Flapper Dick Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
237 Followers

"It was part of school honestly, it is a good book so nobody complained. I've read it again since, I mean radio is a rather newfangled thing too so it was work, cooking a meal, getting nookie, or reading while awake."

Everybody is nodding and then more folk are in. Also have folk sitting so I should go be an actual waitress. Give Fred a kiss then go be a waitress while the band is setting up. Course then they are starting up the music, and first thing is a song. It's a good song and funny, I mean it's about not having bananas.

Not really something you think would be funny since those are here when there isn't much else in the way of fruits. Still it is a funny song and Portia points at me so I am doing it. She does the refrain so that is rather good. We get through that and the next music is another song so I point at Portia so she sings and I do refrain, while we are going to tables.

Keep doing it too so Portia and I are trading on who is the one singing most of the song. Until finally I simply go over to the band and poke at a few of them. Gets the wigglers to laugh, I am happy since they stop with songs for a while. At least until Simon has the idea of doing musical chairs when they are going to take a break.

Which isn't really a set music for or anything, but I am elected to do the talking part. Glare some at that then we are doing the musical chairs bit and folk are dashing for chairs, or trying to find a skirt. Which is rather good fun, and also means the band doesn't have a table, no chairs either. So I go into the office and poke at Simon some, then help the band get drinks since they sat on the little stage.

Do musical chairs two more times that night, and it seems to be a rather grand thing for everyone. Besides the band anyway since the stage doesn't have cushions. Also be a little while before we can get more tables and chairs. Which is a darn, because there's no place for me to sit either, except on a fellas lap.

All in all it is a really good night though, and then Hayseed doesn't have a jalopy so he is taking the train. Bad but also not since the trains are safe enough a skirt can get on alone and even fall asleep. I have done that a few times, the fellas just leave a skirt alone on the train. Mostly since there tend to be more skirts on the train, and they would complain for a sleeping skirt.

Fellas would do what the skirts say since they get on the good side and may get nookie out of it. Not to mention also in the teaching to treat others the way you want to be treated. Not that fellas tend to follow that one much. Unless they want their backside grabbed and pinched hard. For all I know they do since so many do.

"Hey we are at the diner, are we eating or just going in and asking?" Ponder that one, there is a good sized grouping in there.

"I think let's go in and ask the fella at register. There may be an empty booth but I think we will get counter if we eat. I could but also not a real desire."

Fred nods then is getting out of the jalopy so I follow suit. Also make sure the pistol is in there and turn off the safety. If I need to pull it will be a fast pull and shoot, I'm not good enough with the pistol to do that with the safety on. Then into the diner and over to the register, fella is looking a little confused.

"We are a couple of dicks looking into the shot fella in the alley right there four days ago. We know his name was Paul and are wondering on the shooter. He is about six foot, average build, big nose, blue eyes, and brown hair. Hopefully you know his name." Fella gulps then shakes his head.

"I wasn't in that day, but do know a Paul who would come in semi regular with a small group. Not been around since about then, I fell ill, hospital even so I haven't been in for five days. May be the same Paul."

"Perhaps helpful, do you know his last name?" Fella shakes his head and points to a group at the back of the diner.

"Those are the fellas he comes in with, little extra today but then if Paul is shot down." Fred and I follow the point and nod.

"Thanks you have been helpful and then hopefully not the Paul you know."

Fella is nodding but we are heading for the group at the last stall. Whole diner is looking at us since we didn't whisper and sound travels good so they likely know what we talked about. Course the group at the last stall definitely know or figure on being made as a crew or something since halfway to them two dive out of the booth and about all sprout guns.

I get shoved to the side while I am yanking out my pistol so bounce half into the booth there as the crew shoots. I pop up over the booth walls and shoot back, even shoot two. First shot is at a fella in the booth looking over and aiming on Fred. Second is one of the fellas that dove out of the booth, they have revolvers.

Both of us are shooting at them and there is shooting back. Luckily the booths emptied downward. As in the fellas in here already are eating floor by sliding under the tables. Fred grunts so I am worried about him, but when I look he is simply leaping over the counter. Since he is safe enough I pay attention to the fellas.

Since both out of the booth are shot and look dead I focus on the booth fellas. Shoot another then two more pop up to shoot back so I am ducking then one is sticking out the side to shoot. Luckily it is easy enough to shoot him so do. I think Fred does too, and I hear sirens which is a good turn. I'm unsure on being able to take all of them and not really wanting to anyway.

We just wanted to ask on the shooter, with his name we are more or less done with the case. At least in theory, but these fellas just up and opened fire on us. Then I am moving, they are shooting at the booth wall and not paying attention so scoot down low. Get a shot on a fella so shoot and he falls against the window that doesn't look to be doing good.

Another shot from Fred I think then a fella is standing tall going on about giving up. Scoot low until I am looking over the booth and the fellas in here are not moving, most have open eyes. Two have closed eyes and then the one standing up hands high.

"If you got a phone call up and ask for ambulances, at least two shot are alive and no telling on the rest of the fellas." I yell out as I motion the one gave up out.

"We are all fine." Fella says in the booth next to where I am, then the rest sound off.

"If it's all the same, I would stay here so I don't walk on anybody." Our prisoner says during the sounding off so I am nodding, sort of a good notion.

"Sits Jake with me, not sure who all is dead or simply hurt and being walked on has to hurt. I am wondering on why you shot at us, we only wanted to ask if you knew a Paul that isn't around for four days and then if you know a six foot fella with a big nose and blue eyes." Prisoner fella snorts then points to one of the opened eye fellas.

"Him right there."

Bulls are coming in finally, one actually but still there should be more soon and he is pointing his revolver at me. Also coming closer so back away and stand tall then put pistol in left hand and pull out license.

"Dick, and court appointed, we are investigating the shot fella found in the alley there four days ago. According to the fella hands high the shooter is right there and think offed. They shot first." Bull snorts then comes over to look over license quick.

"I thought there were two of you." I am nodding then look behind counter to see Fred sitting there holding his shoulder.

"Fred, faster over the counter next time." Bull looks too and snorts.

"Ambulance been called for?" Fella with Fred nods.

"I just said a bunch, at least four, and then hope it is enough to the hospital. I had the nurse laughing but did say they are on the way."

"Miss since you are not shot help me watch over them and then fill me in on why there was a shootout." Nod and switch hands on the pistol so I am actually using it and watch the booth.

"We talked to the fella with Fred first asking if the fella knows a Paul that has not been around much for four days since the shot fella in alley is named Paul. He knows a Paul that comes in regular so pointed at this booth since the fellas with Paul are there. So we come this way to ask if they know Paul and a six foot fella with a big nose and blue eyes. Halfway to the booth two dive out and all are pulling revolvers so I am shoved into a booth and they are shooting. So we return bullets."

"I'm thinking you found your shooter, ask on why they shot?"

"Yeah, I asked him since he is not passed out or bumped off, he pointed to a bumped off fella. No other reason on why shooting at us. Also suppose I should ask who the fence named Simon is, full name or an address would be good, John is after the thieves who took jewelry some eight days ago now I think." Prisoner gets big eyes for a moment.

"That is these guys, I only just came on with." Look at the bull and he is grinning.

"This is a nice turn, been a brash of capers for near on a month, here and north side."

"We need to empty their pockets then, get their addresses and anything else good they got on them." Bull is nodding, then shakes his head.

"Waiting on a detective, way it works, detectives can do things like that with this, I'm a patrol so all I do is pinch or otherwise stop fights and such."

"I am watching them, go use the phone." Bull shakes his head then another one comes in, this one looks around and goes to the phone.

Once he has finished with the phone over to us he comes. Also pushes my pistol down so stuff it away and pull out my license. While he is looking that over I pull out the hope chest and get one going. Fred makes a noise so roll my eyes and climb over the counter to give him that one and make another.

Also hand one to the register fella who lights up. The rest of the fellas that had come in to eat do the same. Mostly on account of had asked and been told they are staying for a bit. They want to get a statement out of everyone, though suppose Fred is getting in an ambulance.

"Fred are you alright?" Fred snorts and shakes his head.

"Not really and yes. I got shot in the shoulder, and you are right I was a dunce. Should have hopped the counter right off." Fella over here with us chuckles.

"I didn't drop right away, and I did get in the war, last six months." Fred snorts and looks at the fella, I look to.

"I guess I'm the lucky one, didn't go on account of didn't want to be a war nurse and then little point with them newfangled tanks."

"Some of them was marvels of engineering, rest were closer to a really bad idea. I was a tanker, manned a machine gun and got stationed with some of the other tankers. We compared notes and honest some of those I wouldn't go near unless I am walking next to it." Fred snorts.

"First time I seen a tank it went over the trench I was in and we followed it, and three others."

"If you three could talk of something else, some of us are not old enough to have gone." The first bull says getting Fred and the tanker to chuckle.

"I think we found one that is jealous of us gone and seen hell." Tanker says getting Fred to snort and shake his head.

"I was eager to go, until got there and found out how bad it is. I'm jealous of Betty being able to say no and then the younger fellas." I am nodding to that.

"If I was able to get goofy I'd be poking away at you for the manacles. Not just those that gone to war are messed up."

"Miss don't be stopping there, why are you not able to get goofy?" Look over at the second bull, he is perhaps twenty three or four so closer to our ages.

"My folks died in a bus accident, whole two months into the war, that was in Europe only then. I had been hearing tell on the war, there was reports in the newspapers. So then all of a sudden I am having to find work with almost the world at war. They called it a great war but to me it was a horrible thing being done to fellas, most were still working on getting a skirt or had one and went off since it is a war and they are needed to protect their families. On my end I am forced to take care of myself with little pay, and little food due to rations." Everybody is nodding, they all remember the rationing.

"Speaking of that, did any of your neighbors go?" Shake my head and wink at Fred.

"They had three daughters before the first son. Us skirts they only asked if we would, and mostly they would be asking if she can sew first. I asked on that part, they want skirts who can sew so they can sew up wounds on a fella if there isn't a doctor handy."

Diner door opens again and there is a fella in a suit. He waves at us but then goes on by to the bulls. He talks to them for a little while then waves me over so climb over the counter, not precisely easy in a skirt. Get over to him then I am helping pull out the fellas so the prisoner can get out. First fella is easy enough, he simply flops around.

That fella is simply dropped, flopped around and open eyes he is singing with the angels. Detective snorts when I say that. Next fella though groans when we pull him out, so he is pulled over to a good spot for the ambulances. Not sure when they will get here. Prisoner can get out now and he is pinched, all proper even since bracelets go on and he is taken out to a police car.

"So now what?"

"We wait on the ambulance, at least one more in there is still alive. Good shooting on your part." Sigh and look down.

"Honestly at this point I almost want to demand medicinal, though last time it was rather foul."

"Yeah, not all of us have access to a doctor that can get the good stuff, at least it is always distilled and not rotgut." Sigh and shake my head, I'd contest the not rotgut part but have tried that too.

"I don't miss the rotgut."

"According to the word you don't miss much, always finding the good spots to go."

"Much of the time I am told of other speakeasies, and I will go once. Never been down to the train yards though."

"They didn't advertise much, seems like it was only for those visiting and the ones living down there. Good idea but also bad on account of sectioned off the colored asides at the bar. According to reports that was the reason for fights."

"I would believe so, fellas full of drink can be mean."

Detective nods then ambulances show up finally and we get a few fellas come in. Get the fella we already pulled out of the booth on a gurney then we go through his pockets. Find a wallet and then a set of keys so note is made of this then the gurney is ushered out. Next fella we have to pull out of the booth and I do help in that.

Mostly because the other ambulance fella has to hold the gurney there and steady. Not precisely a good thing but I can manage to do this stuff. That gurney is taken out then one of the fellas is going through those still in the booth and laying on floor. Lot of shaken heads so I guess Fred was right, a Colt will drop a fella right there, which is good and not since I am not happy with offing fellas.

Get set on a stool while the pockets are gone through on those left. Then Fred is leaving, not a gurney but he is leaving in the ambulance. I want to go with but the detective promises to get me over to Fred once we are done here. So we have two wallets and two sets of keys, though one of those is for a hotel.

Suppose means at least some of these were staying in a hotel. Detective is going through the pockets of those left over. He finds three more keys for a hotel, and then one more set of keys. Suggests two houses, and then two jalopies. Detective is done for now, so comes over and twists me on the stool and I have a malted, that is taken up fast since that may help.

"Sure you don't need some medicinal?" Shake my head then look over at the detective.

"I'm alright, mostly. I am worried on Fred, but not much on account of he walked to the ambulance, can't be that bad."

"I wouldn't think so, but didn't get a report either. Will find out when we get to the hospital." Reminds me of one thing.

"Are we going all the way up in north side?"

"No, that is looked at as the best hospital but shooting victims are usually taken to the closest, it's eight miles. I think I know why you don't like north side, and I don't blame you that was a bad case all the way around." Nod and then remember the hotel so I better ask on that.

"Speaking of that, where is the hotel?"

"That is the odd part, it is north side, but in among the tall buildings. Two of the big ones are hotels, supposed to be the best in town, and then not precisely affordable."

"If the hotel is way up there, why are they down here?" Detective sighs now so I think this will be bad.

"Jewelry capers have been mostly in south side. Despite the idea we are all poor down here there are jewelers and a few of the big houses."

"We had sort of gotten in on one of the investigations of those with John. He will want to get in on the hotel raid." Detective is nodding and grins.

"Soon as we are done here over to the station to get him then can drop you at hospital if you insist, otherwise we go visit a hotel." Ponder that then frown.

"One thing, will Fred get surgery and be passed out most of the day?"

"I think so, he should be able to drive but I wouldn't expect he would be up to much else for a while."

"Will ask the doctor, but perhaps I should learn to drive while he is laid out."

"I wouldn't expect him to stay in there, limited beds so injuries such as his will get booted soon after going in. Day or two I would think, at least taxis are easy to find."

"Will have to ask the neighbors, there are two jalopies on our street when we are leaving to work besides our neighbor. He has early shift so would have left about when we got here if not before the first bull showed."

"How do they manage to have the meal things?" I grin since I had asked.

"I asked, he drives her to the store, the closest grocery is seven miles. We are not near the train so he has to drive her around, so when getting low, they eat dinner then go to grocery. I think instead of nookie since he doesn't always have the energy, her words." Detective snorts and shakes his head as the second bull sits next to me.

"All of the witnesses had the same tale on this shootout. Same one she told so our dick is not in trouble. Coroner should be here soon and can I let them go?" Detective nods so the bull gets up and there is cheering behind us.

"I hope they are not getting a dock in pay." Detective snorts and shakes his head.

"They will go in with thrilling tales of a shoot out so their bosses will simply ask for details. Lot of us fellas are a little bad about that sort of thing." Sigh and shake my head.

"I'm just as, we get the dick magazine and I read it first. Partly because it gives us ideas on things we should or shouldn't do. Mostly because they are thrilling."

"Should look at the other magazines, some of them are what my priest calls damning. I happen to like one called Chilling Tales. It has horror stories, lot of those are rather thrilling."

"If you don't have a Father, what religion are you?"

"Protestant, please don't denounce me." I am giggling pretty good on that.

"I can't be doing that, I'd get tossed first, skirt who enjoys nookie, and then I don't want to get manacles."

"Really, you enjoying nookie is wrong?"

"Yeah, catholic it's nothing on her enjoying, it's he enjoys and floods me with his... I forgot the term, it was an odd one I remember that. Father doesn't talk to me on that one, I go in and confess my sins, and ride him."

"Making me want to be a catholic priest."

"I'm not the only one either, if I am coming in to give him nookie I have to on Tuesday."

"He must look forward to Sunday, can take a break from the nookie." Snort and shake my head.

"Never complains on that, honest the first time I offered myself for it he was unsure. I mean I had only just gotten any and he had known me since I was twelve. Our first big discussion was on if I should hold off on nookie until I can't wait then hand it over whenever I wanted." Fella behind the counter settles down across from us and is grinning.

emap
emap
237 Followers
1...345678