All Comments on 'Crime & Punishment Pt. 04'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 493 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The End

I see this chapter as sort of a failed “Hail Mary”, a last ditch attempt at salvaging a story that went flying off the rails in the third chapter. And it was a nice try, with the sympathy party for Laura and her health scare, and then the “Aawwwww!” factor for their new baby. But for me it was just too little too late.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Great

If this was your first story , you really outdid yourself. Politics, dirty lawyers, murder, all kind of resulting from a cheating wife. Just a great story that I totally enjoyed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very good

Good story, I very much enjoyed the entire story, well written.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
You pulled it out wouldn't have ended my way quickly realized BTB

But you did at least make wife a little sympathetic

So don't like but accept RAAC

Still well written 5 stars and I rarely give them out

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Too many standard RAAC tropes

to rate this highly. The plotting was generally great, but toward the end it's as if the author felt compelled to please the "happy ending" crowd and resorted to the all-too-common LW cliches used to force feed a RAAC. What a pity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story

Well written. A good plot that properly misdirects the reader more than once. Entertaining. Five stars. 'Nuff said.

samsub2022samsub2022over 4 years ago
Not ended well........ You know ,?!..... Like the end of tv show LOST...... They couldn't merge the end

Man..... First if all you have a great talent in writing..... But you just expand too much characters or dialogue not neceseriy.....

And too much have potential for ongoing......

For example the sentence Ed said to laura...... What WE have ? Boy or girl?.....

It seems maybe he's the father, especially the introduction of Laura of had a crush on Ed in too chapter ago..... anyway...... Good.......

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I Agree

The Ending was Lost to Me .. Otherwise a Great Story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well written series

Well written, good flow and character development

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Another

story in which the slut wins...and cliche count is wretchedly high

Robby_DRobby_Dabout 4 years ago
Above and Beyond

This was a wonderful story, complex and nuanced. It transcended the typical LW story and it's ending was quite satisfying. However, many of the LW aficionados want even more rage and blood than you delivered. How dare you allow them to reunite! Ah well, life can be cruel. Anyhow, thanks for the story. I enjoyed it immensely.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Enjoyed But Much Complexity

I enjoyed the story overall, but there was a great deal of complexity. As such, it was hard to follow at times.

meucimeuciabout 4 years ago

I would have made sure that the babies DNA was tested and the wife knew about it. I just don't see a way to ever trust the wife again, but that is just my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Es triste que una historia empiece tan bien y termine tan mal.

Sobran los últimos capítulos.

2 estrellas solo porque me gustó el primero.

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago

What a fantastic tale. I absolutely loved it.

More please

katibkatibabout 4 years ago
Great but...

Yeah, great story but lousy proof-reading. Loved the familiar local references.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitalmost 4 years ago
I hated it.

Cheating bitch gets away with it....I hate these beta-male RAAC stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Man....

This author possesses a singular talent for creating weak, self indulgent, and incredibly stupid female characters. Then, the lead character sits around and lets everyone else tell him (with a smirk, I might add) what he’s supposed to feel and what’s good for him. Still, I vote four stars just for getting the commenters riled up!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
When do readers

realize almost every RG story is the same. Arrogant, narcissistic wives shit on their husbands, and the husbands dither, let themselves get pushed around, internally debate non issues and ultimately cuck out. Just because RG puts words in the right places and writes flowing dialogue doesn't mean that the story is good.

The content is defective in an obviously obsessive way. With maybe two or three exceptions, RG husbands have no principles worth mentioning, don't demand justice to the extent that it is available, and are completely incapable to taking or sustaining decisive action.

Here is the RG take on reality as reflected in his stories: Wives are typically evil and stupid (no matter their professions); their men are weak and roll over like obedient little boys to RAAC no matter how despicable the actions of the wife.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 4 years ago
I thought reconciliation was appropriate

This was a 5* for me. For once, the author seemed to know what he was writing about, and the story was fine, except for some unnecessary diversions which i skimmed through and some bad grammar and misspellings.

