All Comments on 'Something... Talk About in Tx Ch. 02'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 445 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Who knows the future

In the end she never really seemed to get that she'd behaved badly. It's actually a bit sociopathic, as anyone with even a scrap of empathy or understanding of society's rules would have at least understood why it was wrong, even if they still did it.

So alas, I can't see any reason for Jonathan taking her back, but she is the mother of the kids and sometimes that matters.

Either way, a much better story than the ludicrous original, even if having its own over the top elements.

Thanks for the writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Too Late

Great Story! The lies and ultimatum she laid on him finished the relationship. How could any sane person behave like her? Women have a caring need but to abandon your family.

BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 11 years ago
Your version is much better...more satisfying.

Just hope Jonathan sticks to his guns and doesn't take the slut back. Rich got what he deserved....death. Susan became the leper that she acted like. Well written and a very enjoyable read.

elHosedelHosedalmost 11 years ago
Differing generations

This really highlights the values of differing generations. Unfortunately the Grey Brigade didn't understand this generation overly well. The world is setup to fuck over men, not allow them to preserve their dignity and still do the "right" thing.

Still better then the original, but I like Cantbymy's more. To me, a true romantic realizes that when something has been damaged this badly it's time to find love somewhere else.

wotmewotmealmost 11 years ago
never ever hopefully

much more satisfying ending, she learned the hard way, the grass isn't greener. I never understand why some women think that a bit on the side is acceptable, She chose a good man to marry then shits all over him and its his fault! (BTW female typing this) It confuses me, sad thing is I know a RL story very similiar to this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
No!

It would not be romantic for them to reunite. I know that they have the bond of the children but that doesn't mean that he has to be reminded of her total betrayal every day. He deserves to fully heal and eventually find a new life with a new love and she should suck it up and find her own way with her own support system and stop being selfish and let the man go!

SkibumSkibumalmost 11 years ago
the best ending

I've read several versions of possible endings for nicci's story, but this is my favorite so far. I wouldn't mind a sequel about Susan trying to win him back. I do prefer the btb ending, but you somehow rehabilitated Susan enough to give her a shot. And if you choose to keep them apart tell us about how Jonathon moves on with someone else. I for one, want to read more about these characters.

gravyruggravyrugalmost 11 years ago
Eh, probably not

From the story, it doesn't seem like she actually learned, so much as just gave up. She fought way too hard to keep her boyfriend, and only really gave up on him after he died. I have no problems with reconciliation, but only when the one who messed up learned the real lesson, and truly does better. And does better for the sake of being better, not as a means to get back with the one they betrayed.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 11 years ago
Fantastic

I'm also a romantic, and l would like to read about how grandma and her girl friends paved the way for Susan to get her husband back.

It would have to be one hell of a full attack plan on all fronts to get him to forget her cheating, but I think it would be a good read. Perhaps the towns folks would be in on it, their thinking that the two of them belonged together,especially if she lived on the ranch and had to work her ass off all day long.

Anyway, I really liked both chapters and enjoyed the story.

Thanks for the read.

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 11 years ago
I Liked It!

She paid the Price but so did Jonathan and her Kids.

I think if she trys it right she might have a Chance because Jonathan has not found a Replacement YET.

hansbwlhansbwlalmost 11 years ago
Sanity?

To drive a man into insanity for whatever reason is not very noble. He could achived the desired result without this element in the story.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Decent Revenge

The whore lost everything and everyone. To have them reconcile tears the balls off all men who have ever been betrayed by a cheating wife. Leave it as is. He is free of the cunt. Let him enjoy life...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
NOT YET

Not yet.

He needs to get her completely under his thumb and control all aspects of her behavior. A change in her appearance, the way she dresses; an uncomplimentary haircut or an old woman's permed style; make her gain weight while he loses it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
No cake

It's funny how women like to have their cake and eat it too. If they had nothing and marry into something and then they want it all after they have a "Change of Heart".

If you continue to write on this story I hope she continues to crash and burn. As far as I am concerned the bitch is only sorry she got caught and her lover is gone. She is lonely. Good she deserves it. Find someone who gets off on two loves. Well written. Keep it coming.

sugnasugnaalmost 11 years ago
Great Story!

This is a great story, well written and good plot. He got justice in the end but justice does not make a man whole.

If you want them to reconcile, here are some suggestions:

She has to really understand what she did to him, and their children. That could mean that she gets to watch him make love to another woman and give the woman the pleasure that used to be hers. Watch her children with the other woman and see them call her mom. She has to feel "replaced."

She has to be willing to sacrifice for his happiness, such as the typical plot line where he is going to get married to a young beautiful woman, and she has to assist in encouraging the relationship because she thinks he is in love with the young woman. When he doesn't go through with the marriage to the other woman, it is because he loves his ex wife.

He is distraught,because he can't stop loving her and get what he used to have with the ex. He expresses his anger towards her to the point of violence, she offers up her life to him, forgiving him, and promises not to tell anyone what happened if he beats her. When he can't harm her, he asks her how they can escape their hell. Her only answer is - love. She offers to love him for the rest of his life - no strings attached. No marriage, no demands on him, just her love. The love that she had promised him all those years ago. Any way he wants it she will be there for him.

They wind up living together, the kids are happy to see their mother and father in a loving relationship. Eventually, he has to stand up for his wife in a bar fight over her bad reputation. He is beaten up and laughed at for being a wimp. She takes care of him until he is recovered, then moves back to her parents house.

She understands the humiliation she has heaped upon him and how much he had to overcome to be with her. He goes and gets his her, proposes to her and invites the whole town to his wedding. The town has to forgive her too. They do, her husbands love for her wins the towns respect for her. The whole incident is named after her and used as an example to warn stupid people thinking about doing something foolish. Even her kids use the phrase "don't be a Susan" or some such term. Needless to say no children were ever named Susan in that town after that.

PrideInsightPrideInsightalmost 11 years ago
INSPIRED......

....... preferred this to nicci's.....the suicide bit was regrettable but life is full of predictabilities....the blocking of the phones....though had in a sense the desired outcome , makes it hard for reconciliation better to have listened in 'cause now is a question of "in the absence of a Rich...... ?"

...'cause when its all said and done it is the statement " you love me and you did it."he has to over come......

p.s.....don't know if any one noticed but her motivation was power she had over both men.......hope for her own sake her grandmother's assessment that she was broken is right.....because she has turned Jonathan into a dominant personality......

...GONE BE THE ROMANTIC.....you've crafted this too good to leave for someone else to butcher....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Never read Nici's story, but I liked yours. No, he should not take the slut back.

soulspicesoulspicealmost 11 years ago
A Romantic

Tax - you imply you would get them back together because you are a romantic. To me, that is not the romantic ending. What would be romantic would be to have him fall in love with someone who actually loves and respects him. She clearly does not. She still thinks what she did was OK. No matter what she says or does now, he would be an utter fool to take her back. Let him have his romantic ending - with someone who deserves him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Too much

Too much agony that went far too long. You are not a romantic, you are a burn the bitch guy. Divorce OK, some revenge, OK. He finds another woman, OK. She cries and regrets it, OK but you carried on too long with the revenge.

I hope the original version had an approach that would show some relationship to real life and a more subtle revenge. Regrets, divorce, reasonable revenge and life goes on and so it should.

The old testament says that the witches should be killed and boy we killed thousands of women from the 16th Century on. Thank god for womanhood, most of us got past that stage. The BTB crowd is still hanging in there though and they are thrilled with your revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
a chance

I think with the Gray Brigade backing her she does have a chance but she is going to have to eat a ton of crow. Thanks again for writing and sharing.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

Too many people involved in the alleged payback. Looks like she came from a family of sluts, even grandma. Love the way you write but prefer my ending in "before the end". I prefer the cheated find love not loneliness but that is just me. You are still one of my favorites but I do like to burn the bitch down.

johnnyjonesjohnnyjonesalmost 11 years ago
Thanks for a better ending...

The original was absolutely unbelievable. I've heard the expression "blood boiling" but never really understood it until I found that story. I find some inconsistencies in Jonathan's behaviour. Not sure he would ever have touched her after he found out about her affair but as a story it held together well. Thanks also for the rapid turn around in postings. Nice to not have to be kept stringing along.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
What would Nicci think?

Who cares, right? Tex, I think you, as much as anyone, have to agree that Nicci's original has become a classic, if only because it seemed to have such a profound affect on the readership of this site. Other's have attempted to reclaim her story, and make it more "satisfiying". You, because of great talent, have done a better job with it than others who have tried. I read with interest, and appreciate the added depth you put in to these characters. In other alternate endings to Nicci's story, I have commented how new author's changed the characters too much, not staying true to the original. I sense how you labored with that, but still succombed by changing their natures. May be it is impossible when taking an existing story, and recrafting it to make it your own. Well, I think you did a good job, and I thankyou for your work.

DunaDunaalmost 11 years ago
A Betli play

In my favorite Hungarian card play in the Robber Ulti there is a play type, the "Betli". You can win so you loose every rounds.

phill1cphill1calmost 11 years ago
Has She Paid Enough?

The first payment would have to be understanding what she actually did and feeling remorse for it. This woman STILL doesn't get it: she can't abandon her husband to "save" some other man and then expect to keep her husband.

It seems it's STILL all about her. Most people would accept that they fucked up and realize that a relationship has its arc and finality.

art1972art1972almost 11 years ago
Nice sequel

Nice work on the sequel. IMHO it would be a good read to get them back together if u could write it so she shows remorse and understands what she did. Fun to have the Gray Brigade help them unit and the wemen of the farm stand up to the men and help her.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007almost 11 years ago
interested

I would like to read about the slut wife's attempt to regain a relationship with her ex husband. I would hope that she is doomed to failure.

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 11 years ago
Great story!!

Thanks for sharing.

Mousse9Mousse9almost 11 years ago

I agree with most of the others. That Susan at the end of this story, still does not understand/realize just how much she has hurt Jonathan. Her thoughts after Jonathan told her about Rich's suicide, tells volumes. She STILL wanted both, it's only the circumstances (everybody else) that kept her and Rich apart.

It's pretty much as they say, she regrets getting caught, not the affair itself. Susan regretted losing Jonathan's love, her reputation, standing, money, her house, her children, but NOT regretted the affair itself.

As for Rich's suicide, it was actually rather creepy to read. Like the "Gray Brigade" I thought he'd just move away, instead of committing suicide. And was his wife's death an accident? In in his internal monologues, Rich kept saying it was. So they inadvertently drove a man to suicide. Creepy...

"May Darren rest in peace. Her Jimmy was a good man, but that Darren, he'd been special. Amazing. Thank God, he'd gone to the grave keeping her secret. She still felt shame for that lost weekend, shame and excitement."

I had to read that part twice to get it. So Susan's grandma had fucked a married man, the husband of one of her best friends, even. Damn....At least it's better than fucking for over a year, and demanding the spouse to be OK with it...

As for the romantic part....It's more romantic if Cinderella gets away from her abusive stepfamily and marry the prince, than her going back to her stepfamily when they say "oops, sorry". Better that Jonathan finds a woman who really loves and respects him, and who he can trust, rather than going back to a Susan who basically only mourns the loss of her cushy life.

Excellent story, much better than Nici's.

looking4itlooking4italmost 11 years ago
Huh?

So you leave you story just as open ended as Nici did? Why? The way you wrote it I do not believe that she still to this day believe she was wrong. Perhaps wrong to tell him but she feels no remorse for what she did. And apparently it is a family trait. I enjoyed your touch until the end. Left a rather sour taste in my mouth that colors the rest of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Goodbye Nici

Six years,a woman's view, too gushy, definitely not a man's thinking like these two closing chapters.

maninconnmaninconnalmost 11 years ago
Great job

I liked your alternate take. Susan was really clueless at every step. If she didn't get back with her husband after she stopped and supposedly reformed, I don't see much hope. You don't burn a bridge as completely as he did with the hope there is a still a chance.

geopri71geopri71almost 11 years ago
ending

Nice story, I believe they should get back together. They have both been punished enough by each other and others.

i

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 11 years ago
FOLKS these are 2 DIFFERENT QUESTIONS..

The question of whether not the wife has learned her lesson and realize what she has done ... whether she has paid enough of a price vs. whether not they should reconcile .... are two totally different questions. Sure they have some interconnection and overlap but there are several combinations possible here. The wife may have paid enough... suffered enough-- but still not fully realize which she has done.

OR the wife may fully realize what she has done but the pain and hurt she has caused cannot be overlooked. Right now it is hard to say... the wife HAS suffered alot but as to whether or not she fully grasps what she did... and deserves a 2nd chance at some point ...is UNCERTAIN.

MerlHaggertMerlHaggertalmost 11 years ago
Finish

Your damn right it needs to be finished and you do it now dammit. I thought this was very well done. I loved the sense of community that this story shows. Very well done. Don't have somebody else write a romantic ending, you do it. GITTERDONE

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Enough...no more

I'd prefer if you wrap up CvsN and Two Moms, Two Laps instead of this.

tiger46tiger46almost 11 years ago
Beat's nici's story by a country mile

l agree that she only felt bad about hurting Jonathan, and had no remorse about actually having an affair. Loyalty meant nothing and never will.

SirThopasSirThopasalmost 11 years ago
Awesome

Powerful and effective storytelling. A few liberties taken with character to keep the plot moving where you desired, but who doesn't do that? The primary characters were very effectively human. The scene where the estranged couple have sex, and how dissonant their interpretations of that event are, is great and insightful work.

sqheadgermansqheadgermanalmost 11 years ago
well, what to say

Every one wants to say something. Yes, our world is not perfect. We stray, some more than others. Others want to judge so. Remember GOD and his son has the finnal say. sqhead

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
good story bad ending

hubby should have found a new love that loves his kids.....BTB let her live in pain once she cheated and tried to humiliate her LOYAL husband...let her eat shit and die....

RePhilRePhilalmost 11 years ago
5 Stars & Favorite

No cuckold here!! And you' e paved the way for a reconciliation after his perfect retribution. The lover is dead that's as mich as any man can expect. Now the challenge. I don't think there is any writer in our section that could write this potential reconciliation better than you can. BUT bet your bottom dollar if you don't someone else will :):)

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilalmost 11 years ago
Great read but....

There were a couple things that didn't sit right for me.

Mostly, it was the way Rich was treated. He was a bastard and di not deserve coddling. But to have the doctor's office refuse treatment while we was being tortured was too much. It could be considered manslaughter. I had no doubt while reading this where it would end.

I agree that Susan never seemed to get it. Still hubby seemed rather cruel. I don't think he should have acted differently but he should have realized that his stringing her along, making her think they could still recover and then blindsiding her was a necessary evil to protect himself and regretted it. He seemed a good man and said he loved her and this felt like revenge. I understand his wanting to be rid of her, but he hurt the mother of his children which would hurt them.

I do wonder about that ending. Seems there is a story in grandma's past. And I suspect grandpa has some inkling of it too. If so, maybe Susan could learn something good from it. Even if she never gets him back, maybe she could understand the wrong she did him and accept her guilt. It would be worth it's own story.

Still a better ending than the original filler. I won't call it a story since I think it was only done to placate some complainers.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Loved it but!

Hopeless myself! How about a sequel! 5 or 10 years down the line. It would take at least that long for any reconciliation. Come on write it!!!!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 11 years ago
Triumph of the ill : Legendary literary toxic asset poison eventually overcomes the undeniable talent & best intententions of Tx Tall Tales

" Bravo " & " Fie" upon TTT for having the guts to try to rehab this blighted chronicle of marital mishap. The fact is the two original principal characters are both so warped that if one didn't execute a murder/suicide to thwart their spouse from getting their way, the other one would have pulled the trigger.

Susan is a sociopath ruled by over-weening emotions of self interest. Jonathen is so oblivious, he accepts take out meals, proffered as a proper dinner by this twat for two years, while he kills his sensiabilities working overtime. They are both beyond the pale of palatability.

I give credit to the author for trying. In trying to turn the tide of the inevitable. He gave the original characters a psyche make-over that beggered belief....a noble failure.

Ultimately the trouble with waging wars in the hinterlands of Somalia & Afghanistan is that the best possible outcome is that you win & become responsible for these hinterlands of heart, soul & mind. Such is the case with this sucubuss of the original story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Something You Have to Write About

You certainly finished Nici's tale well, but have you finished with Susan? What self-understanding does she still need before she can be a loving, faithful wife again? Maybe Jonathan and Susan need to find new people to love or maybe they can begin a new and lasting relationship with each other. You're the author; how do you see their lives unfold? [Of course, you could get very ironic and put them back together, but have Jonathan talk to her about another woman that needs him and so he tells Susan he will share his love with both of them!]

karan9876karan9876almost 11 years ago
No she has not paid enough.

No she has not paid enough. Hope this answers your question. A texan (TX) cant be so soft. Wimp. Considering her crime, total BTB would be the only option.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Anon

Normally i'd want the story finished, but honestly. I just didn't care. Not your best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Reconcile only in part.

They need each other. The kids need both. Perhaps an accident on the ranch that injures him requiring nursing care for several months. However she still needs to understand what she did and how it was so terribly wrong and hurtful.

The story really brings up some intriguing issues and potential consequences. Please continue with another chapter!

firas01firas01almost 11 years ago
5 stars

but i am bothered by a couple of points, first, driving rich to his death seems too much, and the whole town turning against her and her lover sounds like a little contrived, no matter how people in small towns seems to adopt the same beliefs, but still you can find people or groups who disagree, And, there was no mention of any friends of the wife, how did she end up with such way of thinking if not discussed and approved by some friends and family even, like the grandmother who appeared suddenly at the end, also like another poster pointed, i was disturbed by the scene at the clinic. And, killing Rich has kind of eliminated the possibility for us to know what would happen between him and her if he is still alive, they were literally forced to be apart, how logical and practical is that is questionable, but what if he was left alone, you know it was not only his fault, will the wife feel such remorse and would she want to rebuild her family, the author implies that she has suffered enough and maybe it is time for her to stop suffering, but IS SHE CHOOSING HER FAMILY ESPECIALLY THAT NOW SHE DOESNT HAVE ANY OTHER OPTIONS, this is in a way why i am against Rich's death, because the wife didnt dump him willingly . however, a great story, thanks for sharing.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 11 years ago
Continuation better than Nici's

Well, it took a brigade of family and village to support this reversal of fortune, most of these resources were not suggested in Nici's Ch1 conundrum. But neither were they denied therein!

Concur with RezWevil that a health professional would NOT deny services under these conditions. Otherwise, this is a big stretch, but Nici provided an excellent 'Hard Nut To Crack!' That evens it out, in my world!

Good Job!

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 11 years ago
I loved it

I am a romantic like you,tx,and I would love for it to work,but she has a lot of work to do making amends,and it would take a lot,and saying sorry I hurt you or I fell in live won't work.Among other things she has to acknowledge that Rich was a,scumbag who used her and prove it by showing him real hate.If she,insists rich was this poor guy who did nothing wrong,she wouldnt be showing jon loyalty.Tx,a very intelligent story,a btb with heart,a rarity.

DunaDunaalmost 11 years ago
The Imprtinent Serial Cheater Wives

I remember when I discovered the revenge and consequence stories in authum of 2010 , I read Nici's story and I was total astonished from the all story. I imagined some revenge sequels to that story too that time. Naturaly this story much better, than my revenge ideas were that time..........

The Impertinent Serial Cheater Wives are a very good author aim for revenge story negative character.

The last example is before this story (and Nici's one) MortonGrange "Caroline Alone", but I think the one of the best author found negative impertinent character is Carol Martin from FrancisMacomber's "The Six O'Clock News Slot"...........

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
you took a shit story and turned it around

I gave it 5 due to how horrible nici story was that was painful to read

BTTapBTTapalmost 11 years ago
Great

Easy 5. Very entertaining. In the end, a rather routine BTB tale (without gross violence, etc.), but really well done. Wife never seemed to truly repent the wrongness of her actions, although she certainly repented the fall-out, and maybe the hurt she put her husband through. The ending was clever, a nice little twist.

Reconciliation? Hard to believe that will ever happen. Even if hubby forgives, and even if he is willing to open up to and trust her again, how can he ever take her back with her past being well-known throughout the community.

I was rather bummed by the fall-out the kids had to experience.

"God, she was tight. Deliciously so. Twenty-three friggin' years old, and tight as a middle-schooler."-Gross.

dbdukedbdukealmost 11 years ago
Finish It.

Everybody likes to here a happy finish for all concerned. It would be up to you with whom they have their happy ending with or without. Thanks for a continuation of Niki's original story.

DunaDunaalmost 11 years ago
A little discussion

A little definition discussion..........

The three main types of the cheating wives are the next:

1. The sex addict cheating wives are the sluts. They are the most harmful to give STDs to the husbands. For example one type of the fine Hepatitis viruses.

2. The serial cheater wives, who cheat rarlier than the sluts. They are picky and they cheat for sake of the adventurouse thrill or to want conquer somebody.

3. The third type cheater wives are the whores. They cheats for job promotion, money or other valuable thing.

Sheryl from Radk''s story "Audit Surprise" is the third type.................She is a whore!

Nici's (and TTT) character Susan is the second type Serial Cheater Wife. They want to sit on two horsebacks in same time. They want to gather emotional benefit from loverboy and husband same time. The serial cheater wives's affairs are not only sex, but emotional as well. So the Serial Cheater Wife can suffer the most from the revenge and the best revenge aim for an Author.........

A whores and a sluts can be frree to live their own nature after the divorce (and revenge), but the Serial Cheater not....................

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caalmost 11 years ago
Lobster

I'd say that he is stuck with the misguided whore wife, if he can't stick with a hardbodied fiery ginger schoolteacher then he is still attached th the wife for life just like a lobster, so he might as well get back what he can as opposed to sparaduc sex with strangers. So if youre going down that path then there should be all the fire and new flavours she wanted.. Sexual servitude, bondage, nipple piercings & clit. .... Naked week somewhere tropical, hedonism lookd good. Take her back at the price of total sexual servitude.. (Evil laugh)

Kiddo1001Kiddo1001almost 11 years ago
My 2 cents

Tx,

From another southern boy with BTB mind set, this was a better ending than Nici. However, you left open the possibility of them getting back together. Can't happen. The trust that is needed will never be there again. Don't care how much she or he wants to be together again, never will be the same. Even "Trust, but verify" is no way to live as a couple.

t_i_n_at_i_n_aalmost 11 years ago
just make the difficulty clear

Time and actions can explain the changes of heart. What was not accomplished in the current writing, and this is good, is her realization that what she did was completely wrong. Some event needs to occur to bring her that realization, and to have her ex realize that she's finally gotten it! Then there could be another story and a reconnection. She has to become a new person, and one he falls for.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Hopeless romantic my ass

You are one sick puppy, so much hate.

BTTapBTTapalmost 11 years ago
2nd time

It occurred to me that reconciliation would be much harder/more unlikely for 2 other reasons: (1) the wife never broke it off with Rich (they were kept apart, mostly, by circumstances outside themselves and then, ultimately, his demise); she got a sense during their last meeting that he was a callous asshole, and disrespected her hubby, but never got confirmed in that opinion on her own, without her coming to her senses on her own vis a vis Rich, how could hubby ever reconcile; (2) his death actually worked against reconciliation, as she may always feel he was a 'good guy,' confirmed in her opinion that her love did in fact save him the first go-around, in other words-that she had done the right thing, so no true remorse for the wrongness of what she did will ever be possible, she will live with his ghost forever.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Is someone capable of being that stupid

An affair is one thing but this is to unbelievable to be possible. What women could possibly believe she could love two men and still be happily married to her husband. And expect him to accept her behavior. With 3kids no less. Now this is far fetched . And the revenge from the husband went to far in destroying these cheaters. Sure there should be some payback. But to destroy them totally was a bit too much. How could she be that thick headed and stupid at was was happening that just made it unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
5 stars

The stars at night,

Are big and bright,

Deep in the heart of Texas!

I'm entering this comment & rating right after reading your second installment.

Have not read any other comments, don't have to. We all know what the haters will say.

Your story was brilliant. Better by far than any of the other Nici responses,

Keep writing. Every day. Don't stop.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good

Don`t ruin it by letting the slut return!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
symmetry

2 years of being faithless, 1of having sex behind his back.

2 years to win him back? Not that she deserves him back. She doesn't. But this world would be a dark place without a little thing called mercy. Mercy can't be earned, taken, bought or anything. It can only be given. Not that I would. Hell no. But the concept is nice.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

more of a question. if this is such a small town that EVERYONE spits on her and in her coffee and and knows every place she goes how did the slut go two years being his pretend wife, cleaning, cooking, fucking, when there was a neighbor three houses down who missed it?

That is the problem when you get a story where all these people are involved, why didn't they say something sooner?

and all those people involved in making the fuck buddy go crazy and kill himself, way to many people involved in a homicide, probably manslaughter under the statutes where i am from, plus the burglary and everything else.

a Mafa family head once said that three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead. small town that it is one will say something and wifey will hear about it and head for the district attorney or since one of the perps is a retired judge, to the attorney general.

if you are going to kill someone off you need to do it with only family involved.

hey, i hate fucking cheaing slut whores, maybe i will write a get back together story, who better to do it than someone who killed her off when i wrote my version of this. well maybe not.

love your writing though.

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOatsalmost 11 years ago

Y'know, I've really come to enjoy your stories, wherever they may lead. Forge on. I'll follow.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 11 years ago
Thanks FireAss, Mousse, NJLauren &BTTap

The point needed to be made that Bull's suicide pre-empted Sweetie's recognition that he was a selfish asshole, rather than a lost soul whom she was justified in helping and eventually giving her love and body! Thanks to those who added that subtle point which makes her possible reconciliation (with herself, if not Hubby) much more difficult!

MitchFraellMitchFraellalmost 11 years ago
Susan was Naive and Stupid

Susan recognised that Rich was suicidal with guilt because he caused the death of his wife. The others did not talk to Rich and so did not know this. She wanted to help him but did not have the proper skills. All she could offer was sex. She should have directed him to a specialist to deal with his problems, not tried to to it herself. She was loving and good hearted but if a similar situation comes up again she would do the same again because she does not know any better. If she could have talked to her husband he should have told her not to get involved but she did not speak to him. This does not excuse her cheating which showed her to be naive and stupid.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307almost 11 years ago
Very interesting...

... but don't tease us. Anybody who's been on this site more than five minutes knows this story is going to end in reconciliation so go ahead and post the third chapter. Like StangStar06 often does, you've somehow made your villainous bitch sympathetic. Not a big fan of so called "happy endings" but would like to see your conclussion to this sad tale. Call me a glutten for punishment.

DunaDunaalmost 11 years ago
What a different

I think there are some readers who can not see the different once an extramarital sex in her/his life which may be forgivable in special circumtensis and one year sitting on two horsebacks............In my story plan is a story, which deal with a such life situation, that the wife has a some months affair and the husband discovers this. They almost divorced and they remain for the three children with reconcilation and the husband will have a love affair with a woman...............and he will have a new wife 10 years later..........

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyalmost 11 years ago
Wow! I Was Pretty Close

My close friend had a similar life, with a wife who regularly travelled to the same city and had a second life there, including a boyfriend. He divorced her and she move to the other city. He also got custody of their boys. It lasted a little over a year and she was back, with huge remorse and guilt. Eventually, he took her back. She became a master chef, gained weight, became the most lovable friend, became a completely different person. Every case is different. He did the right thing. After reading your chapter one, I predicted a similar ending. Not too far off.

DunaDunaalmost 11 years ago
What a newer different

@ SparksWillFly Did your friend's wife stand in front of your friend and she told him: I want to be with my loverboy and you with our common children??????? Here Susan was impertinent and she told him...................

I think your friend's (that time ex) wife found herself with a (serial cheater, alcohol, violent, drug, gambling abuser) loverboy. She discovered she is a mother and her children WILL NOT TAKE TO HER THE GRANDCHILDREN!!!!!!! AND SHE WAS LUCKY, because her exhusband did not find Second Chance woman. With children is more difficult to find Second Chance man or woman.........

BTW I recommend you two stories from Lit:

Vulcez "How Are You?" and Cpete "Ugly American".

And a story from SOL (storiesonline.net).

Happyhugo's story "Jasmine".

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 11 years ago
BTB! Simple, really.

No other option. And do her lover too!

connoisseur29connoisseur29almost 11 years ago
Duh!

Stupid twat! Good reading nevertheless. Cheers!

Alaska84Alaska84almost 11 years ago
Loved it!

Very nice take. I don't know if Jonathan has it in him to forgive her. Not many men would or could given his circumstances!

Keep writing and we will keep reading your stories!

ILienBagbyILienBagbyalmost 11 years ago
I Can Say

that I am glad that tx tall tales is a romantic. I am with him in hoping that Susan and Jonathan do manage to rework their relationship. I am not sure, based on the evidence of the story so far, that they will be able to get together again, but I hope that they will. People can change, can grow; perhaps Susan did.

No matter the foregoing: thank you Tx Tall tale for a fine, fine story.

nakdsubnakdsubalmost 11 years ago
What ending?

Damn; what is it that makes so many writers think it's cool to write 2/3 or a story?

This was extremely well done; well written; well fleshed out; an easy 5*, all the way until the last paragraph and I realized the author was not going to give us a complete story. Hell, if want to imagine the end of a story, I'll just imagine the whole thing.

What a waste of time...

Mousse9Mousse9almost 11 years ago

As much as I'd like to take partial credit for it, Lickideesplit, I didn't say anything about Rich's death making reconciliation more difficult. =P

Only Firas and BTTAP said that. I had wanted to make a second comment saying that that was a REALLY good point. With Rich's death, Susan's ONLY option was to go back to Jonathan. She didn't have a choice.

A big "what if": What if Rich had lived, if he HAD moved away, and she found out that everybody was in on keeping them apart? Who would she have chosen, Jonathan or Rich? That is an extremely important question, especially for Jonathan. We'll never know now.

(My opinion though, she probably still would've wanted both, still end up divorced, and blaming Jonathan for being "unreasonable".)

And I can barely believe TX created a readable and interesting story from Nici's tale...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Wow, I had a lot of sympathy for Jonathan.

Until the vicious little prick set his own underage daughter up to be sexually assaulted and nearly raped, and his son brutally beaten defending her. What the fuck kind of animal does that to his own kids to get even with his wife, no matter how much of a slut she is? The kids didn't deserve that, they did nothing wrong. I happen to enjoy BTB stories a great deal, but way too many of them go on like this.

Prick has some serious atoning to do and years of his daughter's therapy to pay for. There are lines you don't cross, and that is one of them. Pre-emptive shut the fuck up to any of the more extreme among the BTB crowd - he may not have paid the kids to rape his daughter, but as a man he knew goddamn well how kids treat girls whose mother have a reputation like that. How they treat boys. The daughters are just whores, and the boys are either wimps or deserve the beatings they get for defending their whore sisters. Jonathan a guy, and to pretend that as a guy he wouldn't know that would happen after spending so much time destroying his wife's reputation across town is just criminally stupid in terms of his overall plotting and masterminding.

Five stars for a great story, three taken away for turning the husband into a monster. BTB stories have a wonderful heat to them, seeing the cheating whore get her due, but when it's the children who are punished by their supposedly loving father? That leaves me cold.

calclovercalcloveralmost 11 years ago
Well Written as Usual

I don't think a reconciliation with Susan would ever be warrranted under any circumstances considering her behavior. 5* I did go back and read "When Words Wander" by Josephus which was another continuation of Nicis story.There was one thing about that story tht sat well with me. That was Jonathon moved on with his life. He found a true soulmate in another woman and I guess lived happily ever after. Well worth the read I think one of the better stories in this genre.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
you really

are an idiot a dumb shit. what a pathetic try! your the bigger wimp as the original author , who by the way only wrote one chapter not 3.

write your own stories and don't fuck up someone elses.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
neo

the question is if that bastard had not died would she be repenting her actions?? never once did she confess that she was wrong to have carried away in her fantasy and temptations of falling in love with someone when all she could have done was to have a meaningful discussion with her husband. The story by nici and the story here where a wife openly brags abt her affair and forcing her husband to accept it and continue with it, is unrealistic. a man has his pride and he who honors his commitments will never accept such a thing. sorry NICI you got to be a psycho or a mentally imbalanced woman(or a man) who is far from reality where you want a man to accept his wife's infidelity and continue her affair with other person. The above writing and handling of the situation was a good try. still the punishment was not enough for her to realize the disgusting thing she's defending every time, even after that bastard killed himself. jonathan should have married some other lady or taken a lover to rub it in her face and make her realize how it feels. pathetic moron bitch.

fiddler2068fiddler2068almost 11 years ago
Much Better

Nici's version, only a woman or a female pretending to be a man could write something like that and believe that would be the outcome. No man who has any shred of self respect would accept what she wrote. Your version is much more realistic. Women just don't understand that men have been hunters and predators since time immemorial. No man who is not a total wuss would put up with any of that crap. Women like Nici don't understand that if you shatter the love a man has for a woman, the darkness within is unleashed and will take no prisoners. No problems with the reconciliation, but she must pay for her idiocies.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Excellent, 2/3s of a story

as long as the closing extra comments are ignored. Finish the story and lay off the games.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good Story,

Too bad you didn't finish it. Now someone else will have to finish it for you. I hope you learn by your mistakes. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
GREAT

I really liked the story--A Huedog story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
To Extreme......MAN...

Like CANTBUYMY said too many people involved i mean how people just walk up to someone and say shit and the fastfood joint please I think that old ass man would be picking his dentures up off the floor or snatched through that drive thru widow. to many people involved. Jonathan was not only a very very jealous guy but he had a lot of self esteem issues. You clearly see he still really love Susan very much Jonathan just couldn't get over the issue she had, I'm not condoning cheating cause it's wrong no matter what but he seem just as confused as Susan. He let her threaten him with divorce but at the same time he was going to divorce anyway think about it she didn't work he quit his job stop paying morgage and moved to the farm. And during all of this he still was fucking Susan blind and pretending he did not love her. but yet he can't settle down with any one. I think if there were another installment here Jonathan would take Susan back in a heart beat because the sex was sooooo damned gooood. especially that dick sucking. He Miss that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Nicely done

Great read. Your stories are hard to put down.

FD45FD45almost 11 years ago
Well written, inventive, original...

And I didn't like it (much)

Oh, most of it was fine. But they absolutely mentally destroyed this man and drove him to suicide. Did he hurt J? Yes. Did he steal everything from him? No. There is no equity. If J is schtupping every barmaid in the county, he is not that hurt.

But at least J had an excuse. HE was the harmed party. These grandparents listened to this man crying out of pain and frustration for WEEKS...and not one of them broke or said 'enough'. None of them knew J. None of them knew Rich...but they tortured him to death anyway for a principle few actually lived up to.

That is a long LONG shadow to inflict on a story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I gave 5 stars ...

... If I thought about it hard then maybe 3 stars, but this is erotic lit "no thinking required" so 5 stars, let the guilty pay and the wronged live well.

Panther Fan.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Like your version better

I too have been classified in a personality test as a Romantic Idealist so yes I think they should get back together. This would require a great deal of coaching by her grandmother. Not sure if remarriage is the best maybe just living together as if they were married. All of the above with the one caveat, she must realize that being alone with a man must be preapproved and one act of adultery means finite.

CreeperclawCreeperclawalmost 11 years ago
I Like It, Much Better than the Original.

I applaud the way he chose to handle this situation, thee only real downside was the treatment that the children would endure. Although it might cause them to grow up with strong morals, to not walk the same path as their mother. I usually love a good BTB story, but reconciliation is also acceptable. It isn't acceptable here in this story because Susan still expresses no sorrow, remorse or regret for what she had done only what she's lost. If she can figure out how wrong she was, then maybe she might deserve another chance but to take her back now she'd be too likely to do it again.

She had no respect for her husband at all, in fact in most cheating wife stories the woman says "it's just sex" or "i dont love him" No, here she blatantly say's she loves another man to her own husband. She was an unappreciative and self serving bitch who deserves her social stigma.

HardFeltHardFeltalmost 11 years ago
I like it

I gave it five stars. Only the truly best get five stars on this site. The story development was extremely well executed and the characters were real in the authors description.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
sorry about Rich

but when you play with another man's wife, there's a price to pay.

as for Susan, I figure that a couple of years of Max seeing her doing her damndest to prove she's worth another chance might actually get her one eventually, but not until she's stayed in her world of hurt long enough to learn that if she does this to Max again, she might as well jump off a bridge.

rainbow001rainbow001almost 11 years ago
Thank You

Thank you for writing what I feel was the most believable if not engaging of sequels to the originals. Thanks for sharing your talents with us. I understand your comments at the end but i would really like to see if your version of chapter 3 matches the one in my head...

TexarManTexarManalmost 11 years ago
Like your version better also

I like the way you handled the whole story. You always do such a good job keeping my attention and at the same time throw in a few surprises. I would like to see how and if she could get him back the trust will be very hard to regain. I would think the Jonathan would have to make her pass some type of test to feel like he might be able to start over and give her another chance. Your such a good story teller I am sure you could come up with one. Maybe have someone go after her like Rich did and or a lot of little hurdles along the way that she had to do like not denying Jonathan anything.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Much better ending

But no, Jonathan should not soften and take her back. The level of narcissism that she displayed so clearly when she was with Rich doesn't go away. It just gets tucked away for a while and reappears down the road. Please, brother, don't make that mistake.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
You R Good !!!

We need more !!! 5*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
20376 Followers
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories