Silver Moon - Were-Bear Fan Fic

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers

Soon the rest of the pups came down and apologized and some even got closer to try to hug Grover's leg but he blushed and guffawed away when they did that. One of them was not to be dissuaded though and ended up sitting on his foot and wouldn't let go. Seeing as how he wasn't trying to hard to dislodge their friend soon another appeared on his other foot and now the large were bear was tottering around grumbling to himself. One of the women was trying to suppress a grin from showing as she told Dan through the pack bond how it appeared that Grover was enjoying himself.

Not thirty seconds later most of the pups out there had found it fun to now clamber the werebear like a tree and soon he had a cub on his head displacing his hat, and another tucked in the large bib of his overalls and a couple more on his arms and legs and another clinging to his large belly.

Amariah had received the message from her father and had snickered. Other than the temporary limit he hadn't added any other boundaries. She settled down in her fox form and carefully watched him. Once he was distracted she shifted a tail so it was pointing in his direction yet still lying on the porch.

She slowly gathered her power and an idea struck her devious little brain. When she let the power out it was slowly since she really didn't want him to notice for a while. Eventually all the power needed had been released and suddenly Grover had three tails, one was bright pink, the second was a very pretty purple, and the third was stripped red, white, and blue. Now that Amariah was done she settled down to watch the fun. When Amarish settled down next to her he noticed what she was doing and barely managed not to start laughing.

"Consarnit! If I had wanted a wolfskin outfit, this is not how I woulda gone about getting one! Get off you little ferrets!" He mock roared. He looked over at Dan and gave him as large a wink as his beady eye could give. Then he gave a grunt and changed into his middle bear form and gave a low thrumming roar of grumpiness. The little pups all froze in shock and quickly Grover snatched them all up into his arms and began bathing all their faces with his broad washcloth of a tongue. The pups all barked and yipped in surprise and shock, though some were giving playful barks and growls. One of the braver ones even tried to sink its teeth into the big tongue as it swept over its ears and for a brief time a surprised Grover had to engage in a game of tug of war with the rascally little wolf.

Angie nearly fell over laughing seeing the growling pup and the surprised bear as they strained for a moment. Then the pup released the tongue and it snapped back into Grover's mouth. The bear man worked his tongue around his teeth a little as if checking if everything worked right, then changed back into his human form walking closer to the group with a bunch of wiggling wolf pups in his arms.

"I 'tink theth'e bewong to too!" He grumbled. Then worked his mouth again. He set the pups down who began to bark excitedly around his feet. Then he worked a finger in his mouth to remove what appeared to be a hairball and flicked it out into the driveway area.

"Thas' better!" He said clearly. "I think these belong to you ma'am." Grover repeated.

Just at that point Grover happened to feel a tickle on his shoulder and brushed it away thinking a fly had landed on him, then he noticed Dan looking red faced and almost apoplectic! He glanced over and saw the tip of a large bushy tail behind his shoulder! He quickly turned and felt the tug on the back of his overall!

He clapped a hand to his rear end and felt sprouting from him a mass of three tails with fur! With wide eyes he stared at Dan, then at all the people there.

"You'd best be careful there Dan! Them foxy folks got some kind a' bug that is catchin'! Look here! I look like a damn furred peacock wit' a tail o' cotton candy and a barbershop pole on my ass!"

Dan started laughing at him and changed to his mid-form. "And who says I don't?" His seven tails were swishing behind him and each was a different color. "My wolf was mortified the first few times I shifted. To be honest I think he wanted to bite both Red and Silver where it would hurt the most." In the back of his head he heard a snort and then a "Hmmm..."*Don't even think of it or I will find a cave and become a lone wolf.*

Grover stared in disbelief at the Alpha, then shook his head sadly. "Lord A'mighty! I t'ought it was bad with three tails, ya'll gots seven!" Then he grouched, "Whoever that cross-eyed weasel is that did this to ma' as..." His voice trailed off as he saw the pups looking on. He carefully moderated his tone and continued.

"Whoever did this to ma' rear...is gonna get a stern talkin' to!"

He whirled again as if trying to catch sight of it and groaned as he caught sight of them all together. Then reached around to pull them all in front where he stroked them softly.

"Weren't so bad if theys all one color, but ta' make them all like this? Jehosaphat!"

Dan gave Amariah the "Look!" It was easy for him to figure out who had done this...this...

Dan's lips tried to twitch, but he suppressed it.*That's enough now, he took it better than we expected...change it back!*

The tails disappeared and Grover quickly felt around the air and then grabbed at the seat of his pants. Even from where she was sitting Amariah felt the wash of air from Grover's sigh of relief. Just then he noticed her.

"Do thos' lil' foxes want some berries too?" Grover asked. He held out a hand big enough for Amariah or Amarish could stand on comfortably with some black berries on it.

Amarish finally had to change to his mid-form and died laughing. He was holding his sides as he tried not to keep laughing his tails off. Eventually he managed to stop and rolled over so he was lying on his tummy. Amariah poked a bowl full of berries to him before taking another one. He snickered and popped one in his mouth and munched on it.

Amariah gave the bear thing a polite grin before starting to speak. "N-n-no tanks M-m-mr. Bear. We's G-g-good." If he looked down at his palm he would notice the berries were gone.

Grover was led into the house and he bumbled along trying to be careful not to break anything. Dan could tell his nerves were going to get to the big man soon so led him out of the house to the training arena, the challenge circle and just generally showed him the sights.

It was the garden though that had Grover shaking his head. He asked if he could expand it some. Dan shrugged and showed him how much and the big man got to work. He first changed into his full animal form and started digging the outline of the maximum he could expand to. Then changed to his hybrid form and started turning over the hard packed dirt on to its edge then pulverizing in with smack and grunts. He turned over all the topsoil and made a pile of the large rocks he had found. Then he began going down to the small creek and digging down in the shallow water came up with arms full of dark river soil that he flopped down into the dry dirt. When he was smeared in mud from chest to clawed bear feet he rolled around in the stream and splashed water all over his body to clean up. Then he began to pick through the vegetables that were there shaking his head in annoyance at some of them and making pleased noises at others.

Once Grover started working on the garden Dan sent a message out to keep an eye on him. They weren't to stop him from doing what he wanted unless it might damage something or was somewhere he wasn't supposed to go. If that happened they were to politely inform him as well as let Dan know.

Once inside he contemplated what to do now. His relaxed mood had been sort of destroyed. The urge to simply sit and watch something on TV no longer appealed to him. When he walked into the main lounge Pam was there so he walked over and gave her a good kiss. "I am going to put my sword away and then hit the training area. I will be back by lunch time."

Pam smiled and gave him a good kiss in return. "Have fun but don't lop anything off please. I rather like you the way you are." She wrinkled her nose at him when she said that.

Dan glowered at her before leaving the room. To be honest he was almost insulted by her comment since he hadn't done anything like that for years. Once in his office he returned everything to where they belonged. After that he ran upstairs to their suite and pulled on some shorts and a loose shirt that almost looked like a wife beater.

Now that he was ready he headed out the back door and glanced at Grover and shook his head. Instead of saying anything he trotted over to the training building. Inside were several wolves and Kitsunes training both against each other and then with the other. They were working out things that they might be able to do while they had one or another with a team.

He almost stopped to see how they were doing but at this moment it was simply getting used to the differences in how they approached being a bodyguard. It was wildly different since their POV was different. Wolves were aggressive and tended to attack using their superior speed and strength. The Kitsunes they were working strictly as bodyguards and not front line troops and guards.

Dan walked over to his personal weapons locker and opened it up. After staring at his swords for a few moments he shook his head. He just wasn't in the mood for training with that for the day. His eyes finally settled on his version of a battle axe. The handle was comparatively short, maybe three feet long or a bit more. The head was the traditional heavily curved bit on both sides. His was different since they were larger and heavier than anything a human could use.

After pulling two of them out he walked to a section he traditionally used and started warming up. When he closed his eyes he started slowly working through the various attack and defense patterns. Just for good measure he had pulled his shirt off and had tossed it on a bench. As he started working out it was very obvious from the heavily layered slabs of muscle that he had earned them and not just lifted for them.

Meanwhile Grover, grumping about the state of the garden, took a load of the fresh picked vegetables ones to the kitchens. One of the women started in surprise at the big hairy man with an arm load of veggies.

"Excuse me uhh...well...you aren't old enough to be a ma'am...uhm...Miss? Oh Jehosaphat! You mated? Consarnit! I don't rightly know what to call you!"

When Julia both heard and saw the man walk in she had to raise an eyebrow as she walked over. When he stumbled over his words she snorted till he asked if she was mated. For a very brief moment she froze but shook it off. "My name is Julia and you have already met my daughter Gianni.

"Sorry 'bout that. Not used to be around womenfolk...or...any folk really for that matter."

She gave him a gentle smile to try and calm him down. "Let me take those from you, actually no, just set them on the table there." She pointed towards a large stainless steel table next to a large window. It was where the food was put that was going out. "Thank you for bringing them in." Julia was one of the taller females in the pack and was just a bit shorter than Dan. Her hair was a deep honey blond, dark blue eyes, and a complexion of cream. Her breasts looked larger and well shaped under the peasant shirt. She had a narrow waist and wide hips that had a nicely rounded bottom attached.

The big bear couldn't help but notice her form, just like he had noticed all of the women's forms coming in to the compound. But, his Pappy had raised him right and he made sure to keep eye contact as much as possible. That's not to say though...that he didn't sneak a peek out of the corner of his eye on occasion!

Grover tried to help in the kitchen but after he sautéed a bunch of green beans with bacon grease and salt and garlic there wasn't much he could do. He tried to roll dough for bread but his beard got in the way. He tried to help by stirring soup but his hair would get in the soup! Finally the kitchen help shooed him out of the kitchen and he found that there were more of those Kitsune people in the house. They were watching him with a quiet amusement.

"One of ya'll know how to use scissors real good? Ya' know...professional like?" he asked bashfully.

They looked amongst themselves and a slender fox fellow stepped up. "I can cut hair."

"That's good, come on then slick! Let's get to choppin'!" The rest of the group snickered quietly but not unkindly.

Slick turned out to be a whiz with scissors and soon had Grover's hair in a neat business cut with a part on the left side of his head. The beard was trimmed down short and his cheeks shaved bare. A little slap of bay rum on his face and slick whisked the sheet from around his neck and held up a mirror for Grover's inspection.

Grover blinked in surprise and ran puzzled fingers over his now clean and trimmed exposed skin and bristle of hair.

"Damn! First time I seen my looks in nigh on 40 years!" He glanced at the fox in surprise, the kitsune just smiled down at the big man.

"Why! I look fit for a night a' dancing! You made me look as fine as creamed gravy!" Grover stood up suddenly, dwarfing the smaller fox, then picked him up for a hearty bear hug! He set the fox down before he did any permanent damage.

"You know, you folks s'alright in my book. Even though lord knows why you got three tails. Maybe that's how come you got so good at cutting hair! You have to practice an awful lot to keep those things from getting all frumpy lookin'!"

Slick, as the bear called him snorted. "Silly bear we have anywhere from one to nine tails. It shows our rank in the clan. As we gain skills and at certain times in our life we will be given another tail. Everyone except for the clan lords and ladies start with one tail. I gained my third tail when I was selected to be part of Clan Lord Danilo and Clan Lady Pamela's personal protection detail." They all nodded as Grover left and headed their own ways.

"More tails as you gets to be more important?" Grover grumbled to himself. "Jehosaphat! A hair brush salesman make a mighty fine coin if he was selling at promotion time!"

Grover wandered around and visited the Training area, a different set of Kitsunes and wolves were training in pairs and teams. Grover just chuckled and shook his head. He had been around for a while and could see they were actually using some good techniques, not like traditional martial arts schools or anything. Then he caught the scent of the Alpha Dan and meandered over to where he was at. He saw him with a big ol' axe and working though the various patterns that could be used in a fight. He admired how fit the man was, but the grimace on his face looked too serious. Grover could take things seriously, but...Nah!

Looks like this Dan feller, needs ta lighten up some...

"Ya know I knew a feller once who went wi'tout a shirt on for a spell...with nothin' to hold his gut in it got so big he cud no longer see his toes! Theres a danger fer not wearin' no shirt!" Grover guffawed at him.

Dan had scented the bear coming in but stayed focused on his forms, and said nothing until he had finished the last steps with precision and focus...even if he did feel the corner of his lips turn up a bit.

"I don't think I have to worry about getting a beer gut anytime soon there Grover!" Dan said with a smile, then added a wink and said sotto voice, "Besides...my mate works that fat right off me!"

Grover gave a short loud laugh that sounded like a canon blast. It got the attention of the other trainees who poked their heads around the corner to see what was up.

"You train with weapons at all?" Dan asked the were-bear. Grover scratched a finger and waddled with a rolling gait and an inquisitive hum to poke his nose in the locker at the weapons Dan had stored there.

"Non' o' these there Mister Dan. You got lotsa' things I never lain eyes on!" He turned to look back at Dan and asked, "Ya'll got a shovel, or a hoe or brush hook or somthin'?" He asked. Several wolves and kitsunes laughed at that. Dan gave them a quick look that made them get quiet except for an occasional snicker.

After Dan gave them 'THE LOOK' he turned to them and spoke. "What do you think the peasants used? Went to the local We Create Weapons for Rebellions store? Hell no, they stuck with what they knew best. That is where so many of the oddball weapons from Asia came from. The Samurai had swords, armor, spears, and other type of 'real' weapons. The peasants had things like a hand scythe, ropes, maybe chains, and other garden implements and they used them very effectively. The real weapon in any fight is your brain as it figures out how to do the most damage in the shortest time."

His eyes brightened slightly. "Everyone go find something that isn't a weapon, come back and start working with your partner to find ways to use it. Dismissed." When he turned back to Grover he was smirking.

Grover came back from the garden shed with a large diggers shovel with a deep 24-inch blade and wide as a doormat.

"Now, see dis' here?" He asked those watching. "This s' what a' like to call multi-poipose!"

A fox raised a hand and asked, "Didn't you mean multipurpose?" Grover blinked at him then nodded.

"Jus' as I said, multi-poipose!" Then he pointed at Dan still holding his axe.

"Now, gonna show ya'll what I mean. He's gonna swing at me, and I'm a gonna defense m'self."

Dan limbered his arms, took a two handed grip and swung low. The shovel twisted down and with a loud clang the axe stopped before it could reach as far as Grover's leg.

A quick twist of Dan's grip brought the axe twirling up toward's Grover's shoulder and Grover took a half step back...kicking the shovel forward at the same time with his foot. The axe sailed past and the flat end of the shovel hit Dan in the chin with a hollow THWOCK sound!

Dan paused to shake the stars from his vision. They had waited for the others to come back before they had started. After one last shake of his head he turned to the others. "And that is an advantage of using some strange weapon. The other person won't know exactly what you can do with it. It will or can make them over confident since that pathetic bar, stick, broom doesn't register as a weapon."

"That t'werent fair on ma' part there Dan!" Grover explained bashfully. "That was a sneak move ma' pa' showed us kids when we was young." He turned to look at the assembled trainees and said, "You see' dat? That was trickery at it's best. Dan could'a beaten me in a straight fight. I am stronger, but he is faster and knowed how ta' fight. You got's to be plenty tricky to win it wit' one like him as your oppo..component? Na'...that ain't the right word!"

Grover watched Dan to see how he had taken the tricky move. Most Alpha's he knew would be PISSED to have someone show them up in ANY fashion in front of his people. Grover wanted to see how secure the Alpha was. Dan had a grimace on his face, but he also had a sparkle in his eyes, and he gave a small nod to the bear and Grover grinned.

Dan grinned at him. "This is going to be fun." He walked over to the locker and pulled out a quarterstaff before coming back. "That was a damn good strike Grover. This is why we routinely spar with different people. There is always something new to learn."

Grover smiled back "Now, gonna show ya'll how to take a beating and see if ya'll can learn how to move right!"

The next few minutes had the two trading blows back and forth. The bear mostly on the defensive while Dan danced around his larger adversary. It was clear Grover was having a good time! He even caught the full impact of the flat of Dan's quarterstaff right on the face! Grover stumbled and Dan watched with worried eyes until Grover laid a finger along side his nose and blew a thick wad of blood out of each nostril then gingerly patted it to see if there was more damage.

maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers