around with alphas.

Wah. Poor Laura feels bad she's a whore and can't cook for her life... She broke their vows - amazing these these lawyers consider THAT contract such a minor thing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Story.....

....but not sure if it belonged in Loving Wives. Some other category would have been better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Story...

If your a RAAC wimp, creampie eating, willing cuckold girly man.

Patrick married a corporate whore. Laura had sex with at LEAST one man with the avowed intention of receiving compensation in the form of promotion. Having sex for compensation is prostitution by definition and makes Laura a WHORE.

Too many inaccuracies in this story to list here, just read this with a little intelligence and you'll see them.

Patrick the willing cuckold. Laura the whore. Saul the immoral senior facilitator in Laura's firm. The list goes on and on.

NO characters to like here, no story for any self respecting intelligent moral person, just a tale for immoral, liberal, wimps, cuckolds and deviants.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
shame

That you let a person gain self esteem and strength only to turn him emotionally impotent and take his ex back once the powerful man was done with her.

God, she was still defending the man who cuckolded him.

The person who took action would never have taken her back in a million years,why neuter him?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A piece of great writing

5*****

dwhit48988dwhit48988over 7 years ago
A sad tale

I did not really like any of the characters. Pat seem to have his life stolen by his wife and her boss Saul, and Pat was "supposed" to be the hero.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
&√ Saul guilt

I find Saul's rage concerning Patterson's demise puzzling. Saul knew of Frank's prediliction for seducing wives yet did nothing to protect Laura. His excuse is implausible. Saul knew Frank tried to kill Pat but never indictes any outrage about that act. To Saul, Laura's adultery, the fact that Tony is screwing Foxy's wife, and Patterson's blackmail of wives for sex seems acceptable behavior within his firm and his social circles.

Then there is Laura defending the man who degraded her and tried to kill her husband.

Sad but that behavior is the reality of the elite.

Hopefully Pat takes up with his scantily clad secretary while Laura pops out one pup after another, slowly but surely losing her looks and body

You are an excellent writer though, I will grant you that

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Consequences

I'm not necessarily BTB, but lately RG seems incapable of having a cheating wife suffer any real consequences.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 7 years ago
Mixed opinion

I didn't like the theme, but the writing in parts was good.

However, please let someone, anyone, read your writing before you publish it. They could point to the items needing your attention. There were countless typos, wrong words and grammatical errors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Who really cares about typos and using the wrong word?

The thing I have noticed about most of the authors on this web site is that they don't get paid! They are mostly amateurs writing for our enjoyment and their own personal experience and satisfaction. I read these stories for one reason, I enjoy them. Yes it sometimes bothers me when the author makes punctuation and other mistakes but not enough for me to "not" enjoy the story. So I don't particularly care for the criticism. Base your scoring on whether or not you enjoyed the story. Not on misspelled words and such. * * * * * stars for me!

Keep on keeping on ...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Magnificent

Truly magnificent

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good story but a bit hypocritical...

Why go after the kid at all. There was no point in it. I can't imagine what I would do to him if it were me. There was no point in it. To save a career? What career? If it were me, I would have stopped at nothing before I put him in a hole in the ground. Preferably next to his wife and daughter. After all my family would already have been destroyed. He is a complete hypocrite. But then again, what do you expect, he is a lawyer AKA scum.

KRD19254KRD19254about 7 years ago

RG, what a web you weave - pure skill. However, the wolf needs more self reflection as he was willfully jeopardizing the safety of his unborn. I understand his initial desire for divorce (she did multiple cheats - a point no one seems to care about) but he willfully allowed her to get pregnant "after" the fact - hence this action demands responsibility.

Oh, if he truly wanted the divorce then he could have stayed 'mute' during the counseling sessions - he may have to attend but he did not have to participate. He could just sat in the room for the prescribed time and read a book.

A miss, he arrived home on 'crutches' with media at his house, finding Laura unresponsive. When did he stop physical therapy ending Don's house calls? Why did Don (the RN) or Saul's office staff not see Laura's deteriorating condition or even her slut buddy Susan? But it is ALL his fault for her condition, hypocrites!@#$%^&.

Nice to have a fairy tail ending....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
WoW

Great story, very few mistakes. Tried to find free version of 'The Bridge' couldn't find the right author name ?? But was happy with this incredible write...

TY, bill

tompo296tompo296about 7 years ago
Another WOW

What an excellent read. Thank you

I was wondering if Pat would ditch Laura's cheating arse but in the end was relieved that he found his way back. I was pleased to see the demise of Frank Patterson Ooops did he have an accident with Trina

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good Story

Only one flaw, in my opinion. In the world I live in, divorce or no divorce, he should have left the cheating bitch and gotten on with building a new life.

dwhit48988dwhit48988about 7 years ago
I Feel Sorry The Hero of this Story

Pat is going to be a prisoner of his own doing.

Pat is forced to live with a wife that has disrespected, belittled and humiliated him to his friends, to her co-workers, to his superiors (the Governor knows all the details) and to her superiors (Sal knows and became involved in his humiliation, and disrespect). I could not image getting up and going to work each day and have to face people I work with and have to deal with each day knowing that they were aware that my wife thought so little of me.

I guess he bent the rules to get ahead himself so maybe he can live a life with the a spouse that is disrespectful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Convoluted

This was another great story from an excellent writer. The story was rather convoluted and my only real criticism is that there were too many names/people involved in the whole story. Trying to always sort out the important ones from the others, especially in 4 chapters with time in between made it a bit difficult to follow.

The story fit the title, just as did Dostoevsky's, the punishment, for the most part, fit the crime. Also, as Christians, of whatever color, were involved, it appears forgiveness also played a role - not always in BTB stories.

"Well done oh good and faithful servant".

Tiny Tim

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Why

Why is everyone telling the husband who was wronged to just accept what his wife did and live with it? To just forgive her everything when she clearly did not care about him and thought so little of him?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
This is a loser...

...on several levels that have been amply covered.

Major flaw? Reconciliation with cheating slut!

Well written cuck shit....

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Still Troubled

I'm still troubled by this series. I guess if Pat is happy I can live with it, but I still feel that he wasn't treated fairly.

"YOUR WIFE is dehydrated, emaciated, and anemic and that's just her. The baby I fear will be low birth weight with all the complications that involves.” – She wouldn’t BE his wife if she hadn’t refused the divorce, and she wouldn’t be pregnant if she hadn’t raped him!

“she had expected me to support her no matter what she did” – So, he’s supposed to read her mind? And support her even when she CHEATS on him?

What if the estranged husband who had cheated on his wife, took over her care after she was severely injured, used his influence to get the divorce dropped and had sex with his wife while she was incapacitated and got her pregnant. He'd be locked up!

DoctimeDoctimealmost 7 years ago

Well done. This was an excellent read. I really have to wonder about some of the comments. The reader, all to often anonymous, reads a well written free pornagraphic story and then chastises the author and the characters. Duh, if you don't like cheating wifes and cuckholded husbands, then go and read your Church bulliten asshole.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionalmost 7 years ago
A really good read

An excellent legal/political novella with just about everything, including using sex to get on or get information, some guilt-free, some with regret; loyal friendship, love, betrayal, innocents and guilty. No-one really comes out of this story intact, even the winners have lost along the way, and that's what makes this so real. Really well done.

bigguy323bigguy323almost 7 years ago
Reconciliation sucks

She willingly and knowingly chucked him for months. Reconciliation is out of the question.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
No way, his fault as much as hers.

He could have stopped her from the beginning. He let it all happen, I think if he confronted her it would have been the end of it. She said after partner she told Frank no more. Only bad think she would always be pissed she didn't get ahead. No way to win for them. He could have refused to have her at the hospital. He could have refused to go home with her. Rehab would work. Lots of BS in this story. Same story 5 pages would have worked for me.

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
Even Though I'm Not Happy With The RAAC....

....This is still a five* novella. Pretty amazing for a first story, actually.

That said, I'm troubled by the reconciliation after the blatant cheating and disrespect, and would insist on a DNA test on the baby!

I'm also confused about: 1) why Steven puts up with Susan's disrespect and serial cheating; 2) why the "powers" in Laura's firm are all in to quash the divorce; and 3) why Pat didn't lay down an ultimatum after overhearing the conversation at the Christmas party. ("Laura, if you EVER spread your legs for Frank Patterson -- or anyone else, for that matter, don't bother coming home -- ever.") Oh yeah, there wouldn't be a story.... ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good politics

Sorry, she cheated. She could have voiced her concerns, but didn't. She willingly went. There was just no justification. Author tries to excuse it, but comes up woefully short. Counselor tries to lay his wedding vows on him, but neglects to do this for her. Was almost comical. Besides, she didn't sound to coerced at the train restaurant. Shit happens, would have still dumped her. Don't make the promise if you can't keep it. Simple as that. Man or woman. The promise is the marriage

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
no sense

Why would saul feel guilty or bad about patterson getting just desserts????

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
That RAAC really pissed me off

She cheated on him with a total slimeball that later tried to kill him. She refused to believe her lover tried to kill her husband. She forced herself on him to have a baby he didn't want. Man this one really pissed me off. She just got off scot free. Her boss bribed the judge for her. She has a family she wanted and gets to have sex with other people if she wants because we all know in RG stories the MC always gets back together with the wife.

Damn this series pissed me off.

maceedmaceedover 6 years ago
Should've left her

It would've been cool to have him divorce her after the baby was born. So all that work Laura did whoring herself out for partner would've been for nothing and she would've been miserable. Pat could've gone on with that PA/secretary girl.

ErotFanErotFanover 6 years ago
Well, you wrapped your novella up in a nice little bow.

However, one is left with a certain ennui, a sense of imbalance and incompletion. The scales have not been balanced in the marriage. Pats revenge upon Frank just doesn't satisfy his wife's blatant, long term infidelity. She hasn't paid enough dues for his fidelity.

On an editorial note - the work is replete with words that sound proper but are completely wrong. C.f., seeded for ceded.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Well

if Laura had been responsible for Frank's death I'd be ok with reconciliation. As it is, no. She practically raped him as a cripple to get pregnant.

Helluva story. Still annoyed about the two of them getting back together.

You young guys, a slut will do a great job of playing the sweet barely touched innocent if she wants to marry you. Do your due diligence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wonderful

This is a wonderful story. The most intriguing character is Laura. Any man would be lucky to have her.

dwhit48988dwhit48988over 6 years ago
My Two Cents

I see this story as a tragedy, where the hero (Pat) is forever locked in a prison of his own making. He will be forced to live with a spouse who showed no respect for him and even belittled him to her lover. I believe the hero should have been allowed to live with a spouse that not only loved him, but respected him and was devoted to him.

I see the end of the story as very sad and lonely for Pat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Who doesn't love happy endings?

This is a very good story with a lovely ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
unexpected - happy ending, really?

Well, I thought the story could not end before Steven and Patrick were divorced, disgraced or dead. After all this darkness this kind of a Hollywood ending is really a surprise to me.

But this is the purpose of the better stories, they entertain and surprise us, and sometimes we are nudged to think, might even learn something. Still wondering what it could be this time ...

Overall, nice universe ... hopefully there is more to come. Please, surprise us again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
So Pat didn't really learn a thing

In my opinion the Pat character deserves everything he gets in the future. I see Laura cheating on him over and over again in order to get what she wants. She has a history of manipulating him (and other guys) and has no sense of remorse or guilt. She raped Pat in order to get pregnant and trap him. She used her boss, her position, and contacts to manipulate him and stall the divorce until she could trap him.

What started out as an appropriate reaction by Pat to the treatment he had received from Laura for years turned into him being the one to blame for her actions and his condition. And he had numerous people telling him to just forget what she did and go back to the way things were: the so-called therapist, the Governor; etc. Completely pathetic.

A happy ending would have been Pat getting custody of his daughter, moving away, and finding true happiness in an equal relationship.

I don't know why the author changed the direction of the story after the first couple of chapters. Laura's transition victim status was unbelievable, irrational, and unfeasible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Matt m wannabe

willing beta male sissy ending. fag writing

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7over 6 years ago
Fantastic

Fantastic story. I wish I could give it more than five stars.

Although if I had been Pat I might have insisted on a paternity test.

And some STD tests for Laura.

Steve

magma60magma60over 6 years ago
Second Read

This is my second read of this series. The first time I scored this 2 stars for the disjointed style and shallow character development. However, I think I appreciated the story more this time and would have scored higher. Some rewriting/editing, and perhaps more character development would help. This would make a good novel with work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

This was the sad, pathetic tale of sexism, the judicial system raping the man in a divorce, "it's your fault she cheated, now forgive her and give her your spine in a jar" story with an entitled cunt of a wife, her cunt associates and a protagonist who only has momentary sparks of sanity, then turns into a fucking leg-hunping, neutered dog. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
nice

Excellent writing.

I really like the two lawyer friend characters.

Please write more of them.

However, I am uncertain about the wives.

In this tale you seemed to end it with Laura redeeming herself.

But some comments in the story such as they had a passionate affair and her defense of her lover when her husband told her the lover tried to kill him.

Then you kept silent when your lover tried to murder your husband," I said.

"That's not true, Frank would never do that," she screamed.

Is she truely on the straight and narrow?

In any case would like to see more on these two, they are very engaging characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thank You

Would love to read more stories around the fox-and-wolf theme.

Give it some thought to possibly restructure it into and polish it up for a tv series script. ... The initial Good Wife tv series plot line and scene ideas were not better.

Best wishes, Simon

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Needs an Editor

Love the story, and all of the others in the series, but it needs a proper editor and proofreader. Too many typos, wrong words (your for you are, etc.), and similar grammatical mistakes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It took me multiple readings

to finally accept the ending. Like many commenters, the forced capitulation by Patrick in his marriage to his unfaithful wife was anathema. He was beaten by circumstances and 'enemies' beyond his resources. He accepted what was uncomfortable in the interests of his daughter. It's hard to be an adult but really hard to be an adult responsible for a family. In the end he did the adult thing. Wonderful read, grammar warts and all. Thanks for sharing.

sam456789sam456789over 6 years ago
Excellent

Not sure how many rewrites the last part went through but it was well worth it. For Patrick to go back to his wife... He was an honorable man. Remember, she was Mrs Sullivan in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
UGH!!!!!

You try to portrait him as being strong but he's a wimp, being manipulated by just about everyone around him! ...And then the phsychobable about her was just plain bullshit! Cheaters always try to excuse their actions by blaming someone else or some extraneous circumstances or problems! She was a whore so she could get the partnership! She sold herself for profit!

In the end, he just caved!

mike2710mike2710over 6 years ago
Thanks for the entertainment

The forth time I have read this story and it is just as good as the first.

Five stars for all chapters..

Looking forward to your next series.

Thanks

Mike from Texas

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Magnificent

Truly magnificent

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Late Comment

"Every action has a consequence. It's troubling how these consequences are not always foreseeable," - It's too bad that RG didn't remember that when dealing with Laura.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
"Goya?"

Nit pick: The proper Yiddish adjective is "goyisha" or "goyishe." Sometimes "goyisher."

The different spellings are due to transliteration.

By the way, "goy" in all its forms is usually neutral, though CAN be derogatory in certain contexts.

Another term, "shiksa," IS derogatory for a non-Jewish woman.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Oh that sbrooks103x

Such a little cunt.

Exceptional writing RG. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
ping pong balls

Too many names and bouncing around like a box of ping pong balls in a hurricane.... no way to follow the story line.

mower9527mower9527about 6 years ago
2nd time around,

Still one of the best. But wow, editor much?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
wow

Loved this story. Strong narrative and characters. Loved the moral ambiguities in this story. No one was completely innocent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Great story and impeccable plotting skill. Pity you have no equally great editors/proof readers!

sam456789sam456789almost 6 years ago
Great Read

2nd time reading this story, and its a flat great read. Enough allusion and innuendo to keep interest without being boring. Excellent ending. 5*

thebulletthebulletalmost 6 years ago
excellent

a well plotted and intricate courtroom drama with more going on behind the scenes than is happening out in front. The kind of story to keep the interest of those who are willing to dig in and read,

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
arduous

There's nothing wrong bringing all the banalities of politics, and the scene with a gracious winner was appropriate, but for the amount of stuff going on that was so peripheral, this should have been in different category. I was truly unhappy with such a winding story, and that's fine, but a winding story still manages to make sense eventually. I fault not reading it from the first chapter; just the last two, but it wasn't great.

And oh hey there's LW material when it comes to the two paragraphs justifying the wife's manipulation. And declaration she had an affair for self preservation. As dumb as it sounds, that's acceptable, a marriage so dry you need too leave. But she didn't leave. And he didn't leave. That's not only unacceptable, it's impossible; once you've gone that far there's no love, nothing to fight for, the best that can happen is a roommate situation until both are ready to move on.