I know most commentators wanted a BTB ending, but I thought the reconciliation was appropriate. It is not clear whether Laura ultimately cheated to get ahead or because she wanted the asshole, or some combination of both. I am giving the benefit of doubt that she wanted to get ahead to benefit herself and her husband. Yes - she pulled one in getting pregnant, but, once there is a child, BTB endings morey hurt the child than the cheating spouse. And, so, once there is a child, I think reconciliation is best option if it is true and not merely people staying together for the sake of the child.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Contrary to someoneother below

The issue isn't whether there should be a reconciliation; the issue is how RG writes his husbands and wives. This story is pretty typical. He often uses a "mismatch" as a device, i.e. a somehow "high-powered" wife and a husband who is less, to create dramatic tension. The wife behaves, as someone else points out, as an arrogant narcissist, and weak hubby ultimately knuckles under and is a good cuck.

In this case, Laura is literally a whore, selling herself for a promotion and betraying her husband. Undoubtedly, she was also pleased to be getting some "strange" on the side as bonus for her whoring. Once she has what she can't earn professionally, she doubles back to force hubby to be a good little cuck. RG always aligns the universe so hubby is pushed toward RAAC. In this case it even goes to the extreme of Laura doing something that would probably be considered borderline rape (if it were a man doing it to a woman) to get pregnant. But forcing a pregnancy on hubby isn't sufficient humiliation. Laura, being completely self-centered and incompetent, isn't grown-up enough to make sure she takes care of herself properly during pregnancy, and, astonishingly, RG writes in some bitch character(s) to berate hubby as if it's his fault.

The problem is that RG is a feminized man, which is reflected over and over again in his stories. His concept of masculinity in most of his stories is that a "real man" is actually a submissive who allows himself to be led and abused by women like a good cuck. His men tend to have only superficial senses of justice (which RG has his non-husband characters stupidly deride as male "pride"). They never actually stand up for principle in the end; their declarations of principle (which are necessary device to prolong the drama) are always drown in a tsunami of submission to what the arrogant, narcissistic wife wants.

If RG wanted to write something interesting (and he is a good to great wordsmith), he would have had the husband divorce Laura and fight for custody of the child on the ground that she is an unfit mother because prostituted herself professionally. The interest would not lie in his winning - RG has created an utterly corrupt judicial world in this story that doesn't reflect what I saw in NYC in many years of practice in a Wall Street firm, so the assumption would be that he wouldn't - rather, it would lie in a man standing up for principle instead of rewarding a rapey whore. Better, the arrogant, narcissistic Laura would be publicly humiliated. For those who think that he should submit for the sake of the child, the reverse is true. Worst case, he would get ample visitation, and his standing on principle is in the long term best interest of the child because, when it's age appropriate, the child would be told why his parents aren't married, and the child would understand the consequences of betraying wedding vows, one's spouse, and their family. That would be much more interesting and realistic than the behavior of the weak men that RG continually writes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Crime And Punishment

AKA Another Fine Bunch Of Whores. Signed: BTW

unMisTakenIdentityunMisTakenIdentityalmost 4 years ago
Hated it.

First two installments...the story line believable. Last 2 installments? Ridiculous. Writer has talent. He can write dialogue. But what kind of man just takes it when a half dozen different people tell you to your face "so what she fucked another dude repeatedly, gave zero thought as to how it might affect you, and completely disrespected you and your marriage. Real men suck it up and let go of pride and stay with their wife. Can't you see that she cried and feels bad now?" Seriously. This poor MC even got it from hospital personnel?! His wife's bosses? His best friend's slut wife (a notoriously cheater herself) dresses him down like a fucking hypocrite. Even thier marriage counselor who was supposed to be neutral? I kept waiting for his own family members to lay into him and tell him to "shut up and be a happy cuckold!" And he never reacts? Never tells any of these people to fuck off or kiss his ass? Not believable. Hated it. Starting to see a pattern with this author. 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Yep called it

Great story teller, with the morals of a billionaire, or lawyer. Nothing much more needs to be said, great story, just wish he still had some morals, or backbone. Everyone is different, no hate here. But really wish he would write something where there was no moral to the story, cause his attempts are making me sick.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
LOAD OF CRAP..........

I read a couple of comments and they seemed to have really tagged it. The writer is either a faggot or a feminazi. I can't imagine the world populated by the number of cheap, cheating skank whores depicted in this story. Nor can I imagine this many people talking about a man's pride standing in the way of marital bliss with a cheating whore. The downfall of this story is when the author removed the testicles of our main character. And while the whore fucked around he never got a shot at his secretary who obviously wanted him. That is how seriously twisted the author is.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Needs a rewrite

Everything turned to dogshit after he got hurt in the last chapter and took the wife back, him making a deal with the bastard Saul was salt in the wound.

You should go back to just before the accident and scrap everything and give him the divorce so he can work on finding a better wife.

Also, this chapter needs more proofreading, the whole thing feels rushed, another reason to scrap it.

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xalmost 4 years ago
a man without anonymous skills

To: unMistakenIdentity--

That is what kind of man takes what the MC did here. A diesel mechanic/handyman/construction worker can move several states away and hope to make a living; not a person whose job depends on licenses, certifications, and references.

A criminal-justice lawyer knows too well how the webs of influence work to ensure "justus" in cases of "Us versus him."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Man...

The storytelling I give you 4.5. It was good, the plot was above average although Part 3 was really misleading. The story I enjoyed because of some inside peek into the world of politics and legal system, I appreciated the learning I gathered from your story. BUT Man!!! I still hate wimpy husbands and Laura, in my opinion had the last laugh and that sucks! 2 star there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good story enjoyed

And now for the rest of the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Best story

I loved the multiple story lines. I loved their reconciliation! I loved the wimp turning out to be a tiger. I loved the forgiveness and loved The successful revenge! Please write more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Dragging of Time

To Me this was a novel such a the Stand or Better yet the series Lost To complicated and enter woven inside itself jumping back and Forth and to many Changes on who was doing Who more in the realm of Payton Place with the People in it .

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 3 years ago
Tiring It All Together

Explaining the traumatic experience of the two boys brings much of the story into focus at the end. Excellent writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

So his being devastated by his wife betraying him is just his ego? Bull

It was a violation of trust and a marriage contract. Once a cheater always a cheater. Just like if a guy hits a woman once, he’ll do it again, because the line of love and respect was crossed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
nice

I truely like this series.

Its very well done and makes you think.

I also dont see how she would cheat on him and if so, why the remorse the way it was written?

I would like more done on them.

I read the next series and didnt like the way foxys family ended :(

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xover 3 years ago
Sal need not feel guilty...

A big, rich, arrogant lawyer, whose Firm has moved him away from trouble, and who has been scoring on women whose husbands are professionals, is VERY unlikely to heed any warning Sal might give him. Even if the charge against Pat was "attempted murder" with his bare hands, only 10 years ago.

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Damned good story. Love what was unsaid as much as what was said.

Judge6901Judge6901about 3 years ago
Brilliant

Brilliant story. Really liked the main character a gentle loving respectful man who is absolutely lethal when provoked.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Well, so much for "barefoot and pregnant":

"Laura had not been present, having been sent to San Francisco on important firm business thus avoiding the awkward possibility of her husband being at the service."

So I guess Dad's at home watching the kid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Nonsense...

And here we have a robust example of the copyrighted LW "blame shifting" cliche:

"In truth, I had not been much of a husband or future father. I had let my pride and anger loose on her without regard for the consequences. Lately, involved with the problems of the special counsel office, I had been indifferent to her. Now she was lying on the bed fully clothed, her breathing labored and her skin tone a sickly gray. I tried to wake her but she was unresponsive. I called 911....

Two hours later I met with Laura's OBGYN, a late fifties woman with gray hair pulled back into a bun. She was about five foot four worth of pissed off.

"What about being a husband and father don't you understand Mr. Sullivan?"

Laura's problems were entirely of her own creation. She's a slut, a rapist, a conniving cunt who apparently didn't deign to cook or take her vitamins. The question should be to Laura: "What about being a wife and a mother don't you understand?"

This is thoroughly feminized writing. Offensive, ignorant, misandrist...very typical of writers here.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 3 years ago
Still great

I commented a while ago, but found myself reading this again. It seems harder to find excellent stories on the LV site nowadays. It is still a classic. The wife suffers in the absence of all the usual yelling and screaming we see in most cheating stories, and the neglect seems kind of benign, but is actually remarkably cruel. Living with someone, not forgiving them but basically ignoring them most of the time is quite cruel; if it was intentional I’d say shame on him, but instead he just seems pretty emotionally stunted. The wife’s character metamorphed so much by the end that she’s hardly recognizable. My main minor nit to pick is that we should see more backbone in her showing through. The counseling was an opportunity for this couple to start communicating, but after such a long time going to counseling we get very little insight. Still, this series was a great reread!

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 3 years ago

So Laura is such a competent lawyer she's looking at some decent partner position... but she's too stupid to know how to order food (as in who cares if she knows how to cook)...?

And Mr. Solomon is so interested in the lives of his employees he subverts the legal system to interfere in a divorce (but he can't be bothered to check on the health of said employee)?

Nothing Pat did was the reason Laura cheated and to foist the blame on him is totally ridiculous...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Just another

misandrist tale by a feminized male author. Filled with lots of LW cliches...

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 3 years ago

Well the RAAC cucky boys will masturbate to this putrid tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It was really too bad that the misogynists didn't have an opportunity to masturbate to a tale of female torture, we didn't get to hear their excited cries of "Oh, the slut is burning, I--I--I'm splooging!" But at least we get to laugh as they bitch, like little girls, about it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good

Much better ending than the scheiss of Chapter3.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

He needs lots of work on grammar, spelling, and usage, but this is a greatly talented storyteller. Powerful, subtle, morally perceptive: he’s one of the best on this site.

lawspamenalawspamenaabout 3 years ago

Brilliant and smart story-telling! Kudos to you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

really excellent writing.

Hope to see more from you.

Takes skill to get a happy ish ending out of a cheating slut and a guy destroyed by her. Was an interesting take to make it partially the husbands fault for not "stopping" the affair.

At first I didnt like this but when thought about it, why wouldnt any husband not take steps to prevent it? Unless he believed the relationship was already over or she would do it anyway.

The friend married to foxy is a dyed in the wool evil slut and destined for a bad outcome.

MicknTrixieMicknTrixiealmost 3 years ago

I don’t rate each part of a multi part release. I wait until I have read it in its entirety then judge it.

An excellent story start to finish. 5*

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

The question never answered, why didn't Pat stop the affair before it started. When he was eavesdropping in the booth next to his wife's partner in crime it was intimated the 'meeting' next Wednesday would be their first. So..............why didn't he stop it? Just the planning to cheat was enough prove she was and unfaitful slut? That's the only thing I can figure and then later on when preditor dies of an overdose maybe Pat killed him? Makes sense I guess. Good story with a bit of mystery. Still can't quite figure him taking his wife back, have no idea what I'd do. Oh one other thing when you wife cheats that does not make you a cuckhold unless you know bout it and condone it. Great story

oldsage_1oldsage_1almost 3 years ago

Great story. I must smile occasionally at my fellow commenters. "Why didn't Pat stop her before she cheated since he knew she was going to a week in advance?" Weeelll....that would have been a very short and not very interesting story!

I didn't come here to critize but to congratulate you on a very well written and riveting story. Thank you.

Cheers

SAGE

manOfCulture11manOfCulture11almost 3 years ago

not the ending I was hoping for. 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So his wife let's her guilt about being a total whore affect her pregnancy by not eating or taking her vitamins and not resting properly. Gets sent to the emergency room and ICU...and some random OBGYN tries to guilt him about her own state of health...keep in mind she is a highly educated woman. She knows what'll happen if she does not take care of herself.

Yet now HE is the bad guy and let's some doctor that he doesnt know...and who is inconsequential to him...he let's her comments to him somehow change his entire mind about his marriage?

Keep in mind his whore of a wife basically rapes him after he gets discharged from the hospital after suffering a stroke and his attempted murder...and he is not even able to walk...she rapes him to get herself pregnant and she laughs at him the entire time she is raping him. Knowing she is getting knocked up by a man who is essentially incapable of resisting. And keep in mind he HAD been trying to divorce the slut for months. And at the time of conception he despises her and her whore cunt?

Yet...boom. The doctor tells him to grow up and be a husband to someone he doesnt even wannabe around anymore? Yeah. In real life men react well in these situations.

More likely he would have said in response to the doctor"Just so you know where we all stand with regards to my loving wife. She's a whore. She fucked her boss to make partner. She makes plenty of money now. She can hire herself a nurse and pay the nurse to give a shit about her. I'm gonna divorce her skanky ass after this is all over any way." That's how I woulda responded to the manipulative bitch doctor.

I might have even added just to see the reaction, "I'm not even sure the kid is mine based on what a slut she is. I'm only sticking around long enough to have a DNA test done after the birth. So take your self righteous anger and blow it out of your ass."

Seriously. It was an I interesting story line. With the asshole ex lover getting his just due. And not being able to rat anyone else out. I did like the Foxy character. But Foxy's wife and Laura are horrible human beings. The world would be better off without them in it. Good thing they are made up.

I just don't know any man in real life who would have stayed with this woman. Child or no child.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

Not a bad story but I think the ending was not that great. For Pat and Laura they didn't work through their problems, were just forced together by an injury and baby. Also felt like people kept blaming Pat, acting like it was his fault for not forgiving, his fault for not "manning up", and accepting she made a mistake. I don't mind they got back together but it needed to be after some soul searching on her part and real sorrow for what she did. She didn't in my opinion seem all that sorry, sorry she lost her husband, sorry she got caught, but not sorry about the act. Gave it 3 stars, a good strong story starting out but just had a not so great ending.

Anallicker01Anallicker01almost 3 years ago

Not a bad story, sure seemed like a whole bunch of "players". I didn't enjoy the ending, I was hoping for a more drastic one. He spent 6 months or more commuting to the city & really had no change of heart towards laura but has 1or 2 encounters with her OBGYN & he "shapes up"? How heavy was your investigating into the internal workings of N.Y. state government & also all the legal jumbo you included? Just curious.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Very good story and better the second time around. I guess Laura's cheating was justifiable because of a weakness or mental illness? There are many reasons, actually justifications for cheating. In my mind none of them are acceptable. Man's (and woman's) ability to rationalize anything is unlimited. Marriage is a promise, you don't break promises! More people who are thinking about getting married need to do some pre-marriage counseling and discuss the meaning of the marriage vows and what each expects out of the marriage. All decisions need to be talked about and made together. No game playing no innuendo, no statements like "you should have known". Nobody knows for sure until you communicate with the and spell it out. Some of us, especially guys do not understand non-verbal communications, period, end of rant

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just another LW weak, needy, cuck of a husband character. He's essentially raped, and then there's formulaic medical emergency/baby RAAC.

sf_operative63sf_operative63almost 3 years ago

Overall I like the story. I do, however, agree with worldtraveler63 - Pat Sullivan needs to be written as a different character (especially if you read the prequel )

skruff101skruff101almost 3 years ago

When the MC is manipulated as much as this, the only reason must be that he enjoys being dominated and steered in whatever direction others want, in which case he deserves everything he gets.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - as I finally managed to read most of this story. I figure the two MCs (the husband & wife) got about 20% of the coverage. The 80% portion was in pretty useless legal/political crap. Maybe this author should try to stay focused on the LW/MC content and leave the useless stuff to the local news papers or crime novels.

ArdieffArdieffover 2 years ago

Great tale, good twists. A very interesting read ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The fact that Pat ended up being just another cuckolded wimp was... SADLY... buried in a long convoluted legal drama. If that was was what I wanted to read I'd have picked up a John Grisham novel.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 2 years ago
Excellent tale…

… marred by atrocious spelling and grammar errors. You obviously have some significant experience with the law. I presume, therefore, that you might have experience with writing briefs or other legal documents. I cannot imagine any legal professional submitting a legal document that contains as many grammatical errors as these four chapters do.

So, I must ask, how did you deal with your grammatical handicap in that extremely rigorous field? Someone must have fixed your many errors for you. You need to get another one of those.

I’m not bothered by the outcome of the tale. I thought it was an excellent ending, knowing of course, that the world forces compromises upon us, and that we do not always get everything we want.

It is unfortunate that the world is overflowing with morons, trolls, and emotionally stunted man-boys that do not understand this. Or, perhaps, refuse to do so, because they have been convinced that reality and facts don’t matter. I suppose it’s understandable; they are morons, aren’t they?

I know it’s true, because I’ve read the comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Terrible, goes through all that work and ends up back with the damn slut. Garbage. Just another cuckold tale, a convoluted one but still just the same RAAC crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow I kept expecting it to get better too bad it didn't. Fitzgerald getting saddled with a worthless slut was a terrible let down, Pat as well. It'll be a few short years before she is slutting it up for some othe "powerful man". So the guys from the poor side of the track are still being pawns for their elitist wives? At least Frank got his, couldn't happen to a bigger POS. So the moral of the story behind every powerful man is a cuckolding slut? Not my favorite story of you 2*

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962over 2 years ago

So two corporate lawyer sluts play cougar and marry younger guys they think they can manipulate and cuck. They find out otherwise later but the gist is the wives can fuck who they want but the guys can't? Yeah not going to happen. I had so much hope for this story when I started. Half way through I sincerely doubted RG was a male. With maybe one exception all the women in this story were worthless upper crust sluts, gold diggers or real life prostitutes. The male lawyers were what I've come to expect, amoral bottom feeders who can't keep their zippers closed. They should all take themselves out of the gene pool. The only bright spot was when Pat got to take out that POS Frank. Did anybody else notice how Laura defended Frank when Pat matter of factly presented the truth? Pat and Steve were damaged from their shared trauma but were big sharks in the big pond of life. Then folded for all the women they encounter. Bella should be decertified with all her "it's your male pride getting in thr way" BS. Then for Pat to just roll over and accept it was just too much for me. The OBGYN would have been shut down after her first outburst. Laura tries to off herself through neglect and it's all Pat's fault? More feminist BS. These guys aren't sharks they're cucks who enjoy being disrespected by their women. I read one commenter us the term Feminsed male characters. I think it fits in this context, sorry I wasted so much of my free time reading this to only be sorely disappointed. It was well written, the characters were robust if not unlikeable. I don't care about spelling and grammar, if I can read and follow the plot then it's all good with me. But I gave it two 2* for all the cuck shit

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

All lawyers are parasitic scum. Therefore, all stories about lawyers get a 1. It is a rare privilege to participate in a voting opportunity that allows one to restore balance to the universe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wolf_man_1962 Said everything which was to be said. Chapter 1 was good, the rest not. 2* for the entire work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Skank got away with it in the end, no matter how portrayed!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cheating slut gets away with it. Wimp husband takes her back.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

An excellent story from a talented author and good editors. Interesting how the man so set on destroying his wife and divorcing her for her indiscretions wound up being maneuvered into staying with her and even starting a family. As we all know children change everything.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another strong to happy rickman. Great Prose wasted on the happy cuckold for life obsession.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

great story. Not the ending or path to the ending I would have chosen

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 2 years ago

I know the anon pud pullers will always drool the cuck and wimp saliva off their tongues but they usually don't have an appreciation for well crafted and entertaining stories. This one is one of the best.

MFH

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63over 2 years ago

Well written but the title should be "Women behaving badly and the men have to deal with it". Susan is a serial cheater. When she get engaged she plans multiple fuck parties with strange men. Then when her husband finds out, and he did, and starts to cheat himself she is terribly hurt (hypocrisy?). Laura is no better, she takes part in the fuck parties with Susan while she is dating Patrick then rationalizes that it is OK. Then in order to make more $$ she has an affair with a ass. The Senators wife has an affair and gets pregnant. In all of this the men are just supposed to realize that this is driven by weakness in the women and forgive them. Really? I have to wonder if this was written to irritate men or to please women because it is seriously skewed.

johsunjohsunover 2 years ago

I liked the whole story - I'm pretty sure I've read it before, but I read a lot. My only clue was that I had filled out five stars on some of them. I started this time with the 'prequel' series. Glad I did. I gave five thumbs up everywhere, and thoughrougly enjoyed the story.

.

Having said that, you do need to work on punctuation, and also, check the dictionary for the difference between 'Then' and 'Than'. Also 'your' and 'you're'. Not just this chapter, all of them. But that's just nitpicking. The story/plot lines were worthy of a best selling novel. And a publishing house would have hired a proofreader, probably, not sure they do that any more. Yeah, yeah, I'm an old fart from the days when even a history or geography test, from grade school on up through college, counted points off for grammar and spelling. Heck, I even had a geometry teach take off points for them when I explained some theorem or other on a test. Yeah, and damn few multi-choice questions back then as well.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

So enjoyable a read… even this second time around. Love reading about this universe. Looking forward to reading the prequel series. Thank-you for your talent.

addi01edaddi01edover 2 years ago

1. This is not a 'wimpy, cuckold' critique. 2. I like your voice as an author and thought the first two chapters had 3d characters, good dialogue, believable backstories and organic plot. 3. By ch3 you seem to have decided on an ending. Your characters didn't fit so you changed them and their backstories. When it still didn't come together you just 'deus ex machina' the whole thing. So, you failed your own story. 4. You need an editor. Your grammar and spelling is really bad, and clearly a weakness. Don't be too proud to get help.

Warm regards

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

BITCHES NEED A REAL BAD BEATDOWN!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

this is good shit fam.

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 2 years ago

Well we know who wears the pants in Richard Gerald's relationship.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great ending. As God as your story ideas are you really need a final editor. The BMW becomes a Mercedes? People change names?. I'm published x7 and would be honored to home this gem and your next piece. I am not quick, I have a demanding career. But for your level of skill and imagination I would make time. We'll chat again after I send the link to my first piece on Literotica

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Cuckold is normally used for a man who has been deceived. Willing cuckold is a different matter. A husband who is aware and tolerates his wife cucking is normally called a wittol or wittold.

Patrick should have intervened up front. Channeled his inner shark/wolf. And simply put her on a very short leash. But he did not willingly accepted her cuckoldry. He waited for her to cheat, then punished them both. The punishment he inflicted was appropriate.

And as far as she knows he ultimately had her abuser (blackmailer to somewhat willing victim) murdered.

I would have liked to have seen more punishment for Laura, but she did have to suffer months of pain while separated, confess her behavior, learned that she had significantly lowered the top bosses opinion of her smarts (Sal: I am surprised he got to you Laura, I warned all the (clueless dumb bunnies) but didn't think I needed to warn you). And of course removed herself from the beautiful angel status with Patrick to weak, slutty charity case.

I would have liked to have seen that new dynamic play out.

Finally, was all of Laura's sluttery confessed - giving Frank her ass, swallowing his cum? And why the day of sluttery after she made partner? To me that made her a slut rather than semi-willing blackmail victim.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 2 years ago

All the parts. One hell of a good fine story. Marvelously well told. May I say thank you?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A good, complicated tale but spoiled by grammatical/spelling errors e.g. there/their/they're.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

An interesting, complex but somewhat rambling and confusing tale of cheating, revenge, ambition, corruption, murder and eventually an element of self discovery. I admire the author's skill but I find it difficult to have any empathy with his characters who are almost uniformly unpleasant, selfish and not to be trusted.

I don't mind the leading man being a bastard as long as he's a charming or charismatic bastard. Patrick was just a vindictive, immature, self indulgent hypocrite with the self awareness of an amoeba - and Laura wasn't much better.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The writing was fine but I just can’t get past what a wimp the husband was. He was manipulated and led around by the nose by his wife and all of her cronies. I the end he just rolls over and accepts the cheating slut as if nothing had happened. No real man could be this big of a pussy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story....hoping for more. I'll be checking. BTW screw the grammatical/spelling errors comments. Some people just can't be pleased. You did a great job and have real talent.

Elgatoazul1944Elgatoazul1944about 2 years ago

Really enjoyed this story!

LanmandragonLanmandragonalmost 2 years ago

A very good story, gets 5 stars, but it really needs a complete rewrite - the sequences are often confusing, which makes the storyline hard to follow.

wish_thinkerwish_thinkeralmost 2 years ago

This was hard to follow often. Too much hinted at and too much simply unexplained. The last few paragraphs were maybe the best. I may read this yet again, hopefully learn more and understand.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The comments are good, and for a change, helpful. Yes, there were parts the could confuse the reader, but mostly because we as weak on what goes on in the political arena. Well done. Good job. Keep writing.

XYZ

ChopinesqueChopinesquealmost 2 years ago

Second reading. Your story is rich and complex, layered, deep. Your characters' natures are only revealed when you choose to do it, and no, this reader can't identify well with any of them. tropes get teased out and then broken and dropped into the dust between the paragraphs. But it remains so dadgum good a story that it's still one special read.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 1 year ago

Typical RG hogwash, piling up character after character then messing it all up. This guy writes like soap opera writers, his characters like this "Pat Sullivan" change like chameleons nevermind the need.

You need a blueprint and notes to follow crap like this only to discover that it is all worth jack shit.

And you do need to be very pretentious to call this crap "Crime and Punishment".

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Shame. From powerful to wimp, you turned a great character that had his own values and morals to one that you can't root for. A cheater is a cheater so why would he still stay with the cunt, that, by the way, baby trapped him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another thing comes to mind, it seems people seem to see raac, baby trapping, trivialising serious relationship problems, minimising deep betrayals and more as romantic.

It goes to show that the average reader is average in more than one way. Some will find themselves on the receiving end of the treatment foisted upon the MC and they will find it unfair and horrendous, which it is, but very few, if any, will see the irony of their reaction and even remember giving such high marks to this crapshoot of a series.

This is proven by the fact that, for some unknown reason, it is rated quite highly. It just proves that the masses can't really be trusted.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 1 year ago

This author write in soap opera style, patching one plot segment on another for the sake of keeping it going. Accordingly, his characters are changing as needed to make the plot fragments stick. Overall the whole story becomes a series of weekly connected pieces with an array of characters that are like sticks in the rail that the author is holding attempting to finish the never-ending narrative. No wonder now he needs a sequel, prequel, commentaries etc.

Giant hogwash.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Reading the last two chapters got harder and harder, it was like reading treacle. Totally disagree he could not divorce his wife. For me a poor and hard tread. Others will like and have liked it. Its all down to he writing style but a style that was way too much for me. Strange because the first two chapters were a good read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous