All Comments on 'Something... Talk About in Tx Ch. 02'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 454 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
only a three

Great story until john lost his resolve and fucked her skank ass. The coup de gras for a better score was the old fillthy whore brigade and possible racc ending. Fuck that.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartabout 11 years ago
I think we can all agree that Nicci's story sucked

I have seen a few of these alternate endings now and while this was well written, there were a few blaring misses. One was moving the story to Texas. Her claim of being able to take him to the cleaners no longer holds water because adultery is a divorce cause in Texas. With all of the witnesses he had enough to prove it and finish her off.

And on a personal note, I would have had him go to the casinos in Louisiana. The other thing I didn't care for was the over the top actions on Rich; just too hokey to buy. The whole town treating her like shit didn't ring true either. People are too self involved to give a shit what anyone else is doing. John's circle might have acted that way, but random fucks on the street? I have my doubts. Lastly; opening the whole thing up for a RACC ending. Fuck that. She cheated and expected him to sit idly by on his thumbs? Fuck her! If he even considers getting back with her he needs to be castrated with a rusty hack saw.

Rant over. I liked the writing, and I was glad he got revenge and kept his kids.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
That was a nice read...

I realy like it.....bill

MastertronMastertronabout 11 years ago
My thoughts

My thoughts he horse whips her and drags her home behind a horse and leaves her to her pain, once a cheater always a cheater

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
2/3

It is only 2/3 done, TTT. Why you won't bring it to a conclusion is the same reason Susan fucked Rich. SELFISHNESS.

Sure other writers can provide an ending, BUT the only proper solution is yours!!! If you wished to end it here, you simply should have stopped when Jonathan asked for round two. Bringing Susan into the mix again creates more questions than answers. So get writing, because it really sucks when a writer refuses to bring closure to a fine story. Too many do this, and it really stinks.

JohnnyGaltJohnnyGaltabout 11 years ago
Rich's Doctor

It is not clear, but implied that this was a psychiatrist. If so, the receptionist would be fired in heartbeat for not referring Rich to an associate or alternate caregiver. Turning him down cold just would NOT happen

As for the whole town getting in on the plot, that is not even implied, but spreading the story and turning on the Slut Wife, yeah, that would be a true small town reaction

JohnnyGaltJohnnyGaltabout 11 years ago
Susan and her Grandmother

I read that part several times and am not sure what that was all about

Did her Grandmother have a (short) affair with one of her friends' husband? Or was it must an affair that both parties kept well hidden??

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 11 years ago
Needs Ch.3

The last part of ch.2 has left more questions to be answered !

What has her grandmother done, did she have a weekend affair with one of her friends husbands ! ?

Is she sympathize with Susan because of how her weekend could have different consequences !

So now it seems Susan has her own grey brigade

to help her with her task / campaign to get her husband nack.

Being the cheater she has a Hugh task. How can she convince not just her ex husband back his family, his friends, the local town folk !

Perhaps she needs to do some self burning.

Put a ad in the local paper, go on local radio. To describe the pain she cause, the misery, humiliation to her husband and family.

That she has finally realized what she had done. As she needs towns fill on her side now to help encourage her husband.

Things to consider, was she ever really sorry, can she empathize with jer husband post divorce !

It seems love is not dead just needs right conditions for it to grow again.

She may even have to endure years of HR husband having lovers as her may want to get even for 2 Yeats of betrayal.

Has paid enough, has she suffered enough, what can she do to make up, well that's for our auther to decide.

One thing is for sure the children would love to have their parents together.

As for killing Rich, well he was all ways goin to suffer in the end. After all je went after a married woman with 3 children, and was passing her of as his girl friend.

He was trying to humiliate and make a cuckold out of her husband. He was just using Susan for his own selfish needs as he knew they had no long term future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Reconcile ?? Not in Her Lifetime

Susan STILL doesn't have a clue why the marriage is over. She STILL doesn't think she did anything wrong

And Grandma isn't helping any

""That's a lot to ask, sweetie. You done him wrong. Very wrong. A man has his pride, and you did your best to destroy his.""

No, Gamms, hurting his pride has nothing to do with it. This all happened because Susan cheated, told her husband she was cheating, and then told him she wanted to keep cheating with his consent

In Nici's original she throws the marriage vows at him, Maybe she forgot the part about "forsaking all others", or maybe they only had a civil ceremony, who knows?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Plausable

I liked it.

I enjoyed the way the story played out.

I can't understand how she could possibly believe it would be alright to cheat.

How she could ask and expect her husband to agree to it.

