Out of Sorts

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Draven?"

Kissing the top of my head in response he mumbled, "Hmm."

"Before, what you said...am I really yours?"

"Mmmhmm. All mine."

Releasing a sigh I kissed his chest before slipping into a deep sleep. So deep it seems that I didn't hear the Sheriff/shifter that came and those he brought with him to remove the bodies. Dad and Gage had handled the explanations and the questions that followed. The Sheriff allowed my brothers and I to sleep but told Dad he would need to see us in the next few days.

"You said his name was Jake."

I nodded, "Jake Canton."

"Did he tell you this, because let's face it son it would be a waste of time to track down a fake name, you know what I mean?"

Nodding I sighed, grateful that my brother wasn't in the room to hear the next part. My family was happily situated outside in the waiting area of the Sheriff's office, which consisted of two benches against a wall ten feet from the room I was currently in.

"Um I know him from, from b-before." I couldn't look the burly man in the eye and began fidgeting nervously.

"You know him? How? When was the last time you saw him?"

"He, uh, used to sleep with my mom when I was around fourteen/fifteen. I haven't seen him since then."

The sheriff, saw me shift in my chair, maybe I gave something away or maybe he was really good at his job but whatever the reason he knew the truth.

Grey bushy eyebrows lowered as he focused his stare attempting to decipher my past. Sadness touched his heavily lined face with a sigh. "He slept with you too if I'm not mistaken."

My eyes widened, then blinked rapidly"...why-why would you say...I-I didn't...it wasn't like that," I shouted!

"What was it like," The large bear like man asked gruffly

Wrapping my arms around my waist I focused on the floor in front of me. "Mom was rarely home. I'm not strong like Draven. I t-tried but he f-forced me to do stuff to him...I didn't...I can't believe you think...I have to go."

Jumping up from my seat I threw open the door running straight into a large warm obstacle, Draven.

His face had lost all color.

Dad slipped through the door way to make sure the Sheriff was truly finished with the interview that I prematurely ended.

We left the Sheriff's office around two headed for home.

Silence in the car was oppressive, yet no one broke it. Draven just sat there staring straight ahead.

When we finally got there he nearly pulled my arm out of its socket dragging me upstairs to his room.

"You are mine Danny." Green flashed to Gold and back again. My brother was upset his wolf barely leashed.

Swallowing nervously I nodded. "I'm yours."

"That bastard deserved what he got but it still isn't enough. He used you and was going to do it again."

I shivered at the low growling sounds he was unconsciously making. "You heard? How?"

"I have really good hearing and right now my wolf is beyond pissed."

Putting my hands up playcatingly I whimpered, "I'm sorry Draven."

Gripping my shoulders tightly he shook me a bit, "You have nothing to be sorry about." His grip was on the edge of painful while he sniffed my neck. "You are mine Danny I need to make you mine. NOW."

His voice had changed, from a warm baritone to a deep growl. Nodding frantically I tried to soothe him by agreeing even though I had no idea what I was agreeing to.

Draven's fingers grew claws in the blink of an eye he used them to remove my clothes, his own following shortly after.

Typically I would take this moment to sneak a glance at his six pack or muscled arms, but not today. There was something going on. I was just too dense to figure it out.

He stood there looking at me for a moment almost admiringly before pulling me into a deep drugging kiss. We'd never done anything like this before. I was gay not him. None of this made any sense.

When he pulled back I looked deeply into his eyes hoping to understand. They were gold, predatory.

Oh God that wasn't Draven, but his wolf looking back at me.

Once again he wrapped me in his embrace before throwing me onto his bed. I was bent over exposed and Draven was growling.

I heard his side drawer open and close then felt slick fingers against my butt. My mouth flew open in shock although nothing came out. I tried to resist, but it was already too late he was lost to his wolf's demands. When his fingers penetrated me, I whimpered squirming at the intrusion, minutes later those whimpers turning to tears in protest when something much, much larger forced its way in. I was quietly sobbing as he pushed in and out grunting and salivating. He had flipped me over onto my back the blurry image of him through my tears was terrifying his face had changed. Canines penetrated his gums giving him a vampiric look. Closing my eyes I froze even as I felt his breath on my neck. A silent scream flooded my mind as they pierced my neck his tongue lapping and sucking the area.

Light headed I barely heard his howl through the fog which enveloped me taking me deeper and deeper until I could feel nothing more.

"Danny no oh God no. Danny please, please. I didn't mean to I'm so sorry. DAD!"

Caine burst into the room moments later his nose crinkling at the acrid smell of sex still trapped in the air.

I began convulsing blood spraying from the bite marks.

Dad grabbed the edge of the comforter covering my neck with it applying pressure in hopes of stemming what was a rather large puddle of blood. Uncle Gage held me still while my muscles jumped and spasmed. I had lost control of my body, my bladder and my mind for a while.

Uncle Gage and Dad were beside themselves with worry. Ten minutes later I had finally stopped the muscle spasms, but remained unconscious.

Wet rags and dry towels were applied to stem the flow of blood and then again to clean what had escaped. There was no way of knowing exactly how I would react to my brother's bite and they were taking no chances. Dad kept taking my pulse while Uncle Gage doctored me as best he could. Eventually the wound clotted, my Uncle sitting back on his heels with a sigh of relief.

Cleaning up the mess that had poured from my shoulder during the seizures had been quite a task, Dad was scared that I had lost too much blood, but my pulse eventually evened out as did my breathing. I had slipped into a deep healing sleep.

Although we shared when at the cabin, at home it wasn't necessary all of us had our own rooms. Tonight however, worry and uncertainty kept them near. Dad, Uncle Gage and Dillon were crowded in the bed with me.

Draven had been un-consolable and thoroughly shamed.

Something wet dripped on my arm, it was a warm wet feeling that slowly woke me. Blinking sleepily I glanced around the room noting my family slumped in various positions. My head turned a bit only to see Draven's dark brown hair against my skin, his cheek laying on my arm.

Lifting my right hand I petted him. His head came up quickly, blood shot eyes met mine surprised by the touch.

"I'm sorry Danny," he whispered.

"For what," I asked on a yawn?"

He looked at me blankly. Then let his fingers tentatively touch the mating scar he'd given.

It hurt, but it also triggered memories.

My eyes grew wider and I sat up alerting me to the soreness of my ass. "We, we, what? Why?"

I obviously couldn't finish a thought or a sentence.

"You're mine Danny," he offered on a whimper.

"I know that Drave, but why did you attack me?" I couldn't understand how after everything I'd been through, he could turn around and do the same thing that those others had. It hurt.

"To make you mine."

I chewed on my lip as I processed what he had meant.

It still didn't make sense.

Dad stirred blinking the sleep from his eyes he smiled at me, then frowned at Draven.

"Daniel how do you feel?" Dad laid his hand against my cheek and forehead.

"Confused." I offered quietly while twisting the bedsheet in my hand.

Uncle Gage threw an arm over his eyes but his left hand patted my back.

Dillon turned over with a sigh, he hadn't quite woken up and apparently wasn't going to if his snoring was any indication.

"I'll go get coffee on, why don't you get dressed, we'll talk in the den."

Dad slipped from the bed heading out the door.

"Daniel, there are some things I need to tell you, about what happened yesterday things that are going to affect you in the near future."

Giving a nod, I frowned down at my food. I can't look at anyone especially Draven.

"When your brother forced you, he set forth a chain of events. The sex although not consensual was a mating bond. According to his wolf you are his mate."

My head came up eyes meeting my fathers in shock. "B-but Draven doesn't love me like that."

"Yes I do."

Dad growled at my brother. Taking a deep breath he tried to make me understand. "Haven't you spoken of a bond the two of you share?"

I nod. "I've always thought of his wolf as mine."

"His wolf feels the same about you," Dad said simply.

"I know Draven told me a long time ago."

Apparently that was news because my father locked eyes on Draven again. "You should have told me that son. I didn't realize your wolf was possessive of Daniel, had I known, we might have prevented..." shaking his head he whispered... "never mind, it's done, we can't undo it now."

Taking a deep breath I released it slowly. "Dad, this mating thing it's stronger than love isn't it? I mean I'll feel his emotions and he'll feel mine right?"

"Yes, although I'm not certain how it works, having never mated myself my parents had that type of bond. I know that you won't want to be apart for long periods of time."

Fidgeting nervously I brush my hand across the bite mark.

"One other thing that mark on your shoulder it will always be there, to alert others that you are Draven's. Because you were human it changed you, you will be able to shift at the first full moon. We will have to bring you here that week, you won't be able to fight the desire at first but eventually you'll learn to control it and shift whenever you want to."

"So other wolves will know just by looking that I've been with Draven that we've..." I couldn't say it but the blush filling my face spoke volumes

"Even now I can smell his scent over your own telling me that you are his."

"Oh my God that's so gross."

Dillon giggled nervously.

Draven's whimper was quiet but I heard it just the same, and then from nowhere I could feel something, hurt, but not my own. Jesus was this bond-thing working already.

Looking over at my brother...'oh no, that's just a bit too incestuous sounding at this point,' what do I call him now, certainly not my lover. Well whatever the title I turned locking eyes with him. They were currently a mixture of green and gold, filled with remorse and shame.

Uncle Gage smirked at me. "It's not gross to us. The scent is like a wedding band, lets other shifters know you're taken."

My eyes widen in shock, "I'm Draven's for life now aren't I," my voice sounded thin and reedy even to my own ears.

"Yes, you're his mate. The fact that his scent is now yours is proof of that."

"So if he runs off and sleeps with any other guy they would still smell like themselves because they aren't."

Caine nodded, "Only a true mate takes the scent of their lov...other half." My dad stumbled over the word 'lover' selecting another that fit our debacle better.

Uncle Gage ran his hand through my hair, "How do you feel about all this?"

Looking up at him I frown, "Like my head is gonna explode."

"Yeah, well every things a bit upside down and backwards right now, but I promise it will come into focus, just takes time. I wish that you could have had a different experience."

I glance over at Draven his expression lost and vulnerable. I should hate him, but something inside won't let me. It's fighting reminding me of a time when he was the only person I trusted.

I spent the rest of the day in my room sleeping, thinking, and crying...maybe not in that order but it was an emotionally draining day. The previous two hadn't been any better, nearly getting raped by my mom's ex and then having Draven's wolf force me...it was just too much so I guess a bit of self-pity was understandable. Uncle Gage brought up food for me, which I didn't care for. It was some sort of goulash. I'd never really liked the stuff. I picked at it then pushed it aside. Not long after I drifted off into a deep sleep.

At two in the morning I go from a dead sleep to wide awake. I feel something it's dark, frightened. My eyes adjust to the darkness eerily well. My first instinct is to cuddle up to Draven, but he's not in the room. Then it hits me. And with that comes the realization that the dark frightened feeling is coming from him.

I'm down stairs in a flash but he's not on the sofa, the kitchen is empty, but the back door is open. Rushing outside I see him standing in the moonlight, naked his shoulders lowered dejectedly.

I stand there just watching, my subconscious admires his build. He really is beautiful.

Eventually I walk up behind him resting my hand against his shoulder. He jerks in surprise. Spinning around quickly, I see the knife and fresh cuts on his arm. But just as I'm about to put pressure on them they begin to heal.

My first thought is that's some freaky shit, glancing up at his tear streaked face, let's me know that I need to do something to stop his pain.

Taking the switchblade from his hand I close it laying it on a chair just out of reach, next I take off my shirt and wipe the remaining blood from his arm.

He just stands there watching me with a wary expression.

"You need to sleep, we both do."

Nodding he follows me into the house. As I'm heading upstairs I realize he's not following. Turning I find him sitting on the sofa still looking lost.

Retracing my steps I move to stand in front of him wiping the remaining tears from his cheeks.

"Want to sleep next to me," I whisper?

Hope surfaces in his haunted eyes. Taking my hand he lets me lead him up to the bedroom.

"Night Draven."

"Night," his voice is husky and sad.

A part of me wants to curl up and press against him like always and the other part still wanted to punish him. I was so confused about what we were or should be it was just too emotionally draining. Eventually I did fall asleep my back pressed against him.

Morning," I mumble taking a seat at the table next to him.

"Hi."

Glancing up thru sleepy eyes I note his blush and the look of uncertainty filling his face.

"What," I ask curious?"

Shaking his head he stood up looking anywhere but at me.

I stand up as well taking his hand. "Hey."

He looks down at our joined hands in confusion. "What?"

"What were you thinking a moment ago?"

A shy smile filled his face before disappearing at my stare.

"Tell me."

With a nervous laugh, he shrugs, "You look cute with bedhead." His hand comes up to muss my hair like always but then his touch changes shifting to caress my cheek. "I'm sorry Daniel, so very sorry."

"I know." I was letting him touch me. For some reason I craved his touch, probably more of that mating stuff at work, but it wasn't like I hadn't been affectionate with him in the past, this time just had a slightly different meaning. "I'm more upset with your wolf than anything else."

He paused looking at me in confusion, "I am my wolf Daniel."

"Not to me."

"But..."

"I know it doesn't make sense, for some reason it helps to keep you separate in my mind ok? I've always had trouble remembering that you're still Draven as a wolf." I sound anxious but it's the only way I can reconcile what happened.

He eventually agrees, but I can tell he doesn't understand.

"Draven, do you really love me? I mean not just your wolf."

Rolling his eyes he cradles my face with both his hands, "Yes, I really do love you. I'm sorry I didn't say anything before. "

"Why didn't you?"

His eyes were wide, "I didn't understand, at first I thought it was because you were so fragile, my feelings were so jumbled it kind of started off as a protective brother thing and later after we'd gotten so close, you told me all about Gray."

"Oh."

"Yeah. I didn't realize you were my mate, besides, I really liked being your brother."

"Me too."

We didn't really talk much after that, just stayed lost in our own thoughts.

Monday was a relief from the tension at home, I knew what to expect at school, I mean yeah it was still school but suddenly it was the only place I could relax.

As I made my way down the hall I saw Gray. At first I smiled, then watched his eyes go wide in shock.

"Oh my God," he whispered, "what happened this weekend?"

I blinked at him shrugging in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"Who bit you," he asked on a growl?

All the color drained from my face when I realized he could smell what others could not.

Biting my lip I glance up nervously, "Draven."

"Holy shit," coming even closer he sniffed the air, "he mated you?"

I think I got even whiter if that's possible. "I uh, um..."

Rubbing the back of my neck nervously he noticed my blush as well. "Sorry Daniel, didn't mean to embarrass you."

Shaking my head I sigh, "It's ok just kind of weird."

"What me being able to smell Draven on you?"

Nodding in curiosity I mumble, "Doesn't it gross you out"?

Smirking in a very boyish way he bites back a laugh. "No, I can smell all sorts of worse stuff in our cafeteria."

"I don't smell bad do I?"

Tilting his head his face suddenly lights up in surprise, "You don't understand the whole scent thing do you?"

Shaking my head I frown.

"Daniel, everybody has their own scent, your scent was just a clean simple one, but now I can smell an outdoors manly one on top of your own. We all have our own and when we mate we get theirs as well, didn't your brother or dad tell you?"

Relief floods through my system as I visibly relax, "They didn't really explain it, I-I thought I smelled like sex or something.

A bark of laughter filled the hall, "Um no, you don't. Come on we got to get to class, we're gonna be late."

I nod following him down the hall at a fast pace.

After school I ran into Gray again while waiting for Draven. "So how long have you and Draven been 'together'?"

"We're not," I said dejectedly.

Gray frowned staring at me in shock. "But he's your mate. How can you say that?"

"I didn't realize that was what it was."

With a look of concern he sighed, "Did he?"

"Not at first but I guess it's been building up. He was really upset and then his wolf took over."

"Whoa, what? His wolf mated you," he whispered angrily?

I blushed bright red, "Well, not the full on furry version, but he had the sharp pointy teeth and claws."

"Son-of-a...are you ok?"

Shrugging nervously I frown, "I'm not sure. Everything is really tense at home right now."

"Holy hell, no wonder, what did your dad say?"

"He's pissed at Draven big time."

"Do you even love him?"

I pause for a moment, then shrugged, "I've always loved Draven."

A look of sympathy filled his face. "But the mating, doesn't it kind of make you want to be with him even more?"

"There's a closeness that we've always had, and yeah it is stronger, but it's also awkward cause we don't know how to act around each other anymore."

Patting me on the back, he offered a quick apology.

Looking up I see Draven's truck, "Thanks Gray, I've got to go."

With a nod he heads out the door, "See ya tomorrow."

Hopping into the truck Draven mumbles, "Sorry I'm late, had to get gas."

I shrug. "S'okay."

Our mutual silence lasted a few more days before Draven decided to put an end to it, actually I was glad he did.

"Daniel?"

"Yeah, come in."

1...456789