Sam Spade 07: Case of the Wayward Sister

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She turned when the door opened and she heard a man's rough voice. Hearing him mistake her purpose, Ari bristled. She cocked her head, her smile widened as she let her fangs extend.

"Look, as I've already told others like you, we are not a smorgasbord for your hunger. My business is to feed desires of the flesh that my lady and I have. If you and your clan want to fight over it with us then so be it," looking the vampire in the eyes, his eyes go pitch black with power, "But be warned. Our last fight with vampires, I lost only three girls and the entire clan in Nevada felt the deserts daytime heat."

"I believe you have mistaken me for someone else sir. I am not here for my own needs. I certainly would not come here to have them fulfilled." Arianne started, the smile now gone. She took a breath and stated, "I am here on behalf of a Miss Sam Spade."

"Sam? Sam Spade?" He said as if not remembering for a moment. "Ahh yes, such a remarkable woman! Any friend of hers is welcome to my home. I apologize for my rudeness earlier, but, as you can guess, we have had trouble with vampires in the past, many years ago. If I had only known you were here on her behalf, I would have invited you in right away. A friend of Sam Spade, to my home and business is indeed welcomed." He stood out of the way so the woman could enter.

Arianne bowed her head to the man as she quickly walked into the place. She glanced back to where Sam was before having the door close on her. She waited just inside for him to escort her somewhere to talk. "I understand, would help though if you said 'May I help you?' before making assumptions when opening the door." She chuckled as they walked together down the hall. She made sure she turned her head around so Sam could see everything. Nice wood paneling on the walls with pictures of ladies dressed in various exotic clothing and poses.

As I reclined in the car I tried to scream "No, don't go in the house to Arianne!" I didn't trust Jason or Maradith after I had forced my way into their house.

"I will remember that next time. If you will come this way, I'll show you to a sitting room we can talk in private about Sam." He came to the first door on the right and opened it for the woman. "After you, dear lady. Please make yourself comfortable while I get us something to drink." The room had four chairs facing each other with a round table in the middle of them. He walked her to one of the seats, "What's your tastes for? Wine, brandy, mixed drink? I would offer you blood but we don't keep any in stock and my staff is not allowed to offer themselves in that way."

She walked into the room and scanned it. It was a lovely room full of what looked like old leather chairs comfortably arrange for a meeting. It reminded her of things from her past. With a silent sigh, Arianne turned to him, "Nothing for me thank you. I am still quite full from dinner." She giggled at her play on words.

Jason chuckled under his breath as he shut the cabinet where the drinks are stored. "Well, that just leaves me with my simple taste then." He pulled a bottle of beer out of the fridge and walked over to the chair sitting directly across from the woman. "I'm sorry again for my rude greeting, and for my lack of manners so far. I have yet to introduce myself. My name is Jason, and Maradith, the other co-owner, is currently dealing with some punishment for one of our ladies here. I hope you will understand."

Looking around, Arianne gave Sam a nice view of what she saw. ~At least the room is nice, despite his manners. ~ She thought, not sure if Sam could hear. She watched him sit and excused his better half, the one he called Maradith. Something gave her the chills as she heard the name. She pushed the uneasy feeling away and nodded. She had to wonder what sort of place punishes ladies. "Quite alright.... I don't think I need to speak with both of you to get what I need accomplished." She shifted in her chair as she continued, "So down to business..."

"If you insist, but I was hoping that I could at least know the name of the woman I'm speaking with. After that, I'm all ears for anything that Sam may have sent you here to discuss." Jason replied.

Arianne smiled and knew she purposely withheld her name from him. It was a trick she learned. She nodded and spoke. "Now it is my turn to apologize sir, I am Arianne, a friend to our Miss Spade" She glanced at his drink now wishing she took something herself. Her eyes traveled to his. "Would you mind if I asked for a glass of red wine after all?"

"Wine it is." he got up and pours a glass for Arianne. As he returned to the table, he handed it to her. "So, Arianne, what is the item or items that are up for discussion that Sam wished to talk about? And why didn't she just come here on her own?"

Taking the wine, she nodded and addressed his concerns. "Our friend Miss Spade had other pressing business to attend to and asked me to come on her behalf to set up a meeting time and place conducive to all. Would you know someone named Margaret, perhaps working for you now?" Sipping the wine, she licked her lips. "Thank you for this, Jason."

