Justin Thyme Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Callicious
Callicious
1,844 Followers

I just laughed and said, "Just save it for later. Maybe I'll be able to do something about it another time, say maybe next week?" I quickly jumped for my room as she swatted my ass.

Michael arrived at Al's a little before us since we stopped to pick up Susie on the way, and he answered his cell phone just outside the door.

"Michael, Pete Fleming here. I just wanted to give you a heads up that I told David Abernathy to give you a call first thing this morning."

"Is that your IT guy?"

"Why yes, it is. Has he called you already?"

"Yes, Sir. I sent you an email saying I don't believe I will be able to help you."

"Oh? I haven't seen my emails yet. Any particular reason why?"

"Well, to be honest, I expected friction, but I didn't expect an adversarial relationship, and frankly, as a snot-nosed kid with no real world experience, especially in transportation, I don't think I can be of any help to you."

There was a long pause on the phone before Pete responded. "Did he say that, or is that your own evaluation?"

"That was his evaluation, Sir. Really, I had no intention of saying anything about it, but when you asked it kind of slipped out. I'm sorry. To be honest, what he said has merit. I have no experience in transportation, so I will leave it at that."

"I see. That precisely is why I wanted you to take a look, and I know Ben was thinking the same thing. I frankly don't know that you can help or not either. My thought was to have someone with a fresh perspective take a look from the outside instead of from the inside. Tell me, how soon could you come up to Omaha? Or to Chicago? Is there anything pressing that you couldn't come right away?"

"I'm at your service if you really think it is worth the time. The only thing I have going this week is that I need to be in Tucson by Thursday evening at the latest."

"Very well. I'll send the plane for you, and will get back to you within the hour and let you know when to expect it. I had intended for David to arrange a commercial ticket for you, but I believe I will go also, so I'll be on the plane. Please expect to remain overnight at least one night, possibly two. Will that work?"

"Certainly, sir, if you really think it is worthwhile."

"I do, and more importantly, Ben does. I'll be talking with you soon with a time. Oh, and by the way, if you hear anything else from Abernathy, please don't mention this conversation." With that the phone went dead, and Michael walked in to meet us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Callicious
Callicious
1,844 Followers