Love, Sex and Money

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That was...." Heidi couldn't describe how she felt as she melted under Jim's gaze.

He shook his head slowly, "That's how much you mean to me baby. I swear to god I won't let anyone get in our way, you hear me?"

Heidi nodded, basking in the post-coital tenderness as they dragged themselves up off the floor and lay on the small bed, arms wrapping around each other.

"I mean it baby. People hate the fact that we're happy but I don't give a crap. As long as I've got you Heidi, my life's good."

Heidi pressed a finger to his lips, "Shh. I know Jim." She traced the tip of her finger around his mouth, "I know because I feel exactly the same way. You don't need to make excuses. You're too good for that. You're too good for any of the bitching and jealousy. Just be yourself."

Unable to conjure up an equally loving response, Jim closed his eyes, pressed his mouth to hers, showing what he felt through the meaningfully slow kiss. He wrapped her tighter in his arms, pulled her into a solid embrace as they both drifted away, their subconscious dreams negligible on the real wishes already granted.

-

"I never knew Sleeping Beauty snored." Jim ducked as Heidi threw a pillow at him.

"I don't snore." She mumbled, scratching her nose, "Do I?"

"That's the thing." Jim said, opening the curtains, "You'll never know."

Heidi lay back down, "I don't snore." She yawned, "What time is it?"

"Just gone nine." Jim was searching her wardrobe. "You got any man's clothes?"

Heidi sniggered, "Yeah sure. The shirts are on the top shelf and the cufflinks are next to them."

"Huh?" Jim turned to look at her before realising she was joking, "I'm serious."

Heidi sat up, "I think I have one of your t-shirts."

Jim had already found the Batman shirt and accompanying shorts. "Well, they'll have to do." He dressed hurriedly.

Heidi frowned, "Why are you in such a rush? You're not going anywhere are you?"

"Well, you have no food in this place and I'm starving." Jim ran a hand though his hair, "I'm gonna go pick up some milk and bread. You got any change?"

Heidi smirked, "I guess the convenience store doesn't accept hundred dollar bills does it?" She dragged herself out of bed, "My purse is somewhere in the hall. And there's money in the kitchen drawer."

"Right. I'll be back in like ten minutes." And he disappeared.

Five minutes later, Heidi had just finished showering and putting her bathrobe on, when the buzzer sounded. She smiled, hit the button and waited at the door.

But it wasn't Jim. She felt her heart drop to her stomach as Leon reached her floor and grinned.

"Hey! How are you doing?"

Heidi stared before swallowing hard, doing her best to regain he composure as his green eyes took in her outfit. "Hi Leon. I....just....overslept."

Leon grinned, "That's OK. You been having a good holiday?"

"Yeah, yeah, great." Heidi paused, "You want to come in?"

Leon frowned, "Well, if it's not a problem....?"

"No, no, course not!" Heidi stepped aside, "No problem."

Leon smiled as he stepped past, "You're looking good." He remarked, "Much better than the last time I saw you."

"Yeah." Heidi shut the door and followed him into the sitting room, "Well, I guess it's been a while."

She watched as he looked around the room. It was with a terrible sinking feel that she noticed Jim's jacket, thrown so casually onto the armchair. Shit, shit, shit. Leon sat down on the couch,

"What's up? You're looking kinda nervous."

"Nervous?" Heidi gave the most anxiously fake laugh of her life, "No, I'm good. So, did you want to say something?"

She crossed the room and sat in the armchair, hiding Jim's jacket from view. She winced as the keys in the pocket poked her.

"And now you're looking constipated." Leon shook his head and laughed, "You sure everything's OK?"

"Yeah. So how's work going? You get that promotion?"

Leon shrugged, "I don't know yet. Hopefully." He sighed, "I haven't seen you in ages. I thought you might still be away with your family."

"No. So, how was your Christmas?"

And he was off. Telling her about his homosexual second cousin, his awkward encounters under the mistletoe, how the pudding burnt and so on. Heidi tried to concentrate, murmuring and nodding in all the right places, laughing when he paused, her eyes flicking between him and the clock until he asked her a question.

"So, you think I should go for it?"

Heidi didn't miss a beat, "Yeah, course! Why wouldn't you?"

Leon leaned back, "Well, she's my sister's friend. If it goes wrong, they might fall out."

"Wait." He had her attention now, "A girl? What's her name again?"

Leon sighed impatiently, "Hilary. I knew you weren't listening."

"I was, I swear! What, so you kissed her?"

Leon looked vaguely embarrassed, "Well, kind of. She kissed me, actually."

Heidi looked thrilled, "Wow! Is she pretty?"

Leon rolled his eyes, "Obviously. I'm kinda shallow you know." he laughed, "No, she's alright. And she's really smart and I was trying to tell...."

He trailed off as a muffled ringtone blared out from Heidi's direction. "Is that your cell?"

Heidi felt slightly sick as she stood up, fumbled in Jim's jacket pocket and pulled out the offending Blackberry.

Leon looked puzzled, "I thought you didn't like those things."

"I don't." Heidi let out a sigh as Leon's eyes took in the two empty mugs on the table, the empty ice cream tubs, the man's jacket in her hand.

"Heidi, whose is that thing?"

"It's mine." Heidi spun around to see Jim in the doorway, a resigned look on his face, a bag of groceries in his hand. "Leave it Heidi. It's probably Xavier."

The device went onto answer-phone and Heidi dropped it back into the jacket, her hand shaking slightly as she sensed Leon's confusion.

"Him?" Leon stood up, "Heidi, what the hell is he doing here?"

Love, Sex and Money -- The Finale

Jim took a gulp of chilled lemonade before leaning back in his chair, a small smile playing around the corners of his mouth. Leon was watching him, green eyes analysing every last move, brow slightly furrowed as he contemplated his next move. Jim sighed in mock-boredom and drummed his fingertips on the polished oak table before taking a final glance at his cards. Leon's eyes narrowed and then he jerked his chin forward,

"Go on then." He nodded at Jim's cards which lay face down on the table, "Let's see how hot you really are."

Jim smiled, "You sure? You're all done? You don't need a couple more hours to decide what - "

"I'm done." Leon scowled, "We'll see who's laughing when you're buying the drinks next weekend."

Jim smiled again, "God, after all the poker I've played, all the thousands I've gambled with...this is like the most important game of my life. And all that's riding on it is six beers."

Leon finally smiled, "I know what you mean." He nodded at Jim's cards again, "Quit stalling. Show me."

Jim couldn't hide his grin, "Well, I guess there's no need to prolong your agony." He flipped his cards over and grinned at the shock on his opponent's face, "Sorry Leon. But I read you like a book." He shook his head, "You're too easy! You might be able to beat Heidi and all your friends but me?" He leaned back and stretched contentedly, "I'm in a class of my own."

Leon sighed, "You are." He muttered grudgingly, "I hate to say it but you really are." He toyed with his cards as an almost sympathetic Jim looked on. "You see," Leon began turning his cards over, one by one, "Only problem is..." Jim's jubilant grin faded slightly as Leon uncovered his hand.

"No." he muttered in disbelief, "That's...hang on..." By the time the final ace was flipped over it seemed their expressions had swapped places.

".....I'm in the class above." Leon concluded as Jim let out a cry of pent up frustration. "Better luck next time."

~

It was late by the time Heidi unlocked the door to her apartment. Jim was still complaining, claiming that he wasn't on form, saying that he let Leon win until she eventually told him to shut up or go home. It was a couple of seconds before he realised she was serious and took the wise decision to keep quiet.

And he didn't mention the poker again. The evening progressed comfortably, takeout pizza and beer making up the menu as Rush Hour played on the TV, the volume just low enough to suit the mood. Watching the movie didn't seem to be the main priority though, Jim thought to himself, as they talked late into the night, discussing anything and everything until eventually they'd both had one beer too many and the conversation was replaced by a pack of cards. Blackjack seemed to be the only game they could manage though and it wasn't long before the cards ended up in a heap on the carpet, the TV was turned off and all too soon, the night descended.

~

Heidi woke to the sound of her alarm clock beeping insistently. Her face was buried in Jim's neck and she groaned, tried to clear her head of the early morning fuzz which had come courtesy of the previous night's alcohol. Flashing red digits told her it was half past six. And it was Friday. Which meant work. And since she'd already changed her hours to take Saturday's off, there was no chance she'd get away with staying home. Reluctantly, she dragged herself away from Jim's warm body and shut the alarm off.

Jim stirred, "Hey." Yawning, he propped himself up on an elbow and watched as she stepped out of bed. "Where're you going?"

"Work."

"Aww..." Jim groaned, "Come back here. Take the day off."

"You know I can't." Heidi sighed as she picked up their clothes from the floor, "I'll see you tonight though."

Jim groaned in response.

Heidi ran a hand through her hair, "Don't you have work?"

"Yeah." He rolled over, "I don't have to get in till eleven though. You're meeting me there, right? Half six?"

"Yeah." Heidi didn't have the heart to force him out of bed, "Look, I'll leave my key here. You lock up when you're going, OK?"

"Sure. Whatever."

Heidi left him to it, showering and dressing as quickly as her body allowed. Half an hour later, Jim still hadn't moved a single muscle. Heidi left the key on the bedside table and shut the door softly behind her.

~

The mirror in the elevator was dirty. A days worth of fingerprints obscured Heidi's reflection as she checked to make sure she looked just about presentable. Content, she leaned back against the cool metal wall and smiled to herself.

Friday nights with Jim were always worth looking forward to. Full of excitement, heat and good old-fashioned fun. It didn't really matter where they went, whether they were alone or with friends; they always managed to have a great time. And then they'd have the whole weekend to catch up on each others news and just chill out together. Perfect.

The elevator stopped all too soon on the fourth floor and she stepped out, made her way across to Jim's office.

"Hey." She poked her head around the door before stepping inside and shutting it softly behind her. "You still working?"

Jim gave a non-committal grunt before looking up, "Sorry."

"It's OK." Heidi dropped her bag down onto one of the chairs and went to look out of the window, "How long's it gonna take?"

Jim sighed, rolled back his swivel chair and went to look in one of the endless filing cabinets which lined the magnolia painted walls, "Just a couple of minutes. How was work?"

"Not bad." Heidi gazed down at the cars and buildings, "You know, when I got my promotion, I thought it just meant more money and status. Now I realise it kinda means more work too." She looked at him, "Know what I mean?"

Jim didn't answer, engrossed in some file. Heidi turned back to look at the busy traffic below, imagining how much fuel was being burnt to keep the city alive. The cars, the lights, the noise, it was all running along so efficiently and with such ease. Heidi couldn't imagine it any other way. The whole system had been engineered to complete perfection and it worked amazingly.

"Oh yeah." Jim glanced in her direction, his voice interrupting her thoughts. "Your mom called. At your apartment. This morning."

Heidi frowned and turned back to look at him, "Huh? My mom?"

"Yep." Jim didn't seem particularly bothered. "Said her and Pete were having some birthday party."

Heidi looked suitably bewildered, "But I haven't spoken to her in years. She doesn't even have my number."

"Hmm." Jim sat down in his chair again, and began looking through another file.

"Well what did you say to her?" There was a somewhat jumpy edge to Heidi's voice.

"I said you were at work. And that you'd go." He glanced up, "To the party, I mean."

"What?" Heidi stared at him disbelievingly, "Jim, you know what things are like with her!"

Jim didn't respond, too busy tapping numbers into his keyboard and flipping through stacks of paperwork. Suddenly, she hated him. Arrogant bastard. He hadn't even looked up; he was so absorbed in gross profit and sales variances.

"Jim? For god's sake!"

Finally he turned. And smiled. "Record sales." He confided with a grin, "Good, right?"

"No!" Heidi cried out in frustration, "Not good! Jim, why the hell would you say that to her?!"

He sighed, waiting for a spreadsheet to load, "I wanted to make things right."

Heidi shook her head, trying to think of some way she could make him believe what a mistake he'd made. It was all so screwed up. She was going to have to go to this godforsaken birthday party, make small talk with Pete of all people, act like everything was OK, when it wasn't. Everything was so wrong. "I can't believe this."

"Me neither." Jim was grinning at the computer screen again.

"Right. I'm going." Heidi picked up her bag and turned around, hardly daring to believe how unconcerned he was.

"Whoa!" Jim's undivided attention arrived a few seconds too late. "Heidi, wait. I was going to..."

"Save it." It was the only two words she could manage without her voice trembling. As if she needed him anyway. He was just an annoying, selfish...interfering...

His hand grabbed her arm, "Heidi, c'mon. Seriously, just chill out. You're not leaving."

"Yes, I am." Her fingers closed around the door handle.

"Where're you going?"

"Where?" Heidi shook his hand off, "Home."

"You can't." Jim's calm voice didn't suit the conversation. He sounded...relaxed. What the fuck?

Heidi looked at him in confused exasperation. "Why can't I?"

"Because I've got your key. Since this morning." Jim shrugged almost apologetically. "And I won't let you leave like this." He leaned against the door, "Heidi, sit down. Hear me out."

"I don't care what you've got to say." Heidi glared at the front of his shirt, "This is ridiculous."

"Sit down." Jim's voice was quietly assured. "Give me five minutes."

Heidi somehow knew he wasn't going to budge. "Fine." She sat on the edge of the desk and focused studiously on the hard-wood floor.

Jim sighed, "Heidi, I agreed to it because I care about you. I know that you miss her. You won't admit it but you do. What person wouldn't miss their mom?"

Heidi scowled, "I don't. How many times do I have to say that to you? I don't miss her, I don't want to see her, and I don't want anything to do with her!"

Jim sighed, "Heidi, you're just too proud."

"Proud?" Heidi glared at him, "So now you're just gonna insult me?"

"I'm not insulting you." Jim crossed the room and tried to take hold of her hands, "You think that what she said to you, and what she did was wrong, right? Blaming you, getting married. But you feel bad too, don't you? Just leaving like you did." He sighed at her stubborn expression, "Heidi, there's no pride when it comes to family. You can't lose what you have over old issues. Look, she's made an effort. She wants to be a part of your life. She's hoping you'll forgive her, or at least accept her. You're never going to get another dad. But you can still get your mom back. I know you miss her." He shook his head as she made to protest. "Don't lie to me. I see it in your face. In your eyes. Give her a chance. If it goes wrong, fine. But you've nothing to lose. She's your mom Heidi. She raised you."

Heidi pulled a face, "But..."

"No buts." Jim's voice was firm as her eyes finally met his, "As arrogant as it sounds, I know I'm right."

There was a pause. "And if it screws up?" Heidi's voice was quietly accepting. "You're coming too, right?"

"If that's what you want." Jim ran his finger down her cheek, "It won't screw up baby. It'll be fine. You know it will."

"Am I supposed to thank you?" Heidi looked momentarily ashamed, "This should have happened a long time ago."

"No. It shouldn't have." Jim pressed his mouth to her forehead, "We might never have met. Everything could have been different. I could still be searching for the meaning of my life."

Heidi couldn't hide her smile, "OK, that sounded way too corny."

"It did?" Jim lifted her chin and looked deep into her eyes, "You still mad at me?"

Heidi sighed. "No. How could I be?"

"Good." His mouth dropped gently onto hers, tongue probing softly. "I hate making you unhappy."

Heidi kissed him hard, "You don't." she whispered, "Well, hardly ever. You make me smile, Jim. Everything's just fallen into place with you. Leon's become as nice as he used to be, then work sorted itself out, and now my family's... almost there. It's like you waved a magic wand or something."

"I know." Jim said quite seriously.

"You know?" Heidi looked mildly amused, "You're meant to say something equally loving. Not 'I know'."

He laughed hoarsely, "God Heidi, I would but all I can think about is how much time we're wasting." His mouth dropped to her neck as he kissed a path to her ear, "You are so beautiful."

Heidi smiled, "And you have such a one-track mind."

"And that," Jim concluded, his hands sliding under her shirt, "Is why we are so perfect together."

Their mouths met simultaneously, tongues moving in an impassioning frenzy as Jim's hands found their place on her chest, groping hard, pushing her down to lie on the cold mahogany, his hands moving to her waist, pulling her down and closer to him. Heidi felt her stomach flip as he pressed hard against her, the heat from their bodies fusing, making the raw desire almost unbearable.

"Come on, come on...." Each of them were struggling with the buttons on the others shirt, Jim finishing first and then pulling off his blazer as Heidi's hands finally stroked his bare chest, her delicate touch leaving him even harder.

"You..." His hands had dropped to the waistband of her trousers, his mouth to one of her nipples, and she cried out as his teeth pulled before being replaced by the soothing swirl of his tongue, his intelligible whispers exciting her even more.

"Jim..." Heidi ran her hands down to his belt, tried to undo the buckle between their bodies as Jim moaned, pulled her further towards him so he could tug her trousers and panties down.

"Ah..." The cool rush of air on her inflamed pussy reduced her excitement only momentarily, as Jim's fingers moved in, brushing along her outer lips as he straightened up, unzipped himself with his spare hand and looked down at her, breathing hard.

They paused for a moment, simply staring at each other.

"You are so goddamn gorgeous." The words fell from Jim's mouth, his fingers suddenly urgent again, pressing against her clit, making her gasp as he bent down again, kissing her furiously, their mouths twisting, tongues thrashing. Heidi moaned hard, her body clenching as his fingers pushed into her entrance, moving in and out, finding her spot.

"Oh god Jim!" She pushed against his hand, tried to hold his fingers there but then he'd pulled away and his hands were gripping her legs, pulling them around his waist as his cock hovered tantalisingly at her entrance.

"You ready?" He was kissing her neck, hands moving up to her waist as he held on tight, all set to go.