Plain Jane Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Even though she had read the book, Lisa's warnings brought home how little she really knew. "How much extra weight can we take?"

"What do you think?" Lisa shot back.

"Look at the manufacture's data sheet, subtract fuel, our weight, and what's left is how much we can carry," Jane recited.

"If you knew the answer why did you ask Mistress?"

"Being lazy I guess," Jane said simply. "That and find out what you recommend."

"Rule of thumb, plan on ten percent less than what the data sheet says. You never know how much your passengers and their crap weigh." Lisa replied. "Look at the data sheet Mistress, work up how much extra weight you can carry and bring it to me."

With everything it wasn't until late in the afternoon that Jane and Lisa were ready to leave. The plane was packed and their first stop was only an hour out to refuel. Instead of being in a rush to go, Jane asked, "Shouldn't we wait until tomorrow to leave and get a full eight hours of flight time in?"

"No, Mistress. While a full day would be easy, you need a challenge." Lisa replied. "I already know you can fly flat and level. Tonight you will learn to navigate." She smiled, "I'll meet you outside for the preflight."

Jane gulped and gathered her other girls in the living room. "We should be back in six or seven days. Any issues call me day or night. Keep out of trouble and be good." She went outside and double checked to make sure she had John's passport, and her samples. Only then did she and Lisa go through the checklist. Getting in and sitting in the left hand seat Jane looked at Lisa and asked, "Is it normal to be scared down to my toe nails?"

"As long as you don't let your fear rule you," Lisa replied.

While Lisa took off the first time, from that point on Jane flew the plane. She had expected the flight to be a fun adventure, instead she was terrified the whole time. Lisa kept her flying all night and then all the next night and into mid-morning. She only took over when Jane finally said she couldn't stay awake. To her surprise they landed a short while later at a little airport in Fredrick Maryland. Once Lisa turned off the engine Jane looked at her and said, "I thought flying was supposed to be fun."

"It is Mistress, but you needed to learn quickly. On the way home you will fly us to Dayton Ohio where I will pick up a duel prop and meet you near El Paso Texas where we will turn in this one. Once you master it you will be ready to start on the jet." Lisa paused, "Mistress trust me, it gets easier from here on out."

"Yea and I'm from the government and I'm here to help you." Jane replied. She called Dr. Mann to let him know she was in town and ready to meet.

"I'll call the base and have someone pick you up Dr. Brown," Dr. Mann replied.

"Do you have the items and funds ready for deposit?" Jane asked just to make sure.

"Everything you asked for is at the base Dr. Brown. I have one request of my own though."

"Oh?" Jane asked.

"Are you able to give a timeline on when the skin coloration formula will be ready?"

"Not yet, I have just started clinical trials and once I know how to modify it so it works for different skin tones I will be ready. It could be a few days or longer much like the nerve one was. That came by a blinding light of insight had it not who knows how long before I would have solved it." Jane replied without missing a beat. From his question and knowledge of other things she had done Jane realized he had someone on the inside.

Disconnecting Jane looked at Lisa and asked, "Are you working for the government in anyway shape or form?

"What? Lisa asked surprised. "No Mistress I am not working for them."

"Someone is... It has to be one of you girls and I have a sick feeling who." Jane replied. "What I don't know is why?" She got all her items together and then looked at Lisa, "I want you to come with me just in case someone tries anything funny."

"Tell me who Mistress and we, your good girls will take care of her," Lisa said feeling rage boiling in her. If she were home she would find out herself and kill her even if it turned out to be Alice, her real life little sister."

"No dear, I know you would kill her before I could find out why." Jane paused, "I just can't figure out why? There are three reasons behind betrayal; they are finance, jealousy, and blackmail. None of you need money do you?"

Lisa thought back, none of her sisters ever mentioned needing money. "No Mistress."

"Is anyone jealous of another sister or of my position?"

Again Lisa racked her brain to come up with someone wanting to be the mistress or upset with one or another's closeness to Jane. "No one has even hinted that way Mistress."

"That leaves blackmail. Who did something so bad in their past that the feds have their hooks in them?" Jane asked. She called Dr. Mann back and said, "Will you release your hold over your informant in my household?"

"Dr. Brown, Jane, the US government does not blackmail informants to get information. Any information gathered is from volunteers." Dr. Mann replied. "In addition I do not know of an informant in your household."

"How did you know about the tanning formula I am working on?" Jane asked.

"The same way I know you got mad and broke a glass when you found...let's see...Rachel performing cunnilingus on Lisa. While she, Rachel, is having sexual intercourse with an unknown transsexual which I assume to be Carol." He paused a moment and said, "Jane, you are too high profile now. Anything that happens where the NSA can see or hear comes to my desk."

"And a multitude of other desks on the way to yours," Jane replied. "I should charge tickets." She paused for a moment and then added, "I refuse to make my family cover up while playing in the pool. However, if you can slow the spread of skin flicks of my family I would be very happy and owe you one."

"I'll do what I can Jane," Dr Mann replied. "I wasn't going to mention it, but be sure to look at Carol's new last name."

Jane hung up and looked at Lisa, "According to Dr. Mann, the NSA has a sat tasked to keep an eye on me. He mentioned the broken glass incident. Finally, he wanted me to look at Carol's paperwork and her last name." She paused and then asked, "What do you think Lisa? Think that is all it is?"

"I would like to believe it Mistress." Lisa paused and then asked, "Jane would you fly a plane without preflighting it?"

"Hell no," Jane replied quickly. "You never know the condition unless you look yourself." She smiled, "I see what you are getting at. I'll have to have a little talk with each of you girls just to make sure." As she changed into business attire she looked at Lisa still in her pilot's jumpsuit and asked, "Do you have anything like this crap? I want you to come with me just in case they try anything funny."

"No Mistress, but I do have a nice little dress I brought just in case you wanted me to go with you." Lisa turned to her suitcase and pulled out a dress. "May I wear a corset and stockings with it Mistress?"

"As much as I would love to say yes, I'm afraid the stays in the corset would set off a metal detector if there is one." Jane replied.

Nearly thirty minutes later, there was a knock at the door and Jane went to open it. Outside she found a young man in uniform waiting for her. "Dr. Brown?"

"Yes?"

"I'm here to escort you to the base." He replied.

Jane and Lisa sat in the back of a sedan and rode onto the base. At the gate they both had to show their driver licenses while the man up showed a military id. They drove to one of the buildings and parked out front. Getting out Jane looked around and said to Lisa, "Somehow I expected it to look more like a hospital or lab."

As Lisa shrugged the man said, "Dr. Brown this is just the administration offices. This way please." He led them inside and through a metal detector. On the other side he turned left down a hall and stopped at a door. Entering he said to the woman behind the desk, "Dr. Brown to see Director James."

The woman, also dressed in a uniform picked up her phone and talked to someone inside. "The director will see you now Dr. Brown." She got up and led Jane and Lisa into a large office where a bear of a man sat behind a huge desk.

"Dr. Brown," the man said in a warm voice as he stood and came around the desk. "What a pleasure to finally meet you." He looked from one to the other not sure who is who.

"Director James," Jane replied stepping forward to shake his hand. "The pleasure is all mine... I think. This is Lisa my chief pilot and assistant."

"Lisa," The man sand with a smile as he dipped his head in her direction.

"Director," Lisa said in the same fashion while thinking, 'prick.'

Returning his attention to Jane he continued, "I have the experts you requested in the conference room. May I ask why you wanted them? Deputy Director Mann of Homeland Security said something about uniforms that can change color but he was vague about it."

"My team and I are working on a method to change the form and color of clothing and or paint. Imagine if you will," Jane looked at Lisa and smiled. "Lisa here said red floor length silk and the dress she is wearing changes into a red floor length formal dress. That is what we are working on."

"How close are you?" Director James asked.

"We just started working on it so I can't say," Jane replied.

"What do you have for us today?"

"It all depends on what you have for me," Jane replied. Turning to his desk the man picks up an interoffice mailer and hands it to her. Opening it Jane finds a pilot's license in her name, a driver's license and passport for a Carol Mann. Finally, one of her account numbers and a note stating twenty-seven million was deposited into it. Smiling she handed it to Lisa before turning to the man, "Bone regeneration, Muscle repair, and nerve regeneration." She handed him the samples and notes and says, "Add these to the skin repair and battle ground medicine will change in wonderful ways."

She paused and then said, "I wonder if there is a way to take these and regrow severed limbs." She looked at Lisa and added, "Make a note about that Lisa." She looked at the man and smiled, "But that is another day's project. Shall we see the experts?"

Director James wasn't sure what to expect when he heard about the skin inventor was going to come and his orders to do anything she asked. However, this young woman was nothing like he expected. As they talked he realized that he would gladly do anything she asked, "Of course Dr. Brown." He led her out of his office and down the hall to the conference room.

In the conference room Jane met several men all in uniform. While most wore dress uniform, one man, a Captain Frankon wore fatigues and stood at parade rest. "Captain Frankon, have you been over there?"

"Yes Dr. Brown," he replied not changing stance or looking in her direction.

"I am assuming what you have on now is the same type of uniform you wore in combat. Tell me Captain, did it work to make you blend in?" Jane asked stepping in front of him so he would have to look at her.

Still focusing on the distance Captain Frankon replied, "Yes and no respectively Dr. Brown."

"Thank you Captain," Jane said giving up. She walked to the head of the table and said, "If we may get started." As the men moved to sit at the table she noticed the man still stood off to one side. "Please join us Captain." When he took the seat at the end of the table Jane continued. I requested this meeting because I am working on fabric that can change colors and form. My question is what are the different camo patterns used, do the personal armor match the patterns, and finally do the patterns work or would intuitive armor patterns be better?" Even though she asked everyone her eyes remained locked on the captain at the end of the table.

"We have samples of the patterns here Dr. Brown," One of the men replied. "The personal armor comes in two versions one for jungle and the other for desert.

"I think everyone would agree that on the whole the patterns work for battlefield conditions." Another one spoke up.

"What do you mean by intuitive armor?" Captain Frankon asked.

"Armor that looks at the surrounding area and matches it to the best of its ability," Jane replied.

"Do you realize what you are saying? That's cloaking or invisibility. My god woman if you can do that..." One of the men, a major she thought, said excitedly.

"Impossible," the man said at the end of the table.

"Could be, but they also said we would never reach the moon or find a way to regenerate nerves," Jane shot back. "My team has created a crude version of it already. What I need now is samples of what you have and we can work towards that point." She paused and then asked, "Captain, how heavy is the personal armor you wear now and how effective is it?"

"Thirty pounds and I'm still alive."

That answer gave her some pause. Before she could speak Lisa asked, "Captain, having been in combat situations myself, I understand how cumbersome a full kit is. Personally, I would find a decrease in weight by fifty percent a godsend. From your experience would you agree?"

"Working on the assumption that the stopping power were the same yes," he replied looking towards Lisa. "Pardon me for asking but have we met before?"

"Yes sir," Lisa replied. "I flew with the one twenty fourth, close air support.

"I thought so," he said. He looked at Jane and said, "If you can keep the same stopping power and ability to switch out armor plates as needed then we would be interested in testing it Dr. Brown."

"In addition to the camo pattern samples I would need a personal armor vest. Can you arrange that?" she said looking at the Director.

"Of course Dr. Brown," Director Stevenson replied.

"Captain, how long is your stateside rotation?" Lisa asked.

"Two months," he replied.

"Assuming Dr. Brown's team can get the camo and or armor issues finished before you rotate. Would you be willing to visit her lab and evaluate it before we submit it to the army?" Lisa asked.

"I assume you can arrange that Director," Jane said. "I will be more than willing to fly him down personally and return him once his evaluations are complete."

Director Stevenson replied, "Of course Dr. Brown." He looked at Captain Frankon and added, "I will clear it for you Captain."

"Thank you sir," Captain Frankon replied.

"Well that's all I wanted," Jane said. "If we can get the personal protection vest I can get out of your hair. I need to fly to Dayton Ohio tonight and back home in the morning."

Once they were in the hotel room Jane sat on the one chair, pointed to the floor before her and commanded, "Tell me about that Captain and you."

"I flew close air support for the hill country in Afghanistan. Captain Frankon, George, was in charge of the firebase and ran patrols out of the base. Several times I was called in to supply covering fire for the teams. One time I lost focus at night and ended up flying into a mountain. He personally led a squad against orders and rescued me that night. Only the strength of the air frame kept me alive until he arrived." Lisa looked down, "He is a good man mistress and takes his job seriously even though he lost a stripe from his actions." Looking up at her mistress, "That's why I keep stressing to you about keeping focus while flying."

"What did you fly?"

"An A-10 Thunderbolt. It was the sweetest aircraft I have ever flown Jane. Responsive, forgiving, and when you fired the main gun it was like the finger of god." Lisa said with a wishful smile.

Jane took her cell and called Dr. Mann, "Hello John," she said when he picked up. "Your adopted daughter thanks you for allowing her to stay with me."

"You're back already?"

"No but I am thanking you on her part." Jane laughed. "I have a question and another favor to ask you."

"How come you only call when you want something Jane?" Dr. Mann asked.

"Before you say no let me run it by you. I pitched my idea of being able to make intuitive camo cloth to the group. I invited a Captain..."

"George Frankon," Lisa said.

"...Captain George Frankon to come do an evaluation of it before I sell to you. When I am ready, will it be possible for him to come out to my place? I will fly him myself... well Lisa will fly him but I will supply the aircraft."

"I think that is a very good idea Jane," Dr. Mann replied. "Now that you have dangled the carrot before me, what's the stick?"

"What are the odds of being able to pick up a retired A-10 Thunderbolt?"

"You have got to be joking,"

"That bad?" Jane asked.

"Let me check but I don't think they have been released to civilian ownership. If the Gatling gun's barrels are spiked, I may be able to shake one loose for air shows and such. The Air Force are going to love this request Jane."

"Well don't make it until I have the camo cloth made. Perhaps they will smile down at you and I." Jane paused and then said, "This one is not a major request but something to think about. Thanks again for the other thing John." Hanging up the phone Jane looked down at Lisa, "I really need to get the camo working now so we can buy someone I know a plane with her name on it."

Lisa blinked a few times shocked at Jane's words, "Mistress I am not worthy."

"Let me be the judge of that pet. Just because it has your name on it, doesn't mean you are the only one who will fly it." Jane replied with a smile. "Shall we get a few hours' sleep before the flight or go now and sleep in Dayton?"

"How tired are you Jane?"

"I'm awake now Lisa. I guess I am on my second wind," Jane replied.

"It's only three hundred miles' airport to airport so that's three hours. Let's do it and get a nice long night's sleep before I feed you to the wolves." Lisa smiled and added, "If you get tired I will take over for you tonight."

"Does that mean you will fly the single and let me solo on the Beechcraft on the way home?" Jane asked.

"After we turn in the one, you will fly the other." Lisa replied.

Once they returned to the airport, refueled the plane and did her preflight check she turned to the navigational routing. Even though Lisa had done it, Jane double checked her routing and the flight distance to the airport in Dayton. No matter how she checked it the total came up to three hundred and thirty nautical miles. "We will need to stop for fuel along the way Lisa. It's over the flight distance that is safe."

"How far over?"

"Thirty miles," Jane replied.

"That's 10% over. Every aircraft carries between fifteen and thirty percent extra fuel that isn't listed in the stats." Lisa replied calmly. "I wouldn't worry about it Jane."

"You may not but I do. We will land at," She checked the map and rattled off two small county airports along the way. "I'm surprised at you Lisa. If you want to fly it without refueling, I'll catch a bus and meet you there." Jane noticed Lisa's smile and realized she was being tested. "Cute..." Getting in she asked, "What would have you done if I didn't catch your error?"

"Prayed all the way there," Lisa replied. "If we made it then I would have pointed out your error. If we crashed, then I would wait until we both made it to heaven and pointed out your error."

"You wouldn't have said anything before hand?" Jane asked shocked.

"You're the pilot Jane, I'm just along for the ride." Lisa said crossing her arms.

"So I am," Jane replied. Once they were air born, she focused on flying until they were in clear air. Not looking at the woman beside her she said, "Tell me about you and Captain Frankon. Why was he at the meeting Lisa? He fit in like a cat in a dog show."

"Mistress, there isn't much more to tell other than he and a squad saved my life. I was shocked to see him there. A demoted line officer at a medical research center seems odd to me too now that you mention it." Lisa replied.