Fever Dream Pt. 02: T.B.D.E.

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"God baby, look at you...Thank you so much," She whispered, grabbing his face, kissing him with intensity and purpose. She broke the kiss, and he looked in her eyes. She might have known, somewhere deep down for their whole lives, but at this moment she knew. She loved him. They had still never said the words out loud to each other, but she knew. She would always love him. It's always been them, and it always would be.

"Happy Birthday, Jackson!" She said, beaming at him. "Now, we gotta hurry up and shower before Mom comes!"

She quickly jumped off him and trotted back to her room towards the shower, the smile of a cat who'd devoured the canary spread across her face the whole way. Jack was left sitting on his bed, frozen except for the shudders still spreading throughout his body, his breathing slowly coming back to a steady rhythm. He leaned his head back, closed his eyes and basked in his post-orgasm glow. Sure, they'd been making out every day since they were 16, but she just never got old. Perhaps it had been because they always had to wait until every other soul was out of sight, and there was as little risk of discovery as possible, but truth be told, it was a miracle they had made it to graduation and the start of Summer break, because whenever they were alone, they just couldn't keep their hands off each other. Every open opportunity that came, they seized it, lips locked and in each other's arms. Hell, he thought, this is practically 'our' bed anyway...and it was true. They had been sleeping in each other's beds since infancy, but their parents put a stop to it when they were both 14. That night had not gone well. They fought, screamed, begged and cried at their parents for hours that night, practically until daylight. It broke their parent's hearts, their mother even on the verge of caving at a few points, but they stood firm and won out. Jack nor Stella had recognized or realized anything romantic between them at that time, they just really were 'inseparable'. It had been that way since, again, infancy.

Then one day, after a double dentist appointment where they both needed anesthesia for work done, they had kissed. When they woke up and remembered, they tried kissing again, to see if it was just the drugs, even though they were both individually certain how they felt about the other. Since that day, for all intents and purposes, they were boyfriend and girlfriend, albeit secret ones. They then worked out a system. They were both analytical thinkers by nature, and so they laid down an intricate groundwork for both how they would be with each other and how to keep from getting caught. A series of contingencies, cover stories, alarms and it was really a piece of cake, and it had worked flawlessly up until now. The one big rule they both agreed to was no sex until they were 18. Oral, vaginal, anal, hand stuff...none of it. At first it was out of fear, then it was out of routine, then it was just out of wanting to see if what they felt was beyond anything physical. Could their unique sibling bond continue to evolve, grow and mature into something...else? Something bigger and deeper?

As he was lost in these thoughts and memories, the jostling, and then opening of the bedroom door caused him to jump, quickly covering his lower half with his sheets before whoever it was would see him splayed out. "Happy Birthday Carter babies!" his mother practically shouted as she came in.

Locked the door my fucking ass, he seethed to himself.

"Stella beat you to the shower honey? You two better hurry up and get ready, you have a big day and I already made breakfast downstairs. Now come on honey! Let's get to it!" his mother said, trying to sound both authoritative and enthusiastic. And he did. After Stella got out of the shower, trying to maul him into a 'round two' in the bathroom, he successfully fought her off, citing his frustration at her for lying about the door, then showered, dressed, and they both headed downstairs, giving each other a quick kiss before they were forced to spend the rest of the day performing their 'act'.

CH. 8

They entered the front room, towards the kitchen and were met with smiling faces and birthday hugs. Martha and George were bringing out the last of the special breakfast spread, with Paul already chowing into his meal, head down and shoveling as much bacon into his mouth as he could. Eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes and waffles with 5 different kinds of syrup were on the table. Fruit juices, milk, coffee, muffins...they had tried to make today truly special for their youngest babies' first day as legal adults. Everyone laughed, ate, drank...and were merry. George looked around at his family, everyone busy either eating or talking happily to each other. It truly warmed his heart to see. Then he focused mainly on his twins. They couldn't be more different inside, at least from what he could tell usually, and yet he had never seen, read about, or heard about twins, or any siblings for that matter, that were quite like them with each other. From the day they were born, they were never apart if they could help it. There was probably an explanation in some academic corner of the world to explain them, but he was perfectly happy watching them grow up like this. And watch them he did throughout the morning, even as their school friends started to arrive for their all-day hang out party.

They had most of the same friends, even though their personalities were so different, with Jack being a quiet, soft, and sensitive boy, nothing like he had been growing up, and yet that had made him his 'favorite' kid. Somewhere deep in his heart, he liked to think that any and all goodness, kindness and beauty he had had within his genes, all funneled into Jack, leaving out the gruff, alpha-male bullshit. Stella seemed to get a lot of that instead. Stella could be sweet, and kind, but she kept it to herself mostly. She was cool, calculated, yet bold and confident...and yet the moment Jack was threatened in any way, she reacted like a bull elephant, physically or emotionally trampling any in her path. Sometimes he wondered to himself if the tables were ever turned, and Stella needed the saving...what would Jackson do? He hoped he'd never find out, and he was confident that he never would. Stella could take care of herself.

Watching them though, he thought to himself, it was kind of like watching the nature channel. Even in this simple social situation, they almost...moved in sync. They might not even realize it most of the time, but they seemed to always make sure that one was never too far out of eye or ear shot of the other. Jack would find a friend of his out near the pool, and within minutes, Stella would be found a stone's throw away, finding one of her friends who was in a good position for her to, subconsciously, monitor Jack. He wasn't sure if he'd ever noticed it before, because it was so subtle. They didn't even seem to be aware of it, it looked so instinctive. Jack would follow his friends into the pool, and not 5 minutes later, Stella had talked her friends into throwing their t shirts on the lounge chairs and were in the pool too. She didn't even look over at him a whole lot. Sure, every so often they would look over at each other and smile, but they'd always been like that. Best friends are like that.

"Hey Sweet pea...you ever noticed how Jack and Stel are always...near each other?" he asked his wife, tentatively, as she was busy setting out plastic cutlery on the counter.

"Honestly George, they are 18 years old today, and you pick now to notice they are close?" she tisked.

He laughed out loud at this. "No babe, I mean...they even...move together...like they are a...2-wolf pack or something...it's really interesting actually." He mused, more to himself than to anyone else.

"George! Don't just lean there and stare at them their whole party! How are they supposed to feel comfortable and free to have fun with their friends if we're just gonna be in here, spying and rubber-necking the whole day?"

"Yeah...you're right honey...sorry. I'll go finish getting ready and we will head out and leave them to it." he said, as she quickly trailed behind him, towards the stairs.

"I still don't like the idea of just leaving a bunch of eighteen year olds to their own devices all evening..." he mused.

"Now honey, you know that Paul will be here the whole time..." she placated.

"That isn't saying much baby...he isn't even a handful of years older than the rest of 'em." He answered.

"Honey, he is a very responsible twenty-one-year-old...And a cop now to boot! You got your way! You got one of them to follow yo-"

"Oh Hush! I never tried to make any of them follow after me, Martha. You know that. He's wanted to be one since he was six!" He snapped back at her, annoyed at the implication.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart," Martha cooed, rubbing his back as they walked up the stairs. "I only meant that all these kids are gonna be in good hands, that's all."

They freshened up, grabbed their keys, and were out the door to a hopefully relaxing evening, just the two of them.

Once he heard his parents leave, Paul shuffled down the stairs, through the house and out onto the back porch, taking a seat in the shade, where he could both enjoy his book and see most of the grounds and pool area. He didn't want to intrude, and he wasn't the sort of older brother to crack down on the kids, watching them like a hawk or anything. "You're not there to ruin all their fun Paul! You understand me? Just keep an eye on them, especially the twins, and make sure everyone is safe," His mother had commanded him, the night prior.

"And watch Jackson!" his father chimed in. "I know it hasn't happened to him in a while, at least around the neighborhood, but if you see any of the bigger guys getting on his case at all, you step in...BEFORE Stella!" he added, his eyes narrowed and deadly serious. "It's his birthday, and you're his older brother. Maybe if he sees you there with him, he'll pluck up the nerve to finally stand up for himself."

"George..." Martha spat, cutting daggers at him.

"I'm not harping on him, sweet pea honest. I know how sweet he is." He assured her, and he truly meant it. He didn't want to change a hair on his head. "But this world can be cruel, and it takes full advantage of people like Jackson. I just don't want him to get hurt."

"Dad, I promise he will be fine. They all will. I'll keep an eye on him, and if something like that happens, I'll be there." Paul assured them.

"You'd better!" George said, pushing his finger into Paul's chest. "We-"

"... 'protect each other, no matter what'...yeah I know Dad, trust me. Everything will be fine." Paul said, closing the discussion.

Everyone seemed to be having a good time. About 3 dozen kids were there, from either the twin's school or from the neighborhood, having a fun summer party. Some swam, some sat in the hot-tub, some had even paired off and were talking, holding hands, making out...most were thoroughly enjoying themselves. Attention began to draw to a pair of kids, a boy and girl, who were not having a good time. Paul, as well as the twins and whomever they were hanging out with all turned their heads to the commotion coming from the lawn.

"...I don't know what you expected, coming here today. We broke up like...a week ago," a tall, thin blonde in a swim suit said to a rather beefy-looking young man.

"Yeah but...you never even gave me a reason. I mean, what the fuck happened? We've been together since sophomore year. What did I do?" he pleaded, which he didn't seem particularly practiced at.

"you didn't do anything, Tyler. It's just...look, people are looking at us...can we not do this now, please?"

Paul sat up and smiled. Not because he liked watching uncomfortable situations, or because he wanted to watch someone in pain, but because he knew exactly what came next. It was the classic trap, one that all teenage or young adult guys fell into at least once in their life, at least most did. Graduation happened, and she was probably going off to some school, and he was either not going and she wanted a clean break, or maybe they even got into the same school, but because she was about to 'embark upon a new life journey' or some shit, and she wanted to be free and single to meet someone else. In the end, it really didn't matter. It would play out the same, regardless. He had tried his hand to win her back, and she had refused. Now an audience was present, and he could react one of two ways: turn and hang his head in defeat, with his dignity intact and possibly give himself time to mend his 'broken heart' and find he was probably better off, or choose his ego, challenge her to explain herself in front of everyone, and he'd only get embarrassed and humiliated, only instead of it being a quiet affair, now everyone of his friends and hers would see, making him look like an ass. He chuckled because they always chose the second one...and it was always hilarious.

"No! I want to know, Brooke! I deserve to know why you threw us away!" he shouted.

"Tyler!" she hissed, getting red-faced with embarrassment.

"No! Tell me!" he said again.

"I don't want to be with you anymore, Tyler! Ok? I broke up with you because I'm leaving for Stanford, and I am over this! Sorry, but move on! It's Over!" she shouted, tears streaming down her face, and without another word, she ran off into the house, a handful of her girlfriends following close behind. A humiliated and crest-fallen Tyler looked around at mostly cocked eyebrows and silence. He then turned and walked past the pool, past both Jack and Stella with their friends, and slumped himself down on a chair secluded from the group.

They never learn, Paul mused to himself, chuckling and turning his attention to his siblings before he got back into his book. He checked Stella, who was back talking to her friends, then a couple groups of kids over to Jackson, who's full attention was towards Tyler all by himself. After a few seconds of watching Jackson turn the wheels in his head, he saw him start over towards Tyler. Don't bother bro, he's done nothing but call you a faggot your whole life, he thought, images of Tyler, the neighbor boy, constantly picking on and making fun of Jackson running through Paul's head.

But Jackson couldn't help himself. He hated seeing anyone hurt or in trouble, no matter who they were. Paul's eyes weren't the only ones watching Jackson heading over, however. Once he'd started weaving through people to get over to him, Stella had him in her sights. Paul caught this, and although he'd promised his parents he would intercede if necessary, he was intrigued as to how this was all going to pan out. He turned his head to Stella, who was fixing a very intense gaze at Jackson, especially once he reached Tyler sitting in his seat, and even though she was smooth about it, she was immediately moving, finding a spot not too close to be noticed, but close enough to see and hear what was going on. She took a seat a table away, next to some friends, smiled at them, asked a question, and then trained her eyes straight past them, watching. This is gonna be interesting, he smiled to himself.

"Hey Tyler..." Jackson said softly, a look of concern in his face, as he approached.

"Fuck off, fag!" Tyler snapped, turning his head away. Tears started to form in Jackson's eyes, but he stood a little taller than before. Stella however, had quickly grabbed an opened glass bottle of root beer and poured it out, then rotated it upside down in her hand, gripping it by the neck, lightly tapping it against the table, ready to break the bottom off. Paul caught it, and quickly stood up, walking to the railing of the porch, ready for what might happen.

"I just came over to say how sorry I was. I came over because I thought maybe you might need someone to listen or something, but never mind. I can see you just wanna be an asshole," he said defiantly, through his misted eyes. At this, Tyler, the kid who had probably been the meanest to Jackson in the neighborhood, just turned to look in Jackson's eyes, his own full of tears.

"I'm sorry man...I didn't mean that. I just don't know what went wrong..." he croaked, ducking his head back down, fighting back his tears. Jackson started shedding tears of his own, not from Tyler's harsh words, but because he could see how much he loved his now ex-girlfriend, and he put himself in his shoes, how he might feel...something Jack couldn't ever seem to stop himself from doing. He took a seat in the chair right next to Tyler, put his hand on his shoulder, and just whispered, "I'm sorry Tyler."

"Thanks man." Tyler whispered back, and he then started recounting how confused he'd been, how much he thought they loved each other, all the plans they'd made...everything from the last 3 years. He had planned on them living together, getting married, traveling, the 'whole nine'. Young love is like that; fast, fleeting, intense, and ultimately too short...and it probably always would be.

Paul, his heartstrings tugged from watching his brother be himself, sat down again and dug into his book. Stella had to get up, excusing herself from her friends to get herself a water. She had to leave suddenly, mostly because her eyes had started pooling right away at watching Jack...be Jack. He really was a miracle. She couldn't be any more in love with him, throughout her entire life, than she was at that moment. She wanted to run to him and throw her arms around him, kissing the life out of him, but she had to keep up the 'act'...until tonight. Tonight, they were going to start 'the rest of their lives'. They were gonna get real about how they felt. She was going to finally say those three words, and then she was going give all of herself to him, and moreover, she was going to take everything he was, everything she loved, everything she wanted. He was going to belong to her, she would possess him...she was going to take what was hers. We'll make love, then make our plan...no matter what it is. I'll leave this house, this town, this family, my inheritance, everything. I'll have Jackson, and no other. Nothing else matters, she thought to herself as she grabbed her drink, and chugged it down in seconds.

"Why do you look like your about to invade Belgium?" her friend, Kara, asked her, chuckling and referring to her intense gaze and squared jaw.

Stella was brought out of her mental reverie to look at her short, thin, brown-haired friend.

"Oh...I uh...I was thinking...about someone." She answered, immediately regretting this sudden urge to open up to someone.

"What?! Who?" she squealed, looking in Stella's face for clues.

"Someone...secret. We've been together for a couple years" she half-lied.

"...and you're just waiting to tell your best friend this now?!" she asked incredulously.

"It's...complicated Kara. We've had to keep it from everyone...our families, our friends..." she trailed off.

"Why though?" Kara asked, confused. "Do your parents not get along or something? Is he like a Muslim or...wait...is it a she? I knew it! I freaking knew it!" she almost shouted, the excitement of possible vindication overwhelming her into a fit of giggles.

"SHHH...calm down...and No! I am not a freaking lesbian, I already told you that!" she scolded.