Mom's My "Someone Special" Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Is there anything I could do to make it up to you?"

"Mmmmm, I'm not sure. I'll give it some thought. I'm still not sure I've forgiven you, yet."

"Can't say I blame you."

She studied my face. Man, those eyes were intense. "So...am I still your date for your dance?"

I'd honestly forgotten all about that, and it was one of the last questions I expected to hear. "Uh, yea, sure. I mean...if you still wanna go."

"I was actually looking forward to it. I never got to go to mine. So, yea." Her shoulders lifted.

"Why didn't you get to go to yours?"

She smiled. "I'm not sure if I should tell you that. And this isn't the place for that kind of conversation."

I chuckled. "Okay. I look forward to taking you to mine."

"Don't disappoint me like you did last night."

"I won't." I hoped she wasn't talking about sex. "Can I offer you a cup of yogurt before you leave?"

"Noooo, thank you. I'm on a strict diet. In fact, I'm still angry at myself for eating that plate of desert last night."

"Okaaay. I'm not sure why, though - anyone can see you're in great shape."

"Always the charmer, aren't you, Chris? See you around." She placed her hands on her trolley. "By the way, and just so you know...I always get what I want." She smiled then pushed her trolley off, sending the heavy aroma of her perfume my way.

Well, that was a surprise. I wondered what else today had in store for me. Hopefully, not much. I only wanted to spend the rest of it relaxing with Mom after I knocked off. Thinking of whom, I pulled out my phone and checked the time. The time for my break had arrived. Actually, I was already four minutes into it. I bought an energy drink, left the store and found a quiet spot in the barely crowded mini-mall, where I took a seat on a wide wooden bench. I pulled my phone back out and rang Mom.

"What you up to?"

"Nothing much," she said in a croaky voice. "I'm actually still in bed. I'm exhausted." She yawned. "You at work?"

"Yep. I called you 'cause I'm getting off at one and I was wondering if you wanted to come and have lunch with me. I'm at the Purple Lake shopping centre."

"Oh, okay. Sounds great. And it gives me a couple more hours of shuteye before I need to get ready. See you at one."

Once I said my goodbye, I went for a stroll and spent the rest of my break outside in the sun, browsing social media sites as I sipped my drink. Since the store I worked at was different almost every week, I had no work friends and had gotten used to being alone during this time. It wasn't as depressing as you might think. It gave me time to clear my head in my otherwise busy life. Right now, though, all I could do was think about Mom. It put a smile on my face and warm feeling in my chest.

When time struck for me to get back to work, I headed back to the store, handed out samples and jotted down ratings until my time at work was up. I then packed my gear, got my form stamped by the manager and headed to a computer services store to fax my papers to my boss. Then I headed to the parking lot to wait for Mom. She arrived roughly two minutes after I did.

For some reason, seeing her excited me. It was almost as if I hadn't been living with her for the last nineteen years. I placed my bag and cap in her trunk and gave her a kiss on the cheek. She wore light jeans, a dark brown sleeveless top, which looked like a loose tank top, flat shoes and had her golden hair clipped behind her head. She looked pretty. We headed inside and found a spot we could eat at.

Even though it was after noon, Mom decided to order a plate of sunny-side up eggs, sausages, toast and a cup of coffee. She said she hadn't gotten to enjoy breakfast and couldn't understand why meals eaten in the morning were "deemed unusual" to do so afterwards. I agreed with a laugh, but decided to go with a burger, a side of chips and a glass of soda.

"So when did you finally wake up?"

"Umm, about two hours after you called. I think the last time I woke up as late as I did today I was in my twenties."

I chuckled. "Can't say I blame you. I'm surprised I managed to drag myself out of bed - I'm knackered."

She smiled. "So, was last night everything you dreamed it would be?"

"That and more." I smiled back. "And I'm actually happy you asked me that."

"How come?"

I hesitated. I wasn't sure if I should give her the answer, but, from a lack of thinking, I was the one who'd opened the door. "Well, after what happened the other morning, a part of me expected you to come here and tell me last night was a mistake and you want us to stop."

A serious look took over her face.

Fuck. I knew I should've kept my mouth shut.

But then her expression softened. "I have to admit; coming to terms with how our relationship's evolved hasn't been easy for me...Especially after the first night of this crazy chapter of our lives. I was so ashamed of myself." She took a deep breath. "But I've slowly come to realise that you're the man I want in my life. No other one cares about me or loves me as much as you do...with exception of my father, of course.

"And that's such a complicated word, don't you think? Love. We all pretend as if the way you love a sister, or friend, or a child, is somehow different from the way you love your spouse. But it's not really, is it? The only difference with a spouse is there's lust involved. And I guess a small part of me, which I've absolutely refused to acknowledge, has lusted over you for a while now.

"...And who can blame me? You're a handsome young man - I probably would've jumped your bones years ago if I was your age and you weren't my son. I mean, for goodness sake, you're a dead ringer of the man I was married to. So it should make sense, right?" She sighed. "But I don't know. It's all so complicated...I'm just telling you how I feel."

That was a lot to digest, but I understood where she came from. I placed my hand on hers. "I hear you. It is complicated. And all I know is you're a 'dead ringer' of the woman of my dreams, Mom."

Her eyes lit up. "You're still calling me Mom?" She leaned forward with a smile, face scrunched and mouth open. "After - thank you," she said to the waitress as she placed our drinks down.

I thanked her, too.

Mom took a sip of her coffee and once the waitress was out of earshot, continued to yell in a whisper, "- After what we did last night, and after what I just told you?"

I laughed. "Sorry. I'm just used to it. What do you want me to call you?"

"Jane, of course. Don't act like you don't know my name."

I laughed again. "Okay. Sorry, Jane." As I lifted my glass and took a sip, I noticed a pale section on one of her fingers. "Where's your wedding ring?"

She took a look at her left hand. "I decided to take it off."

I stared. "Why?"

"Well, this morning, I decided I was going to stop fighting my feelings and just make our new relationship official. And I didn't want my ring to keep reminding you I used to belong to another."

"You know you don't have to do that, right? I know you used to be with Dad - taking off your ring 'snot gonna change that."

"Yea, I know, but...it still feels like something I need to do. I think it's time I finally and truly let go of your father. He'll always have a special place in my heart, but I belong to you now...and no one else."

"Okaaay, if that's what you really wanna do. I'll support whatever decision you wanna make." I shrugged.

"And that's why I love you so." She placed her hands on the table as she came in and gave me a kiss that lasted a few seconds.

"Aren't you worried about somebody we know seeing us?"

"It makes it hotter, don't you think?" Jane grinned. She had a point. The waitress arrived with our meals and set them down. "So did anything interesting happen at work today?"

I thought. "Something did, actually - it's funny you should ask - I ran into Rochelle."

Her eyes widened as she bit into one of her triangular slices of toast. "Really?" She wiped her mouth and I nodded. "That must've been awkward."

"Not as much as you'd think, hey. It went over much smoother than I expected."

"So she wasn't angry with you?"

"Naahh, I didn't detect any anger. If anything, she was only disappointed." I ate a chip.

"Poor girl. I really feel bad for her. All those looks, but she can't find or keep a man to save her life."

"I did, however, promise her she could still be my date for my matric dance."

"You didn't."

"What was I supposed to do? I asked if I could take her last night on our date. And then, today, she told me she never got to go to hers."

"Okay." She shrugged and picked up her fork and knife. "Did she tell you why she couldn't go?"

"Mm-mm." I shook my head and swallowed the bite of my burger. "But I got the impression it had something to do with sex."

She laughed. "It did. I'll let her tell you about it on your date. But for now, I could tell you a better and juicer story about her you might want to hear."

"Go ahead."

"Well - I probably shouldn't tell you about this over a meal, but...screw it." She shrugged and I chuckled. "About...eight years ago, while you were on a camping trip and Kirsten was at...Jenny's house, your father and I invited Rochelle to come over. Like almost every guy, Gary had always had a threesome fantasy, and like I told you last night; 'I loved to fulfil all his fantasies.'

"And I thought Rochelle was the perfect candidate to help me make this one come true: We got along. She was beautiful - a little too beautiful, I'll admit...but I never really felt threatened. She was sexy, naughty and lastly, she'd finalised her divorce proceedings with Gary's asshole of a boss a few months earlier. She basically checked all the boxes.

"Anyway, after she got to our place, it didn't take long for music to be played, shooters to be downed, and dirty sex stories to be told for laughs. And eventually, I leaned closer to Rochelle, breathing on her neck, and told her that Gary had never seen two women kissing before. She was more than happy to put on a show for him.

"Now, I have to admit; I'm not really into kissing...or sleeping with women. But like I told you; I loved pleasing my husband. And eventually he joined in on the fun, aided by Viagra, and gave us both a long hard pounding on the couch. It was fun, but a onetime thing...And somehow we've managed to stay friends."

Jane said she was "a little kinky" the night before, but clearly I only knew the half of it. I was rock hard. Good thing I was seated by a table. "Umm, that was...unexpected - I'll admit. But hot."

She laughed and we continued chatting as we ate our meals. After we got done, we paid the bill, tipped the waitress and decided to walk around the shopping centre. Even though its crowd had thickened since that morning, I had my arm around Jane's shoulders and she had hers around my waist. I guessed it was really official - we were an item.

I couldn't remember a happier time in my life. Not even when I was a kid and got a Play Station for Christmas. I felt my eyes water and I kissed Jane on the side of her forehead. We walked in and out of stores, checking to see if there was anything worth buying. Jane ended up purchasing a skirt, a blouse and floral dress. "Spring's right around the corner," she said with a smile.

We spent our final period of time in the mall by an indoor fountain. Facing the same direction, I had my back against a square black pillar and arms around Jane as we watched customers and their kids flick coins into the water as they made their wishes. I couldn't help wondering if someday Jane and I would have our own toddler or toddlers to do activities with. That'd be awesome.

She spun and looked up, placing her hands on my chest. The smile she wore and look in her brown eyes told me what she wanted. I smiled, too, moved my face in and merged our lips as I slid my hands down her waist. Our mouths opened and tongues played as shoppers passed us by. To them, we must've looked like a younger man and an older woman in a progressive relationship. If only they knew. I felt myself harden at the thought.

About a minute later, we stopped making out, and once my erection subsided, headed back to the parking lot. I opened the driver's door for her. I was too tried to take the wheel. I placed her bag of goods in the trunk then got into the passenger's seat before she started the car and took us home. As we drove up our driveway, my face scrunched as I spotted someone sitting by the front door.

"Look who's here." I pointed.

"Kirsten." Jane faced me, looking confused. "What's she doing here?"

Chapter Ten: Treading Lightly

"Hi, Mom...little brother." She smiled as she got off the large black bag she sat on.

Our mother and I spoke over each other as we greeted her.

"What're you doing here, honey?"

"It's a long story. I'll tell you inside. Could you give me a hand with these bags, Chris?"

*

When we got to my sister's bedroom, I laid her heavy bag next to its twin and then took a seat in the chair by her old dresser. Jane was on Kirsten's queen-sized bed, while my sister was on her knees on the floor, removing items of clothing from the bag she'd unzipped. The girls did all the talking:

"You still haven't told us why you're here, hon."

"Oh, yea. Me and Craig broke up this morning, and I needed a place to stay while I try 'n' find somewhere else to live."

"Well, you know you're welcome to stay here as long as you like. Why did you guys break up?"

"Umm." She placed a shirt on the stack she made. "Actually...I'm the one who broke up with him."

"Why?"

"Well...it's kinda embarrassing." She stopped unpacking and pushed her long light brown hair behind her ear. "You see, Craig sorta has this drinking problem. He's not really an alcoholic, 'cause he doesn't drink every day, but every once in a while he gets trashed and starts to lose the plot. He gets angry at and the smallest things and usually ends up fighting some guy, or breaking stuff in the apartment. But a couple of months ago...he...sorta slapped me."

"What?" Jane leaned forward. I thought the same question as my face scrunched. "Why?"

"He was being an asshole towards one of my friends while we were out one night, and when we got home we got into a big fight about it and...he slapped me. He told me he was sorry about it the next day and that it would never happen again. But last night, I - umm, something happened, and he did do it again."

"I don't care what you did or what you said. A man should never lay a hand on you...Are you okay, sweetie?"

"Yea." She stroked her face. "He didn't even get that good of a shot in. But I could tell he wasn't gonna change, so I decided to leave him."

"Good." She nodded. "He doesn't deserve you. And you're right; he's not going to change. In fact, he'll probably get worse...You did the right thing by leaving him." A moment later, Jane stood. "Listen, hon, Chris and I are going to let you finish unpacking and get settled in. Are you hungry?"

"A little."

"Okay, I'll make you a sandwich." She looked my way.

I exhaled heavily through my nose, stood and placed a hand on Kirsten's shoulder. "Glad to see you back, Sis."

"Thanks." She smiled.

Jane and I walked out the room, closed the door and talked on our way to the kitchen.

"Can you believe that?"

"I know," I said. "I didn't have a clue that Craig guy was such a douchebag. I'm tempted to drive to his place to strangle him."

"You'll do no such thing. What will that solve?"

"But we can't just let him get away with this. Should we go to the cops?"

"No." She sighed. "I doubt Kirsten will want to get him arrested, anyway...and have to appear in court. Plus, you can't even tell she was assaulted. What if he denies it? Let's just let it go and let him implode by himself. I'm just happy she's not with him anymore. And I know he'll eventually get his comeuppance."

I sighed, too. "Guess you're right." We reached the kitchen. But it still didn't feel right. "Listen, Mo- I'm mean, Jane. I'm gonna go take a nap - I'm still feeling tired."

"Okay, hon. But before you leave, I think you should go back to calling me 'Mom' while your sister's around. I don't want her to know about us - or not yet, at least - and she'll probably find it strange if you keep calling me by my first name."

"Okay." I shrugged. "I'm not even used to calling you 'Jane.' So it shouldn't be a problem."

"There's one more pill you won't find that easy to swallow...we can't have sex while she's around, either."

I knew the answer to this question, but said, "Why not?"

"You know how noisy I can get during sex." She smiled. "And what if she walks in on us?...Don't give me that face."

*

When I got to my bedroom, I removed my jeans and shoes, then lay on my bed. It was hard to believe how my luck had turned. I finally get a woman to sleep with, the woman I wanted the most at that, and then the very next day she halts it. I was honestly happy to see my sister again, but, man, talk about bad timing. I sighed.

But maybe there was a loophole I could exploit. If Kirsten wasn't in the house, technically she wouldn't be "around," and I could capitalize on the opportunity. I yawned. But I couldn't think of a time Mom and I would be in the house and my sister wouldn't. My eyes drooped. I know this sounds mean, but I hoped she found a place soon.

*

I wasn't sure how long I'd been out for, but by the time Mom woke me up, it was dark outside. "Come and have dinner with us." She kissed my cheek.

I rubbed my eyes and stretched my back with a groan. "I'll be right there."

She left and I got into a pair of pyjama bottoms and stepped into my slippers. Then I headed to the dining room and I took a seat by the table. Mom had prepared us roasted pieces of spiced chicken, rice, peas, baby carrots, mashed potatoes and gravy. It all smelt divine. I said grace for us all. Then cutlery clinked against plates as we engaged in conversation:

"So how's your life going right now, Kirs?" I said. "Other than what happened with the D-bag."

"Oh, same ol' same ol' - waitressing, bartending." She shrugged. "But actually, I've been thinking of going back to school."

"Really?" said Mom.

"Mm-hmm." She nodded and swallowed. "Not high school, though. I was thinking of a training college."

"Oh, alright. Have you thought of a course?"

"Ummm, I haven't really checked which courses they'll let me take without a national certificate. But I was thinking of becoming a PA...or a call centre operator."

"It's simple enough to get that information," I said, "just go online."

"I know. I just haven't gotten around to it yet."

"When are you thinking of starting?" Mom said.

"At the beginning of next year, so...three or four months."

"Okay. Just let me know when you want to go and register - so I can get the payment information." For a few seconds, Mom stared at her daughter with pride in her eyes. "I'm really glad you're doing this, Kirs. It sounds like you've matured."

After we got done, I placed the plates in the dishwasher and leftover food in the fridge. Then I headed to my bedroom and put in a couple hours of studying before I turned off the light, pulled off my bottoms and got into bed.

I soon discovered my powernap had worked a little too well in refreshing me. I couldn't get back to sleep. As I tossed and turned, thoughts of Mom plagued my mind. I still found it super unfair I couldn't be with her right now. I sighed. But maybe there was something else I could do with her in the meantime.

I reached for my phone, opened my messaging app and found her contact. I opened our last chat, typed, "Whatchu up to?" and hit send. Seconds later my phone vibrated. I read: