Skyrim and the Journey of Cerise Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DocCIS
DocCIS
1,548 Followers

"What!" I exclaimed, "How can that be. How long ago was this?" I asked.

"It will be almost twenty years now," Sigrid said. "We agreed to the demands, for both of our hearts were sorrowed without a child, yet we kept faith. After Dorthe was born, we have waited, but none came who seemed to fulfill the verse," she said looking at me, "until now."

I told them I did not understand and she smiled. "Alvor and I discussed this last night, as we too were uncertain. Times are dire, for we have a war in Skyrim and dragons are once again seen in the skies. You arrived from the southern road, and are from Cyrodil even further south. Your need is great, as you need equipment, and Alvor has agreed to help," she explained. "The first two phrases of the vision we believe have come to pass. The rest we have never understood, but believe this package to be yours," she said.

Deep inside I felt the truth to her words, wondering how something like this could have been predicted over two decades before. Finally I looked at the bundle Alvor was carrying, "What is it?"

"Truthfully, we know not, as we promised not to disturb it and only give it to the one we saw fit," he admitted, "but based upon its weight and length, as well as the third verse, I am guessing a blade," he said.

Doubt filled me, but again, deep within me I knew they spoke the truth. As strange as it sounded, this was a gift for me. I moved to the table where Alvor placed the bundle and slowly untied the leather bindings. Once untied, I unwrapped the cloth slowly revealing its contents.

It was a sword unlike any I had seen before. The blade was straight, the middle flaring out and thicker to take the brunt of an attack, tapering towards the hilt. Upon the blade were various etchings and runes, and for a moment a brief recognition flared within me and then was gone. It was a beautiful blade, but it was the hilt which drew one's eyes, fashioned in the shape of a woman—Dibella herself I knew—crafted in a golden material. The figure was naked, fitting for the goddess of women, love and sensuality, with her hands raised and holding the blade of the sword, gripped in her hands.

It was an odd shape for a hilt, and one you would not think comfortable in your grip, but as my hands clasped around the figure, it fit perfectly. As I raised it, I remembered holding the sword before, a brief memory flashing to me as I stood in the garden showing—somebody—I could not remember as the memory began fading.

Alvor was looking over my shoulder as I heard him whisper, "I have never seen its like," he said as I held it higher into the light.

The sword was perfectly balanced for my arm and hand, as if made for me. As I thrust it forward and gave a few tentative swings it immediately felt a part of me, having that one missing entity the other swords lacked.

As I held it forward, my arm extended fully I heard Alvor gasp, "By the Divines, it IS your sword."

I looked at him questioningly as he pointed to the hilt. "Look at the pommel, at the rune," he said.

Looking at the hilt I saw the hilt had a rune carved into the pommel, looking like an archway overlapped by a cross as I knew with certainty it was actually two runes superimposed over the other. "Cess," I whispered.

"You know this rune?" Alvor asked.

I nodded, "It's actually two runes, both the letter C in Dwemer and Daedric," I said, unaware of how I knew it.

"Then it is your sword," Alvor said again with certainty.

Looking at him, I grunted, "You don't know that; just because it has the letter of my name doesn't mean it is mine," I told him, although my words sounded flat even to me.

Alvor told me to wait as he went outside. Returning only a minute later he handed me a dagger. As I held it I recognized it being the one I had made for his test, looking at him quizzically.

"Look at the blade, it is identical to the sword," he told me.

I felt my eyes widen at the revelation as I knew he was correct. I had tempered the blade to expand slightly from the point, narrowing down in an identical curve to the hilt.

Then he told me mysteriously, "Look at the pommel."

I turned the dagger and looked at the end, my eyes widening in astonishment. There on the end of the pommel, as with the sword, were the same two runes! "How?" I asked, not recalling etching the runes when I had carved the hilt.

Alvor merely shook his head. "You carved that into the hilt, so I assumed it was your trademark, now I don't know," he said. "That sword is old, far older than you. You obviously could not have made it, but maybe you are imitating something you saw before," he said. "I don't know, but it reinforces my suspicions, you are the one to wield this sword, even for a short while as the verse says," he told me.

His words struck a chord of fear in me, as I recalled the verse stating the blade would be wielded for a moment. Temporary could mean my death or losing the sword or it could mean...my mind was in turmoil at the possibilities.

"I...I need to go," I said, placing the sword back on the cloth. "I need to think," I told them.

"Of course," Alvor said. "Still, I will sharpen the blade for you, and have your armor done in the morning," he said.

I thanked him, my mind numb after what had just happened, as I left their home.

It was dusk, and I slowly made my way back to Gerdur and Hod's house, all of them present as I entered. Immediately looking at me they got concerned, asking what was wrong.

"I...I need to leave tomorrow," I told them.

At their surprise I explained what had happened at Sigrid and Alvor's house.

After I finished the story, Ralof whispered, "By the gods, what does it mean?"

I told them I had as many questions as they did, but could not deny how the sword fit my hand perfectly, leaving out the brief flash of memory from having held the sword before.

"Whatever the case, I need to go to the barrows and see if I can find Lucas' item, then journey to Whiterun to talk to the Jarl," I said. "There are powers beyond me pulling strings," I told them, "so I need to try and find out why; and I feel like time is against me."

We talked some more until Ralof said loudly, "Enough! She needs to travel tomorrow, so tonight, we celebrate!" he said. "We'll go to the Inn," Ralof said, "where we can sing and dance and drink!" he laughed.

"I can't," I said as they argued with me. It was not the fact of wanting to forget what happened I finally confessed, "I don't have any clothes! I gave my Imperial armor to Alvor in payment for the armor he is making me, and these...these rags were only to work at the smithy. I can't go into a public inn like this!" I said, my vanity getting the best of me.

Gerdur laughed, "Aha, I already have a solution to that!" she said happily. "When we were putting on your makeshift dress I realized you had a similar build to Hilde's daughter, who moved to Falkreath many years ago when she got married," she explained. "I talked to the old woman and she still had one of her daughter's dresses," she said, going over to her wardrobe and pulling out a dress.

"Come!" she called me, "try it on, and you boys stay at the table, we'll be right over," she told them as we went around the corner.

Gerdur handed me the dress. It was a two-pieced ensemble composed of fairly small amounts of brown suede; however, not being shy I gladly slipped out of the ragged clothes I had on to put on the dress.

The top consisted of a tan-colored suede material with a plunging neckline that went almost to my stomach. It was not in a typical "V" opening, instead the material more cup-shaped and enclosing my breasts. The two sides were held together by a thin chain so I would not spill out of it when I moved. The top then fastened around my stomach like a girdle, accentuating my hips. Oddly, the material had a long strap draping down the front of me to hang past my knees as I looked at it curiously.

As Gerdur helped me lace up the top, she told me I would see the purpose of the hanging cloth when I put on the skirt.

The skirt was of similar suede material and as I held it up, I looked at Gerdur in shock. The skirt had a belted waistline, with fabric hanging down to cover my rear and sides; however, was wide open on the front! It was only the flap of material hanging from the top which provided any cover as Gerdur handed me a mirror.

Gerdur also produced a pair of calf-high suede boots that although a bit snug, were wearable.

"I'm sure Ralof and the other men will enjoy that," she grinned.

Looking in her mirror, I was pleased with how I looked, knowing the men would be watching me all night, probably in the hopes the flap of material in front of me magically disappearing. A pleasant thrill ran through me as I thought about it, glad to have something else to think about instead of prophesies, dragons, and loss of memory.

Looking at my back with the mirror, I saw the skirt—or half-skirt—hugged my hips flawlessly, showing off my rear perfectly.

Gerdur put on a dress she had, although more conservative than what I was wearing. She did not have to work at the inn tonight, so she was going as a customer.

As we—or I should say I—came around the corner, I thought both Ralof and Hod's eyes were going to fall out of their skull. They stared openly at me as I giggled, my breasts jiggling as the flesh spilled out the top. I twirled around and asked if they liked it, to their immediate approval.

As Gerdur joined us, the men stood up and opened the door, leading us to the inn.

Entering the inn after the others, I looked around. In the center of the main room was a large open fire-pit, while surrounding the walls were various tables and benches where a few people were already seated. I noticed all the men appraising me as I stepped into the main room, a flush filling my body.

I recognized a few of them, particularly Sven and the guard who had greeted me at the gate, now in more 'civilian' clothes.

Further into the room was the bar, where the innkeeper, a man named Orgnar I was told, stood. A woman moved through the room carrying plates of food and tankards of drink. I assumed she was a barmaid; however, Ralof corrected me, saying that was Delphine, co-owner of the inn.

As we took our seats, Delphine yelled across the room, "Orgnar! Orgnar, are you listening?" she hollered.

"Hard not to," he grunted behind the bar to her as he cleaned the countertop.

"The ale is going bad, we need to get a new batch," she told him. Waiting a bit, she asked, "Did you hear me?"

Orgnar waved his hand, saying, "Yep, ale's going bad," as he wiped down the top of the bar with a rag.

"I guess you don't have potatoes in your ears after all," Delphine said to nobody in particular. "Just be sure we get in a fresh batch soon."

After hearing their exchange, I asked Ralof if they were married and he burst out laughing, telling me Orgnar was the original owner, but a few years back Delphine moved in like she owned the place. Although starting out as a mere a barmaid, within a week she had taken control of the bar.

"Orgnar's alright, but he's lazy," Ralof said quietly. "Delphine keeps the place running," he said.

I looked towards the other patrons in the bar, all gathered around Sven who was playing a pipe. Although he was not bad, a thin thread of memory came to me that I had heard better. After finishing his song, he waved at me and while Ralof and Hod ordered us drink, so I went to say hello.

I could not help but notice his eyes roving up and down my body in the tight dress as I felt my blood stir.

I once again wondered what was wrong with me that the slightest look from a man turned me on. It had been over a day since the spiders, but I still felt like I was affected by their venom.

As I neared, Sven appeared upset, so I asked what was wrong as he suddenly blurted, "Faendal thinks he can woo Camilla Valerius away from me!" he stammered. "She's already mine I keep telling him."

Not sure how to handle his outburst, I asked if he was certain he and Faendal were both interested in Camilla.

"Camilla knows I'm the best man in Riverwood," he said proudly. "That elf is kidding himself if he thinks she would choose him over me," he said.

Although I did not want to get involved, I again asked if he was sure Faendal and he were rivals for her affection.

He nodded. "I've seen him sneaking over to the Riverwood Trader to speak with her when I'm not around," he told me. "He's wasting his time!" he said emphatically.

I could not believe how childish this man was acting as I told him sarcastically, "Yes. Two people spending time together never blossoms into courtship."

Sven was not amused. "Is that sarcasm? I've heard better cracks from Orgnar," he said angrily.

I apologized, asking why he was telling me his problems.

"You have a point," he said reluctantly. "Camilla letting Faendal visit her isn't a good thing for me," he said sadly. "Hey, I have an idea!" he said, turning to a table where he set his flute, along with a drum and several inkwells and paper.

He wrote quickly on a piece of parchment and fanned it dry, handing it to me.

"Here, let me give you a particularly venomous letter. Say it's from Faendal. That should get Camilla to stop inviting him over!" he said.

I realized Sven was crazy, stupid, or drunk, settling on all three as I took the letter. Looking it over I was surprised how legible and believable it was, showing the bard at least had some talent with words.

Dear Camilla,

I know I have called upon you at your house many times, and while we may be growing close, I need to put any desires you have for me aside. I am a true-born son of Valenwood, and I could never befoul my bloodline by courting an Imperial. I hope we can remain true friends, provided you understand your people's place in the Aldmeri Dominion, and respect me as such.

Sincerely Faendal

I told him I couldn't deliver it, not wanting to get caught in little town politics, but he shoved it at me saying he heard Camilla and I were close. I explained I had only met her but he kept insisting, so I took the letter and placed it in my pocket to quiet him.

Trying to change the subject I asked where he learned to play as he commenced to regale me with stories of the Bard's College in Solitude, telling me if I ever visited there, I should check it out.

"If you go there, talk to Viarmo, he's the headmaster," he told me, as if they were old friends.

He described the college and the city of Solitude, and I was thankful to break away when another woman came up and asked for a request, taking his attention away from me long enough to slip away.

As I sat down at the table with the others, Delphine came over. "You're that visitor that's been poking around," she said somewhat abruptly.

I asked why she cared and she replied, "I'm the innkeeper, it's my business to keep track of strangers," she told me.

I explained I was only passing through, but wondered if she had heard any good gossip lately. I figured since I may be travelling to Whiterun, the more I could learn about the area the better.

"Well, take your pick," she said, "They say dragons attacked Helgen, which I think is hogwash. Then there's word that Ulfric Stormcloak escaped from the Imperials. The war's only going to get worse now," she said. "Other than that, the only news is you snooping around," she said, turning and leaving.

Ralof chuckled, "And that's Delphine," he said. "Orgnar's the friendly one," he grinned as Hod agreed with him.

We sat and talked and drank our ale while Sven entertained the gathering—he not only played the flute, but also sang and played the drums. Once again I had the faint conviction of hearing better bards, but my memory again slipped away.

As we enjoyed the company of each other the inn became more crowded. Eventually Orgnar the barkeeper came by, greeting us warmly. "If you want any food to go with your drink, just let me know," he said amicably as he introduced himself to me. "I hear you were looking for rumors," he smiled as I nodded, explain my motives.

"Well," he said, looking up at the ceiling as if pondering heavy thoughts, then started counting off on his fingers as he recited his news. "Heard there was this boy up in Windhelm—Aventus Arentino—trying to contact," he looked around and whispered, "the Dark Brotherhood." Lifting a second finger he said "Also heard if you're traveling up north there is a Shrine of Azura the dark elves supposedly built after they fled Morrowind. I hear it's a sight to see!" Raising his third finger, he chimed, "Of course, if you go north," he paused as he looked at me, "there are the mages in their College in Winterhold. They're always trying to blow things up...the College may be blown up too," he laughed. "Then there's the local news," he sniggered looking at the people gathered around Sven. "We have something of a love triangle here in Riverwood—Faendal and Sven both vying for Camilla's affections."

I rolled my eyes, telling him I had already heard Sven's side of things.

He looked at me amusingly. "Well, you should always get both sides of a story, I say," he told me.

He remained standing there as I asked him if there was anything else he had heard.

His look got more thoughtful, before saying, "So Alvor says you are some sort of sell sword or something," he commented.

I glanced up at him, "Honestly I don't know. I have agreed to help out Lucas and Camilla find their lost items stolen a few nights ago, and afterwards I am going to Whiterun to report to the Jarl about what I saw in Helgen, so I guess I am in some way," I told him.

"Well if you're looking for work," he told me, "some of the Jarl's men came by a week ago and left this bounty letter. Apparently there is a bandit camp near Valtheim Keep the Jarl is willing to give a reward for. Must be his men are too busy to be troubled by highwaymen," he snorted as he walked away.

"Enough business," Ralof exclaimed. "We are here to celebrate, let's drink!" he said as we toasted our tankards and took a long pull.

The rest of the evening was pleasant as we drank and sang and danced.

At one point the town drunk, Embry, grabbed me by the waist, "Shay, how about a dansh," he said, dragging me in front of Sven who began playing a lively tune.

I swayed to the music, enjoying myself as Embry grabbed my hips, dancing with me, but mostly using me to prop himself up. As I looked around, I saw most of the men and women watching me, once again feeling my body flush at the attention. The song quickly ended and I bought Embry a drink as he sunk into a chair.

DocCIS
DocCIS
1,548 Followers
1...34567...16