"You're welcome. So, a time and a place, huh?" he thought for a moment "I'm guessing she's worried about her actions earlier." short pause "Maradith and I are willing to meet with Miss Spade at any time and any location that she wishes. We would prefer some place that isn't very crowded, though. Maradith does tend to cause some disruption to others even when she is trying not to do so."

Arianne listened to him and watched his movements. She nodded at his willingness to comply so eagerly. ~He seems to be meeting your demands Sam. Though he did not mention Margaret, he does know her however. ~ Looking at him again she raised her eyebrow in mere curiosity. "Oh... what happened with Miss Spade earlier?"

"She came looking for an acquaintance of hers that was hiding out here, without my knowledge, and she put a gun to my head to ask where she was. I mean that literally by the way," a chuckle in his voice on the last part. "That's where Maradith is right now, meting out some punishment for that lady on Miss Spade's behalf."

"I see.... well she certainly knows how to get her point across." She paused and took a sip of the wine. Placing the glass on the table she looked Jason straight in the eyes, "But then so do I." Lowering her head Arianne chuckles again. "I propose a neutral place, say a park or playground after hours. How would this suit your needs?"

"Maradith and I have so little needs, but if Sam wishes for you to be there, as well, then I agree with a park or playground after sunset."

She sighed; nothing was said about her being present at the future meeting. "I see you have not learned about assuming Jason." Ari chuckled and chastised him for his thinking.

The door opened and closed. A figure stood there and smiled as Jason looked up. "What do you think, Mar?"

Arianne shifted again and shifted her eyes from him to the figure now in front of the door. She tilted her head, thinking. ~She is just as you described... no wonder you did not wish to come back.~ She stood up to be polite and refrained from shaking the woman's hand. "Maradith...what do you think?"

Maradith answered in a voice just dripping with sex appeal "I think that it will be a nice idea, any time of yours and Sam's choosing, young vampire.

Feeling the sex ooze from this dark creature, she felt rather annoyed than turned on. Though it was something she missed in her life, it was not something she wanted to feel from a stranger. She met Maradith's eyes and swallowed smiling. The heat and sex coming from this dark one was something she read about but was glad it only tickled and not the effect everyone else was hoping for. "Nice try demon but I am not interested. Not my type." Arianne finally said as she hissed at the demon shrugging off the attack she knew it was meant to be.

"You can pass a message on to her for me, since she's listening in to your thoughts right now. Miss Spade, if this meeting is to get Jason and I to leave town, then it is best to just let us know before the meeting somehow. We have no intentions of leaving."

With shock in his voice he exclaimed, "Sam is listening in? Well, she is more ingenious than I thought she was." He seemed to get excited now, as if the game had changed in his favor. "Hey Sam, you have my utmost respect, just name the exact time and place, and we'll be there."

Arianne turned to Jason. "Thank you for your time. I see it is time to leave. Miss Spade shall see you at midnight on Thursday in the local park. Oh and bring Margaret with you." With that said she stormed out from the room and held back her desire to rip apart the demon.

The link broke and I watched as Arianne slammed the door as she left the house. Leaning over I opened the car door and waited for her to sit down. Looking at her, I realized that she was not the same woman who had left the car. I could feel her anger at their arrogance.

I knew from Arianne's silence as we drove back to her part of town that my payment, whatever she decided it would be, was going to be steep. Looking at her though, I hopped it would be something akin to Lady's payment. Even when mad Arianne was beautiful. When I stopped the car, she sat there a moment and said not looking at me, "I'll be there all right, if she thinks she can seduce me..." She got out still mumbling angrily and walked off.

I looked down at where she had been seated and where her fingers had mangled the armrest on the drive back. Looking back at her as she walked off, I said softly, "Note to self, never piss off a vampire."

Chapter 10

The next day was busy; the girls were all abuzz about baby names. Not being able to take their giggles and actions, with the worries from the night before haunting me, I headed to the office. I called Leanne and broke the news about her sister. Surprisingly she took it well and agreed for me to pick her up on the way to the park. I thought about Arianne and smiled, I rather hoped I could do for her what I did for Lady when it came time to pay her cost. It was surprising; the black flower Lady had given me still sat in the glass case next to my bear looking as fresh as the morning I found it.

It was dark when I picked Leanne up. Throughout the drive she kept quiet, playing with the bible in her hands. I stayed quiet also, I had a good idea how well she would be able to convince her sister to leave the brothel. I had encountered Maradith's mind for a few moments and now could not go a day without wearing latex. The thought of Margaret being in close contact day in and day out led me to believe that the woman Leanne called sister was dead.

I walked out to the park with Leanne beside me, the full moon lighting it up as if it were daytime on a cloudy day. Not speaking I motioned her to set herself on one side of the picnic table. Arianne I knew was out there in the darkness scouting. Looking back at Leanne I smiled, "Don't worry we are a few minutes early."

She nodded and played with the bible in her hands, "It's ok Miss Spade, I'm just thankful that you found her." She looked down and added, "I'm sure once I talk to her she will give up her evil ways and go back on the narrow path."

Arianne came from behind them as she emerged from the shadows. "It seems all clear, Sam." She said wiping her mouth of a drop of blood. She could not sense anyone nearby so she felt it safe for them. "If you like, I will make another sweep."

As Arianne walked up I smiled, I would be willing to bet it was not clear before. I was learning to tell the change in the skin tone of a vampire who has just fed versus one who was still hungry. "No that's ok," I said as she walked up. "Tonight all you should have to do is be here. I don't think they will try anything but it is better to be safe than sorry." Looking around once more, I dropped my voice so that Leanne could not hear, "Get enough to eat?" and smiled.

Arianne giggled as she nodded to the question. "Okay I will just be part of the scenery as it were. I will have your back if they do try anything funny." She looked over my shoulder and said, "Show time."

Turning, I saw three people walking towards me. They soon revealed themselves as Jason, Maradith, and someone else. "It's us," Jason says loudly. Just as they reached us he looked over his shoulder and said to the succubus, "No games tonight, honey. We've got other business to attend to back at home."

As the three reached Arianne and I, I pulled out the photograph of Margaret and looked at her, other than her clothing it was the same girl. Shaking Jason's hand, I smiled and said, "Thank you for agreeing to this meeting." I looked at the succubus, "Maradith." Looking finally at Margaret I said, "Margaret, your sister has been worried about you. Will you go talk to her please?"

Behind me I hear Leanne calling, "Margaret? Is that you?"

Arianne stepped up behind me on the right side. I knew that any sign of change in Maradith, would give Ari a reason to act on her earlier threat. However, I hoped that by her having just fed, it would keep her docile, despite the earlier meeting between them.

"Go on, Margaret, Find out what your sister wants." Jason looked back at me as Margaret walked slowly towards her sister, "So all of this was about that missing person case? Well, while those two talk, do we just stand here and shoot the breeze or is there another table where we can sit?"

I nodded, "I thought it would be best for them to meet here instead of Leanne going to your..." I paused, "house." Glancing at Maradith I add, "No offence meant." Looking around I saw a table off to one side, "We could sit or if you rather, I see someone has not stolen the tetherball yet, up for a game?" I laugh, the thought of two humans, a succubus and vampire playing tetherball in the middle of the night filling me. "How about that table over there?" I said pointing to one side. I glance at the sisters from here I could see the bible in Leanne's hand as she was talking to Margaret.

Ari nodded at the suggestion and started to move towards it, laughing at the joke I made. She seemed relaxed which made me feel a lot better. As we reached the table, she sat down at the bench and watched the two sisters for a moment, a look of hope, for lack of a better word, crossed her face.

"No offense taken, Miss Spade." Maradith responded calmly as if everyday someone accused her of not playing fair.

Jason looked at the tetherball hanging on the pole and laughed, "I'm not really wearing my play clothes tonight, maybe some other time we can play some tetherball." Standing at the table as we all sat he watched the two sisters, "I hope she doesn't try to use that to knock some sense into Margaret. It looks like it would hurt." Once I was seated, he sat down across from me.

Watching them I said, "Yea it does look like it would hurt." Turning back, I look at Jason and added with a smile, "I don't think the good book was written for that purpose." Pausing I launch into my other reasons for this visit, "Please forgive my churlish manners the other day. It was umm," I pause, "Rude to bust in like I did." I felt a blush rise on my face and looked away, "Anyways, I'm sorry." I looked at the sisters. Though I could not hear the words, it seemed as if the talk was not going as Leanne had planned. From their posture as they stood across from each other, I guessed they were arguing. Looking back at Jason I said, "I hear you have been having some problems with the mob."

I had forgotten Arianne was there sitting beside me until I felt her hand on my leg resting lightly as if to say it's ok. I marveled at how anyone could sit so still as if to fade into the background. I could see her frown as she watched the sisters fighting. I wondered if her hearing was acute enough to make out the words, or if that was just another one of those myths akin to vampires being evil.

"Forgiven and taken care of. If I had known the girl was in your bad graces earlier, I would have sent her back to you with a red bow around her neck," Jason said with emphasis on the word neck. "As for the mob, well, they've sent a few goons over to talk to us, and I let Maradith and her girls talk to them in private. I haven't heard anything from them for some time since the last couple came around last week...and left three days ago." He said laughing.

I looked at Maradith, "Would you be willing to come to my house and train my girls for one night Maradith? What you have taught Angela is indescribable." Looking at Jason I add, "In return I will deal with the mob so you will never have to worry about them."

"I'd love to come and train your girls, Miss Spade, and I'm glad you enjoy what I've taught Angela," replied Maradith. "As long as Jason is okay without me at the brothel for a night," Turning to him she added, "Can you handle all those women on your own for one night, lover?"

Jason smiled at her, "I think I can manage, honey." Turning back to look at me he adds, "And Sam, I am appreciative for that offer to handle them for me."

A movement caught my eye and I turned to look, a soft "Oh shit" coming unbidden from my lips. I watched as Margaret comes stalking towards us. Leanne stopped her and spun her around. I could not hear what was said but knew it wasn't good. Finally, Margaret reached out and the two sisters hugged and walked towards us arm in arm.

Arianne nodded beside me, as the meeting seemed to go smoothly. She watched the sisters tensing. When they turned towards us, I could feel her relax once more.

Jason said softly, "Ah, just love it when siblings are able to get along after a fight. I wonder what they decided."

I replied, "I think we are about to find out," just as they walk up.

Leanne clung to Margaret as if she were a life preserver in the middle of the ocean. She looks at us not speaking until her sister says softly, "It's ok little bit"

Leanne gulped and said looking at the table, "Mr. Maurice?"

Margaret whispered to her, "Jason."

Leanne nodded slightly, "Jason, can I have a job?" she looks at me and says, "Miss Spade I know what you are thinking, but I am not that type of girl. I just want to be with my sister." Her voice takes on a childlike quality, "You understand don't you?"

I nodded, "Yes dear I do."

Jason looked at Maradith a long time before standing, "You're hired, young lady. I guess you are not looking for the usual job at my business, so I'm sure there are a few jobs around the place I can come up with for you that will keep you away from things that may trouble your spirit. Just one request, do not preach to my other girls while you are there. Most of them won't take too kindly to it."

Standing I leaned over the table to shake Jason's hand. Walking over to Leanne I hug her and say, "I am sure it will all work out Leanne." I glance at Margaret, "When you lose patience with your little sister, just remember what she gave up to be with you." She looked solemn and nodded.

"Come on, Maradith, looks like we have an employee to get set up in her new room." Jason said, he turned to me and added, "Sam, I'm glad to see that you are a good person, I give you my word that she will be well taken care of. Give me a call to set up a time for Maradith to come around." He hands me his card and turns away.

I sat back down and said softly, "Arianne would you please escort them out of the park." I looked at her and smiled, "Perhaps you will find a snack along the way."

Arianne looked at me and nodded, a sly smile on her lips, "Yes Sam, a little snack would be nice right about now. She stood and hurried to catch up with the others, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

After everyone had left, I stood, walked over to the other table and looked at the forgotten bible. Picking it up I opened and then read the inscription, "To Little Bit, love always in God's name, Margaret." I sighed and placed the bible back on the table, "Just as well she forgot it, and she won't need it for what she will soon be doing." I looked out at the empty park, another case solved. I brought the two sisters back together. I pulled out a cigar and lit it as I walked to my car slowly. "Yea, I solved a case, but I don't feel good about it," I said softly giving the bible behind me one last look.