And holy dumb fuck, she must really be dumb, it's almost impossible to totally screw up a simple meat dish in the oven. Put shit in a dish, cook 60-90 minutes....hell, cook two hours, and you still won't have a fire... there will always be copious amounts of smoke as the evaporating water and other volatile parts at immense heat attempt to carry off the heat.

microwaves are much more fickle...once something had dried out, the moment it starts too carbonize, it's all over. The carbon is relatively opaque to microwaves and will heat up much faster, and eventually get hot enough to dry out what it's attached to and start a fire. First will be the smoke as the hot points dry out the rest of the food, sort of like making charcoal which is pretty much what is happening. Then there will be much heat and fire, and the turntable will heat up; cool glass is transparent to microwaves, but once it's hot enough it will turn opaque to microwaves and just fucking melt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Unfinished

This was quite a good story but what has happened to foxy and his wife who likes to give it away???

That marriage was, for me, more intriguing yet no conclusion.

T.T.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
good story

i feel really sad and desapointed in Pat, he should have dumped the bitch, like we, real men in real life dont.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Damnit!

I couldn’t rate the story because although it was super interesting and well written, he went back to an flthy whore who spread her legs all because she suffered from low self esteem. Who gives a shit?!? Hell, we all have an issue/issues with ourselves but that doesn’t give us the excuse to whore about! Also, the therapist was spitting complete and utter females band together no matter wht bullshit! All so the husband would stay with the whore. Just another piece of shit trying to excuse someone’s fucked up behavior. He should have gotten a paternity test, established visitation (if it was his kid) and dumped the fucking slag! She yelled at her fucking HUSBAND defending her damn piece of shit lover! That bitch was worthless and so the fuck what she got sick while pregnant! Women have been ill while pregnant since the dawn of fucking time, that bitch ain’t an enigma because of it! He already admitted to himself that she was a manipulator, her being sick was part of that. Scorch earth that whore!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I;d have kept the wife,

and fucked the law partners wives and the judges who held up the divorces daughter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Why are you angry at RG? It's not like she can help being having her mental illness?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
What The?

Regardless of the incident he should not have let his so called wife look after him and the divorce should have been restarted. Even here she manipulated him in to getting pregnant, seemingly just to keep him, she is really delusional. She knew what she was doing for what, a promotion. When he was in counselling he should have read a book for both his own and the shared time, message = I am not interested. Bottom line = he lost himself, she won and her firm won. He should have contemplated cutting his wrist and painting the ceiling. What a looser. Fom this author it is expected. Perhaps his mother was domineering.

The storey was Ok but infuriating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
"What about being a husband and father don't you understand Mr. Sullivan?"

Well you see doc, the whore cheated on me for a promotion and her law firm buddies keep delaying the divorce, on top of that she raped me while I was partially paralyzed so I dont really give a shit what happens to her

teedeedubteedeedubover 5 years ago
Hmm

Strange. Thanks for sharing.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 5 years ago
?

Enjoyable till the end. Well. Till near the end.

What fizzler, but guess closer to real life political expediency.

Story had such promise, shame.

Surely a team of rangers could arrive and do their thing and finish it as a btb.

forsure798285forsure798285over 5 years ago
A rambling hard to follow story

Never stretch a two part story into five parts.

YouamiYouamiover 5 years ago
Yes Folks...this story has a plot that may challenge some of you!

RichardGerald

Again I take off my hat to you, sir, for yet another intricately plotted tale of legal and political intrigues, not to mention extramarital dalliances a plenty. Your characters were fleshed out 3D individuals and in my book you could certainly give Michael Connelly a run for his money. Obviously, this is tale designed for a discriminating reader who seeks more from erotica than merely jerk-off material. I for one enjoyed it immensely. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Review

Tl;dr MC is a cuckold who should have instead divorced his wife, hit the gym, get swoll, and rub his success to his enemies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Kill the fucking wife....

Patrick has the resources.

Everyone will believe she is a nutjob.

Then kill Sauls wife to show Saul no one fucks with you life.

Loved Foxy. Loved the plot.

But by taking cunt wife back ultimately Saul won. Dont let that happen.

Patrick and Saul have a battle left. Maybe even let his own wife live but killing Sauls wife would be a fitting end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
OK

But not nearly as good as "THE BRIDGE". That was really good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well written.

Unfortunately you portrayed your protagonist as weak willed when it came to the women in his life, and that made his other actions difficult to believe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Okay I guess

The first chapters started out ok I guess. Was well written, but I just didn't really understand this complete onslaught from all the supporting characters that Sullivan should just not care or do anything about his wife's infidelity. His character was stronger than hers, so he should ignore the cheating. He was acting immature, so he should ignore the cheating. He will regret his decision, so he should ignore the cheating. It was really kind of disturbing and didn't seem to portray real people and real life responses. There was absolutely no one in The entire story besides Sullivan that thought she did anything wrong. The lawyer and political stuff was good, but the reconciliation was bland and entirely predictable.

I'm not against reconciliation, longhorn writes a great one, but this story is bad in regards to that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Promise Lost

This story started out very promising but quickly devolved into a quagmire of politics. Both politics of the court and politics of the state. So, being the cynical bastard I am, and being that I pretty much despise lawyers, judges and politicians, not necessarily in that order, I have to say I really, really didn’t like this story. I read it all the way through, hoping it would get better, but it never did. I truly believe Bill Shakespeare had it right, ‘context’ or not, when he wrote “The first thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers “.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
All your stories are good reads but depressing

The men are punks. Brief moments of steel awash in a sea of weakness. They are humiliated by the women who are supposed to love them. They try to leave but EVERYONE in their lives pushes them into accepting what the wives did. It’s insane. Added to this, everyone is cheating or cynical about love and marriage and into doing whatever they want. It’s a depressing universe - I pray that real life never has this much nihilism

BigDee44BigDee44over 5 years ago
I have liked it overall. Fiction can imitate real life.

Pat rated, "What I had taken for strength was weakness." My mistake with my wife, too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
OK the protagonist is in a tough place. I intend to get him out so bear with me. RG

Ending him up as the Cuckolded wimp Frank said he was doesn't fit that. Thanks anyway.

TreymonTreymonabout 5 years ago
It

Was annoying the Laura was still defending Frank which of course means she was still harboring the illusion of a romantic affair.

I can actually see them staying together but lol she went from a professional to a simpering helpless bimbo so you could RAAC it way to easily.

There was no redemption for her that I saw just a mention of regret in the counseling.

He gave her a pity fuck and stayed with her out of a pity/child combo.

Greyheaded1Greyheaded1about 5 years ago
Great! Much Better Than “Prequel “

I read the very long and complicated Prequel and came back to the original Crime and Punishment series. The original is much better than the alternative universe Prequel.

Prequel was a good series but does not lead into C&P. It is more dark and depressing than C&P. I think Laura deserved a dose of the cruel fate RG dishes out to Foxy and the other “good guys” in Prequel.

I enjoyed how Frank was taken out by Foxy. I did not believe Laura was weak and relied on Pat.

I would like to see a follow up to C&P explore Pat as a politician in an open marriage to Laura. RG typically writes about the most stunningly beautiful and sexy wives that cannot be faithful to their “good guy” husbands and the husbands cannot betray or leave them.

I really want Pat free of Laura even if they stay married. RG wrote Pat into an almost no escape because his political popularity is in part due to Laura and his daughter.

The next series of P&G could explore Laura and Susan aging and losing their irresistible sexuality as their husbands gain power and confident sexuality.

Can you do it Richard?

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
Damn. I THINK 4th read through. Masterpiece.

1st story? Really? Wow!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Yeah

quite a story but...pisses me off he ended up back in a relationship with her.

So why didn't he just withdraw his petition for divorce and walk away from Laura? Then he couldn't be forced to talk with her. No?

patilliepatillieabout 5 years ago
Super story

second time thru, and I appreciate it so much more now. The intricacies of the plot, the many characters, really suggest constructing a timeline and family tree like what is needed for Game of Thrones. This is truly a masterpiece work. And I find the reconciliation Ok, it was done on Pat's terms, and appropriate penance and repair was done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
OK I guess

I found it quite confusing, maybe I need to learn more about the legal system in the USA. It would be nice if you could determine the difference between your and you're, they sound the same but don't mean the same thing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Today's ideals

If i read between the lines, your saying marriage is dead unless it's an open marriage. Because women are not responsible for their actions and men are walking dildos. I guess that makes sense because the legal system protects that ideal. I like that you point it out, but i think your defending those ideals, can't call them values.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsalmost 5 years ago
Read again.

After multiple readings, I still can't understand why he backed off the divorce?

He had the bitch on the ropes, then let her get away.

At least the bastard got justice!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Extraordinarily

Very convoluted story, yet very entertaining. Keep writing!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous