House Cat

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Gently, I carded my fingers through his hair.

"As much as I tried to convince myself otherwise, Shawn isn't a bad person. He's not awful heartbreaker I wanted him to be. I was reminded of that and I realized something. I was the only one who still cared, who was still clinging to something that ended years ago. Shawn had moved on, and was genuinely happy to see that I had, too. But I hadn't moved on. Not really."

At that point he was sobbing.

"I-I tried so hard to change, b-but I'm still that insecure little k-kid! Even with a new boyfriend, s-somebody who actually loves me, I couldn't just l-let myself be happy. I haven't ch-changed at all! I'm pathetic!"

Now I was crying, too. I hugged him tighter.

"I don't d-deserve you, J-Jack. That's why I've been so s-sad. I was starting to think m-maybe it would be better if we br—"

I turned him to face me and slapped his cheek hard. Tears stung my eyes.

"Don't talk like that!"

He blinked his widened eyes at me, whimpering. I hugged him again.

"Listen carefully, Bryan. I love you. I want you forever. We're not just a fling, not two guys experimenting. I am head over heels in love with you, and I'll announce that to the world. You don't have to worry about me."

I brushed his hair out of his beautiful eyes. I knew what was wrong, and I knew what I needed to tell him.

"It's time for some tough love, Bryan. You need to hear this: at this point the only person stopping you from being happy is yourself. I don't think you've moved on from Shawn completely. You haven't forgiven yourself, and that's why you don't think you deserve me. I love you, Bryan. I think you deserve happiness, but if you're not ready to love again, not ready to forgive yourself and let him go, that's fine. Take your time. I'll wait for you, show you love until you can show love in return. I'm not giving up on you. Ever."

There was a pause that lasted a few seconds, then he burst into tears. I followed suit a few seconds later. It took about ten minutes for us both to calm down.

"Jack, I'm so sorry about all this. I'm sorry I haven't quite grown up yet. But...if you mean it..."

He took a deep breath.

"I don't want to cry anymore. I don't want to feel alone anymore. I want to love again."

He looked in my eyes.

"Now I know. I love you, Jack."

I kissed him. No tongue, no heat, just tenderness and affection.

I nuzzled Bryan. "That settles it, then. We both love each other."

"I'm sorry I made this so difficult. I...I know I'm not the easiest to deal with."

"Hush, Kitten. I can deal with this because I want to. I deal with you because I love you."

He smiled. "I love you, too."

We embraced for a few minutes more.

I pulled out my phone. "I should probably call Duncan so he can let us out of here."

Bryan looked at the door.

"I mean...tell him we're okay, but...I kind of like just sitting here with you holding me like this. I wouldn't be opposed to that continuing for a little bit longer."

I texted Duncan to unlock the door, but told him we'd be staying in the shed for a while.

Bryan snuggled closer to me and sighed happily.

"I love you, Jack."

I wrapped my arms around him.

"I love you, Kitten."

Within minutes, we were asleep.

*****

Three weeks had passed since the start of the new semester.

I held the little key like it was my most prized possession as we walked down the hallway. Finally we got to the door.

"You ready, Bryan?"

"Of course I am!"

I unlocked the door and revealed the studio apartment. There was a bed, small kitchen, couch, and a TV in one room, and a small bathroom. I almost jumped with joy.

"I love it already!"

"Me too," he agreed.

We had decided to get our own apartment together. We would have to get part-time jobs to cover the rent, but we both agreed it was worth it. We wanted to live together.

Bryan plopped down on the bed and I did the same right next to him.

"I'm so glad this building allows pets."

"Really? Why?"

I looked at him like he was an idiot.

"Because I wouldn't want to live anywhere without my cat, dumbass."

He laughed. I petted his hair and he purred softly.

"Tell me more about how much you love your kitten, sir."

I rolled my eyes, but indulged him.

"Well, he was a stray when I found him. Actually, it's more accurate to say he found me. After one night I knew that I wanted to collar him up and keep him for myself. I love my little kitten. I feed him and take him on walks, and while he's a bit of a diva, I know he loves me back."

I faced us towards each other.

"This is it, Bryan. The first day of the rest of our lives."

He smiled. "I can't think of a better place to start, or a better person to start it with than you, Jack."

I looked into those golden eyes.

"You're officially a housecat now. How do you feel?"

His eyes sparkled. "I've never been more happy."

I kissed my kitten and we snuggled together in our new bed.

It was quite the journey, but we finally made it home.

I hugged Bryan, loving the feel of him by my side.