All Comments on 'Something... Talk About in Tx Ch. 02'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 454 Comments (Page 3)
Dirty_SteveDirty_Steveover 8 years ago
Unfinished?!?!

I wish there was more, I don't mind letting her back in if she could figure out what went wrong. Really understand it. This is great writing and I wish there was more. Not a cheap epilogue but real story telling.

You are awesome!

Tim413413Tim413413over 8 years ago
Extremely well done!

I don't picture the gray brigade being much help so I can go my merry way and assume they'll never get completely back together. The author had the annoying habit of overusing pronouns. He'd have two or three males in a scene and refer to all as he, him, etc. Same problem with two or more females.

sdc97230sdc97230over 8 years ago
He had to let her back in, temporarily

If he had just gone straight for divorce, then the nightmare scenario she and her lover had presented of her getting the house, the kids, and alimony would have happened. He had to position himself with no job and no money (on paper) and owning no property but still having a better home for him and his kids with his family than she could provide in order for his having custody to be "in the best interests of the children" in the eyes of a court.

PeteCedarPeteCedarover 8 years ago
Fantastic

I never could have thought the original story could have been saved. This was an excellent finish to the cluster to where the original story ended. He stood for his principals and she was given exactly what she gave - no quarter. Love never dies when you have children, but sometimes it is not enough. The boyfriend was treated exactly as he should have been. A predator like him deserves anything that can be given, up to and including what he received here. They see nothing wrong with ruining the marriages of anyone they set their sights on. This story couldn't have ended any better.

That being said, I would love to see the next chapter to this story. It was obvious that there was an opening left, not for a reconciliation, but a possible do-over. She would have to prove that she could be trusted again and he would have to learn forgiveness without letting the remembrance of what she did cloud all his options. Could he ever do that? Another chapter might tell us. 5* and one of my favorite stories.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Re-Reading

“Starting rumors and gossip about us?” – They're not really “rumors” if they're true!

As someone else said, she met Rich at a party. She doesn’t have a job, so it couldn’t have been a work party, so what kind of a party was she going to without her husband?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
yesshe has paid enough

now she needs to et her whoring ass in gear and move on to a new life in some other place. she will never deserve to have what is threw away back. she is even too stupid to see it as wrong good writing author

tigger119tigger119about 8 years ago
Loved it, however.......

The part where he is with Aideen brought up a troubling question. Just how is it that he knows how tight a middle schooler is? Hmmmmm?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I Meant That I Loved This Story

Finally a story that started, continued and finished well!!

anon49anon49about 8 years ago
Better than original

Much better than Nick original.

Would like a followup

MbgdallasMbgdallasabout 8 years ago
Asshole.

Jonathan was just a lousy bastard. An asshole. He didn't deserve her. Did she do wrong? Yes. But what he did back was just cruel and unforgivable. I hope he dies a painful death.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Awesome work

Simply awesome.

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeabout 8 years ago
Like (Grand)Mother Like Daughter Or It's In The Genes!

So here right at the end we find out that Bridget, Susan's grandmother, was a cheating slut just like her granddaughter. The apple surly never falls far from the tree!

It takes more than a romantic to be stupid enough to take back a cock hungry slut who cheated on you for two years, it takes a complete fool! A woman; Who wanted to make her husband a willing Cuckold, who threatened to ruin him financially, who threatened to take away his children forever, who refused to leave her lover when given the chance, who only came back when she literally had no other choice, who never really felt, understood or acknowledged the pain and humiliation she forced upon her husband without the least remorse until he took action.

Trust such a cold blooded bitch? Better to clutch a viper to your bosom. No forgiveness here. To forget history is to repeat it, a cheater always cheats again. It's in their genes!

Just My Opinion, YMMV

Morgan DeWolfe

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeabout 8 years ago
@ Mbgdallas 03/10/16

Whines a closet cuckold!

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 8 years ago

I guess being a whore runs in the family on Susan's side of the family.

He's not that old, the trust is gone, he should find someone new to love, someone who will also be a good mother for his kids, perhaps he could also father another child.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good right up to the end

Right up to the point where it was left open to her screwing with his life trying to get him back. She had a emotional relationship with another man for two years and physically fucking him for a year. She tells her husband that she will be cuckolding him by still playing house and fucking another man. If the 'grey brigade' hadn't worked him over she would still be fucking the asshole. She has no remorse for what she did to her husband and kids. She only whines about what she lost and how it's affected her. He needs to let her know in no uncertain terms that there will be no reconciliation and other than interact with her for the children's sake, they will not be having dinner, dating, or anything that will be interpreted an 'getting to know each other again'. She had a 'wifely' relationship with another man and cannot be trusted ever again.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through...

An intriguing ending. Dark, with a light hearted ending?

Seeker1107Seeker1107almost 8 years ago
@MGBdallas, he isn't the one

He isn't the one who cheated, he isn't the one who set out to destroy a marriage. I don't care why he was depressed. It's like the old saying, if you can't do it with your spouse in the room then it's wrong. If he would have done even 1/16th of this to her, she would have kicked him out and taken him to the cleaners with no remorse. Isn't that what she threatened him with if he found someone on the side for himself?

As for dear old grandma, ever hear the line of letting sleeping dogs lay? She will try somethings that are bound to fail and piss off the rest of the men. Stay out of it altogether and leave the guy to himself. They are divorced and he will always have that nagging doubt about her no matter what!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Very good

Way better than the original.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5

great LW story, eat shit annony!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

Vote 1* for 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐔𝐌𝐁 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐘 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐄™ (that's what her clients call her) aka BONNIE/VASTIE aka ANON!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
What an idiot

@Anonymous 6/21/16 - ignorant assholes like you are a blight on society. Always taking the cheaters side, lying, making up stats and laws. Women do NOT always get the kids. In many States Cheaters do NOT receive alimony. In a lot of small towns, justice really is upheld, and community opinion matters a lot. You are stupid and shouldn't be allowed the use of a keyboard. Ignorant apologist who always sides with the cheating slut. Fuck you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
EXCEPTIONAL TAKEOFF FROM THE ORIGINAL PIECE OF SHIT STORY BUT....

you ended it with a successful cheater conniving with a cold blooded one (until she DIDN'T get what she'd already THOUGHT about and was so God damned certain that she was going to get when she dictated her pronouncement) to re-convince the man who, because of what the Cheating Cunt did to him, will very likely never again let any woman get next to his heart.

She's clutching at straws and refuses to face the fact that, with this man, she'll never again share what she had. She's just another self centered slut who had it and betrayed it ... caused incalculable misery and has forever forfeited all claim to it. Like so many, she won't face it or let herself see that the damage she did is irreparable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
until the end

FIRST - true real life cheating wife exposed on Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com. The info on that profile cost serial cheating wife her position as college instructor in Helena Montana. There was also photo, emails, IM ordering student to have sex.

Until your suggestion of RAAC at end I liked story. The indication that a group of females would conspire to help that hateful cheating wife is repulsive. Would they be so inclined to help husband who cheated and abandoned his wife and children.

She only wanted marriage restored because she lost her lover

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 7 years ago
Redemption, if earned, is good

I must be as much a romantic as Tx Tall Tales. Susan was a lying, selfish, tortuous, and tempestuous bitch with no sense of empathy. But she has been through purgatory and, maybe, been recast into someone worth saving. Revenge can be good, but when it further damages the injured party, it is like pissing into the wind, and it won't keep one warm on a cold night.

Let the bitter ones without sin cast the first stone.

BillandKateBillandKateover 7 years ago
Good Job Tex

I agree 100% with Boomerbill's comments below. Thanks Tex for taking a good (original) story and making it better, in this crazy world we need a little optimism, redemption and true forgiveness.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
NEVER, EVER BE CRITICAL OF THE OLD TIMERS

what they lack in young they overcome in super smarts. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
boomerbill

How did she earn redemption. She never changed her predatory lover killed himself.

Well perhaps she did change-went from being a deceitful, arrogant, treacherous narcissist to a lonely full of self-pity why me? Narcissist.

One does not need to be bitter as you imply to have no sympathy

for her. She ran around abandoning family's needs for two years, told husband she would destroy him take kids if he didn't allow her to continue affair in open because lover wanted her to spend weekends and nights with him.

Someone has a one time lapse in judgement -sins- then repents and changes ways should not be stoned I agree.

However she chose to repeatedly commit the same sin without guilt or remorse demanding GOD AMEND THE TEN COMMANDMENTS-

Fairly certain HE might cast more than a pebble in her direction.

Yep I DID REFER TO GOD USING MASCULINE GENDER. NO WAY GOD IS FEMALE EASY ENOUGH PROOF. FEMALES ARE ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT HOW IMPERFECT MALES ARE, HOW THEY NEED TO BE RE-WORKED NO WAY GOD-IF GOD WAS A FEMALE WOULD CREATE SUCH AN OBVIOUSLY DEFECTIVE SPECIE OF MALES

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Completion Of An Otherwise Dreary Story

I have two ex-wives, and I pray each and every day that one of them will return to me as the woman I had once loved; not as the cheating bitches they became. It wouldn't be the worst thing to happen if Susan could someday find herself back into Jonathan's acceptance and welcomed back as his wife and lover and in-house mother of their three children. But I can also respect his decision to divorce her and move on with his life.

JeepLover42JeepLover42over 7 years ago
I had to write this

I did not read the original story, but the way you wrote the wife in this story made her into such a colossally selfish, idiotic cartoon of a person that it is impossible for me to suspend belief.

Also, if anyone lives in a town where they think it is ok to rape a preteen because her mother had an affair, you need to effing move.

The entire town turning out to paint the scarlet A on the wife was also very unbelievable.

I also do not believe how anyone could believe a reconciliation is possible, this woman would need to cure cancer for free, and end world hunger in order to prove that she has grown enough emotionally to ever be forgiven.

To be honest, I am sorry I read this, which is sad as usually I like what this author writes.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 7 years ago
Redemption

Most of us tend to love redemption, but not 100% of us. Some of us prefer "going medieval on their ass".

RePhilRePhilover 7 years ago
Old timers?

We may be old, but no man is as dangerous as one with little or less to loose than you (Thanks for that one Dad).

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Liked this a lot

Hated the disgusting bitch though and still do.

Reconciliation?

Maybe a one in a million chance.

Cheaters can change but this bitch was off the scale mental.

Guess she inherited some of her sluttiness from her cheating whore of a grandmother.

I don't like cheaters if you couldn't tell. Hate secrets even more than the cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I don't know

I, too, hated the smug, cheating bitch. However, I am inclined to believe that she is, as written, thoroughly stupid and vastly entitled. She was told (fairly accurately, I think) how the legal system would favor her an force her husband to accept her behavior. If the law is on your side, you must be right. As written, the only way Jonathan could succeed was to subvert the system. Coincidently, he had access to a Seal-quality team of grey panthers to support his complicated mission. Most guys in Jonathan's shoes? Dogmeat. So maybe I have a small, soft spot in my heart for Susan. It IS the children that make it possible. Maybe someone else picks up the story. I'd really rather TTT continued it, though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
No chance in hell

I wouldn't take back that self-centered, back-stabbing, lying cheating slut.

She didn't even got what she deserved, but at least she got slapped hard in the face.

There is no way she is going to change. Not enve with a million hours of counseling. She needs a brain transplant. Let her rot in hell. He deserves better than her.

Another great story from a great writer, I haven't read all of your stories, but it seems cheating dies in Texas. No weak male so far. Bravo

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank you

For fixing Nici's mess.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story, but

I read this story, than I did something I rarely do. I read the comments other readers sent in.

The reason I read those comments was to see if any body else had the same reaction I did to the Richard character of this story and his altimate demise, and as far as I can see I'm the only one that thought the systematic torture of a man pushed to the act of suicide by a multitude of characters was insane.

Was Richard a douce? Yes.

Did he deserve some form of humiliation. Fuck yes.

But to torture and harass a man the way these people did was so extreme that I had to read others thoughts to see if I was alone with this opinion or if others shaired my view.

still, I did like the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Another great story

First - Anon 3/25. Yes, I thought about Richard and his demise, for about a half second. He had many options available to him, publicly break it off with her, leave town, find another doctor to help him. He chose none of those. He continued to pursue and secew a married woman. They hid the fact at his work that she was married. I have absolutely no regret for anything that happens to him. He was totally responsible for his final situation.

Second - Should Susan get the chance to try to get him back? That is entirely up to Jonathan. Would I after what she had done? Not if she was the last woman on earth. Her approach to her marriage was totally sociopathic. She had no feelings except for her own gain. Not her husband, her kids, parents, relatives, or any of the townspeople were going to convince her that what she was doing was wrong. I also agree with another commenter that asking 'cheating grannie' for advice on how to have an honest marriage is like asking an alcholic how to stay sober. All you'll get is lessons on how to hide it better so no ones the wiser.

'Come on Sue', suck it up and look for someone who doesn't care if you spread it around town. I'm sure there are guys who get off being married to the town pump.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 7 years ago
No Way

How can he possibly take her back? The blatant betrayal and the threats against him put a sword through his heart. She's lucky she's still around in the kids lives. No, a proper ending would be him meeting a wonderful woman who loves him and his children and they settle down and have a great life together, maybe even bringing a few more children to the fold. The cheating cunt can go sell herself on the street for love. Fuck her.

Yeah

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Maybe

A comedienne once joked that men marry women thinking that they would never change and are disappointed when they do; women marry men thinking that they will change and are disappointed when they don't. Men are essentially done evolving by eighth grade: they get a little bigger, hopefully wiser but not much different. Women never stop changing. So maybe if she has changed enough, he could take her back. But he'd never trust her. Whether that would be enough, who knows? Anything's possible in LW. JPR

onbothsidesonbothsidesabout 7 years ago
Very good story

Cheaters can't stand the light.

This was a pretty good ilustration of that idea.

Please don't ever write "tight as a middle-schooler" again. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
great story

destroyed by the last few paragraphs .

would have given 4* but since RAAC is glimmering in the ening paragraphs i have to deduct 1 star .

3*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
which kind of a

man will take her back. I don't know may be some pig.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
gotta go to texas

fucking dumb dump-able cunts fill the state

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Good right to the end

And we end with a young slut taking advice from an old slut. Must run in the family. When will she realize that it's not that he doesn't love her, he can never trust her again. And if he can't trust her he will never respect her again. Love by itself is never enough. If he is always wondering where she is at or who she's with or even if she ever gives another guy a quick glance, he will never be able to totally trust her again. Great story and I give it a 5 even with the small opening left at the end. We all hope to see you writing again. You're missed.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Reading AGAIN!

“Half-an-hour and two sessions later, he sat up, staring down at her.” – Interesting that he waited until he fucked her twice before talking to her. Nice to know he has his priorities straight!

“Wanted your overnight stays.” – Didn’t she tell hubby there WOULDN’T be overnight stays?

“I can't help how I feel." – MAYBE you can’t help how you feel, but you can help what you do with those feelings! If you find yourself in love with someone else, leave your husband first. And as has been said before, you don’t simply “fall” in love, you have to do all the small things, the intimate chats, the romantic dinners, etc.

MAYBE the accident wasn’t his fault, but his guilt makes you wonder! In any case, he IS guilty of messing with another man’s wife.

“How could he do that to her?” – LOL, she doesn’t even see the irony! Complaining about the man she’s cheating with, cheating ON her!

“She'd had it all” – Yes, she had it all, and despite her protestations, she threw it all away!

“do all the things she'd done with Rich, and more, was helping” – Okay, it’s not clear, but I assume the “and more” is the anal, but apparently there were OTHER things she had done with Rich that she had never done with Jonathan.

I liked his answer to how he could lie to her for four months; by remembering how SHE lied to HIM for two years!

I don’t think they needed to fire her from the job.

For those complaining about the ending, THIS story ended, he divorced her. That doesn't mean that there are no other stories about them to be told.

I'm leaning more towards her NOT getting him back. It took totally tearing her down, and Rich being "unavailable" for her to come around. If she could have run off with Rich it's quite possible she would have, taking Jon to the cleaners in the process!

266xxyz266xxyzalmost 7 years ago
Great!

You're one of the best TTT. I'm dying for ch. 6 of Town w/o honor but I have read you may be going thru some hard times. I hope they pass quickly if that is the case.

You romantic fool you! :) Nahhhh it was just too much disrespect. It's true love isn't enough. He may at times be wistful even sort of sorry...but there is no going back. Life is just like that. No redo's.

5*s as per usual.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It isn't

Whether she has been punished enough. She has proven she can't be trusted. The next good looking sob story has a great chance of the same outcome.

WiserbyageWiserbyageover 6 years ago
SAD

Good story and realistic. The actions causing the suicide were a little much but then so we're the actions of the "clinger". This one is addressed to "anonymous", and my observation and comment is meant for all the losers who hide behind anonymity; not having to reveal your name and face is like booze. "Liquid courage" enables wimps like you to be brave. You are probably a woman-hater and make it more difficult for guys to find a woman and have to clean up your messes. Grow some balls.

QuestionableVictorQuestionableVictorover 6 years ago
Not so Hopeless

Maybe some would say being a hopeless romantic was a bad thing. But me? I say you made Susan real, you made me feel empathetic for her. She was a stupid woman certainly. But stupid in an all too human way that I think none of us could deny we could've and probably have been in the wrong circumstances.

I took a look at the original story and definitely have to agree with your assessment. As written by the original author, there was no humanity or tension to the story because the wife was giving a mocking smile every other sentence while threatening her husband and he didn't honestly seem to believe that she deserved to suffer for putting someone else before her family even in the first chapter when he was blustering at her. And lets not even get into how the narrative bent over backward trying to make it seem like he was being unreasonable for expecting someone who promised to be faithful to keep that promise: horror of horrors!

Rich's breakdown and subsequent suicide was a bit much if only because I got the impression from the story that even if he was a scumbag, he really didn't kill his wife. But needs of the story must and all that. Especially since the only two characters I really had to care about for the story to work were Jonathan and Susan.

And on that front, at least for me, it's safe to say that you succeeded. Great story and definitely an example of the kind of reworkings we need to see more of from Literotica. Where talented writers like yourself take mediocre stories or worn premises and breathe new life into them.

Keep up the good work Tx.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Much better than the original

The original story by Nici and the 'We have something to talk about' speech was unbalanced and infair. The opening statment by Nici held so much promise then didn't deliver. The follow up stories, while realistic, seemed to fall short. This story rebalance the scales. Cheating on a grand scale must be punished.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Well

that was fun. Not sure I buy the psy ops against Rich...but I like it! Neatly done there changing to her POV to make us more likely to accept her possibly getting him to reconcile. I don't even want to think about all the reasons not to. Had too much fun reading the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
manslaughter

Are we supposed to feel any empathy for Rich and Susan? He did have a problem and she helped. But he was also a.jerk to her. Cheating was still wrong. I guess it's just a mistake what happened with him dying. Well, 'just a mistake' is a familiar echo, but there should be some accountability...more than a passing mention.. A bittersweet, imperfect ending is acceptable. I get a sense of closure, despite the cliffhanger. I don't know what the original was like, but this version was written well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Is there a possibility of a reconciliation story

johnadpjohnadpabout 6 years ago
God, she was tight. Deliciously so. Twenty-three friggin' years old, and tight as a middle-schooler.

The story is great, much better than the original. But what the fuck with the comment about "tight as a middle-schooler"?

anonymousinblueanonymousinblueabout 6 years ago
It crawls along the wall

Well, this was interesting. Sort of doubled over on itself with the setups at the end, his comments about the vapid girls, her allying with another cheater...the rudder has turned but the ship hasn't changed heading yet.

I find the Rich scenario hard to believe, because I don't think he would have gotten where he was at if his sanity was so precariously perched on the knife edge. That went a little far. Although the efforts against his wife were better received.

If there's any hope of reconciliation, what should happen is a total reset of her hopes dreams and expectations and at most start with a date and see if they happen to reproduce what got them together the first time. I'm going to assume that he's too permanently emotionally ruined to start over, because it's certainly possible, although I think in a few years he will wake up one day and realize he's ready. Anyway, with that assumption of ruin, the only logical course of action if a relationship were to be forced would be him training her properly, with a little pain, restraints, and enough humiliation to keep it exciting for her without being outrightly sadistic...which would not be well received here. She'd enjoy her place at the foot of the bed as a willing pain pet toy, and he'd be with various women in short term relationships. She can ask permission to get up and pee, and she'd be happy about it. She got off on his humiliation, although the narrator was blind to that aspect, so what she really needs is the humiliation for herself. It helped her progress to being less vile of a person. He is a suitable person to accept such a responsibility for his little pet.

That's the best that can be hoped for. And it's less creepy than imagining middle school pussy. What the fuck, really. I wonder if such things lead to RAAC. Yeah, my ending is the only acceptable chapter 03, and I'd write it if I knew anything about the subject. I don't have a clue, nor do I have a clue how it'd be done without fucking up the kids. That would be better than the chastity piercing ending that managed to make its way here.

coredencoredenabout 6 years ago
Excellent

Great story well told. Got to feeling sorry for her towards the end, until yet again she threatened to deprive him of the children. Definitely a 5+

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 6 years ago
A little confused

Ok, I gave it a four. The reasoning behind that was the suicide. A patient shows up at a psychiatrist office begging for an emergency appointment, and the secretary doesn’t let him in. I’m sorry but that dog just don’t hunt! I can see her try, but, anyone else in the office would’ve given the doctor a heads up about a manic patient making a ruckus in the lobby. At the least and EDP call to the police would have gone out. To not have done so even with the psy-op going on, someone would have tipped the police off. As for the rest, I can see it happening but only in the most extreme of cases. I’m talking about his getting laid by anyone he wants. As for the wife....

Well as for the wife, I while am a big believer in the btb method, do enjoy a romantic reconciliation if it happens realistically. They’ve been apart for a year, I’ve seen a very few couples get back together, but, it took them years to get passed the disgrace, and those “affairs” only lasted a few months at most! Longer than that and I don’t really see it happening. I was surprised that she didn’t move a town over, if for no other reason than to get away from all the old friends. That is another thing, this has been going on for two years, one year of intimacy and nobody in that whole town that knew everybody’s business said a word to him? They thought she was single, she didn’t say anything to ANY of her girlfriends? That’s the One implausibility that I just can’t get around. People just love, no, they have a need to talk about themselves to someone, anyone almost, so word had to have gotten back somehow someway. As for these so called friends, if this is what they did to the adulterers, those who had been complicit would and rightfully should have had the shit splatter on them from a great height as well...

Thanks for the story

HikingThruHikingThruabout 6 years ago
Well done

I like his taking it to divorce, and on his terms. Her betrayal was deep and long enough that divorce was really the only option. I'd think that counseling for her would be requirement One. I didn't see any great learning or understanding on her part, just regret and admitting she was an idiot. No understanding of what she did to him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Sad

It's all too common in most of these stories to blame and punish the external element to the utmost degree while softening the blow to the internal one, particularly when the internal one is female. Whether male or female the ultimate responsibility for fidelity resides in the spouse the outside element owes next to nothing, particularly when they lack any connection to the spouse to be spurned.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Remorse / Reconciliation

This would be a good follow up story, getting the Grandmothers , getting her into a counseling to get her head on straight and talking her ex into her helping her during the counseling which could lead into dating and on on on you get the picture.

Danger09Danger09almost 6 years ago
I actually felt sorry for Rich

I had more sympathy for Rich than the husband. Sorry, using the mans dead wife voice to torment him was sadistic. Desecrating his dead wifes grave was just evil. I knew it would lead to rich killing himself. I felt bad for Rich . Meanwhile Jonathan is still fucking his slut wife... O......k..... Why was rich punished so harshly? Yes, he was fucking Jonathan's wife, but SUSAN is the one who owed him, loyalty, fidelity, respect and love--not rich. Rich didn't know him or owed him shit. He didn't force her, she was eager and willing. she cheated for a year, played rich's wife for a year that's 2 years of deceit. lying, plotting, fucking, sucking, doing things with rich she never done with Jonathan. When he begged her to stop cheating she thought he was being selfish for not supporting her love for rich. This bitch was bat shit crazy delusional. Her get over it, I can't help that I fell in love with rich was irking my nerves. I hate stories where the men's punishment is more severe than the cheating wives. Why is that? Rich kills himself because of Jonathan and the slut gets a great fuck fest 🤔😕..That doesn't seem fair now does it? The writer left me feeling like they're going to reconcile.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Good story

First, Rich got exactly what he deserved. All bets are off when you fuck another man's wife. Susan got exactly what she deserved. 11 years of marriage got her squat. Excellent story except for the ending. What is she going to do, have her slut/whore grandma help her get her husband back? I have the feeling he's too smart to fall for that. Once a whore, always a whore. There is no way she could ever be trusted again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I love your work

I preferred your ending to Nicci's. ~Sadly given the law these days I fear hers is the more likely.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Re - Danger09

Feel sorry for Rich? Are you fucking nuts? Rich is the biggest asshole in the story. Anyone who would knowingly fuck another mans wife like he did deserves what he got and more. I'm just sorry that he didn't live a broken piece of shit life. I would have liked to have seen him loose his mind and end up homeless, living in a cardboard box under an overpass where the local thugs stop by every Saturday night and fuck his ass. And I still wouldn't feel bad for him. He ends up after several years with AIDS and no way to afford treatment. A horrible excuse for a human being.

ojalalalaojalalalaalmost 6 years ago
disgusting simile, "tight as a middle-schooler" Eugh!

That phrase sealed Jonathan's doom for me in this story-- sick, short-eyed shit. Hopefully, no one in the story will use one of his daughters at that age, but I doubt that they're safe on the ranch; maybe little Nancy's in trouble already with her great-grandfather, one of a host of people out there who skipped the last line of the toast about having “insight to know when you're gone too far.”

There was no justice in what the Gray Brigade with the husband's go-ahead did to Rich. They barely targeted his "wife stealing" and went too far when they tortured him with guilt about his wife's accidental death. They beat him down with photographs of his dead wife's body burned from the accident and went too far repeatedly vandalizing her headstone, then went far too far when they faked her crying out to him and blaming him. The man was clinically depressed, and they conspired with to block him from getting in to see his therapist, renew his meds, get any treatment. I don't think that they'd hurt the children, but Jonathan and his elder family shouldn't be raising them if that's what they call right behavior and call Rich's end caving to cowardice. They should have anticipated what would happen especially when Jonathan told them to do a final push of continued torture; Susan had told Jonathan that she'd been drawn in to helping Rich out of his severe depression -- too far-- their depraved indifference caused his death. (You don't believe me? Set this story in the borough of Manhattan and see Jack McCoy convict all their asses. I'll watch it at 3 a.m. on any of several channels.)

Jonathan told Susan that Rich had died five days earlier. Maybe she inquired about funeral services. She might go to his law office, brave the snark and find out that he'd been gone, how sick he was, that he'd tried to contact her; gets her phones checked and finds out about the blocked numbers, demands that the law partners investigate their compromised security. Maybe this would lead to recovery of recordings, and some of those photographs in Rich's home might have fingerprints, plus the origins of the photographs from certain files would be revealed. When the connections are made from the morgue photos to lab assistants to the family, someone hopefully will have the grace to be ashamed of their part in killing this man. I'd like to see what happens down the line when some of the torture recordings are found, when the therapist's checking reveals that Rich kept trying to get help but someone in that office kept blocking it, when Susan finds out and reports it to the police, then goes to the state police when locals kept ignoring it as “that what he deserved.”

Susan's grandmother makes a call. I think it should be to resolve Susan's big issue (Anonymous 23.4.13 said, “It wasn't the cheating that was the worse. It was the lying, the disrespect, the threats, the intention to continue the affair, the total lack of remorse”). She should be getting all of the elder women to listen to Susan tell how she fell in with Rich and keep listening to how and why she stuck with him and got so involved with him and then threatened her husband to deal with her continuing having sex with Rich or she would destroy her husband. Then they all go through telling it back to Susan and set up asking her to explain/respond at certain points: “you put on weight from the new baby, had three small children, kept leaving them with your parents so you could tend to your “project” of saving Rich by curing him of his depression and tending to house,” “you got the big house you wanted and made your husband work overtime to pay for it, worked him to exhaustion and almost immediately took up with another man because you felt neglected,“ “you started going to parties without your husband,” “what were you doing for your husband and children when you did this for Rich,” why does this fail the husband test,” “why was this cheating,”...

I was through with Jonathan when he kept lying to Susan, saying it was forgiven and that he loved her. As wrong as she was, she didn't seek to be cruel to him by having the outside relationship, and her threats to take him for everything in a divorce and keep him from the children were supposed to stop him from breaking up the family because she was so sure (stupid) that Rich would get well and she'd be viewed as a good woman who did a fine thing (delusional). She did lie and cheat, but she didn't torture and kill a man. They went too far.

josephljosephlover 5 years ago
Rich

Any sympathy for Rich disappeared when he called Jon a Neanderthal who couldn’t keep his wife. This revealed that his whole relationship with Susan was a seduction. In addition it was revealed that he wanted Susan to confront her husband so she could stay with him all night, showing further that he was seducing Susan and manipulating her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Would love to see how she atones

The fab 5 story would be a great read

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
To be continued...

I hope that you do continue and write a story including gram and the fab 5. If these ladies are anything like the eagles, I bet it’ll be an awesome story.

mark73107mark73107over 5 years ago
Done deal!

She's paid enough, let them get back together slowly.

No sympathy for rich,he was just a user.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
To Ojalalala

Sorry I if got your name wrong but you are a nothead if you was a man and this done to you and can live like that then you are no man I for one would not have thought twice about what was done Rich was out to break up a marriage and not go looking for a single lady he got what he deserved And you must be a northern not a Texan he could of just went over to the loverboy house and shoot them both and got a slap on the hand not a lot of men here in Texas would put up with a wife that was doing in the marriage I didn’t and kick out my cheating wife out and made it very public and shamed her she got what she deserved

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

I'm surprised there's any sympathy for Rich, the man was a disgusting piece of shit. He used his wife's death as a tool to seduce a gullible woman, who he knew was happily married and a good mother. Rich didn't give a fuck about Susan's family, or the devastation revealing her affair would unleash, all he cared about was getting her to stay overnight so he could get laid!

As far as I'm concerned, if you fuck another man's wife, all bets are off... especially if you're breaking up a family with kids. Rich deserved all the pain the "grey brigade" inflicted on him.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 5 years ago
Well done

Jon got more than he’d hoped for, with Rich’s suicide. I don’t see how he’d ever take her back. Her grandmother is wrong: they don’t need to make Jon fall in love with her, because he never stopped. It’s absolutely trust. She killed his trust, and humiliated him. He may be civil, might even give her the occasional mercy fuck, but they won’t be a couple.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 5 years ago
Future?

The fact that Sweetie, before she knew the Legal Leper was dead but after (kinda) reconciling with Hubby, still threatened to isolate Hubby from the kids. Shortly afterwards, she was told her potential financial and emotional ‘backup’ guy was dead, but still promised to distance the kids from Hubby and otherwise fight the divorce. Essentially, she did NOthing to indicate she recogniized the errors of her prior beliefs and betrayals. I am sure TTT ably wrote Sweetie out of any chance to ever convince Hubby that she had gained enlightenment.

Still a big cinco.

cybojicybojiover 5 years ago
Wow

That was like an episode of the twilight zone, very very good....5

chaoddicchaoddicover 5 years ago
Love it.

I like to think that she would indeed win him back. It would take a lot of humiliation on her part as well as repentance and sincerity. If he hasnt found someone to fit the criteria as a wife and mother to their children itll make it a little easier. Its obvious she and he are a perfect match both in the sack and of course no one can love the children like their actual mother. Shed have to be able to accept a completely different lifestyle because there would be no going back to the way things were. Shed have to live on the ranch under the watchful eye of grampa and the rest of the gray brigade, but they are a perfect couple in my humble opinion. Shes been burnt, i could see a reconciliation.

Richie4110Richie4110over 5 years ago
Great story and lots left to learn

I can see a FWB relationship develop. But, with the trust issue

ever present, I can’t see them back together. Maybe when they reach their 60s or 70s and the kids are on their own and grandkids are the center of attention just maybe the awful period can be set aside and they can live together again.

On a more personal note, you’ve done a great job of creating a story and making the characters and the dynamics breed that discontent.

Thanks for this wonderful entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

You took what was a maddening story from Nici and spun the rest of the tale masterfully! This was easy to invest in, well done!

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
***** still after the 3rd reading.

This 2 chapter follow up to another author's story pretty amazing. So well done that I would loved to see a 3rd chapter with the ex wife trying to wiggle back into her ex husbands life. That could be quite the reconciliation story. That only works because the cheating wife was leaning more on the side of stupid than evil. Still, in that chapter, she would have a terrible struggle and suffer some groveling to right her wrongs. Great story telling. One of my favorites from this author.

Nightdiver5Nightdiver5over 5 years ago
Great rewrite of a story that begged for different ending

This is my second time reading this story and it was just as good as the first time.

Excellent character development, dialogue, etc., etc. Left me wanting more which is what every great story should do.

But every review needs to have a little something on the critical side.

"At the end, he gave her a check for half of their equity, $1120. Eleven years, $112 a year."

This kind of math may work in Texas, but not in the rest of the US.

Of course you know what Texans say about math;

"F*** a bunch of math, give me a beer."

Thanks for the great story.

leetamezleetamezover 5 years ago
Thank you

I really appreciate you rewriting this story! Would love a third Chapter!

I’ve read several stories that have left me feeling the way I did on the first version

of this story so thanks for making this one better!

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
good job

winning him back after what she did and said after ,,, not happening though. why would you? She went all out to cheat then try to at the end say ill ruin you etc. Thats not a forgivable "mistake". That is WW3, Three mile island and vesuvius erupting at once. civil is the BEST she can hope for out of her ex husband. Caught the bit about grandma. Seems being an unfaithful bitch was in Tx tales take on her genes

SkubabillSkubabillabout 5 years ago
Better than Nici's

I really enjoyed this story. It reminded me of why I have Tx Tall Tales in my favorites. I have to admit though I was pulling for a reconciliation at the end. Excellent story and very well told.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Two years

making him accept it or lose everything Why would he take a cheating whore back to wait for the next person that attracted her?

Leave it up to the reader?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
So

So where was he ehagging Sudden if she can stay over,it can't be at grandaddy place?.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
ALMOST PERFECT....

Loved forcing the cheating bastard to take his own life. Just hope he suffered terribly befor he took the easy way out.

Don't think eating it to the readers to decide ofthe cheating slut can win her husband back is worth much thought. He took. Very studied route to separate himself from this whore. Why on earth would he risk letting a calculating, heartless cunt like her back into his life? Grandpa got it right, there's a lot of right womenout there if he's willing to look. He knows what he's got with his ex, a cheap, cheating cunt waiting for the next dick she takes a fancy to.

TreymonTreymonabout 5 years ago
It's to bad hopeless

Romantic mean pairing a partner with a cheater that he will have to know he cannot count on. Reconciliation is not romantic. It's the illusion of romantic to those that can ignore the reality.

Finding someone who believe the same things are important you do is romantic if you are fortunate enough to find that person.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Late Thoughts

No, I wouldn't have left her with any hope. I wouldn't have had her fired, but that and visits with the kids would have been all that she had.

Eventually, she would give up and leave town.

The only slim hope I could have seen would have been when she first came to him, instead of telling him she intended to keep seeing Rich, that she had confessed the affair, and that it was over. He would still need to be convinced that she was gullible and was suckered in by Rich.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 5 years ago
If only Rich could have at some point let her know the lie of her words...

Even towards the end, she figured it was love both ways...

But if he loved her so much why didn't he suggest them leaving town to get away from all of the bad attitude to their affair...? Or better yet, why didn't she wonder why he didn't suggest it...?

As for trust and Jonathan, what's he likely to think?

"I can trust her for nine years, maybe, then not? At best?"

Unfortunately for her, he knows the reason she isn't with Rich has *nothing* to do with her recognizing it was completely wrong. So he has no reason to believe she's really learned anything - except maybe to next time not spoil her cheating by saying she wanted more time with her lover.

I don't see any remotely reasonable way he'd want to be married to her again - or even exclusive as a couple.

ohyessssssohyessssssabout 5 years ago
IMO

Two years? Fucking him like he was her husband for a year? Sorry man. I’d have never touched her again . Up until your hopeless romantic comment, I’d have given you a five. I just don’t think that kind of over the top disrespect, can be forgiven or forgotten.

DrBob69DrBob69almost 5 years ago
Just Desserts

She got what she deserved and does not rate winning Jonathon back after the way she rubbed her infidelity in his face, told him she would NOT leave her paramour, and pretty much threatened to totally destroy him. And then she had the audacity to believe what she was doing was right and everyone just could not understand. She still got off lightly under the circumstances. Regardless, I enjoyed the basic plot development and like a number of your other stories.

Thank you for your hard work...

Subject117Subject117almost 5 years ago

Too bad she got off easily. He should've met someone just too rub it in more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Something stupid this way comes

The tragedy is that the stupid slut believed to the end that she and the asshole were truly in love!!! - In spite of the way he treated her at their last meeting. Nothing had changed. She was still the lying ,cheating slut, still trying to get in contact with her lover. Just that with his suicide, he was removed from her orbit. Now her asshole not being available, she wants back in to her family. Very well written but if reconciliation was to be on the cards, she would have to be shown to acknowledge that her lover was a slimy seducer who had his way because of her stupidity. She never shows remorse at her stupid betrayal and that is the deal breaker. As an aside, cheating ( even with a lifelong friend's spouse ) seems to run in Susan's family!! Grandma Bridget! 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Love is the question

It all comes down to love, the thing is how do we define love. Its a difficult question at best, and if you where to ask 100 people you would get 100 different answers. Perhaps in the wedding vows there is a definition of sorts, when you promise to honor and obey, promise that your mate will be the only one. These words in the wedding vow could be a guild line for love. If you break them, you change the definition of the word love.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
yes!

you definitely saved Nici's tragic tale! 5* You managed to really burn her with the chance of reconciliation.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
No taking her back. If she would have told Rich to fuck off after treating her like shit maybe

She was in love so that condones her treatment of her husband? Hell no

Agree don't have her fired but go on

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Forgiveness

Treating her like he did indicates unforgiveness. Healing can happen. Let him take he back and reunite the family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
TTTis a fucking romantic?

Because her feelings are hurt the grotesquely wronged and humiliated husband needs to take the slut back? Justice requires that she NEVER get him back, and no real man would ever do that...only the pussy-bois here, evidently.

DogFuzzDogFuzzabout 4 years ago
Ouch!

A well written story but I found it very sad for all concerned. Certainly no winners. Sorry but it put a damper on my pleasant day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well written story

You did something hard to do. You made me feel bad about the cheater getting burned. While pretty much knowing how it would end, I kept rooting for them to get back together. Better for the kids even if leaving the 10,000 acre backyard. I think after a time, better for the parents too.

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago

Much better ending

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories