Out of Sorts

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His hand lowered to my stomach lightly brushing it with his fingers. "It's flat and firm, not overtly muscled yet still strong. Look at your arms and thighs, sure you're thin but there is muscle and definition."

Then he looked at me with an expression devoid of all humor, "These," he lightly touched each scar as he spoke, "represent your strength and will to live. They are a powerful reminder of what you endured and what you are capable of." Turning me to face him he let his finger trace the scars on my cheek. "You can't hide these but they don't diminish who you are or what you're capable of."

Tears filled my eyes.

"Trust me Daniel when I say there is nothing objectionable about your body. It is beautiful."

Smiling up at him I try to wipe away the tears that had escaped. "Thanks Draven. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

Pulling me into a hug he kissed the top of my head.

"Um Draven, we're ugh, both...um..."

"Naked," he offered with a smile. "Yeah I picked right up on that."

Shaking my head I backed away from him a bit.

With a roll of his eyes he mumbled, "Come on let's get you dressed before your cheeks get any redder."

I laugh heading back to our room.

I had slipped on some shorts but left my shirt off to appease Draven, he grinned when he saw me come down stairs.

"See it's not so bad."

I was still a little self-conscious, but Draven distracted me with a bear hug.

"What was that for," I ask with a silly grin?

"Can't I hug you just because," his eyes were bright with amusement?

"You're naked though just seems like..."

Draven started tickling me. "And you my very prim and proper big brother are not wearing a shirt."

"Ha ha, st-st-stop, d-drav," after a very girly squeal I fell back on to the sofa. I was sitting there trying to catch my breath when he just straddled my lap. Grinning down at me, he just sat there his naked butt on my legs.

My dad and uncle came into the house took one look at us and laughed, "What have you two been doing?"

My face was scarlet.

"Well let's see today we went for a swim walked a bit, had lunch, followed by a shower, some mirror therapy, and a tickle fight, what about you guys?"

"We ran, hunted, ate then came back to kick back with a beer or two," My father was still grinning. "Why are you sitting on Daniel's lap?"

"Because he's my big brother and I love him," the innocent look he offered was worthy of a seasoned actor."

Dillon gave an evil grin, "He's my big brother too!" he shouted while managing to wiggle in between us throwing his arms around my neck and kissing my cheek.

"You two are crazy," I laughed.

It took about a week and a half before I realized that I was starting to crush on Draven.

No, I can't possibly. No. Besides he's a wolf.

So is Gray my subconscious taunted.

No, he's my brother there's no way.

Not really, they took you into their family out of pity.

My subconscious can be a real bitch at times. Kind of like mom, hm wonder if my subconscious is mom? Nah, too creepy.

"What am I going to do," I muttered to myself?

"About what?" Draven was leaning against my door frame his head tilted.

My mouth opened then closed then opened again. "Um, nothing."

He laughed, "You really suck at lying you know that right"?

"Yeah, I know."

"If you don't want to talk about it then just say that." Arms crossed he waited.

"I don't want to talk about it Draven."

"See that wasn't so hard now was it."

Shaking my head I offered a sheepish grin. "Thanks Drave."

"You're welcome. Want to go for a drive?"

"Sure."

When I stopped thinking about my own issues I realized that Draven seems a little off.

We'd been driving for a while in silence when I looked over at him. "Why so quiet?"

He glanced at me nervously, "Just thinking."

"About?"

He actually seemed hesitant which of course got my interest. "Come on tell big brother all about it."

"I broke up with Alyssa today," he said quietly.

Looking at the sadness in his face made me wonder why he would break up?

"Did something happen," I gently probed not wanting to push if it were something he didn't want to talk about?

Looking away he mumbled, "I don't feel the same about her as I used to. You know when I said that stuff about wanting a mate, well I, I don't know guess I want to be ready. Besides she was complaining about us never going out anymore."

Taking a deep breath I released it slowly. "I'm sorry. If I could, I would kidnap and tie your mate to the bed."

A single eyebrow shot up in surprise. "Bondage? Really. Well maybe if she likes it." His posture relaxed somewhat.

"What's not to like, you are her mate?"

His eyes flashed from green to gold in response.

"Hey Daniel."

Looking up I smiled, "Hi Gray."

"Do you um have those notes from McAlister's class?"

"Slept thru it didn't you."

"He's so dull how could I not?"

Opening my notebook I passed them to him. "Now I want you to go straight home, be a good boy and copy them...no excuses about how your dog ate my homework got it?"

Laughing he quickly stuffed them into his notebook. "Yeah, yeah. For a little guy you sure are bossy."

"Don't make me call the pound," I murmured with a chessire cat grin.

Leaning forward he growled.

Patting his shoulder I giggled. "Kidding, kidding."

The first Saturday in April turned out to be more eventful than any I'd had in the past. Well eventful might not be the right word 'awkward' is more like it.

"Hey big brother, want to go to the mall with me?" I shrugged not having anything else to do.

"You have to drive, I still have another year before I can get my license."

Looking up at Dillon I frown realizing that I hadn't gotten mine either. "I'm sorry bro but you and I are in the same boat. Where's Drave, I bet he'll take you?"

"He's sulking in his room."

Biting my lip I looked up at Dillon with concern. "Is he ok? What happened?"

"He's been a grouch for a while now, don't really know what his problem is. Are you and he fighting or something?"

I shrugged biting my lip. "No, but we haven't done much of anything together lately."

Tilting his head he frowned and sighed, "Same here.

"Don't worry Dillon I'm sure he's just having an off week. You two are close, always have been always will be. Just give it some time." I patted his arm in an awkwardly affectionate way. It seemed the only person I was not awkward with was Draven. But there was just something about him. I felt it that first day in the hospital. Guess it doesn't matter why but it does make me wonder.

Dillon's face brightened a little. He idolized Draven, yeah they picked on each other, but that was in fun. I'd never seen a family as close as this one they were special and perfect nothing would ever convince me otherwise.

"This sucks."

"Yeah. It does."

"You should talk to him, I bet he'd listen to you." Dillon squeezed my shoulder affectionately.

"Maybe he doesn't need me to talk to him."

Dillon frowned running a hand through his hair. It fell back into place so easily. I blinked then frowned at the silly thought. My new family was overwhelmingly handsome. I think I would have felt more at ease if they were a little less perfect. Being the odd man out was awkward, although they never treated me that way it still chaffed.

Frowning at the insecurities that overwhelmed me at times, I sighed, attempting to push them back before answering. "I guess I could see what's eating him."

"Probably fleas," he offered with a smirk.

We laughed while raiding the kitchen for snacks. Draven could wait, my stomach couldn't.

Eventually heading up stairs I slowly opened his door. Not wanting to wake him if he was taking a nap or something.

His back was to me, but I wasn't interested in his back at the moment, I had just caught what was on his computer screen, saw it, heard it, and got hard from it. His pants were down around his ankles and he was...

"Oh. My. God."

Draven swung around to look at me his face bright red. I quickly closed the door and ran to my room, face completely flushed.

My door flew open a few seconds later slamming against the wall, followed by Draven's muscular half-dressed body that was all the warning I needed that this wouldn't end well.

"Don't ever come into my room again without permission, understood." He hadn't yelled or even stated this request, he growled it in the scariest voice I'd ever heard.

Color drained from my face, I didn't need a psychic to know he was beyond pissed. In that instant I was desperately afraid of him.

"Fuck!"

I jerked nervously at his curse, which seemed to make him angrier.

"Damn it Daniel!"

I heard footsteps before seeing Dillon show up behind him. "What the hell are you doing?"

"NOTHING," he screamed! "Not a fucking thing." Draven pushed his way past our brother. A few minutes later I heard his truck peel out of the drive.

Days went by without one word between us. Dad decided we needed a trip to the cabin in hopes of resolving our issues. The tension in the house was palpable and getting to everyone.

It's peaceful I'm alone at the pond. Sitting at the edge my feet dangling in the water while listening to the birds and other noises that aren't a part of city life. I really do love it out here.

While sunbathing I drift off into a restless sleep. A distant sound fills my dream, it's just a growl not a predatory one, but something closer to affection, I know somewhere in my subconscious that it's Draven. It's comforting and I slip back into my peaceful nap, but am awakened again with the feel of his furry form covering my own. Straddling me I feel the tickle of his silky coat as he lowers himself onto my back, while licking my neck playfully.

Smiling to myself I murmur, "There's my good boy."

It doesn't faze me his body covering my own. I feel movement that subtle rubbing of his body on mine. He's teasing me as well as putting me in a submissive position while demanding my attention. I'm not sure if it's his movements or my realization that wakes me but my eyes slowly open realizing that I'm not just dreaming about Draven.

"Draven, what on earth?" On a yawn I glance up at him over my shoulder, "Shift you perv".

Draven freezes, his gold eyes glowing as they stare into mine, then on a whimper his form changes from my beautiful wolf into the beautiful male I know to be my brother although lately it seemed less and less a certainty. I wasn't really certain he wanted me to be his big brother anymore.

He was still on top of me when he shifted, the fur disappearing. Suddenly I could feel his naked body from head to toe including a rather persistent part of him which was currently digging into my butt. {Oh my God}

Glancing over my shoulder I mumble, "So, your wolf feeling neglected?"

"Something like that."

Coming to a sitting position while staring at the pond feeling awkward we both sit in uncomfortable silence.

"Sorry about everything."

Shrugging I look up. "You should have privacy in your own house. I guess I just forgot." Looking across the pond I sat there waiting for him to agree.

He met my eyes briefly.

"Please don't hate me Draven. It really was an accident."

Releasing a sigh he grunted, "Daniel, I never hated you. The whole thing was just embarrassing, but I don't want you to be bothered by it or think that I don't want you in my life anymore." He rubbed his neck nervously.

Shaking my head I frown, looking anywhere but at him, "Not being near you bothers me more. We haven't spent any time together and I miss it."

"Sorry, I just, well...you know...I thought you might not like me after the way I acted. You were really scared when I yelled at you. I was afraid I'd break you again."

My mouth opened on a silent 'O'. "N-no I won't break.

We were sitting across from one another Indian style, naked as the day we were born only this time it didn't bother me. I liked looking at Draven he was muscular but not in a gym rat way. The sun fell across his golden skin making me blush a little.

He looked uncomfortable. "You're sure?"

Nodding, I watched as a hesitant smile crossed his lips.

That night we all slept peacefully in the bed we shared; Dillon against the wall, me snuggled close in Draven's arms.

The next morning I found my dad and uncle laying on the back porch, in wolf form. They must have gone out early cause they looked positively beat at the moment.

I patted uncle Gage as I walked past.

Then heard him make a 'yip' sound, which I deciphered as 'where are you going?'

"I'm going to the pond, see ya later." With a wave I took off to my favorite swimming hole.

Dipping my feet in the water I just sat there thinking about how close we were to the end of school. Next year I'd be a Senior. Not that it would suddenly change my status or lack thereof in this little corner of my life, but it wasn't so bad that I wasn't excited for the change. Soon, I thought to myself. Thinking of school reminded me of prom ours had already happened, but I wondered if Draven's had. With the emotional roller coaster I'd been living on, I'd lost track of time. Of course since he had broken up with Alyssa it really didn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

About an hour or so later I heard a howl and then a bark of sorts. It interrupted my thoughts, they sounded pretty close by. I was guessing it to be Dillon and Draven, but didn't really know for sure.

A howl that sent shivers down my spine, came a short time later. I may not be wolf but even I knew something was wrong. Climbing out of the pond, I started toward my clothes when a wolf emerged from behind a bush.

I knew in an instant that I was in trouble and it was likely that my family was as well.

"Shift asshole," I growled, doing a fairly decent imitation of my brother.

The wolf barred his teeth at me before doing exactly that. "Ah Danny boy why so mean?"

My body froze. I knew that voice. How could I forget, he'd made my life a living hell.

"Heard about Sheila," his smirk told me all I needed to know, "such a shame, don't you think?"

Crossing my arms in irritation I just stood there staring at him.

"No hugs for your daddy?"

"YOU ARE NOT MY DAD," I screamed in fear and anger.

"I almost was, your mom was a hot little slut, damn I do miss her wet hot..."

"Shut the fuck up. Do not say another word about my mother do you fucking understand me?"

Jake took a threatening step forward, "When did you find time to grow a pair? I heard that you had been fucked over pretty good and couldn't even speak."

"Look I don't know why you think I'd want to be anywhere near you but I don't." I had moved toward my pile of clothes when I heard a low growl behind me. Making me stop in my tracks.

"I'm not here for you, this little visit is just a bonus, reminds me of old times."

"Why are you here?"

"Un uh that would be telling, besides you and I have some unfinished business."

I was shaking but I didn't think it was visible at least I hope it wasn't I was scared for my family and wanted to get back to them, but wasn't sure what I'd find when I did.

"Like I'd do business with a creep like you, why don't you go crawl in a bottle and drown."

"That's enough Daniel, time to shut that pretty little mouth of yours."

He was so quick. In the blink of an eye his hand was around my neck while the fingertips of his other hand caressed my lips. "So much like Sheila's." His eyes were glazed, staring at me in need and want. "On your knees bitch, time to earn your keep."

Tears pooled, rolling down my cheeks. Not again. I didn't think I could endure it. My struggles were his foreplay, it had always been that way with him. Throwing me to the ground like a rag doll his body soon followed crawling atop of mine, his hands roaming.

"I watched you swim for a bit and gotta tell you Danny, your ass looks quite welcoming. What d'ya say, your ass for your life? I think that's fair. Don't you?"

"Why are you doing this," I sobbed while pushing at him ineffectually?

His face grew serious, "Masters screwed over a very important man, he's quite angry. He should have paid like everyone else."

Shock filled my face.

"What you think I came looking for you, don't flatter yourself. Sure I'll take a piece of your ass, since you're looking all wet and sexy, but I'm not alone although you will be when we're done."

I screamed in anguish for my family.

Jake back handed me until I stopped. I fought him for as long as possible but ran out of energy quickly, screaming one last time for my brother.

Jake had crawled over my body pinning my arms down with his knees, while straddling my chest. Barely able to breath his weight served two purposes, as he forced his cock toward my mouth.

The flash of fur catapulting into Jake, startled me. Overcome with shock I watched unblinking as my brother let his wolf over power my abuser. He wasn't giving Jake time to shift he'd latched onto his throat immediately tearing into him while growling ferociously. Blood bubbled up from the wound yet Draven continued attacking until his victim lay still, bloodless and lifeless before him. He did not howl in victory although it seemed like something he should have done, it would have completed the picture with his blood soaked muzzle.

He approached me slowly, licking my cheek, then his head came up suddenly, tilting it he turned running toward the house.

I sat there staring into space, a form of shock must have taken over because the next thing I knew Draven was back kneeling at my side shaking me.

"Danny, come on Danny, it's me, look at me, that's it. You're fine, you're safe now. We all are."

His voice was deep and commanding, something I obviously responded to.

Blinking a few times, I finally met his eyes, mine still dilated with fear.

"Hey big brother, there you are." Pulling me into his arms he held and sniffed me.

"I can still smell that bastard on you. Let's get back to the cabin so I can clean you up."

Taking my hand in his he led me back.

"Fuck that hurts."

Dad looked over at Uncle Gage with a frown. "Yeah it's gonna be a bitch for a couple of days."

"Thanks for saving my ass back there, bastards came out of nowhere and tackled me."

"That's what big brothers are for."

"Good thing too." Gage offered a smile as his eyes caught me and Draven.

Uncle Gage sat with his leg propped up, while Dad quickly moved toward us. I was looking unsteady to say the least. Capturing my face in his hands he growled, "You ok?"

It was then that I started to shake.

He pulled me in for a hug.

It was Draven's growl that made dad frown.

"What is it son?"

"He needs to get into a shower that bastards scent is all over him."

Dad could probably smell the other male too, but he didn't know what had happened by the pond, reluctantly releasing me into Draven's arms after confirming that I was safe. "Alright get him upstairs, I'll check on you both in a bit. Dillon went to bed a few minutes ago with a bad arm so try not to bump him tonight."

We stood underneath the water together rinsing the soap that Draven had used in our hair and on our bodies. I pressed close, lowering my forehead to Draven's shoulder.

Leaning down he sniffed me, the tension easing from his limbs at last.

"Thank God, knowing what that bastard had in mind and smelling him on you was driving me crazy. No one touches what is mine."

After toweling off, Draven led me to bed. I climbed in next to Dillon who was already asleep. Draven slipped in next to me then in an uncharacteristic move turned, pulling me into his arms, our chests pressed together. The heat from him soothed me in a way nothing else could, until I recalled what he had said in the shower.

1...456789