Drifter McLeod & Desiree

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're kidding me that you think men talk big talk at parties?"

Morgan grinned and said, "That's what men like to tell women so McLeod you better assist to keep up the pretence. Oh, do you play tennis?"

"Yep and I'm reasonably handy with the racquet, squash as well."

"You seem my kind of guy," Morgan said. "My parents have two all-weather courts with night-lighting. We must get you over for one of our tennis parties."

"Sounds great. Thanks."

On Sunday McLeod took Desiree to places he'd been saving to experience for the first time and with her. They visited the Museum of Science and Industry, had a leisurely lobster salad lunch and in the afternoon went on the highly rated Architectural Boat Tour downriver and out into Lake Michigan.

Leaving the boat they went window shopping, then to a movie and then McLeod apologized saying, "We've going to a restaurant that is superbly located on River North. I've heard it's a bit touristy but serves great steaks. Anyway I went ahead and booked."

"Well we are acting like tourists and I do like a good steak," Desiree said.

They went to Smith and Wollensky.

When parting at the hostel, Desiree thanked McLeod, kissing him.

"It was a wonderful day."

"You're welcome."

She said, staring at him. "You are being so terribly kind to me."

He took the plunge. "When you are tired of the hostel you have an open invitation to come and live with me."

"I thought as much."

"Does my offer offend you?"

"Not at all," she said. "My mother warned me men like their little treats."

"Did she now."

"Yes and I say thanks for that invitation and I feel I shall be warming to the idea. At present living surrounded by other noisy women has it appeal but I suppose it will wear thin."

"Just remember in time everything wears thin."

"That is very astute. I hear you are away Tuesday and Wednesday at a senior management workshop in Houston?"

"Yes I'm representing the company."

"Do you go there alone?"

"No I take my PA Eva, you met her last night."

"Oh yes. I bet you wish you were traveling with her sister. God Crissy is HOT."

"Yes, no comparison is there? Well that's the way the cookie crumbles. Actually Eva and I have become good friends. She is hugely competent as a support person."

"She admires you. Eva told me you insisted she transfer with you to your new department, hugely embarrassing her because it began such a rumpus with the incumbent gathering support."

"Well yeah. I didn't handle it well. I ought to have arranged for the other woman to slip into a slightly better position but in the excitement of receiving such a high elevation I overlooked that and the crap then hit the fan."

"Yes, Eva told me. The remarkable Miss McTavish intervened, smoothed feathers, placed Elaine into the position Eva was vacating with higher pay and grading and all was well."

"Yeah, remarkable she is. You must understand I didn't go running to her sniveling. It was the grapevine that alerted her."

Desiree asked, "She's acting more or less as your surrogate mother isn't she?"

"More or less. That was a perceptive comment. Look if you shine in your role you can be expected to be promoted and don't be surprised if the person pulling the levers is Miss McTavish."

"Why would I be surprised?" Desiree said. "Well I must go. I've had a wonderful day. Oh, have you had a relationship with Crissy?"

"Desiree I won't lie to you. It's over."

"At least four times I saw her looking at you. It was not the look of a party hostess. Thank you for being honest with me. It makes no difference to me. As mom suggested, men like their little treats."

"Well here's my question. Are you a virgin?"

"No, well short of it. Good night. You have been so kind."

McLeod watched her into the lobby and unlock the inner door. She turned and waved. He blew her a kiss and she laughed and blew one back. He was delighted to see that. It possibly was a strong indication she'd not gone off him.

CHAPTER 5

Job pressures were beginning to get to McLeod and he knew there were two reasons for that. The economic recession was biting, hitting sales and associated revenue-producing activity and he was forced to fire some field workers to cut costs. He knew the theory of this but he was now up to his neck in it, facing the ugly side to business. He knew office jobs would be the next to go.

He went to Max and suggested he not go to Houston.

"I want you to go." Max said. "You've had rapid promotion and must fill in some holes on practical knowledge. That workshop will accelerate your personal development."

"Well I'll go alone."

"That will only save petty cash but please yourself."

Remarkably when McLeod returned to his office Eva said, "Do you mind if I cancel going to Houston. I have a cold coming on. It could be the flu."

"Is that the reason you want out?"

She didn't answer and didn't meet his gaze.

"I see. Well your health comes first Eva. Please advise the workshop organizer."

Later when bringing in the coffee Eva said, "Regarding me pulling out of Houston. I've decided I should not extend my personal relationship with you if you know what I mean. My marriage and my son are important to me."

"Fine and I understand but you were going as a support person."

"Really but me not going leaves you without a partner unlike other delegates?"

"Well that too, yes."

"You could arrange to take Desiree."

"She and I am not into intimacy yet and anyhow she is on a steep learning curve and ought not be distracted."

"You are not intimate with her? Well that is astonishing news."

"Well news it might be but keep that to yourself."

"Yes of course."

McLeod had not been to Houston before so after registering at the hotel boarded a mid-afternoon tourist bus to have a look around. At the workshop introduction cocktail party he was only a little conscious of being without a partner. He knew no one and being a newcomer to this specialist group, regulars were interested to talk to him. He was invited to dinner with a group and sat beside a female presenter who was also solo so didn't feel left out.

It was early to bed that night for McLeod but because he wasn't a regular on the conference circuit he thought that was normal. The workshops next day were fairly uninspiring and he mainly kept his mouth shut, being a new boy, but participated when required. He wondered what the hell was he doing there and thought perhaps many people who attended conventions, conferences and seminars probably thought the same.

After the final session he went for a walk instead of heading to the bar with the crowd and a delegate he knew as a professor in computer science joined him and they walked for more than an hour. Evan asked didn't McLeod have a partner and when told no asked did he want one to be with him at the dinner dance that evening. McLeod shrugged and nodded.

"It's my wife's sister, is that okay? She's staying with us."

"Yep that's fine."

The evening went very well. The sister who was forty was very lively and intelligent and made it clear at the outset she was happily married and was only doing this as a favor for Evan.

"That's okay. So it's definitely no hands on or is a bit of mild hoo-hah acceptable?"

Rebecca asked what hoo-hah meant.

"I have no idea."

She giggled and said she didn't believe him. "If it means nothing below the waist then after a few wines I guess my objections will be weak."

"Okay, that's what hoo-hah means."

They joined Evan and his wife Savannah with another two couples and dinner went well and the guy who took the rostrum halfway through was a superb comedian, having everyone in stitches.

As soon as dinner finished Rebecca wanted to go. Savannah was equally adamant she wanted to stay for the cabaret because she liked to dance.

"Can you dance McLeod?"

"I can get around missing toes."

"Evan you take Rebecca home and then come back."

Evan agreed and as the two women went to the women's room, Evan said, "Savannah has her eye on you pal. I'll not be back unless you insist."

"God I can't have any part in this."

"Well it's your decision. Just dance with her and when you ready put her in a cab."

"Are you sure that's okay with you?"

"Yes. It's happened before so don't fret. I'll go out and wait for them. If Savannah returns to you then it's all on."

Savannah returned and looking at McLeod when she sat down and picked up her glass, said to him coolly, "I suppose Evan said I'm yours for the night."

"Something like that."

"Well?"

"Let's dance."

Savannah was into fitness and taught yoga to businesswomen. A close-cropped blonde she wore a skimpy dress that showed off pointy boobs. As she swung into McLeod's arms on the dance floor he realized she was exactly his height. She was endeavoring to push her crotch through his. Well it made for easier dancing.

"Will you be fucking me tonight, hopefully all night?"

"Sorry but no."

"Why not."

"You won't accept the answer so why say it."

"Try me."

"It just doesn't feel right."

"Oh Christ, another fucked up night. When this dance finishes put me in a taxi."

"Thanks for not giving me a hard time over this Savannah. This is not about you; it's about me. There's this girl see and she'd proving very difficult to reel in and..."

"Christ how romantic. Well I wish you well. You're the youngest guy at this event McLeod so you must be doing some things right. I hope you get your gal. Can we go now?"

Evan and McLeod sat together through the next day's sessions. No mention was made of Savannah or her early arrival home the previous night. Evan was called up to give the closing address.

As soon as McLeod got to the airport and confirmed his flight would be on time he called Desiree.

"Hi, where are you?

"Due to fly out of Houston in twenty minutes. Meet me at Rock Salt for dinner. I land about 8:30 and will go straight there."

"Okay. I noticed Eva had obviously not gone with you. Aren't you exhausted?"

"What from boozing and whoring?"

She laughed and said she would have put that more delicately.

"No women and I didn't over-imbibe in alcohol. A quite gorgeous woman made a pitch for me but I said no."

"My goodness."

"I didn't think you would approve."

"And since when I have been in control of your behavior?"

"I'm more than attracted to you Desiree. I'm yours if you want me."

The silence was to be expected.

"Come on Desiree, you know what to say. No crap."

"This is what I've been hoping for. A conclusion that leaves you with me."

"Fair enough," McLeod said easily. "There's no need to rush. While away I began to focus and you were in the center of my focus."

"How romantic."

"Well believe what you must Desiree but unfortunately I have the feeling I'm not longer in ascendancy."

"I don't know what that means."

"Something tells me that the business balloon that has been carrying me much higher than my expectation is about to burst because of deteriorating global economics. Our clients and potential clients are beginning to cutback. The cutbacks will slowly gather momentum."

"Are you expecting to be fired?"

"Either that or encouraged to walk."

"Ohmigod, you'll be devastated."

McLeod turned a little thin-lipped. "Maybe, maybe not. I know how to drift."

"Well if you go so do I."

He sighed. "And then what?"

"Perhaps we should go home to my family."

"They will be hit as well."

Desiree said determinedly there was only one way to find out.

* * *

Desiree's heart sang as she got ready to go out. From the outset she'd written McLeod off as an opportunist. After one night it would have been thanks for the memory Desiree. You were swell but you must slam back into your guy harder, or something like that. Women talk about things like that because women know what men are like. She'd been told men have this funny idea women can perform like acrobats.

She wasn't surprised McLeod was feeling a little out of his depth. One of the girls from administration had told her that McLeod had catapulting to a salary of $125,000. Ohmigod. She thought what he'd been telling her he'd survive if he returned to being jobless. Well she'd stand by him. He was okay and there was no one else waiting in the wings except guys looking for a one-off bang and they were usually married.

Desiree was already at the table when he arrived, carrying an overnight bag and his laptop. She thought he looked exactly like an international business guru should look like and obviously the boss Max Fyffe had seen this in McLeod.

She stood and they kissed in a tight clinch and she whispered. "I've very capable of loving you."

He kissed her nose and his smile almost melted her. Ohmigod, she'd be giving it to him across the table in the middle of the restaurant if she failed to maintain control.

"How's it going babe?"

"Very well thank you. I did miss you."

"Imagine what future separations will be like when you are accustomed to me shafting you."

"McLeod, really!"

"You don't fool me Desiree, you want it as much as I do."

"Oh god, he was on to her. How on earth had he found out? He must... oh no, the sly jerk, he was guessing!"

Well he didn't get it that night but got a warm hand on to one of her boobs without objection.

* * *

People on the payroll were just disappearing ... here today, no show the next day.

Everyone began fearing for their job.

Desiree called home and spoke to her mom Michelle.

"Hi mom, things are not looking good here because of the economic downturn. Firings have comments and I feel under threat.:

"Well just leave and come home darling. At least you've tasted the dream."

"May I bring McLeod? He's expecting the axe to fall on him."

"Yes and we can find him a job like stacking lumber."

"Oh god."

"Well challenge him to do better darling. Sometimes there are rough times in life."

* * *

McLeod was called to Max's office. Miss McTavish came to escort him to the office. "So I'm done for," he smiled.

"I'm afraid so. I did everything I could to save you."

"I know and thank you. Miss McTavish please stay in touch and when you retire we must talk. I want you living near me. It will be a turnaround, my turn to keep and eye on you."

"You don't mean that.

"Emily," thundered McLeod, using her forename for the first time, "You behave yourself and do what you're told. I mean it and you know I do."

Miss McTavish grabbed McLeod's arm and said, "That's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me. Thank you dear boy."

Max, in a dark suit and looking grim, held out a severance check and said, "I'm sorry McLeod. I have to let you go. Speak to no one apart from Eva. I launched into expansion at quite the wrong time, failing to read early warnings. It will now be a struggle to keep afloat and one of the drastic measures is to cut the payroll."

"I understand completely Max. In your shoes I'd do exactly the same thing. It's not your fault and please sleep easy at nights."

"Your one in a million McLeod. A bit more experience under your belt and you would have cut a scythe through corporate America."

McLeod didn't believe that extravagance but smiled and shook Max's hand and took the check. He looked at the check walking back to his office and whistled. It was for $40,000."

He murmured, " Naughty boy Max, knowing if he hit the road without Desiree that much money could last him up to four years.

Eva gave him the expected tearful farewell and down in the lobby McLeod met a tearful Desiree.

"Hi, what's up?"

"I saw you going with Miss McTavish into Mr Fyffe's office so guessed what that was about. I've resigned with immediate effect and have received pay till the end of next week, other entitlements and a gratuity of two hundred bucks. How much do you get?"

"Um a little more than that," McLeod said, his only reason for evading the question being he had no wish to humiliate her by announcing his big number."

It was only 2:00 pm. He asked what did she want to do.

"Nothing."

"Oh come on; it's not the end of the world. Let's go to a fish restaurant and tank up on white wine."

"That sounds good."

"Oh come on Desiree. A little more enthusiasm would be appreciated."

"Oooh yes, fish and white wine. I'd really love that, especially being in your company."

"Good one baby, I like that," McLeod said kissing her.

McLeod handed across his company card, company keys and parking card to the security guy waiting at the front door.

"Oh you poor darling," Desiree dry-sobbed. "You must feel practically emasculated."

"No Desiree. I feel as you should feel, free."

"God how can you be so optimistic?"

"Because something will turn up. It always does. He pulled out his personal cell phone from his attaché case and said, "Let the phone ring."

They grinned when nothing happened.

Over lunch Desiree said, "What is the situation with your apartment? I'll paid up with my room to the end of this month with another month paid in advance which equates to the notice I'm obliged to give. But they can have it. I'm out of expensive Chicago."

"Yeah, that makes sense," he said.

"You may come home with me. Mom is expecting we might arrive. I gave her my pessimistic report before anything actually occurred."

"Would you like me to do that?"

"Yes. I'll go to the hostel and sign out. Then may I spend the night with you."

"What on the sofa?"

"In your bed with you. I'm more comfortable about that know I know you better and feel we are now more or less on equal footing."

"McLeod said carefully, "What a great idea."

* * *

They reached McLeod's apartment after Desiree had collected her possessions from the hostel. McLeod had waited for her in the cab.

It had been a long and emotional day for them. At his apartment he'd now quit, Desiree was in the shower and McLeod was thinking about the best way to lay his hands on her to inaugurate their sexual coupling when Desiree called.

As he entered the bathroom she called, "Come and join me."

He grinned, thinking what a masterstroke; his lady had intelligence.

Her hair was wet and her arms opened wide as he entered the shower box.

Gleefully McLeod went to work, moving slowly, doing nothing to disgust or frighten her but soon found she was not at all timid, she saying, "And what's this?" grasping his erection and squeezing gently.

In the morning as their first day as an unemployed duo, McLeod awoke to find Desiree's hand wrapped round his morning erection.

"And what's this?" she giggled, noticing he was awake and making it sound as if she'd made a discovery of the century.

Sex the previous night had been accomplished successfully but McLeod would have preferred it to have been much more robust but knew it was up to him to try to up-tempo. She was a fit, strong young woman and would be quite capable of swinging from the rafters, so to speak. Well, what was the rush?

They kissed and stroked one other. He played with her hair and Desiree appeared to rather like that. McLeod waited patiently and finally she climbed on to him. He placed his hands behind his head, smiling at her. She dribbled on his dick, worked the moisture around the shaft and then in a delightful study of concentration she fed it in, unassisted. Slowly she began moving and soon was bouncing.

Oh boy. McLeod drew his hands from under his head and went after her flying tits. She leant back, staring at him and puffing and he began pushing his hips back at it and suddenly Desiree's face darkened, she squealed and climaxed.

Breathing heavily she slumped beside him and said, "Wow."

"Was that good?"

"Oh yeah," she smiled grabbing a towel. "I was surprised how so passive you were last night. I'd picked you for a guy who would be in the wall-to-wall sex category.