Flapper Dick Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Taking a break in between stops for lunch?" Sergeant asks as we get close to the desk so I groan while John chuckles.

"Not gone for lunch, suppose we will do that after this. Made headway on my case, the son of the offed fella is an assessor for an insurance company, he left Monday morning to do an assess. So we drove around in the neighborhood and found a gang house, bought a suspender since she used washing machine part yesterday and it was in the newspaper." Sergeant is nodding and grins.

"Also got upstairs to ask for a pin board and maps. When the why was explained we all thought it was a good idea and want to give an award to your office manager." Toss my hands.

"The idea came about from a conversation we had been having on why I can look at the police reports sent to County Attorney."

"He was the one that came up with the actual idea, what you said on the matter. So she has the address written down and then I was told of heroin and opium, I had complained about how tiring she is." Sergeant is chuckling and writing down on a sheet of paper, along with looking at my notebook so poke John.

"The only reason you are so tired is simply because you are an old bird, and then trying to starve this knocked up skirt." John tosses his hands while the sergeant is laughing.

"I got all this and can call in, though warrant will take a while, courthouse pauses everything at noon until one. Can have you the detective with the raid if you want." John looks at me and grins so groan, I think I know what he will say.

"I will take this knocked up skirt to lunch, when we come back we will both take part in the raid. You will sit in the truck don't worry." Doesn't sound so bad though there is one thing.

"If I won't be called on to shoot at them why am I coming?" John snorts and shakes his head.

"You are good at interviews and then being a court appointed you can offer up deals that I can't."

"Not really, I would have to ask my boss on the deals." Sergeant snorts and shakes his head.

"They don't know that, and you can say anything you want, if the lawyers do that it is their own decision." Frown because that is pretty darn underhanded.

"So if say we get one that did the offing he is looking into I can offer no other charges but the one murder?" Sergeant and John snort and nod.

"Good offer, less time to go for the murder than selling heroin and restricted drugs, along with stolen property. Just having heroin is illegal, selling it is a different offense and usually tacked on with having it because we mostly only find it on the gang members that are selling."

"So if I offer only going away on murder they see less time?"

"Yeah, all the things I just said is minimum eight years, max is twenty and generally it has been max time when there is not a deal offered. Getting a fella to confess to murder usually only means something like ten years."

"In other words fellas are looking to make deals?" John is nodding and shrugs.

"The judges look at it as if they won't deal give them the max time so they are off the streets longer and less chance of doing the same thing on release."

"Not a bad idea, but do the deals lead to other pinches?" John shakes his head.

"Not normally, sometimes it does like with the train yard murderer. He has gotten five fences in jail which is great." Sounds good but I'm confused on one thing.

"Why is it so good to get rid of fences?"

"No fence nobody to sell your ill gotten items. Means you are stuck with hot items like jewelry and such, so if somebody notices and tells us, they are pinched. Remove the ability to make money and less theft."

Makes sense and then we are exiting to have lunch. I ask if we can go to that good place that he took me last time. John rolled his eyes but we do head for there. I am a little unsure on getting in, we took the last empty spot in the parking lot for it. But we are going inside and the fella behind the podium isn't there so stand there.

Also pull an ace out of my pocket and hand over. John looks at it for a moment and snorts then stuffs it in his pocket. Fella comes over finally and we get smiled at then he is leading us for a table, sort of in the back but it is empty and four chairs again. Course this time we are close to the kitchen and it is warmer, so my trench coat comes off, with the hat cover and that goes in the chair.

Sit down and still warm so I am little lost then just take off my jacket. Waiter is coming over when I do then gasps since he sees my shoulder holster.

"Detective and court appointed dick." John says and holds up his badge so fella nods and smiles then hands over menus.

"Do you have sweets during lunch?" I ask looking up, the lunch section doesn't have any sweet things.

"Absolutely, there is a dessert section in the back, right now I am supposed to be getting drinks." Snort and roll my eyes getting John and the waiter to chuckle.

"Hot chocolate, I'd like to order a chocolate malted but not in here."

"That is listed in the back, it is nominally a dessert. Most of us have complained on that but it stays there. Would you like the chocolate malted?" I am nodding.

"I want the hot chocolate and the malted, I seem to have a daughter coming." Waiter snorts and heads off to get our drinks, John ordered coffee and a coca cola.

"Coffee and hot chocolate, the malted will be a little while." Waiter says as he brings our drinks over and stays there.

"I will have this cheeseburger, though I am confused on the optional bacon."

"If you order it with bacon you get three crispy strips of bacon on the cheeseburger, it is a really tasty option. Only adds a nickel. Before you ask the fries here are made with the press but it is a large press so they are practically wedges and you get a bunch." John is nodding so I smile and order it with bacon, which John gets too.

"Be glad your cravings are not that strong yet, some of the dessert items are pricey." I snort and shake my head.

"The hot chocolate and malted will be fine. I am craving sweets only so far. I know that I will demand odd things later on but so far it's just sweets and I still enjoy a nice burger. Say how come you didn't come over to our grill party?"

"Brian didn't talk to any detectives. Three of us in south station learned how to make a grill so I am sure we will have detective parties." Sigh and look up for a moment.

"So come over this Saturday, you are not that far from us and it was skirts with a bunch of patrol and sergeants. A detective would be the highlight of the week, and then Fred and I are detectives too." John snorts and smiles at me.

"Should I bring anything?" Ponder that and shrug since perhaps but likely not needed.

"We had enough ground beef and buns but did run low on the salad things. We made potato salad and corn salad along with ambrosia. A number of the skirts mentioned bringing things next time. Course if you know how to make one thing that is the bee's knees you better make a bunch." John snorts and shakes his head.

"I can make a good applesauce bundt cake but you didn't mention having dessert." My jaw drops for a moment.

"You are full of surprises today, can you make two or three? I can get Audrey to make cakes too. I know cookies and pie." John snorts and nods.

"I can do that, and pies are not bad, though about all we have right now is berries." I am nodding and then grin.

"Fred has said that I am under standing orders to make my apple caramel pie as soon as there are apples." John snorts and grins.

"What is so special about your apple pie?"

"I do a grid work top crust so all of it is heated through. According to Mom it heats the sugar up better so there is plenty of caramel. I'm unsure on that part but do know that the regular apple pies found here are not as good." John is nodding.

"It's something of a comfort food, though I admit it's not a terribly tasty one. Course grid work top crust, different than is made here, perhaps there is something to it being better."

I shrug and then the waiter is there handing over our plates, along with my malted and John's Coca Cola. We just eat then, the fella was right with bacon is definitely good. I will have to tell Fred about this and make sure we do bacon with the burgers. Course also find that the regular bacon strips are too long for the cheeseburger.

Break them all in half and that fits better, also seems like more bacon. John watches me do that and rolls his eyes. He had twisted the extra off and eaten that first. I like my method better and the wedges are really good. They gave us barbecue sauce instead of ketchup which is a new thing but darn good tasting.

Lunch finished and I ate more than I figured I would, we head back for the station. Park in the lot again so I better ask after that, am I allowed to park there. Before I do we go inside and get pointed toward the stairs down, not that we go that far. There is a door before the stairs down that we go in and there are a bunch of the fellas in here for the raid.

Met all of them already so I am getting hugs and plenty comments on lost my figure. Which is true and annoying though it is a good excuse for that. Which I mention getting everybody to chuckle.

"Before anything else, I gotta ask am I allowed to park in your parking lot all of a sudden?" John sighs and shrugs.

"Not really but it's not like you come over to the station all that often. I will mention you best ask north and west station if you can park in their lot."

"We were thinking, since we got a detective and the court appointed you can go in the alley again. They are not expecting us but they do attempt to run away."

"I don't want to go alone and then he said I would sit in the truck."

"Sitting in the truck isn't a good idea, the windows are not reinforced. Besides we use it as a barrier between the shooters to get up to the building. There will also be a team to go along with, mostly we want you for the extra bullets, you have a pistol and we are shotguns or revolver." Makes sense I suppose then John snorts.

"You going along means three go in the back and one additional up front. Usually they shoot from the porch and windows until we get to them then they run." The fellas are all nodding so I nod and then remember the bullet resistant cloth.

"Have you gotten the bullet resistant cloth yet?" Plenty of shaken heads.

"Maybe next year with a new mayor."

"Alternately at the end of this or early next we will to get more votes." Rather depressing, their safety is delayed for votes, or simply to save dough.

"John, do you remember how many houses the gang house was into the street?" John looks up for a moment and nods.

"Right in the middle, so after four houses you are at the right one. If we stop to set up where I think you will want the gate on the left side." Fellas are all nodding and then weapon check.

I get to take my pistol out and check the magazine in the pistol and then the extra magazines. The fellas are doing the same with their revolvers and then shotguns. Which reminds me of my Winchester so once we are done with weapon check I bring it up.

"I got a Winchester rifle in my breezer." Some grins now.

"Bring it along, you can use that since you got the thirty-thirty, it's a light bullet." John is nodding so I nod and then we are exiting, out a back door.

Didn't know there was a back door and then patrol take their pinch in through the front. When I ask it is a door used by raids since they leave with lots and come back with lots. Easier to get them into the cells and then collect information. Which isn't a bad idea, though do wonder why the station doesn't have sergeants at the back door for pinches.

Plenty of groans and get ushered to get my Winchester so go grab that, and the ammo box. Get to climb in the back of this big truck and there is plenty of metal. Also loud and then I spend the drive making sure I have bullets in it. Mostly it takes that long because the fellas are wanting to see it. So rifle is passed around and after all have looked, I make sure it is loaded.

Reach the spot we are going so everybody is making sure they got their guns and have them in the proper spots. Safety is checked on shotguns and then plenty of loading a shell in the chamber. Pile out then and we are all standing here, which is good and then a little odd.

"Now what?"

"Now we make sure we all know what we are doing. In that light alley team put your hand up." Three fellas put their hand up then I get poked so put my hand up. "Remember four houses on the left, fifth house is the one we want. Take a knee across the alley and wait for them to come out. Spread out so you are wide targets." Everybody is nodding so I guess we are done, except John opens his mouth.

"Front attack, we are staging this to try and find a murderer so plenty yelling of police and put your hands up. Watch your targets, we got innocents on both sides of the house. As an aside, Betty watch your targets, your Winchester shoots a long way and we may be using the sides of the house to chase." I am nodding, along with everyone else, though there is one thing I want to ask on.

"What if they go in the house and just shoot?" Plenty of frowns then one fella snorts.

"I heard you did this already, same plan as you had then, go to the back door and sweep." More nodding though I better mention part of that.

"I will mention back door had a shotgun guard, don't open the door standing at it. Enough room to stand on the stairs and open if it is closed and we are attacking."

More nodding then I am being ushered on ahead, with the three fellas with me. We need to get to alley before the truck is on the street just in case they run right away. Also means I am jogging to keep up with the three fellas, which isn't so nice in my condition. Also giggling a little since I found something that is actually affected by being knocked up.

Turning into the alley we hear a shot ring out, not from behind but ahead. Suppose means this gang is going to just attack. Perhaps anyway, I mean suppose one or two stays behind to shoot at the raid while the rest run. Not that anyone comes out of the backyard we want. We get over to that with a few more shots fired.

Spread out and take knees with me in the middle, at least means I am not facing the gate or the backdoor. I mean if they will run they perhaps will shoot away through the gate to take out anybody there. Have to figure on the gang members know the raid went into the alley already. Kneel there with no shots fired for a little while, and then plenty.

Not a good turn, suppose means they are shooting back and we will clear the building. Except the back door opens and a bunch are coming for the gate, I can see them. Raise my rifle and make sure on a bullet in the chamber then the bulls are shouting about being police and get on the ground. The gate had opened while I was making sure on having a bullet ready.

Plenty of groans then plenty of fellas are getting on the ground. I am smiling because this is nice, I don't have to shoot anyone. At least maybe, still shooting in the front, shotguns going now. Then one fella comes running out the back door so more yelling of police and get on the ground. This fella is looking around rather frantically.

Get something of a bad feeling on this, but at least I can see the fella fairly good. More yelling of get on the ground and the fella takes a step to the left. Gives me a good view of his shoulder so I shoot him. Luckily for him he falls right down screaming, and the rest of the fellas let off a shot with their shotguns.

Leaves me rather deaf, and there are more fellas in the backyard. These are from the raid and they are yelling out about holding fire. Fella I shot is handled first then the other fellas are getting bracelets fitted. All clear is called out so I get a hand up, so complain about getting mud and other things on my brand new coat.

Fellas are chuckling as we go into the backyard then there is collecting of fellas to take inside. We did good this time, got a whole eight fellas, which seems to be heavy for staying in the gang house. Luckily the table in the kitchen is big enough for all but the shot fella, he is taken in to the sitting room. John is on the phone calling in so I go exploring.

Have two fellas come along, this house has a second floor and then a basement. One goes upstairs shotgun at the ready, one goes downstairs. No shooting, the door stayed open, and no screams, so I guess no held girls here. I'm not sure if that is because we are south side and Capone simply hires skirts, or that most gangs don't bother with grabbing skirts to sell.

Can't decide on which is true, and then unsure on if Capone runs all brothels south side. In the sitting room I find the radio is missing screws so yell about needing a screwdriver. Bull right there snorts and hands over a pocket knife. I grin at him since there is a screwdriver on this knife. So get that pulled out and unscrew the backing to find a paper sack.

Odd to find that but when I pull it out and open up I find foil packets and there are drugs inside of those. The one I open I don't realize what it is so show it to the bull who licks his pinky and slips it in to taste and spits.

"Heroin." I am nodding and yell out about finding heroin and many packets so likely all of the drugs.

"Betty have you asked this one on the murder?" Look over at John and shake my head.

"I figured best if we both handle that together and you were on the phone, so I started looking for drugs and such."

"Not on the phone anymore." John says with a grin so roll my eyes and get up to go over to the fella set at the sofa.

"Only reason we went looking for a gang and did a raid today was yesterday a fella got offed in his own home. I am the court appointed dick so I can offer up a deal, namely if you cop to the murder you will get half the max so ten years I think. Also the only charge you face so all of the offenses today or the murder. According to the old bird over there it is less time than you are facing on all of the offenses." Fella just stares at me and shakes his head.

"I didn't off anybody, all I will admit to was sitting on the porch." Frown and look at John who shrugs, then snorts.

"You can make sure he gets less time if he knows the murderer." Ponder that and nod so turn the fella.

"Give up the name of the fella done the offing and two years less time on the deal offered to you. I swear on that, will go talk to Mr. Crowe and make sure it happens. Even if the name you give cops to the murder you get two years off the time offered. Will mean you are out before the rest of the fellas here so can find more fellas to be in this gang or find something better to do." Fella sighs then and shakes his head.

"Far as I know we didn't do any offing last night." Has me frowning, then one thing comes to me.

"Well then I am sorry for staging a raid on you fellas. I am going to ask after other gangs in the area, we have a murder nearby to here. Before anything else, same offer two years off on your deal offered." Fella takes a little longer this time.

"Three streets behind you is a gang, and then five to my right. I can't be saying on address or anything, just know where they are in a relative manner." I am nodding and look at John who is nodding.

"I would expect the gang three streets away has the fella offed my victim. Just we are needing a little more than that." I am shaking my head now.

"Heck no, I did this yesterday and again today, not again. Third time is the charm you know." John snorts and is nodding.

"Yeah I agree, just not sure what we can do." I am frowning now then look at the raid fella in uniform and grin.

"I know what we can do, or rather you and the patrol. Take a bunch of them, say ten and then bang on doors, you are looking for a murderer. Have the patrol go into the house even, so the gang can't hear if anyone snitches on them. Mostly you just need to find the door that doesn't open. Can do it on other streets even, make the gang relax or call in the rest, and then you can do the raid. I'm sure patrol would like that, they are either in the station or driving around." John and the raid fella are chuckling.

1...456789