Reconnection

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
GatorRick
GatorRick
771 Followers

From the corner of my eye I saw Carter and Baker nod their heads in agreement.

"We still have to charge you with conspiracy in committing insurance fraud." Baker said. "But in light of your intention to make full and complete restitution I believe you'll get off with a very light jail sentence. The judge might even agree to suspend your sentence. That would be my recommendation to the State Attorney."

Saying that Baker, then placed her under arrest and took her to the Sheriff's Department to be formally charged.

***********

Epilogue

Barbara Toney went to trial, and as Baker predicted, she received a suspended sentence. She had to make full restitution to all parties concerned with the frauds committed by her late husband and she received two hundred hours of community service.

The insurance company paid her the full six million for the accidental death of her husband. She fulfilled all of her obligations and is now a free woman.

The supreme irony was the one legitimate insurance settlement made to Brent Toney was the one he had to die to collect.

Abigail Adams, against all odds, survived her injuries. She, too, was charged with attempted insurance fraud. The charges were dropped with the provision she get out of the antique and appraisal business. She sold all of her antique inventory to another dealer and opened a baby boutique. I understand it is thriving. Abigail Adams was just another woman who fell for Brent Toney's charm and irresistible manner. She almost paid the ultimate price.

Abigail got married some time later to, of all people, Detective Ron Carter. He had interviewed her several times while she was still recovering in the hospital and afterwards at her home. There was a spark between them and, as they say, the rest is history.

Charlie and I continued to see each other until we both realized that the connection between us had grown stronger than ever. I gave her an engagement ring and asked her to marry me that Christmas. We were married on a beautiful Spring day in early May.

Dad recovered completely from his heart attack and is back to work. Mom watches him and his health like a hawk. I help out with that as well. Dad hired me to do all the investigative work for him. The company was renamed to Douglas and Son Insurance and Claims Adjustment.

Charlie continues to teach at the elementary school. She loves her work with little kids. She'll have to take a leave of absence soon. We are expecting our first child in February of next year. Both of our families are thrilled with the news.

GatorRick
GatorRick
771 Followers