Rousting a Recluse

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It's time for formal introductions -- a good conversation starter. I went to the mother and put my hand out, I'm Derrick Basser and you are? She replied, Katie Underhill while shaking my hand then wrapped her arms around my girth into a big hug and planted a kiss on my neck, pulling back with happy tears in her eyes.

I went to the teenager and said I'm sorry for yelling at you while putting my hand out to shake, I am Mister Derrick Basser. She did not shake my hand but jumped into my arms giving me a big hard bear hug and sniffled tears telling me her name is Britney.

I turned and dropped to a knee to ask "and who is this beautiful young lady that saved her family?" With a big ear-to-ear happy face grin she said I'm Jasmine and jumped into my arms giving me a super hug whispering into my ear, "I love you." Now I was tearing up. I looked over at Janet, she stated "already done." Then true to form saving me from an embarrassing moment Janet ask all -- anyone for more hot cocoa? The girls held out their thermo-cups.

The Sheriff Deputy and County Fire & Rescue Paramedics pulling a hovercraft finally arrived -- timely NOT. They got the low down, took some statements and pictures of the canoe and the open spring ice hole with broken ice clearly visible from my cabin since the snow stopped falling. The Paramedic took vitals and temperatures of us all, telling us we should still seek hospital medical attention (typical legal CYA). They told the mother they saw some bruising on her chest due to my rough CPR and she will be sore for a week or more since I may have cracked some of her ribs during CPR. She just gave them a smile and said thank you. Then Katie stared at me with a look I've never seen on a woman. Maybe it was gratitude, what ever that look was I was smitten by her.

Deputy and FD gave me a hearty atta-boy for my swift action in saving these three lovely ladies. The FD boys said it was a brilliant move using the canoe, few people would ever think of that. I stated, "I'm ex-Navy and an Engineer, it's the way I think."

There is an old NAVY RULE aboard all ships with pitching or rolling weather decks that must be religiously observed, "one hand for the Navy and one hand for you" or you might go overboard never to be seen again.

Seeing all of us are in good shape, no hypothermia affects, the Official's shoved off.

When Katie was talking to the Deputy, she stated they were staying in the far cabin on the other side of the lake and were walking around the parameter of the lake taking in the beauty of the sites and fluffy snowfall when this catastrophe hit. The ice just gave out from under them and all three plunged into the icy water. The mother immediately pushed the little girl up onto the ice yelling at her to go find help. The 6yr old saw my cabin and came running (oh how lucky they were as I'm the only winter lake resident). The mother kept trying to push her teenage daughter up onto the ice but the ice kept breaking under the teen's weight and she slid back into the icy water having nothing to grab onto. The mother kept trying to push the teen up onto the ice by kicking in the water as hard as she could, to no avail.

I apologize to the ladies as I felt guilty for their plight. Since living in my cabin every winter I go out onto the ice and plant warning flags around the spring to warn of the thin ice area as ignorant snowmobilers will sprint down the boat ramp onto the lake and rip around the lake oblivious to the dangers below. But the lake has only been iced over about a week and the temperatures have not gotten below 10°F this season. Most everyone knows you do not go out on the ice until the air temperature "remains" below 20°F dipping to colder overnight teens for a solid two weeks. Since I'm the only winter resident on the lake I did not consider this a pressing task to accomplish this year, yet.

I made five 3"-diameter 4' long enclosed PVC tubes, painted them with a red candy-cane stripe and affixed a blaze orange pennant-flag to each top. I use my 3" ice drill and plant the PVC tubes upright in the ice about 20 feet from the spring letting them freeze in. Come spring when the ice goes out they float on the water and I just retrieve them with my bass boat and refurbish for next year.

Katie asked me "are you required to do that?" NO, I do it to save stupid people, oops - sorry! She smiled saying so you are doing a civic service? She stated she was at fault for not checking with her Aunt about the lake ice since she has never been here or on a frozen lake before. Then both girls chimed in --- we are just glad Derrick was here to save us. I got more hugs and high fives. Jasmine then cuddled into my lap. I was truly smitten by all these ladies - is this what daughters would have been like?

I saw a sad happy in all their faces. They were glad to be alive but trying to hide a deep sadness. But they sure loved hot cocoa though. I fixed hot buttered-toddies for the adults as we all sat around the fireplace enjoying the warmth and shooting the bull.

I extended an invitation for super, as I knew a good warm meal would really help them. Janet was making a pork roast with caraway-seeds, sauerkraut, and all the trimmings. Did I tell you Janet is a great cook, she sure as hell is, and that's why I'm not shedding pounds faster too!

The girls wanted to help Janet in the kitchen, but Janet saw this one coming and diverted the girls showing them my auxiliary man-cave, on the second floor overlooking the living room. In the open loft between the bedrooms is a big screen with Cable-TV, Xbox & PlayStation, a real pinball machine, an air-hockey game, an 8' bar-pool table, a dartboard machine and a full bar. The fundamental bare-bones man-cave entertainment centre -- ha ha. The girls were ecstatic and went wild having a ball. It was good to hear the laughing, giggles, jousting, and occasional bickering between siblings that my cabin has never experienced.

Katie and I were taking in the fire when she began to tell me her story. Katie is almost 49, her daughter Britney (her clone) is 13, and her precocious Jasmine (a near clone) is 6. Katie told me that Jasmine was a 15th anniversary gift that ended her marriage. The Ex-husband abandoned the family as he had a vasectomy after Britney was born so he was convinced Katie cheated on him. He abandoned the whole family when Katie was three months pregnant with Jasmine and has never laid eyes on Jasmine or Britney since.

Katie and her kids are using her Aunt's cabin on the lake as a reprieve, hiding from her Ex-husband (that popped a red flag). Britney has become a handful hating their low income existence, constant moving, new schools, and everything a teenager can hate.

Katie's Ex was an only child, raised by two Ivy school PhD professors that had inherited great wealth allowing them to be sophisticated intellectuals of academia and an insider to New England political players (all things left -- aka libturds). He is just as spoiled holding a Harvard MBA. Katie met him in Graduate school and married him after their graduation.

DNA test on both girls and some genetic tracers proves 99.991% the Ex is Britney's AND Jasmine's biological father but he will not accept the results or responsibility. He has abandoned his children and divorced Katie leaving them no child support or alimony. The Ex and his parents want nothing to do with the girls.

Katie's Ex-in-laws have long tentacles into the east coast business world. They have professionally branded Katie a scarlet woman who cannot be trusted in love nor business making it impossible for Katie to get meaning employment.

Katie's parents were well off but died in a car accident her junior year of college. She has been living off her dwindling inheritance the past seven years. I sense there is much more to her story but I was not going to push. I let her know I was here for her and the girls. I really like Katie. She is a devoted mother doing the best she can under extreme duress and the girls are smart, super bright, and well mannered. Katie is doing it right. I sensed that Katie needed this conversation to unload some of her heavy burden as she has no other adults to talk too. I wanted to wrap my arms around her but I felt it would be too forward of me at this moment.

Katie's Klan

During supper Brutus and Cassius claimed their victims. Brutus put his head on Britney's lap, under the table, and Britney cemented his enduring love by slipping him table food. Jasmine did the same with Cassius. Usually I do not allow this but today was different, these girls needed love. So now Brutus and Cassius were glued to their selected girl. After super we all adjourned to the living room but the girls went to watch TV in the loft as I had cable that the girls have not been able to watch for some time. When the girls crashed on my loft recliner-sofa watching the big screen, Brutus put his head on Britney's lap and Cassius was in Jasmine's lap, both getting head/neck messages. Both dogs looked at me and just showed a blissful look of contentment while the girls concentrated on some Disney chick-flick.

I asked Janet if the rooms were ready and then talked Katie into spending the night. It was plain to see she was exhausted and I suspect she felt safe for the first time in a long time being in my home.

Earlier that afternoon when she was telling me her story I sensed real fear within her almost at a panic desperation level. I clearly do not have all of her story and it will take time to gain her trust -- but I have plenty of time.

We sat and enjoyed the fire sipping stiff Irish-coffees until Katie fell asleep on the living room sofa. She is a truly a beautiful woman with mesmerizing bright hazel eyes and auburn waste length long hair. Katie reminds me of Stephanie Powers in McLintock and Heart-to-Heart. She has an almost Barbie doll face above an amply Barbie chest -- she is spell binding and neck snapping head turner. Katie is so nice and friendly much like Janet and just as witty and as feisty as Janet too.

I scooped her up in my arms and took her to the first floor guest bedroom across from Janet's suite. She woke briefly in a start and then just smiled at me saying "thank you" laying her head back on my shoulder as I walked down the hall. Janet had the covers turned and I placed her in the queen bed covering her. Katie was out for the night.

Meanwhile I found both girls zonked out on the loft couch with the TV playing. I scooped each of them up and put them into their own bedrooms on the second floor, leaving their doors cracked open. Brutus went to Britney's bed side and Cassius crawled in with Jasmine. I told both dogs, in jest, they were traitors and got the 'who me boss' look as I walked out of the bedrooms chuckling.

Janet and I talked a few hours about what had just happened, heard, and compared notes. Janet stated this could be perfect for me. Huh, what the hell are you talking about this time? She just said she had to get to bed as the girls will likely be up early and she wants to make a special French toast strawberry breakfast for them. I made a security walk-about the cabin insuring all was locked up for the night then retired to my bed, I was totally bushed. I couldn't imagine how tuckered out my guests were after a day like today.

I got an uncomfortable feeling when seeing THAT LOOK in Janet's eyes, she is maneuvering into putting a plan in motion -- am I in deep shit?

The Morning After

The next morning I awoke to an ungodly cacophony of NOISE, it was females chattering, laughing, and giggling. Far worse than any chicken coop! The noise of four women talking took on a volume that was deafening in the cabin. It was loud all the way across the cabin - and who the hell opened my bedroom door letting all that noise into my room? Damn my peace IS over at 0815. OK, I over slept sue me -- shit that swim must have really took it out of me too.

I found all of them sitting at the breakfast bar that is part of the kitchen island. I harrumphed and rumbled to the kitchen for my morning cup of Hazelnut Cappuccino coffee getting a harmony of good-mornings from all -- I just waved a hand in acceptance. I am NOT a morning person -- I find mornings to be the curse of the damned, bah-humbug, but it does beat the alternative.

Janet informed all to be thankful that I gave them that much recognition, and they all giggled at my chagrin. I ambled off to my office in fuzzy slippers where I could close the door and relish quite again while checking my emails and reading FOX and WSJ News. I then hopped on my elliptical while watching FBN Varney & Company. I pulled a bottle of water from my office bar reefer and kept pumping. The one nice thing about these two Varney hours is it allows me to think, reflect on yesterday, and create plans for today. I decided I wanted to get to know these ladies. After the pump I did my 3S's and got back on my computer.

I was sitting at my desk looking at my six monitors when Jasmine came into my office and crawled into my lap. She marveled at my monitors mumbling something about being in a space ship since my HAM radios are right behind me too. Then she asked "whatcha doin?" I told her I was looking at my investments. "Investa-what's?"

I pointed out some graphs and numbers on the main big monitor explaining the up and down trend lines of what I see and what it means to me. She was very focused and actually pointed out an anomaly in the data I'd overlooked -- sharp cookie. I looked up and there was Katie leaning on the office door jamb with a smile on her face looking at both of us. At that moment Cassius came strolling in looking for her newest best friend jumping on my chair wanting up too. Well that broke Jasmine's concentration and they went off to play -- Cassius is in heaven. Katie gazed at me a little longer stating "lunch is ready" then turned and left closing the door behind her. Wow, what a figure. The lecher in me is coming out again -- down boy.

About an hour later Katie came back into my office, sipping her coffee, quietly waltzing around my office looking at my awards, degrees, certificates, pictures, antique radio collection, my HAM radio setup, books, etc. taking it all in. Then she plopped into my visitor's chair looking at me - not staring just looking. I was getting nervous thinking, what did I do now, but her look was not accusatory or threatening almost loving. I broke the trance by asking Katie "what's today's plan?" I startled Katie, who quickly began thanking me for all I've done and that they have intruded on my life far too much.

I cut her off abruptly, stating "it was no intrusion, I'm glad I was there for you, and you never need to apologize or thank me for any of this. It was my honor to be of service." Katie jumped up from her chair flew around my desk sat on my lap and planting a kiss on me that could melt all the ice in the lake. I was flabbergasted, shocked to the core, I've never felt that much love from one person towards me my whole life. It was not a kiss of sex but of profound gratitude teetering into desire.

After what seemed like five minutes Katie pulled back red faced panting and excused herself. Katie stated she didn't know what came over her. I became chivalrous stating "you are most welcome my lady". She blushed harder and we both busted out in hysterical laughter. I'm sure the look on my face triggered her hysterics. I'm just glad Katie jump off my lap as my Johnson was now a titanium rod looking for a home, most embarrassing.

I realized at that very moment I want to be involved in Katie's life.

But there was an elephant in this room I wanted, no needed to know about. I asked Katie to close my office door and sit down. I saw a fear in her eyes and it had nothing to do with yesterday's ice event.

I asked, "I want, no I need, to know why you and the girls are so scared?" Katie said you've noticed, huh? Then took a deep cleansing breath and recapped what she told yesterday and then went forward to a very private part of her life.

Katie started by telling me for the last two years she's been blackmailed into being a sex slave to keep her daughters safe. Her Ex-husband had a Harvard frat brother date rape her five years ago, just after Jasmine's birth, getting video and pictures of a four man train they forced upon her. An act she still does not remember. Her Ex told her if she did not do as he instructed he would use the video's to prove she was an unfit mother and take her girls away. She told him to go to hell and started running.

Two years ago he changed that threat into a vicious unconscionable threat against their girls and is able to track her everywhere. Now the Ex pimps Katie every few months under the blackmail threat that if she does not do as she is told he will have Brit and Jas kidnapped and sold into sex slavery outside the USA. He said she would never ever see her babies again. She only has an Aunt and the few friends she did have all bailed away due to her Ex's threats at them. She has been moving from town to town doing minimum wage jobs trying to shake him. Just as she gets established she is found and the pimping demands are forced upon her. Katie is scared for her children and cannot understand how her Ex locates her or gets her phone number.

I asked about her cell phones -- she has dumped three and changed her number three times with the latest in the name of an old college friend. She does not allow the girls to have a cell phone -- she cannot afford them. The Ex some how has gotten recent pictures of a nude Britney.

A few things Britney has said or more the way she said things put a bug in my psyche. Did I tell you that my degrees are in Electronics with a lifelong hobby in HAM Radio and technology in general? Or I was once attached to USN NIS now NCIS?

The lake is too far from the nearest cell-tower for normal cellphones use -- it's a cell blackout area. But I put up a special cellphone repeater system on my HAM Radio tower allowing me to use my cellphone anyplace on the lake or property. With 'my' cell-repeater I can see all devices accessing 'my' cell-repeater, I usually leave it open an open for all to use. I brought up the cellphone repeater PC control program and saw two new devices listed on the users list and both are active connecting to the main cell system. One was Katie's cellphone but who is the other cellphone? I know my ESN and I know Janet's and there is no one else on the lake. Hmmmm.

I blocked this unknown cellphones ESN access to 'my' cell-repeater. But before doing so I tried to drop a Blue-bug into the phone via the open Bluetooth port (which in itself told me the cellphone was inside my cabin). A Blue-bug (is illegal) as it can covertly record all calls, texts, pictures, GPS locations, turn on the cell microphone and camera in real-time eavesdropping on all without the cell owner ever knowing it is happening and dumping that data to another cell phone. However, when I looked into this rogue cellphone I found it already had an older much simpler Blue-bug reporting to unique cell number. I removed that Blue-bug and dropped my newer Blue-bug in its place and locked this open port - closed. I told Katie she needed to have a very serious talk with Britney as I suspect Britney has a hidden cellphone.

Soon paging through some of the texts we saw that in fact it was Britney. I showed Katie all of what I was doing and seeing to insure she understood and approved. Needless to say Katie was furious with Britney and wanted to skin her alive or worse.

I calmed Katie down and explained it was likely Britney was unknowingly reporting her location and more to this Blue-bug cell number. I suspected the cellphone was a gift from her father to keep tabs on the family disguised as a loving act of a father to his daughter. Britney did not know of the blackmail the Ex was forcing on her mother. I again calmed Katie down and told Katie you're safe now. Brit's cell phone cannot be used here at the lake.