Silver Moon - Were-Bear Fan Fic

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
maxd01
maxd01
654 Followers

~~~

Dan was relaxing in the main living area with Pam curled up next to him. Both were watching some show on the TV and Dan really missed the big 86" back at the old Manor. Though their tech for computers was significantly advanced other tech like TV's weren't. It would be classified as a late eighty's early ninety's set. The show was similar to some of the westerns he had watched over the years. Beyond that there was very little comparison between shows from his world and here.

Pam was leaning against Dan enjoying the feeling of safety and security he gave her. She was still more than a bit shocked that they were mated officially and literally days after she had invited him home. Her fox was pleased though and if the darn thing had been a cat it would have a cat in the cream look as well as purring. For that she got a slight snort from her fox.

When Shannon contacted him at first Dan wasn't concerned but as the youngin' kept talking he changed expressions. He sat up and gently urged Pam away from his side. He opened his mouth, called on pack powers and sent out a commanding howl. It was hard but not angry. Till he knew what the situation was he wasn't going to get angry. The howl called for Maric and the rest of the security team to report to his office immediately.*Shannon if you can keep watch on him while you stay upwind do so. If he even vaguely seems to notice you watching him...leave. That is an order that will be obeyed young man.*

"Gotta go Pam, seems we have a travel'in man over by the lake. He startled the kids and Shannon sent the others back while he kept watch." Dan stood and stalked to his office and had to grin when Amarish was on his desk in an almost cute little adventures set of clothing. Small lace up boots, kakhi shorts and long sleeved shirt not to mention his sword over his back like Dan carried his. "And what are you doing stinker?" Dan was grinning when he said it.

Amarish mock saluted him. "Dis wee fox reporting for duty." He and his sister had chosen not to go with since they wanted time with their guardians. Both were learning just who they were, their personalities, and habits.

Dan just snorted at him for the moment. Since he, at this point, didn't know that the intruder was a were of some sort he chose not to change. Instead he pulled his shoulder holsters and pistols from his safe and geared up. Currently he was carrying a custom revolver he had made for him. It was using a .50 cal. round cartridge and was designed based on one he had back in his world. Yes the damn thing was almost ridiculous looking but after long thought Dan decided he needed it. It took one hell of a wad of lead to slow down a wolf that included even if you were using one of the various silver rounds.

He grabbed his sword and sheathed it and slipped it on before picking Amarish up. "If I tell you git you git. If you don't I will paddle your tail or toss you to the pups for more fun." He was feeling deadly serious when he said that.

"Yes Pack Lord I understand." Amarish was still trying to figure out the proper way to address Danny when being formal.

By the time the four other wolves came in Dan nodded. "You two change and wait in back. You two go get armed." With that he walked out of the room towards the backyard. They children ran up and started chattering at him. "Stop, only one of you talk." He looked at Nancy and nodded.

She quickly gave Dan what information she had. It basically boiled down to 'a huge man (they thought) with a beard that made Dan's look pathetic jumped in the pond and Gianni hooked his ass'. That and he had been rather fat and nude.

Dan nodded at the description. "Go inside and stay there till I tell you otherwise." The other two were back now and the six of them set out.

Even though Dan and two of the team were in human form they all moved with silent skill. The two wolves spread out to the sides and started searching for the man. Since they knew where he had encountered the kids they headed there first. Once there they found his scent and all of them across the board had to blink.

Dan frowned and carefully sniffed again and swore. "Fuck this is some sort of were as well but I don't recognize the base scent. Use silver rounds if needed." As he flipped the cylinders open on his two revolvers the other two were swapping magazines out as well. Once done, he started moving more quietly, using only the pack bonds to communicate. He updated the two in wolf form as well.*Identify where he is if you find him and stay back till we get there.*

It actually didn't take all that long for them to find him and Dan had to blink since the intruder was now in an ursine form. The damn thing was huge! Just from looking at it, the bear was a good ten foot from nose to tail and had to weigh well over half a ton. He actually shuddered slightly since he would really hate to have to fight him. Nobody would walk away from that fight uninjured. He noticed the pups fishing rods were all laying neatly next to a backpack that seemed more patches than pack. The other thing that made Dan smile a little was a truly impressive pile of black berries piled on a corner of a tarp near where the bear was sleeping.

"George sneak closer and tell me what you can scent." Dan had already pulled his revolver though he wasn't aiming it as of yet. He wanted to know if the individual might be a threat before actually shooting him. Amarish was standing on Dan's shoulder with his little sword out and blue fox fire flames emanating from it.

As George crept closer the bear moved faster than expected and had scooped up George. Dan's revolver came up, as well as the two assault weapons. Before they actually fired Dan noticed the bear appeared to still be asleep. He was using a tongue as large as a place mat on George and was licking him. George was doing all he could to escape but it looked rather futile.

"Huh, well George it seems you made a new friend today. Should I give you some privacy?" At this point Dan wasn't feeling any sort of negative spiritual energy from the bear so he relaxed some.

Suddenly the bear made a hacking noise that in a smaller animal would sound cute, but in an animal this size sounded like small arms fire! It released the wolf which scampered back and gave it room as it began to cough and wheeze. The bear got to its feet and soon it gave a final cough and a clump of stems and leaves popped out of its mouth to splat by the blackberry bushes.

The bear turned its head to see a couple of wolves, and a couple of humans seeming to watch it in stunned fascination and extreme curiosity. It rolled to where it sat on the ground, rear legs in front, paws dangling between its legs and snuffled the air at them, and it almost appeared to look sheepish.

The bear changed and Dan's eye grew wide as it took in a naked hairy man who was...well...ridiculously massive. Hell Aiden would probably look small next to him. Granted a goodly portion was fat but he could easily see the bulging muscle under the fat.

"Sorry 'bout that!" The man called in a gruff voice. "Them berries is so tasty I couldna' help but scarf them by the handful, got a little too much ruffage in with it! He heh!" He stood and picked up his overalls and began to put them on. "You happen to see a pocket knife aroun'? I seem to have misplaced mine."

He paused for a moment, and stared at the group of wolves again; he took a longer sniff and then smiled.

"Oh! Y'alls werewolves aint'cha? You happen to be kin to that pack of youngsters that run off? I got their fishing poles over by the pond if they see fit to come back and get'em."

He finished dressing and then put on his wide straw hat. "Names Grover by the way...Grover Solomon Brooks. Pleased to meetcha!"

Dan contemplated the male for a few. "Grover? I am Alpha Danilo Legarith though I go by Dan. I guess you would want to be called Grover instead of Mr. Brooks?" Dan asked in a firm voice though there were definite traces of humor since George was still rubbing against trees and rolling in the dirt to get the slobber even somewhat off.

"Ya' guessed rightly!" Grover said with a grin as he began to gather up the berries and carefully tying the tarp together. He snagged a few more berries and popped them into his mouth. There was some juice that escaped from the corner of his lips that trickled into his beard staining it a dark purple color.

"My pappy was called Mr. Brooks...I'm just Grover. Well, unless you're a young'un...better to call me Mr. Brooks then since we gotta make sure ta' know respect and such." The large werebear eyed Dan critically and Dan straightened and appeared to tense up at the obvious once over he was receiving. It made Grover snort, which sounded like a phone book being torn in half!

"You's gotta be the Alpha for SURE I reckon!" Grover said with a low chuckle. "Let me guess...just cuz I was eyeing you up got your tail in a knot with your whole top dog bunch a hooey?"

It took Dan a moment to process what Grover was saying before he grinned and sent out his feelings toward the large man. He did have to roll his eyes since he had just said he was Alpha. What he received back was not so much odd...but different. What he felt from Grover was that he wasn't either dominant or submissive...or anywhere in between. He was just, for lack of a better word, passive! Very, very big and very, very passive.

"I'm sorry to have scared your little critters Dan. They took off so fast I almost started lookin' behind me to see what must have set fire to their britches. When I found out it was me that set them to scurryin off...well...kinda hurt ma' feelin's." Grover grumbled as he walked past the group of wolves. It seemed to unnerve Saul a bit that this...Grover...just ignored them the way he did. Most folks would be close to pissing themselves to have a pack of wolves ready to attack, this guy didn't even seem to register them as a threat!

Dan realized he still had his massive revolver in hand and finally holstered it. Once that was done he reached up and petted Amarish's ears. "Okay son you can put the mouse sticker away." Amarish calmed the fire and tucked his sword back in as well.

Grover peered at the little fox, blinked again, shook his head and rubbed his eyes and then grinned wide as he finally believed what his eyes were showing him.

Then he shrugged and gave the little fox a wink!

Saul began to speak when he felt the prompting of his Alpha to let it go. Saul glanced over at Dan who had a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips but other than that his face was neutral.

Grover picked up the fishing poles in one hairy hand and tucked his tarp full of berries under his other arm and nodded at Dan.

"I'm a' guessin' that this here is ya'lls land so I gonna go that direction to see if I can find some more vittles in town, maybe replace my pocketknife while I'm at it too. Is that the best way?" He held out the fishing poles for the Alpha to take.

Dan thought about his answer. He carefully looked over the scruffy man with dirty feet, berry stained hands and beard and a small twinkle in his beady dark eyes.

"You want to bring those poles back to the cubs? They already feel bad about leaving them behind. I know Nancy put in a lot of extra time in her chores so she could get one. Same with Gianni, sure you want to move on or would you like to visit them? Maybe return their property and show them you're not the big scary stranger they thought you were?" He was rather curious about the whole Were-bear thing. It was also a test to see the kind of man he was.

Grover scratched the side of his head with the tips of the fishing rods and grimaced as a hook got wrapped in his hair. He pulled it out with a small grunt as some scraggly hair got stuck in it. He twirled the rods carefully to take the slack out of the fishing line while thinking.

"I ain't spent much time with wolves before...usually I just move on before I cause them a headache which they try to return wit' a heavy dose of teeth." He sighed and scuffed a big toe in the ground digging up a rock the size of a butter dish from the forest floor.

"I reckon I can do so...ya'll got a garden?"

Dan had to roll his eyes at the man again. "I have seven Kitsunes from seven splinter clans at my house, I have the clan leader, her son and my submissive that is his mate and two little spirit Kitsunes. I don't think having a were-bear is going to be to big of a deal." Dan thought to himself. He gave a mental sigh, but outwardly he nodded his head in the affirmative.

When Dan nodded and Grover brightened at that. "You got fresh veggies? Maybe even some watermelon?"

"We can always look and see." Dan said, his smile getting wider. He wasn't too sure about the big bear, but he thought it might not hurt to get to know him better. Especially if he was a wandering sort...might be good to alert the neighbors or the other packs if the man was headed their way. Also he could keep a close eye on this...Grover person to see what sort he was.

Grover walked alongside the Alpha, which seemed to rankle the other wolves to no end! He was asking questions about the land, how big it was, the garden, what did they grow, what sort of animals they kept...

None....

"None? NONE? Hopscotchin' hotdogs there Dan! How do you feed all your kin if you don't got some kinda cattle program? You jus' buyin' all the meat you eat?" Grover asked with a shocked look on his face.

"We're wolves...we hunt most of our meat." Dan replied. "I also filched my mate from the store we normally go to. I have the feeling the manager is thinking evil thoughts at me. So...is that your way of asking for a job?" His voice was relatively neutral. He could hear a few mutters and a definite growl from George.*Silence and just keep watch on him.*

"Saints alive!" Grover shook his head. "Ya'lls gotta start thinking further ahead than that..." his voice trailed off as he appeared to be deep in thought. Which also made him oblivious to the growls coming from the wolves behind him and the frown from Dan who was walking next to him.

"Well...I could be wrong. Ya' obviously been doin' this whole wolf thing a while now. Ya'll probably figured out how to do this...but still...Zeus! I'm surprised you haven't thought of cattle before. Teach the little chiller...childer....Dag Blast it! Teach your young'uns how to raise beef. Could be handy livin' in a city."

Grover smiled suddenly as a thought occurred to him, "Ya' got your mate from a grocery store?" He snickered and Dan's eyes narrowed. The big man waved a hairy hand the size of a dinner plate at him.

"Don' get yer' dander up! Jus' the way ya' says it was...!" The big man guffawed loudly making Amarish jump on Dan's shoulder and look at the werebear in surprise. Grover peered more closely at the little fox and the two eye balled each other.

"Now why when I smell ya' do you smell like a' mouse?" Grover rumbled the question at Amarish. "I know's you ain't one, you're too big, for one and ya' look like one of those kitsu...shitsu...dadgum!" Grover finished glumly.

"I can never 'member the name of those foxy folk!" He grumped and adjusted his pack with the back of a meaty hand.

At this point Amarish had one elbow resting on the top of Dan's head with the palm holding his head up. His legs were crossed and he looked very comfortable. When the bear thing mentioned he smelled like a mouse he almost did something and then decided to snicker. "I is leader of Danny's Anti-mousy squad. He gave me that job when we's come back from the big house. My job is to ensure the mousy's don't get a toe hold in any of the buildings. Once killed why wastes dead mousy so eats them." Just for good measure he pulled a mouse out of the air and tossed it in his mouth and munched it down. Just to be nice he pulled another one out and held it out to the bear thing.

Grover grinned in delight, and watched as Amarish dropped it in his palm. He flicked it up like a large kernel of popcorn and let it fall in his mouth. He quietly crunched it then paused to pull the tail out from between his teeth and toss it to the side of where they were walking.

"Could'a used a touch o' salt, but not bad. Prefer them hot m'self, their little tails is all cold an' such goin' down. Thank you! Wha's your name?" Grover asked the little fox.

Amarish contemplated the man and then gave him a rather toothy grin. He snapped his little sword out and ignited it and a mouse appeared on it. Just to be a stinker he started whistling. If you knew what to look for it would almost look like he was cooking a marshmallow over a camp fire. He eyed it critically and delicately sniffed it before putting his fox fire out and held the tip of the sword out in Grover's direction. "One lightly fried mousy and I is Amarish!"

Grover gave another booming guffaw of a laugh that flattened Amarish's whiskers to the side of his face and took the proffered mouse. The werebear crunched it with an appreciative rumble between large teeth.

Dan decided not to get too testy with the bear. It was obvious he meant well...just he could afford to be a little more civil. Feeling the man a little deeper he saw it there again, a good man, but given to speak his mind, and with no sense of entitlement...wait...no, a small sense of entitlement. But to what Dan couldn't make out.

They came to the large house and the females and children could be seen looking out from the windows. Grover squinted his beady eyes and saw the face of the little girl that had caught his ass with a fishhook. He looked down at Dan and grinned showing a lot of big white teeth, then winked at the alpha. Then he whirled faster than one could credit for a man of his girth and pointed the rods at the window!

"That's the one Alpha! That theres the little blonde midget what hooked my rear! I demand she come down here and apolo...apoglee...Consarnit! Say she's sorry for snagging my cheek!"

Grover glowered at the window and the little blonde head gave a squeak and ducked away out of sight.

At first Dan didn't know whether to be angry or laugh. That was something he would have pulled as well. Well, better spoken that is, but still... He finally started to snicker at Gianni's expression. Then he saw Grover gently set the fishing rods down and kneel next to his pack with a small smile...well it could have been a big smile but Dan could hardly see it with the long beard in the way.

The little girl came down the steps with some of the other women watching their charge carefully. Grover squinted his eyes and indeed saw it was the same one who had snagged him. The other pups gathered on the porch next to the door. Amariah was there as well with her shorts and shirt on.

One of the women holding the little girls hand looked to Dan who gave a slight nod and the woman nudged the little girl more closely to the huge man. The little girl apologized and Grover grinned at her.

"That was mighty brave of you young'un...to come down here an say yer' sorries with everyone watchin' and feeling all embarrassed. So 'eres the deal. I accept your sorry and I give you one of ma' own. I didna' mean to frighten you folk or your friends. I brought your poles back since I figured ya'll gonna need them. Also, would you and your friends like some of these?"

With a grin he flipped open his tarp to show the mass of black berries his grin widened seeing the little girl cubs eyes widen and light up.

"I 'spect your gonna need to ask yer' momma as to how many you can have. Also the kitchen ladies might want some as well but all that not withstandin' help yourself youngster!"

Dan snorted at that. "Problem solved. Julia go and get small bowls for all the pups and they can have a reasonable bowlful each." Being Alpha was of some use.

maxd01
maxd01
654 Followers