Liked how the family surrounded and assisted the the husband.

I'm glad he stuck to his guns and that he started to feel good about hard days work and felt that satisfaction.

Finally there is hope.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Don't you see?

It wasn't the cheating that was the worse. It was the lying, the disrespect, the threats, the intention to continue the affair, the total lack of remorse. He wasn't a stupid man and only a total moron with no sense of self would accept that situation or the wife back. Even to the end she never 'got' what she did, only what she lost.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 11 years ago
Wow, tons of comments

That says something in and of itself! I haven't time to read 113 comments at this point but I've read many and can understand most points of view. Some comments state she was sorry just because she got caught. Obviously those individuals did not read or understand Nici's original story. She did not get caught, she came right out and told Jonathan what she was doing, just not who with . . . He found that out with some help, of course.

Regarding this story overall, I must say I was torn. Some parts were slow and tedious to get through. Other parts were pretty well-written and read well. I'm glad Susan was burned, but I don't think he should have had sex with her, let alone made her think he wanted a true reconciliation. Plus, even if Texas has adultery laws relating to grounds for divorce, his intercourse with her after knowing of her infidelity would legally mean (lawyers, please correct me if I'm wrong) he could not charge her with adultery because his actions indicate acceptance and forgiveness of her prior conduct.

Finally, stooping to the level of a low-life may feel good from the revenge point of view but it makes you as bad as the person you hate. I know, it's human nature, and I might feel like doing as Jonathan did, but it's still wrong and in the long run, you have to live with yourself. Suppose Susan commits suicide as a result -- how will your kids look at you when they eventually learn the truth? Being the better person elevates you -- let the low-life creeps self-destruct, as in Francis Macomber's story about winning the lottery.

FireFox59FireFox59about 11 years ago
Great Job

Really good story. She and her lover needed the scorched earth/maximum pain punishment. Loved how the grey gang turned the whole town against them. Looking forward to more like this from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Finish It

Arn't you going to finish the story. You have itset up for a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
5 stars

Great alternative ending!

You managed to rescue Nici's characters, I enjoyed this journey with them immensely, and you left me with a smile on my face.

Even though you rescued her story, you can't save Nici herself. I am thoroughly convinced she believed what she wrote in her story to be morally correct.

All I can say is thank God Nici is not in my life, because while her character Susan was stupid, selfish and deceitful, Nici is all of that and unrepentant of her attitude. She should do us all a favor and only write for the Lesbian forum.

javonfontainejavonfontaineabout 11 years ago
Finish it Please...

It was a great alternate ending and I want the "grey brigade" to now work for the family to get them back together...

Great 5 stars....More to come please???

wanoldmanwanoldmanalmost 11 years ago
Half written

Please, please come back and write the rest of this story. The entire story line begs for you to come back and write the other half of the story. . . . .

What about the Gray Brigade? How did Susan's Grandmother coach her?

Was Susan really aware of the consequences of her affair? Aware of it's true effect on her husband?

What role did the children play in the end?

Jonathan seems too unfulfilled, also. Is he subconsciously still looking for her?

Just too much up in the air for us mere mortals to try to finish.

phd70phd70almost 11 years ago
Well Written Tale that Deserves a better Ending

Wife seems truly repentant. Husband does not appear to be able to find a satisfying long term female relationship. Perhaps a reconciliation would be a satisfying, logical and consistent conclusion. Just a thought, Tx Tall Tales! Dan

kansasjackkansasjackalmost 11 years ago
Much Better

Than the original. Keep on keeping on ...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

C'mon TX - you can't leave us hanging like this. It's cruel and unusual punishment.

5 stars btw. Four more than Texas ;-)

gentluvrgentluvralmost 11 years ago
Finish it, please.

Great writing. I loved the story. Jonathans vengeance was very satisfying. Now I'd like to see them get back together.

gara5289gara5289almost 11 years ago

Liked yours a lot more and really agreed with your point about cheaters in the A/N in the first chapter. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Burn baby burn

BTB

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Yeehaww!!

Finally, a story that shows that cheating has consequences. You can't leave everyone hanging, though; you owe it to write ch. 3 to balance out all of those lame-ass cuck stories that others write. Seriously, Tx, great read!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Absolutely a five

Loved how you added to Nici's story. You have a great way of seeing situations from a different angle. Like most everybody else who have made a comment, I would like to see how you would write a Chapter 3.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Women are to be hunted.

Hitlers Legacy lives on. A true sadist story for an inadequate wimp full of hatred.

His inability to dialogue consistently was his own demise. I'd rather fuck a forgiving slut than to live with a Sadist with hatred all his life.

Tx Tall TalesTx Tall Talesalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Really?

@ Anonymous "Women are to be hunted"

Seriously. Did you even read the story? Hitler's legacy? Inability to dialogue? Jeez, and you wonder why Anonymous gets a bad name.

Is that you Nici, commenting as Anonymous?

I prefer not to remove comments, accepting all and trying to learn from them. The only thing I learned from yours, is that they have internet access in the asylum. I'm glad you enjoyed the read, and hope you'll double up on your meds. Thanks for the well thought out, insightful, considered comment.

HardFeltHardFeltalmost 11 years ago
Excellent

This is one of the best stories on this site.

I vote for the author to continue.

All the naysayers need to get a life!

tazz317tazz317almost 11 years ago
HOW DOES ONE CHEAT AND DESTROY

and then demand a do-over and forgets her culpability. TK U MLJ LV NV

JounarJounaralmost 11 years ago
5*

Great story once again TTT.

Susan got what she deserved and I don't for a second believe she learned anything, feel any remorse or even grasp it was her that was at fault. Hell, she never stopped her affair with Rich even tho he treated her as just a easy fuck, even after all the shit people tossed her way including all her family and it was only the actions of others that ended her slutting around.

spankfunforspankfunforover 10 years ago
He loves her!

I'm also a hopeless romantic. She "fell in love with another man". Her husband and children were left behind.He was a manipulative son-of-a-bitch and she was "trading up" to no family problems she didn't want to take care of. He died but she was a still a bitch whore slut!!! Her ex had to let her channel all that to him and not take ANY shit from her. They had 3 children to raise, as long as she was his loving wife only! Forgive her but don't ever trust her around any other men and her knowing he was always watching - always!1

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago
Nice job

Great story. I liked it. I have read other attempts at finishing the original story and I have to say that yours is better than the rest. While I feel that the suicide hurt Jonathans pity vote, it was plausible enough with the rest of the story to chalk that up to an unexpected result. Nice job

And for those who feel this story isn't finished, I have to disagree. Life is not always wrapped up in a pretty bow. This story can be continued, but if it is left as is then I can be considered finished. Jonathan completed what he wanted to do. The story is set with him being the protagonist. His story is over. Now, if another story about Susan 's attempt to win him back pops up, then that would be a whole different tale. Not sure if I would read it, because I fee as though him moving on with is life is the best ending. I think it was brilliant to close the major issues, but still leave it open enough so that the reader can draw his own satisfying conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good story....

The real world already has enough crappy endings. Give us a happy one!

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
A "1"

For not understanding the law. She would have been given custody. The Courts favor the Mother, especially since she had been the main care-giver. The short time he had been doing anything after he quit his job would not have mattered in the eyes of the Court. Even if the Court determined the kids were sharing a bedroom, the Mother would have custody. It made for a controversial ending, but it was totally implausible and unbelievable. Ruined an otherwise okay story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
hey to the last poster

do you think she could get a fair court ruling??? not in that town... too much evidence showing her dumping the children off at parents and lying about it...

SyrustheVirusSyrustheVirusover 10 years ago

Your ending is cruel. I don't want to imagine how things will turn out for them, I want the author to tell me. The finish, as is, is cheap. You need to write the next chapter!!!

DC_PackardDC_Packardover 10 years ago
The Gray Brigade

Let them have at it!!! As Will said, "Cry Havoc -- and let slip the dogs of war".

That may be extreme, but those folks seem to go at the whole thing with the same kind of fervor.

As for the story. Kinda exteme, but sooooooo much better than Nici's ideas. Real life?? Bullshit.

DC

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3over 10 years ago
What Grandpa Said

Finding a new woman is easy. Finding the right one is very hard. Took me 2 divorces to find the right one and I've been with that one for 26 years.

I am NOT a writer, but I do think someone should write another chapter because of:

1. He has found new women, but NOT the right one

2. She hurt him bad, but they still love each other.

3. I believe that, with what she learned, she won't ever cheat again

4. He will come to realize that even tho finding a new woman is ease, finding the right one really is hard.

5. He will eventually realize that she actually IS the right woman for him.

5* for a good, well-written and thought out story.

monkcalmmonkcalmover 10 years ago
a cheating

woman can never suffer enough for abusing a good man same goes for a good wife and a cheating abusive man (but in today's western society good wives are like winning the jackpot).

CartoonNinjaCartoonNinjaover 10 years ago
Great Story

Nici's original just flat ticked me off. Yours might have gone a tad too far the other way but I like it much better.

Good job.

tae352001tae352001over 10 years ago
Excellent story

5 stars, please continue. I could not put this down, so so much better than the nici version. I wish there were more than 5 stars. Please keep going.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Hmm

Decent story, but with a plus that you don't find anywhere else. "The Gray Brigade." There's way too many younger know-it-alls out there that ignore the knowlege and experience gained by our older relations, the young think that things have changed with technology, but the more things change, the more they stay the same. And when you need your back covered, it's good to have people who know what they're doing and don't flinch.

RhomanovRhomanovover 10 years ago
I'd say yes for a followup

It may be predictable.

It may be the "same ol'" thing.

Your style will make it a good read.

Nicely done.

DjshengDjshengover 10 years ago
10/10

Would have liked them to get back together IMO

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

when are you going to finish the story about susans future

Chimo1961Chimo1961about 10 years ago
Better than the original

Great story, are you going to finish it?

ian0452ian0452about 10 years ago

I would love to hear more about the gray brigade and how they got them back together

RePhilRePhilabout 10 years ago
Come on T3 one more chapter

Give us the herstory.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
never

Never look back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
sounds like

even Bridget was a slut in her day.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
It's a shame that there's no Loving Husbands category

Then there'd be a pool of faithful, wronged women for guys like Jonathan.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
A Ch 03 could be interesting

The four cheerleaders mounting a campaign to worm Susan back into Jonathon's heart vs. the grey brigade buffing him up and matching him with worthy Susan replacements.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 10 years ago
Well, I read the first page of comments and will make my own.

Agree with the one that said that Susan still does not understand what she did, she has been punished but until she realizes what she did wrong (and she never will) she should be just in the place she is. She can move away and sell her ass or get a minimum wage job. Say in about five years if she finally comes to realize what she has done: if Rich was still alive she would still be with him, she still thinks that he would not have committed suicide if only she had been there to comfort him. I still feel sorry for her situation as a human being but I am NOT giving her a pass back into her ex-husband's arms. Sometimes we have to just continue to pay for our grievous errors and that's just the way it is. As much as I would like to see them back together, it is not justice and justice should always be served.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 10 years ago
*tsk...* another tough one...

If Rich had been alive he might have at some point let her know that it was ALWAYS about the pussy... that it was about taking her from her husband who didn't deserve her simply because Rich deserved her more... not loved, just deserved.

Not to say that Rich didn't have issues, but no way I believe he didn't USE those issues to steal something that wasn't his...

Him being dead means it would take some MAJOR work to determine the truth without his input. One of the ladies would have to be a spectacular shrink, able to make Susan honestly go over every one of her and Rich's interactions...

On the bright side, the last time she had sex with him would be something a smart person could readily go over and analyze sufficiently to make her see the truth - or at least what it looks like the truth is...

I've not read the original but... from the looks of their relationship at the beginning of this extension the only thing Jonathan did wrong was ignore his wife... now something like that MIGHT give her cause for getting divorced... but to think it would warrant cuckolding him and figuring he should put up with it...? Bullshit, clear and simple.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
What is the purpose of writing a sequel

if you still leave it open ended?

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
IN EVERY TALK THERE HAS TO BE A LISTENER

even if it falls on deaf ears, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
TX

It isn't romantic to take back someone who betrayed ,and rejected you for an extended period of time ,except maybe in some kind of twisted fantasy.

What is romantic is when the down and out cheated one get's put back together by the soul mate he finds afterwards.

NWlifterNWlifteralmost 10 years ago
Leave it be...

It was good until that weak excuse of an ending.

I dealt with something similar and there is absolutely no way to regain that trust.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Finished

End note or not, I think that is a fitting ending for the story. What better punishment for the ignorant twit than to have hope that she will get back what she thinks she deserves and not to get even close enough to smell it. Husband can find another woman, easy thing to do, find a mate when you are decent and will treat said mate decent. Bar might not be the best place to find true love, but the Grey Brigade probably has connections. Looking forward to the author getting back to writing, hope all is well with him.

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 10 years ago
Great Story

I'm with you. Remember it's not all of the Gray Brigade this time. It's the women and they were the ones that balked at first when the men it wanted to just burn Susan before trying to first save the marriage until their husbands banished them to the kitchen. Every smart person knows who really rules the house and the women do it while letting their husbands think that they run things. The only part I had trouble with was you made Susan seem clueless as to what her relationship with Rich would do to her marriage and her family. At least, in your version she didn't get angry and make threats until Jon couldn't understand their relationship and see it her way but she still acted like she did nothing wrong. And Rich, I couldn't decide if he intentionally set out to seduce Susan or if their relationship just developed into an affair. Even when it did they must have known on some level or else they wouldn't have gone to all those lengths to hide it. A lot of mixed messages there. But then I was never one to just accept behavior I always wanted to know why people do what they do. A very entertaining story, I enjoyed it immensely, Thank you

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Loved it

Excellent writing. Love the use of the Gray Brigade, and then the tables turning at the very end. How appropriate an ending. Just perfect. Five stars. An instant favorite.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
I'm Torn

On the one hand, I'm a romantic, and love happy endings, and I DO believe she finally sees that she was wrong, and is truly repentant.

However, she had to be totally broken for that to happen. Even when her parents told her she was wrong, she still kept insisting she was doing nothing wrong.

I guess, I would say that I think she should be alone, but it wouldn't break my heart if he took her back.

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
Really? An alternative ending

that isn't an ending? Defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Pappy7Pappy7almost 10 years ago
Sees what she did?

I reread the story, trying to see if she really did understand that what she had done was wrong. But... how can a 30 something year old woman, mother and wife even begin to believe that what she was doing could conceivably be right? Even after they were cut off from one another she continued to pine for the feelings she had with "him". Visited their old haunts, etc. Not the actions of someone who is repentant.

With the references to her "temper" getting the better of her when she started to feel shame it seems like our writer was laying subtle hints that she was nucking futz. To use the clinical term for it. Not a good frame of mind to have and be allowed around children or sharp objects.

That said, was a hell of a re-write on the original story that was absolutely so irritating that it was difficult to do more than just skim. One of the top three writers on this site, without a doubt.

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 10 years ago
Trolling Lit...

Tx,

You certainly were clear on this one, the end of "this" marriage. Who knows when you might revisit it as the incurable romantic. Know how you feel on the romantic same here. But the story of the BTB solution finally woke her up I'd guess.

Glad you wrote this alternate and thanks for sharing with us on Lit.

x

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
being a RAAC man myself

Love to see you have a go at rebuilding this relationship.

Others have done it. You could too.

FD45FD45almost 10 years ago
Re read

And I'm still in the same place.

Somehow, if you wrote the story with all these old people holding Richard down and pouring acid on his face and carving him up like a turkey in lurid detail, I doubt it would rank so highly.

You force wrote Rich to be an idiot and you made the Gray Brigade some of the most unpleasant people I've read about, hypocrites and liars. So much for 'straight shootin'. I hope one of Max's friends tells him on his death bed that his wife used to suck his cock, because his 'I didn't expect this' is what his men muck out of his barn every day. He got reports. He okayed DRAGGING this man away from psychiatrists so he knew exactly how mentally damaged he was because of all the bugs. It is only a small remove from gut shooting a man and dragging him away from the hospital he crawled to.

He didn't care. Fuck you Max, and all your friends. You are all murderers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Nicely done

I liked this sequel. The way he handled her and her lover was unique and interesting. This was a clear alternative ending (?) and I, like you, would like to see them get back together. I think that she has done sufficient reflection on her behavior and that she has paid a significant price. If you are so inclined, you could finish the story (although it is not necessary) because you've laid sufficient groundwork--maybe with the exception of her recovering the respect of her children. It would be interesting to see how you set up and execute the reconciliation among the critical players. Thanks for a very good story.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Perhaps a chance at reconciliation

IF she had come back to her husband and family on her own. MAYBE. But she didn't. Right to the end, she was professing her love of Rich, even breaking down in hysterics when she learned of his suicide. Not the actions of a remorseful woman feeling guilty at abandoning her husband AND her kids! All the "Romantics" out there seem to forget that she also walked out on her kids! She dumped them on anyone that would take them, so she could go have sex. She USED them as a weapon, a bargaining tool to get what SHE wanted, because in her world, HER wants and selfish desires are all that mattered.

It is NOT romantic to have them get back together. That would involve remorse, which she at no point displayed. She merely had all her options reduced down to one; get back what she had before. She still doesn't claim responsibility for her actions, merely wanting a free ride now that life is hard. She still blames her husband. She even blames Rich, for killing himself and taking away one of her choices! Zero remorse!

Tricking or forcing two people together again because one is lonely and one has no support system, is NOT what romance is about. It is about love, and that is the last thing this woman has for her family. If you want romance, have them find someone else and start from there.

And before the Hellen Lovejoys among you start screaming; "Won't someone Please think of the children", remember that the 3 kids have never been happier than they are on the ranch with a supporting family around them. If you have a creepy uncle, or a druggy nephew in your family, you keep them away from your kids - it's just common sense. The same goes for their mother! If she is a bad influence, and clearly she is, then mother or not, you limit exposure to her, in the kids best interest. Despite common belief, kids are NOT always better off with the people that give birth to them, otherwise why are there so many children in care?

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
After checking the comments again,

I re-read it myself. Have agreed before with a few of the commenters after a re-read. Hard to do this time. I can't see anywhere that she was aware of why her actions were wrong. Had convinced herself it was love and she couldn't help who she fell in love with. That was her story and if you didn't go along she might kill you. Her only remorse was that 1) she wasn't allowed to continue her storybook existence 2) hubby refused to work at a back breaking job 60 hours a week to support her dick habit 3) Rich wouldn't return her calls when she needed him like she had done for him. Even after Jonathan shows her the divorce papers she still thinks that she can just go back to lawyer-boy, no harm no foul. Then she says that Jonathan could help her keep the kids away from him by paying for her a place to live. Woman had a 100% whore mentality, a selfish one at that. I don't know how anyone could date, let alone marry and stay married to someone that stupid. I am positive it was a good thing that I couldn't get beautiful but stupid women to fall for me when I was young. Worked out well for me, :-).

I want to say that trip T did an amazing job with this story. He added dimension to one dimensional characters. He added a sense of worth to the husband and the kids, who were just bludgeoning tools in the original story and he pissed everyone off with the last part about her old whore of a grandmother agreeing to help her

"trick" her way back in with her husband. I think that the entire purpose of the "help me get him back" was to show where she got her propensity to whore. I don't agree with the statement that such a high percentage of people cheat on their spouses during a marriage, but what do I know. I'm the one who couldn't get beautiful, well see the paragraph above.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I need more.

I agree. You should some how work out a way for them to get back together. I do feel she has suffered enough. And she really loves. him and think she has real problems. She needs some therapy to understand how she messed up. I really don't think she understand what she did wrong. Please write more chapters. Thank you. Great store.

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 9 years ago
A masterful way to handle the problem

I haven't read Nici's story and I don't want to. Your resolution of what appeared to be a no-win situation for the cuckolded husband was creative and positive. I applaud your invention of the brigade of senior citizen vigilantes. Where do you get these ideas? I need to drink what you drink!

This was such a thorough way to tie up the loose ends and bring it all to a close that I may never bother to read another cheating wife story. Your humiliation of this bitchy little slut was the most complete since Nathaniel Hawthorne was writing.

I have no idea who the best author on this website is, but you're certainly up there in the front rank. Thank you, Tex, for sharing this with us.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Re-Thinking, A Bit

Actually, I'm not so sure she ever realized she was wrong.

The last thought of hers on that that I remember, was when she couldn't see or talk to Rich, and everyone was treating her like shit, and she was STILL saying, "I didn't do anything wrong!"

I still wouldn't be broken up if they got back together, but there would definitely need to be an acknowledgement from her that what she did was wrong. As long as she insists that she wasn't wrong there is always the possibility of her deciding that ANOTHER guy "needs" her.

Texas_Air_ForceTexas_Air_Forceover 9 years ago
Good balance; well written; a few constructive comments

You gave very good balance to the teardown of the cheating party. A lot of stories spend PAGES talking about how they met, dated, built a life, then she cheated. Then the author tears her down in a few paragraphs, and ends the story with very little balance in showing just how completly the cheater destroyed the marriage. By taking so much time to explain Susan's self-destruction, your story was much better balanced than many of the other stories.

Two suggestive comments to keep in mind for your next teardown of a cheating wife. First, her lover was a lawyer, yet always had an afternoon to steal away with a cheating wife. Being a lawyer is an 80-hour-per-week job, especially for a new lawyer. So, there was something lacking in explaining how he had so much free time. His law firm had no objections to his absence, but only seemed to object to him having an affair with a married woman? This gives lawyers much more credit for having a moral compass than most people could accept. Most of us think of lawyers as EAGER to have an affair with a client, a married woman or just about anyone else the rest of the world would have thought of as off-limits.

Rich should have been abandoned by his law firm when the ex-judge "eagle" worked behind the scenes to get him disbarred. This would have him be a pariah in his community of immoral, money and status-driven lawyers. Another scenario would have the insurance company that paid out the $2 million settlement in his first wife's death suddenly re-open the case and investigate him for criminal wrongdoing, just when he thought he had wife #2 locked up. Either way, the professional and legal troubles would have put even more pressure on him to implode.

Second, Susan reverted back to the cheating, rationalizing slut mentality the moment Jonathan brought up divorce. This shows her as not learning from her mistakes and paints a paradox for the possible reunion; Jonathan's major problem was trust. When she went back to threatening him, rather than just accepting or trying to work with him to find a solution, she planted a SECOND seed of distrust in him that should emerge when Susan and her grandmother start working their plan to win back the ex-husband. In other words, Jonathan learned from the experience, and she didn't, making reconciliation remotely possible.

Tx Tall Tales, your stories are powerful and well-written, but if you want them to reconcile in a future chapter three, you may have created a 'great wall of China' problem for Susan, since she showed her true colors of being both unrepentant and still self-centered. Good luck and let your imagination flow!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
a bit more

great finish to an "iffy" first offering from nici, but what potential here for a really romantic conclusion.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Very Interesting!

This is the best ending to the story that I have read. Dumping her was the right thing to do. She cheated and loved another man for 2 years, yes she was cheating during the first year. Then she ambushed her husband and told him to live with it. She never admitted that what she did was wrong and that she was wrong. She destroyed her husband and her family for another man that 'needed her'. No, she got what she deserved. I sure hope that the ex-husband is smart enough to move on with his life - without her and to keep her out. She is definitely not a candidate for reconciliation. She was still blaming her husband for not understanding her love for another man. Naturally it was his fault. Hope the 'old cheerleaders' don't succeed.

Really enjoyed the 'Gray Brigade'. Thank you for your writing.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Further Thoughts

"It wasn't fair. What had she done wrong? She couldn't help it. She never had wanted it, never sought it out. It was love. Undeniable. It wasn't her fault."

Well, I think most of us know full well what she did wrong, but to put the most generous spin on it, when she fell in love with Rich, if she had ANY love for Jonathan, she would have given Jonathan a generous divorce and THEN gone to Rich, not cuckold Jonathan for a year and then expect him to accept and allow her to continue seeing Rich.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
Now that was very entertaining.

A bit of a quibble - Lover boy didn't seem to put in too many hours at work. Did he work part-time because he had the life insurance payment?

sdc97230sdc97230about 9 years ago
Lover boy and his hours

He was supposedly seriously depressed after the death of his wife, so my guess is he was on some sort of reduced workload or disability leave due to that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Trouble

The trouble is,you are wrong, all told there wasn't an ounce of romance.

Just hurt and ingrained selfishness in a nutshell.

The more he was in love with her which was totally the less romantic it was when it wasn't enough.

He forgave her but no way he could ever think she was more than a tramp.

At least the way you portrayed him.

It's a story and you are the writer but in the notations,you said your are a romantic.

No.

InescuInescuabout 9 years ago
Great Read

But I can't ever see a reconciliation. From her internal dialog, she never seems to understand that she did anything wrong. Until she can understand that, admit to it and learn from it, she has no hope of ever getting back with her husband. Even then it would be a long shot, considering the damage she did to her husband.

You don't just 'fall in love'. She repeatedly put herself in a situation she knew was wrong (she hid it from Hubby) where it was possible for her to develop feelings for another man. She was willingly giving her time and affections to someone else, even shortchanging her children. She cooked and cleaned for her lover, but not her own family? What a selfish piece of crap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
will the kids be enough???

obviously they weren't enough to deter her from lover boy.....is there a chance of her loving them ....and him.....to really make an honest go of it??? let the readers decide.good read.....george

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Sequel????

You hint at a sequel. Anything coming? I think there's an interesting story to tell.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
5*

Wonderful ending to nici's shitty story. Thanx.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
I am still stuck with the same question

Why write a sequel, an alternative ending to someone else's story, if it is still left open ended? An ending that isn't an ending?

What is the point of the exercise?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Shit... She ... Has no chance.. Only wishful thinking on her part.....

Johnathan's support group will not let him go back to Susan. They will continue to re-enforce his strength of will to keep her at arms length away from him. She simply burned the fucking barn into the ground, there is nothing to rebuild. He can only plow new ground too him, build new foundations and start anew with new lumber from a new mill without her initials carved in the surface. His friends and family will be there for a new barn raising but not for a rebuild, it is just too disgusting to fathom a return to a proven cheating worthless selfish cunt. I. Was there once, my current wife helped us amass a little amount of comfort, only to loose a hell of a lot of it in the Bush economy, then rebuild it back up through very hard work. We worked side by side went through a couple of very hard lean years, now we are in fat city again. Who do you think decided she should be able to slide back into my life and expect me to kick her to the curb? Yep it was the cheating, unfaithful, disrespectful cream pie cunt. She thinks her shit is gold, it's not. She was shocked I still fucking hate her to the fucking core. I told her I could afford to fuck her up in a serious way and never miss the money. She still thinks I am being unfair. Her own dad said I was one lucky son of a bitch too get away from her.

ThabesThabesalmost 9 years ago
Terrible Ending

The woman cheated on him for over a year, and he notified everyone in their life. Reconciliation? Continued love? Bullshit... She threatened to take the kids and said she loved the man...

Terrible ending, because there shouldn't be any forgiveness for her amount of betrayal.

Sucked. Old ladies should have said, "Too little, and FAR too late. A wife's betrayal as she pretends to whore herself isn't forgivable.. Not when she actually did and meant it."

Vera poor resolution on this old tale...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

5 Stars.....Until the last three paragraphs. CRAP

OldBearSwitch

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
I'm Torn

She really was just SO wrong:

"It was an accident, love, - You could ALMOST feel sorry for him, until you remember that he used his grief to seduce a MARRIED woman. It would be bad enough to play on ANY woman’s sympathies, but a married woman? And then try to get her to get her husband to ACCEPT it?!

“She'd had it all. A loving family, a good man, a young love. Great sex. – She couldn’t be happy with a loving family and a good man? And how much responsibility did SHE bear for the quality of their sex?

"It's not too late, is it? To have more. As a family. As a husband and wife." – She asks, as she continues to try to reach Rich!

“her decision to open up to new things, do all the things she'd done with Rich” – Open up to new things with JONATHAN, NOT new with Rich!

But...

She DOES seem to have truly learned her lesson, they were so good together, maybe with a strong pre-nup it might be worth trying again.

Would re-marrying her be SO different from marrying a woman who had cheated on someone else? And would he do THAT?

My BTB side says she's been burned pretty good, and my happy ending side says, "Go for it!"

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Further Thoughts

As some others have said, she never did REALLY admit that what she did was WRONG, until she can HONESTLY get down on her knees and admit she was wrong, there will always be the risk that another "Rich" will come along.

Having said that, was it REALLY necessary for her to lose the job that she was apparently good at?

garic372garic372almost 9 years ago
Great as always

Tough to read, for sure, but great writing. Don't even mind the hopeful ending, Everyone has suffered enough. Would love to read a continuation or sequel to this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Has she paid enough?

Fuck no.

Are you insane?

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicover 8 years ago
Still like the story

Would like to see what the old grannies could come up with to see if she could hook him again. Kinda like a cartoon...how many times could she crash and burn before she figures out that no one wants a slut like her. 'Alone again naturally'

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
POS

She is a POS. That is a fact as described in the above tale. As to Ch. 03, The Return of the Whore Mother, given the rural, Christian, forgiving characters in this story, I agree that the Gray Brigade could convince the poor bastard to take the whore back if only for the sake of the kids

"It's the kids, you know. The bond that will never break. Without them, she'd be so much dog-meat. I'd like to think with the Gray Brigade backing her this time, she'd have a chance."

As far as whether that is really good for the kids - the answer is NO! The reason why is simple - children of cheaters have a 30% higher chance of being cheaters themselves, higher if the cheated spouse accepts them back. No, this is one lesson you want the kids to learn and not forget. She is by definition a "bad person". Yes, there are bad people - they are people who have done many bad things. They cannot "get past" their evil acts because those acts are merely the fruit of their personality/soul. They are walking, talking human sized turds. Would you want to live with one of those?

sdc97230sdc97230over 8 years ago
The Gray Brigade will never forgive her

They're the ones who took her down.

A next chapter would be a war between the Fab Five, the town's slut grannies trying to help Susan get back her chump hubby so she could go back to cheating on him, and the Gray Brigade fending them off and working on getting Jonathon a new wife who would be as faithful as he was.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Re-Reading

“They didn't speak of anything other than missing each other as they retired to his bedroom, undressing quickly before falling into the bed together.” – It’s “not about sex”, but the first thing they do is to fall into bed!

Even at the end, she talks about going to Rich!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I like 5*

Yes they should get back together again. If she feels true remorse she will give him back his pride and joy to repay her terrible and cruel betrayal.

I am a romantic too and proud of it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Charity (Love)

Glad you left a possible. 1 Corinthians 13:13.

Fantastic writing.

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Leaves me in a much better state of spirit than the original!

Personally I did not like him letting her back in his love life in order to punish her more.

I guess I have a tendency to pull away from people that I catch lying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This is so good.......

That I almost feel guilty about reading it for free.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories