Room Wanted Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Does he?" she said in a fishing, but not fishing kind of way.

"Yes and it's all good. You've taught special needs as well haven't you?" Naomi nodded. "Wonderful. Mattie needs someone else is his life as well as Rob, I'm so pleased it's you - And Paul! Well," she grinned and sipped her tea, "Paul, there's such a change in him, It's wonderful..." She bit her lip and stared up in the same way she had the previous night. "My Tom was such a brave fella, but married to a spineless bitch. But Rob stepping in and taking over? I'm so..." her voice cracked the tiniest bit, "I'm so fucking proud of him. Typical of that bitch of his ex to walk out next or course. I don't know what it is with my boys and shitty women, until you came along of course. You Darling girl, are perfect. Please stay with him and all my wonderful grandchildren." She leaned forward, closed her eyes and kissed Naomi on the cheek. Naomi put a hand to the spot Mum had kissed her a smiled as the older lady stood, brushed down her nightie and held out a hand. "Breakfast?"

Both Naomi and Paul had a Thursday off later that month as their schools were closed for a local by-election and she said she'd help to decorate the downstairs with Christmas lights and hanging decorations. Paul had looked slightly worried about this further change in his living arrangements so Naomi sat in front of him with a notepad, sketched each room, decided on a colour scheme based on the existing decor, then headed with him to the supermarket and bought the necessary decorations.

They were on their third and last room when the family started returning from school and college, and watched with interest their autistic brother Paul, more animated then they had ever seen him before without him throwing a major wobbly.

When Rob returned it was to see Paul and the gorgeous Naomi totally involved and focussed on each other. He took Carla to one side saying that this was one of those moments when it was all about Paul and he was sure that Mo'mee was saving something for her to decorate.

She did. She'd asked Paul to allow space for the tree in the bay window of the large front room with the TV and he did. He didn't look at it the gap at all preferring to think it didn't exist, but continued to decorate the room and everyone had to admit that the co-ordinating colours of the decorations with the room, and the precision with which the chains were strung and the baubles hung made the room look so classy - Carolyn and Lizzie both nodded in appreciation and said that they'd have to do it like this every year.

Everyone took a go with the tree while Paul disappeared to his room, exhausted by his day's work, returning only to eat his tea and admire the balance that the tree had been decorated with, and he only re-arranged a few baubles.

Once the children were in bed or in their rooms, Rob grabbed her as she walked past him to the dishwasher and pulled her into his embrace,

"You are a fucking miracle worker Nomes," he said, "I can't quantify it more than this; you 'get' Paul; you get him in a way that now one else ever has done, not even his mother. This is going to be the best Christmas ever!" He looked worried for a brief second, "Say you'll be here?"

She thought back to a chat she'd had some months ago about past Christmases and she'd said that she had an open invitation for Christmas with big brother Pete and big sis in law Julie and she'd been there for the last five years, since she'd split up with her last boyfriend. She felt pulled, her niece and nephew loved her being there but she also figured that they wouldn't mind if she had a Christmas off to be with her 'other family'; hell, she might even ask Rob if Pete and Julie could come over with their two young children - they'd have a wonderful time here. Everyone had a wonderful time here.

"Yes," she giggled, "Yes, please. That would be lovely, wonderful."

Rob pulled her into his embrace,

"Thank you," he giggled back, "Thank you, I'll make it wonderful," he said, "you won't regret it honestly."

"I know I won't," she said, "I was kinda hoping you would ask me."

"Nomes, I didn't think you needed asking, I think me and the kids hadn't even considered that you would be anywhere else." She leaned forward and kissed him. They kissed and cuddled for another twenty minutes before slowly making their way up the stairs and snogging on the first floor landing. These days they headed for either bedroom, in Rob's words 'making out'; sometimes they made love sometimes they just slept together and held each other. It was wonderful; she still considered her 'plan'. It was still her plan and it would still happen, just not yet for a while.

Two weeks before Christmas the family was off to Carla's school and the carol concert and pantomime. Tiny Carla was Tinkerbell, in a costume lovingly handmade for her by her big sister, along with the Peter Pan costume for the other lead. The costume was so well crafted that Carolyn had secreted some of Paul's cleverly designed features that meant that her fairy wings glowed all the time and when she waved her magic wand, tiny bulbs shimmered outwards in time to her waves bringing 'oohs and aah's from the appreciative crowd. As Carla bounded across the stage as the tiny mischievous fairy, the entire crowd took to her and she could do no wrong, in fact the stumble she suffered brought forth a unanimous 'awwwww' and then a laugh as she jumped back to her feet and grinned, hands on hips and still in character.

Carolyn, who had foreseen such a need, slipped Naomi a tissue as the audience had to all shout 'we believe in fairies' and tiny Carla's wings lit back up again and she leapt to her feet.

At the end of the show, Paul was critical of his work saying he was sure that given the task again he could make the lights way more effective. After looking at the stage he started to explain to Carla's teacher how he could make her and Peter Pan fly with only a few wires that could be easily hidden.

The teacher smiled, she'd seen Paul a few times before but he'd spoken more words tonight with more clarity and eye contact than he ever had before. Then Carla ran across the hall still in her costume and leapt not into Rob's arms but into Naomi's.

"Mo'meeee!" she squealed, "Did you see me? Did you see me?"

"Of course baby girl!" she said, lifting her high in her arms, "you were the best Tinkerbell EVER!"

The teacher looked slightly confused at this tenderness and affection from this lady she'd never seen before, and having had Carla in her care for a couple of years that was surprising. The teacher knew Carla's story and what had happened to her birth mother; she figured that the blossoming of this delightful but occasionally withdrawn girl had perhaps been because of this new woman in her life. She looked at Carla's Dad pushing her older brother in his wheelchair. His look at this 'partner' - if that's what she was - said almost the same thing, and he obviously took pleasure in seeing Carla so happy.

Paul continued speaking, and he'd certainly never spoken to her or anyone at the school before. Now he was promising to do her plans for lots of backstage effects on various different pantomimes. She smiled.

Two nights later and another concert this time with Lizzie playing the piano at her school had the whole family dressed in their best, and cheering as Lizzie took a second encore, after her faultless performance of 'the carol of the bells'.

On the night of Christmas eve, Naomi had very wisely suggested that she check her room before Rob came up to join her and for good reason; Carla and T-Bear were snuggled down in the warmth of Naomi's duvet obviously too excited out of her mind to sleep anywhere else. Carolyn, while still loving her baby sister, was out with friends from University (first time ever) and not due in until after midnight, Lizzie was sleeping over at her Mum's house ready for Christmas day there (it was her turn, even though Lizzie had expressed a preference to sleep in her own bed and have Christmas morning with the rest of her family) so Carla was effectively without her older sisters that had played such a part in her life.

"Tomorrow night Rob I promise," she whispered to him and kissed him lovingly and pushing her tongue into his mouth. It was a bit disappointing as her period had just finished that day and it would be an end to that particular celibacy.

"OK Darling, my baby girl wants her Mo'mee on a night like this, you sleep well and I'll see you in the morning." They parted and Naomi went to her small bathroom and changed into her T-shirt nightdress and slipped into bed pulling the sleeping Carla and T-Bear into her arms.

The next morning she woke to find the tiny girl just coming round and looking at the bottom of the bed. Even Naomi had to admit to some surprise as she had slept through whoever had tiptoed into her room and placed the presents on the end of her bed.

"Santa knew I wasn't in my room," said Carla rolling over with glee and climbing over the duvet and sliding down to where the small book shaped parcel and selection box rested.

"Of course he did," said Naomi sitting up, beaming a grin at this simple Christmas magic she hadn't known since her own childhood, "Santa always knows where to find good girls and boys, Happy Christmas Princess."

"Happy Christmas," she kissed Naomi, "That means you must have been a good girl too Mo'mee, here's one for you."

"Oh I say," said Naomi looking to see that she too had a selection box, this time a slightly posher one with individual chocolates rather than small bars. Next to it was a small box, that Naomi unwrapped to discover a short necklace with a bejewelled 'N' on a short gold chain. Naomi held her hair out of the way as Carla clipped it around her neck.

They sat up in bed together eating chocolate and giggling, Naomi cuddling Carla who was reading sections from her new book.

"Knock-knock!" came a voice, and it was Rob, in T-shirt and PJ shorts, with Matt in his arms and he carried his boy to Naomi's bed. She beamed a smile at two of her favourite boys ever,

"Rob AND Mattie," she wiggled her bottom shunting Carla, "come on Baby girl, budge over and make room for Daddy and Matt."

Carla did so and Rob carefully placed Matt on the bed leaning back against the head board. Naomi raised and arm and put it around Matt holding him in place, then the other around Carla who seemed delighted at the whole thing.

Rob went across to Naomi's kitchen and made a pot of tea and handed mugs around a few minutes later, and they all sat and chatted, interrupted only by Naomi's radio going off. Paul arrived at the top of the stairs and peaked around the corner. Naomi called a 'Happy Christmas' to him, and he smiled back, watching to make sure all was well.

Naomi asked him if he understood 'freeview' boxes because she thought hers had lost ITV3 and her favourite detective shows were on. With a task at last, Paul plonked himself on the small sofa, close but not too close, with two remote controls and started to tinker. Rob handed him a mug of tea.

The last visitor was the slightly bleary eyed Carolyn, resplendent in a T-shirt nightie of her own, the first time Naomi had seen her not in her usual pyjamas or onesies.

She had made tea, and was obviously pleased that Rob was here as well. She sat on the bed and nodded at the space to Naomi's left, then to her father.

Naomi shook her head, put her arms around Carla and gave her a squeeze and kissed her cheek, nodding at her. Carolyn stuck out her bottom lip just the tiniest bit while Naomi gave the slightest almost unnoticeable shrug.

They all took turns in the various bathrooms with Carla using Naomi's shower and insisting that Naomi help her with washing her hair. They both came down for breakfast to the smell of cooking bacon and eggs and more presents. Just before ten, there was the familiar rumble of a BMW R80 tourer and then Nanny was at the door.

Naomi had bought presents for everyone and was pleased because everyone seemed to have bought her one. She couldn't remember having so many gifts in many years, and loved watching the children open theirs.

For Carolyn she'd bought a set of eight specially shaped shears for dressmaking,

"I've been after a set of these for ages!" she squealed, hugging Naomi.

Paul had a set of DVD's in a closed boxed set, Star Trek of course, and he was delighted - taking each out and making sure the DVD's were all present, and in order, straight and level.

Matt had a huge pile of Superhero comic books, and a rubber tipped pencil that he could use for turning the pages. For Carla there was a whole set of Barbie dolls and clothes - Naomi's own toys in fact and many of them in original boxes. Secured only by a large red bow, Carolyn picked up a small cardboard box and checked it. Seconds later she was on her iPhone and telling Carla not to damage the boxes, as the value of all of this stuff was in the hundreds of pounds. That didn't matter though, for Carla it was paradise and she lay the whole mess of toys out under the table creating a huge hotel for them, using a different voice for each.

Mum had a thermal head-over scarf that would keep her neck and shoulders warm, Rob had a new scarf and heated motorcycle gloves. Lizzie had a new effects pedal for her electric piano but that was being opened at her Mother's house across town with her stepfather Steve and half-brother Kyle.

Naomi had only met Kyle once and she while she wanted to warm to him it was a bit of a struggle. Considering that she had worked with children since she was twenty she found this strange but then Kyle was a bit strange even though he was an only child in a reasonably sized house raised by a school teacher and as soon as he arrived at Rob's place he just started to whine for attention from his mother. He had a similar build to his older half-sister Lizzie and a darker blonde head of hair in tight curls and although almost the same age as Carla, he wouldn't go anywhere near her for some reason, turning his nose up at the tiny cutie even in her own home. Carla seemed not to like him simply because he didn't like her.

Whenever he arrived, Carolyn just headed for her own room, Paul headed for his while Mattie tried to make friends with the small boy that just wanted to stare at him all the time and laugh when he spoke and ask why he didn't walk like everyone else. Even Matt would eventually drive his electric wheelchair away from his annoying and unpleasant step half-cousin. Naomi would just make coffee in the kitchen, distinctly aware that Rob's wife and her son didn't approve of her.

At Christmas lunch she was ordered to take a seat along with Nanny and Matt while everyone else saw to the meal. She held his hand as she watched plates full of turkey, lamb, beef and pork laid before each seat, the huge bowls of roast potatoes, carrots, roasted glazed parsnips, peas in butter, and a large jug of gravy. Whenever she peaked out of the corner of her eye, Mum would be looking at her and Matt, smiling contentedly.

All the food tasted fabulous and being waited on hand and foot only made it better.

This was followed by a Christmas pudding with the most wonderful rich brandy sauce and she had to confess herself stuffed. Still denied the role of washer upper or plate clearer she took Matt through to the living room and settled his chair next to her on the sofa, and held his hand again as they watched the beginning of one of the Christmas movies.

Mum grinned again, this girl was delightful!

Matt fell asleep, and she was starting to doze as Carla appeared with a coffee and plate of Christmas cookies. Wedged into a corner of the big sofa, she took them and pulled Carla onto her lap, looking down at the mess of toys she'd dragged from under the dining room table.

Carla spent the next hour asking Naomi what each of the dolly's names had been when she'd played with them and she struggled to remember. Eventually once Carla had run out of toys to name she sat quietly on Naomi's lap until she had slumped slightly and dozed on her hero's lap until tea time.

Their tea was almost as large as the lunch had been and while Naomi really wanted to be sensible and not take too much, she really struggled with the temptation and eventually had some of everything.

Back in a vibrant family home for the first time in years, she got involved with everyone and even played Super Mario Cart on the games console with Mum, Matt and Carolyn, while Paul looked up the value of some more of Carla's toys on the new tablet computer Rob had bought him. Carla was lost in a world of imagination under the table with Barbie.

"Mum, this is No'mee," said Lizzie, for the first time being introduced to Rob's ex-wife Hilary, seeing as she never had been before. 'Mum' had left slightly earlier, as she 'didn't want to be around when that treacherous bitch was' as she was sure would say something this time.

Naomi figured she was the same age as Rob and seemed to have a real business like look about her, and she stuck out her hand.

"Hilary," she said, adding with an unnecessary emphasis, "Elizabeth's Mum." Naomi took her hand and threw in a 'parents evening smile'

"Naomi," she said - desperately wanting to add 'Rob's lover' but stopping herself just in time, "Lizzie has told me all about you."

"All good I hope," said Hilary looking sidelong at Lizzie and for a moment Naomi thought about how wise it was to make up this particular story.

"Of course, Lizzie is always nice," adding, "She's a credit to you." She caught Rob's appreciative look at how she was beginning to manage his ex-wife.

Hilary gave a flat smile and ruffled her daughters untamed blonde hair but with little feeling. She looked around the large kitchen that had never been hers.

"So you've no family of your own to spend Christmas with Naomi?"

Naomi was just recovering and was considering an answer to this impertinence when Carla stood next to her, hands on hips, bottom lip protruding and a face of injured family pride.

"Mo'mee IS part of the family," she growled stamping her foot.

"Oh hello Carla, I nearly forgot you didn't I." Her tone was cold and mildly admonishing, as if she didn't really believe that Carla was part of the family either.

Naomi reached down and picked up Carla and rested her on her hip in a hug.

"That's not possible princess," said Naomi kissing her cheek, "no one can forget you can they; come on then Baby Girl, I think it's past your bedtime and you have to be up early for the leftover turkey we have to eat tomorrow," she tickled Carla who laughed, "Say night-night then Darling."

Carla yawned as if on cue, and flopped on Naomi's shoulder affecting a shy look.

"Night-night everyone," she waved and allowed herself to be taken around so each of her siblings and Dad could kiss her cheek.

"Well," said Hilary just loud enough for her to hear, "It's nice that the staff get so involved with the children, just like proper Nannies should..."

On the night she'd worn the dress, she'd practiced walking with the wiggle to make her bottom swing and knowing what a cow Rob's ex must be watching, she gave it 100%. She could almost feel the hatred burning into her back as she headed for the staircase. She had also surreptitiously undone two buttons on her blouse and scrunched a handful of loose material behind her back and into her jeans and exposed just enough cleavage and the lacy bra that caused it as she leaned over the rail so Carla could wave as they climbed the stairs, grinning and tickling her beloved girlie, totally at home.

In a moment of pure devilment she sneaked a 'slightly too long' quick look at Rob and wrinkled her nose at him and smiled.

Into the bathroom and Carla cleaned her teeth and let Naomi brush her hair, and padded into her bedroom grabbing her PJ's that Naomi helped her into, and she allowed her to tuck her in, slide T-Bear in next to her and whisper things about what they would do tomorrow. She kissed her goodnight one last time and switching on the bedside light tiptoed from the room.