Flapper Dick Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Not to mention the paintings, there are paintings all over the place. All of them are nice and a few of those I am fairly sure are expensive paintings. Miss is sitting at one of the sofas listening to the radio. Butler tries to take my coat but I got the folders in that so I hang on to it, do take the cover off my hat though.

Since she is into the show John and I just sit on a sofa and listen to the radio. I find it is a rather interesting show, Audrey likely has been listening to this one. Much to do on what the family members are doing, along with the trials and tribulations. Then a commercial break comes on and she is checking her watch.

"Only another five minutes but these are when they toss in the big shocks that are explained tomorrow. I will take the commercial break to ask if you are here to tell me you are charging my son." I am shaking my head getting her to look at me, and her jaw drops.

"I am a court appointed dick. We are actually here to question your staff and see if they let in someone that perhaps tried to pilfer your jewelry or one of your staff taking offense with your family and pulling a prank." John is looking at me now, then grins and nods.

"I am shocked on you are in a suit, and then out and about in your condition." Sigh and shrug.

"Fred doesn't make enough to support me and a baby, so we have a nanny and once I have baby in hand I only plan on leaving the house two or three times a week. I am worried about me not being around every day like Mom was for me."

She would ask another question but the break ends and she was right, it is a sort of whirlwind ending of the show. I am grinning since there are two pronouncements of knocked up to the same fella who is married to a third skirt. I miss the rest of it from trying to figure out how a fella can give nookie to three different skirts and nobody notices.

"That show is a little like a sordid romance, if said romance was five to six books happening at the same time. I really must ask more on you, you are a knocked up court appointed?" I am nodding and grin.

"I wasn't knocked up when we got appointed. Just immediately after the first case they gave us as court appointed Fred couldn't get above me so we had to get creative. Said creative meant I was in the right position for him to get me at the right time." She frowns for a moment then grins.

"I see, you got on your hands and knees."

"Precisely, I was his horse and almost all I can do with him now, I had to move in with a fella that was a bull and works as a bimbo so he has weights in the basement. Added in a dark room so we can take pictures, so far that is only of our nanny in the clothes for the store."

"The one selling suits for skirts?" I am nodding and wink.

"More than just that, we have a satin ballgown, and a satin line of dresses, glad rags but they are very nice and most are not too risque for a skirt that isn't a flapper."

"Satin panties. Skirts are buying those to wear under their dress." John says getting me to nod.

"I tried that out yesterday, and it's nice, though I am far enough along to need to go faster so I am forgoing the enjoyment." She is giggling now.

"I remember being like that, I only had to go often and fast in the last weeks. You do need to more often before then so you are in that stage. What is the wedding night finery?"

"That is uncouth attire you wear for your husband in bedroom. Most of it covers you some to all, but all of the pieces make you nicer looking and the fellas tend to rise to attention while you wear it."

"That sounds nice, perhaps I will go look it over later on. What did you mean perhaps a member of our staff took offense on the family and pulled a prank?" I sigh since she may not take this good.

"What I mean is your latest hire maid is having nookie with your son. If he is not returning the affection good enough to her it is possible she grabbed your jewelry and stuck in his room as a prank." Her hands goes up to her mouth and stays there for a little while, then she is grinning.

"What we hired her for. Marcus is not going out and about to meet skirts, he is instead going to poker tournaments and horse racing." My jaw has dropped since I am shocked on hired her to have nookie with her son, John recovers first.

"Did you tell her that?" She snorts and shakes her head.

"My husband talked to her, he said he told her that if our son makes advances she is welcome to partake of what he is offering." I snort and then I am giggling since that is a rather good way to put it.

"I'm wondering if perhaps your husband put it in more of an upfront manner. Also not sure it matters unless he had told her she is hired to give nookie to your son." She tosses her hands.

"I know my Montgomery and he would not, he is only after me for things like that."

"According to your butler she is quite shapely so I would imagine better looking than I was." John snorts next to me so elbow him. "I am curious on one thing, why is your jewelry held in a safe not in your bedroom?"

"Mostly because there is not a safe in the bedroom we have. We have another mansion, it is a bigger yard so I like it better, but we haven't retired yet. Montgomery's view on it, I mostly just ask when. I mean with Marcus running the business we can enjoy being married." I snort since I got an idea on what she means.

"I would complain about the same thing except we have a shower and we shower together so nookie showers." She is grinning now.

"I will have to make him get a plumber and get showers put in." John snorts with me this time.

"Before this conversation, interesting as it is, continues I think we should move to a different room and question your staff." She snorts and shakes her head.

"No, I want to hear this, and then I can assure on not firing her for giving nookie to my son. Even if that is all that happens, though I may beg her to get on her hands and knees at a later date." I am giggling pretty good now, John just rolls his eyes.

"If you can summon your butler, he can fetch your maids one at a time." She is nodding and leans over to take up a hand bell that she shakes once.

"Apologies Miss, was in the kitchen helping with the crystal bowls." Butler says when he comes in after not all that long.

"It is alright, they wish to question the maids one at a time. I think let us start with the newest."

"Yes Miss, right away." He turns to go and I remember one thing so speak up.

"Do have one question for you, was there a guest in the house for one of the staff on the day the jewelry was moved?" Butler looks up for a moment then shakes his head.

"No Ma'am. Of an evening we are given a lift to a speakeasy for enjoyment of our own when wish." That is rather nice of their bosses, then a thought comes and best get it out of the way before the maids are here.

"There is one thing that just came to me, who knows the combination to your safe?'

"Montgomery knows it, he unlocks when we are to go out so I can get dressed with jewelry. Before you ask on the night in question we were going to go to a restaurant so he had unlocked, but early on that so the safe was unlocked for an hour or so before I asked for the jewelry."

I would ask why she doesn't just go and get what she wants or make her husband, but a maid comes in. The uniform is rather nice, the skirt part is a little short so you see her knees. Rest of it though isn't roomy so you can tell she has large bubs and then apparently wide hips. She seems to expand below her waist at least.

Also what one would call attractive, and then a redhead. Makes her a not often seen skirt, with plenty of bubs and wide hips when she tries she has to have fellas begging for nookie. She comes into the room and then moves to stand in front of her boss, and us. Also frowning so she must think she is in trouble.

"Fiona don't worry, we had hoped you would spark interest in Marcus." Miss says first getting her to turn red.

"I'm not sure he has more interest than just getting above me and I think maybe I do." There is a pause so I talk into that before this goes someplace besides where we want it to.

"Something you should talk to him over, you were asked in here to answer questions on the jewelry. Just have one, did you take the jewelry and put it in Marcus' room?" She looks at me and shakes her head, then nods.

"I didn't take the jewelry, but did find it in my room. Was before the officers were here so I could move it, but before I could put it back in the safe there was the yelling about it. Marcus had asked me what the fuss was over so I showed him." I am frowning now and look at John who is frowning too, then he snorts.

"Little odd on not told the detective assigned about that, but then again he would know he wouldn't be going to court. Also means she isn't fired or arrested for attempted burglary. I have the feeling this was one of the other maids trying to get this one fired since she is giving nookie to Marcus." I am nodding after a moment since that makes sense.

"I can see that, a maid getting knocked up from a member of the family is sordid." Miss groans and looks up for a moment.

"Abigail, she was hired on when Montgomery was ten. Knows all of the secrets and determined they stay secrets." Hand bell is picked up again then a single bell sounds out, butler is in the room in an instant.

"Yes Miss?"

"Fetch Abigail please."

Butler nods and exits fast, on my end wondering how he knows where everyone is and stays near her. After not that long an older skirt comes in wearing the same uniform. I have to admit Abigail looks good for having some gray in her hair. Not as shapely as Fiona but definitely would get enough attention from fellas when she tries.

"Abigail did you move the jewelry?" Abigail turns red and points at Fiona.

"Fiona did that Miss." Fiona tosses up her hands.

"I moved them out of my room, the yelling started before I got them back to the safe and Marcus had asked what the fuss was so gave him the jewelry." Abigail turns red and looks about to yell something back, except Miss is laughing so both look at her.

"Abigail we hired on Fiona hoping she would get Marcus' interest. I mean he is twenty two and nobody on his arm. Do wish you had shared he had taken that much of an interest in her." Abigail turns red and looks down.

"It is normal for the fellas of the family to take dalliance with the staff. Fiona was hoping for he likes her so she can stay with him." Fiona squeaks and turns red.

"I meant stay working here, the house is so lovely and then he is a delight." John is chuckling next to me, though I am thinking we have the jewelry part squared so whistle.

"I enjoyed the radio drama and we are sort of seeing it, I would rather go back to the matter of the jewelry. Abigail you did move the jewelry, misguided but admirable attempt to protect your boss?" Abigail is nodding so elbow John.

"Yes, sorry it was entertaining discussion and much nicer than we usually deal with. I do believe we have squared this, your jewelry was not taken in an attempt at robbery. So you can call up the station and get your son released. Much as I'd like to stay and watch it's probably best if the rest of this happens behind closed doors." Miss is giggling but does nod.

"Absolutely and thank you for taking time out of your days."

Hand bell is rung again and we have the butler come back in. He leads us out, and is grinning so he had to have heard the whole thing. Outside we find it is raining, not hard but more than a drizzle. Luckily the door had been opened and we got to look out. So I get my coat on and the hat covered before we go out in it.

John for his part just watches me get covered and rolls his eyes. Then we are going outside and walk across to my breezer. I get to drive this time so that is sort of nice. I'm not precisely happy driving in rain. Most jalopies don't react good to wet roads, and fellas drive faster than I want when it is dry.

Get the engine started then have to pull the folders out of my coat so John can see the address for the work. Then he is guiding so I can watch traffic, and ponder the family we just left.

"There is one thing bothering me, why is there only the one son?" John snorts and shakes his head.

"Protestant family, there is a cathedral close to that mansion for the Catholic staff. Besides that part, it is not unknown for good Catholic families to only have one child. Your neighbor only had one, and then Fred was an only child."

"I was an only kid too, but still it's not normal." John snorts.

"It's something in the water here." That gets me to giggle.

"Doubtful, but there is a question on your case, what do we do if the son was off on a trip?"

"If he was off on a trip and is now home the station would have been called. If he is still out then he doesn't know, the murder hasn't been announced yet."

"I figured on that part, I meant more in what do we do? I mean if the son didn't off him then likely the fella was offed during a robbery and we need to go looking for gangs close to the crime scene." John sighs and looks around the breezer then grins.

"Good we have your breezer then."

"You will go talk to the gang to buy something. I did that yesterday." John snorts but does nod when I look at him stopped at a light.

"Yeah I saw the article in the newspaper."

No more talking the additional miles to get to the right building. It is a nice building, in the fact that it looks sturdy and it's not covered in dirt or anything. Basically means the building has been here for a while, it's rather drab on the outside. Inside we go over to the secretary there and would explain what we are doing but I need to ask for the bathroom.

She is grinning but does point so I am heading that way. Not a dash, at least not yet, but I do need to go. Exiting the bathroom I find John standing there so put my arm in his and we are heading for the elevator. Up we go three floors and then off to make our way through hallways. Mostly because of a turn then we are at an office door so knocking and then going inside.

I am a little lost on what we are doing so just look around. It is a nice office, couple paintings on the wall. There is a sofa tucked off to the side next to a small bookshelf. I am sure the sofa is used to sleep for the long night occasions. There is an older fella watching as I get taken to one of the visitor chairs and sit.

"I'm starting to think you best be just staying at home until baby in hand." John says getting me to turn red, I had sighed when I sat.

"It's not that bad yet. Mostly it was all the walking we had to do to find this office, and then you are not sharing why you are here." John snorts and pulls out his badge.

"Police detective, I am investigating a murder of the father of one of your direct employees. He was not at the house so he is suspected of being behind it, but then perhaps he is out of town too." The fella has frowned so I think he is not happy with this.

"I think before anything else I better ask after the name of the fella in question." John shares that and the fella slumps. "Blast that is not good, he is a darn good employee. Also has been out of town, he went to assess one of our policy holders. They had called in to file a claim." John is nodding and writing in his notebook then looks up.

"There is one question, when did he leave on said assessing trip?"

"Monday morning, he drove in to the office to make sure everything was all set and still needed to be done, the policy holder had called on Saturday. Then he left to go on the assess, we are expecting him back any time today or tomorrow. Likely he would come to the office first, but possible he would go home, depends greatly on when during the day he manages to get back." Good information though there is one thing I want to ask about.

"How far is the drive?" Fella starts and looks up for a moment.

"I would figure on about eight hours, it's not all the way across the state but a goodly way toward it. Course this is assuming his jalopy didn't run into problems in the way there or back, not all farmers have a telephone and sometimes getting one to drive you to the local town for one takes all day. I will say that there has not been a call from him to explain on a delay and so far no calls to state that he has died in an accident."

"Policy holder hasn't asked where he is?" Fella shakes his head.

"No we have not had that call. As far as we know he got there fine did his assessment and then stayed there for the night. To reduce risk to our employees we tell them to stop for the night whenever possible. Better to have the information a day later than not get it at all." I am nodding since that is a good plan on it.

"Why hasn't he called to give a report?"

"We don't do that, the assessor goes out and looks over the damage and notes what can be repaired and what can't, then comes back to figure on the cost of the repairs and replacement. Two or three days after an assessment is made our policy holders receive a check. They are also told on what can be repaired and what can't, though most of them already know anyway."

"Good system and suppose makes for all of the information we needed from you. I will mention before we leave that if the fella comes in here first that you tell him and call the south side station. Do need to know when he is here so we can ask him questions if we are not finding a likely perpetrator later today."

Fella is nodding as we make our exit, then all the way out and John takes my keys back. Still raining so I am not arguing with him on it, I don't trust driving around in the rain.

"Why don't you like to be driving in the rain?" John asks as we are sliding around a little due to evasive driving to avoid an accident, so I am giggling.

"You mean having to avoid an accident isn't a big enough clue?"

"When you put it like that." John says chuckling.

Just continue on until we are driving slower, among houses and he is looking around. So I look with and no gang this street, or the next over I think. Then we are turning so I am looking out my side. Turn left at the next street and I don't see anyone on a porch before then. After the turn I do see a fella sitting on a porch.

Mention that and John nods but we don't park, just drive on by looking around at his suggestion. End of this street we turn and go down one street and turn left again so I am confused on what we are doing.

"Making it look like we are lost. Don't get out just sit in here and honk if you want. I am trying to find a washing machine part." I nod and then groan and shake my head.

"Not a washing machine part, that was in the article yesterday as to how I figured out that it is a gang needing to be raided." John groans too then looks down.

"I am wearing a belt, what else can I ask for?"

"Suspenders, older fellas mostly wear suspenders." John snorts and grins.

"That is a good one, do you mind me complaining about my knocked up impatient skirt?"

"Heck no, what got me the washing machine belt and told of drugs yesterday, and then the raid we got to happen before meeting Simon. Us skirts make good reasons for wanting drugs apparently." John is chuckling.

"Wait a minute and honk, just a fast toot. If there is shooting please come out and shoot fast."

"If you get my breezer shot you are buying me a new one."

John snorts then we are parking and he has stepped out. Check my watch then lean over to look out and see John getting up to the porch and talking to the fella there. Fella is then going inside, when he comes back holding a suspender I honk. Gets the fella to look over fast then is talking to John and I can see them chuckling.

Shortly after John has come back with the suspender so we are driving on. Also telling me an address so I am writing that down. Then we are driving to the station, so squeak when he parks us in the lot. John is chuckling as we get out and head inside and over to the sergeant, different from the last time.

1...456789