Stand for Love Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Adrian furiously rubbed his tears. He was surely gonna leave the house but before that he has to secure something. He can't just leave empty handed. He needed something important and he knew the person to help him.

Adrian took a deep breath, rubbed his tears and headed for granny's room. He reached there and slowly knocked on the door. It was not long and heard her telling him to go inside. Adrian gathered himself and slowly entered the room, closing the door behind him.

"Oh," Granny gasped as she got out of the bed.

She slowly walked to Adrian and her heart broke. His eyes were swollen really badly and she couldn't bear to see him like that. It was breaking her heart.

"I'm sorry," Adrian apologized, trying his best to keep the tears from coming out.

"You know you can always come to me," She said as she held his hand. She brought him in and made him sit on the bed beside her. "I'm really sorry for this afternoon." She apologized. "I couldn't face you in that condition. I really cried for you because I still believe you are innocent." She said with conviction.

Adrian sighed as a tear fell down his cheek. "I really appreciate that," He smiled faintly, slowly rubbing the tear that had fallen to his cheek. "But it doesn't matter anymore."

"Why?" Granny said, cupping his cheeks in her palms. "Don't you..."

"I'm leaving tomorrow," Adrian said with a gloomy sigh. "I'll no longer be in this house. I'll leave by morning."

Granny was sad. Her two grandsons' story had turned out to be a sad one. She really loved Adrian a lot and this was a lot to handle.

"Do you have to leave?" Granny said softly. "Stay here with me. You'll live happily and I'll make sure that I reunite you with Nicholas." She wheedled.

Adrian looked at her with a sad smile as a lot of tears flooded his face. He quickly looked away and rubbed them.

"It's what's good for Nicholas and me too," Adrian whispered, suppressing a tear. "This will also benefit everyone. They'll live in peace and the family will go back to the way it was. It will even get better than that."

Granny quickly held his hands and kissed them.

"You are a good boy," She said as a tear escaped her eye. "You'll find a good man out there and he'll be the luckiest man on earth." She cried, breaking Adrian's heart. "I just wish I could do something to help you."

Now they were getting somewhere.

Adrian sighed. "You could."

"What?" Granny raised her teary face.

"I need money," Adrian muttered, feeling a pain in his chest. "I need money to start my life again. I have nothing on me and my husband..."

"I'll give you," Granny said, slowly rubbing his cheeks. "I have money in my safe. I'll give you about 100 000 dollars. If you need anything else just call, okay,"

Adrian smiled faintly and said, "Okay,"

"Just tell me..."

"Tonight," Adrian sniveled, biting his lips. "Right now if..."

"I'll go and get it," Granny said softly.

She gave him a hot hug and left for her safe. Adrian felt warm and he was able to breathe normally. He was going to have a lot of money. 100 000 dollars was surely a lot of money to start off with. With that money he was gonna start a new life.

Adrian smiled faintly once the thought of having that money hit him. He was still feeling the pain but he was not gonna leave empty handed again.

****

Adrian reached Victoria's room and he took a quick breathe. His head was still hurting and his eyes were watery and swollen. He had cried himself to sleep yester night when he came from granny's room. It had been painful but he had a huge amount of money that would secure his life.

He had woken up this morning, took a hot shower and went out. He had gone to a hotel in town with the money, paid for a hotel, left the bag there and was now back. He knew today was the last day or rather he only has a few hours in the house.

But before he goes he has to get answers from the people that had set him up. He has a small bag with him which contains his only possession. It was 8.40 and he only had an hour and twenty minutes before he leaves. Now he is at Victoria's room.

Adrian opened a zip on his small bag and adjusted his stuff, making sure it was in perfect shape. He couldn't afford making a mistake because it could make him lose his future and his life. After making sure that it was perfect, he slightly zipped the bag almost all the way up.

He didn't need to knock because he knew that Victoria and Jake were in there so he just held the knob and allowed himself in. As suspected the two of them were standing near the window whispering something to each other.

"What are you doing here?" Victoria said, losing the smile on her face.

Adrian went straight inside, put his bag carefully on the bed and looked at her with a sad face.

"Oh," Victoria said, crossing her arms on her chest with a smile. "Did you come to say goodbye?"

Adrian felt tears building in his eyes and he breathed softly.

"No," He muttered, feeling a warm tear running down his face. "I didn't sleep last night. I kept on wondering and crying. I have been defeated and..." He cried. "...It just hurts a lot. I thought I was..."

"Winning," Victoria sneered, coming near. "We just played a better game, sweetie."

Adrian's eyes watered more.

"How did you do it?" Adrian said, looking straight at Victoria. "I never even suspected you for once. I know I only have little time left but it just bothers me..."

"What is bothering you?" Jake snapped, rushing towards him. "Is it too hard to accept that you've been defeated?"

Adrian looked at Jake and his hear broke. That guy was supposed to be his brother and not his enemy.

"The greatest defeat is when your husband doesn't trust you at all." Adrian sobbed, trying to rub his tears off. "I just came here to tell you that you've won. I'm defeated....I tried to tell my husband the truth but...he just...oh my God," Adrian sobbed, trying to bring himself under control. "He just brushed me and dismissed me like I was nothing. What could be more painful than hearing someone you love say that he made the biggest mistake of his life marrying you?"

Victoria sighed, pretending to care. She came closer to Adrian and had her arms on her chest.

"You know what?" She chortled, swinging her hand in the air. "I simply don't care how it feels. I have never been there before because my husband loved me till his very last breath."

"Why can't you let your son do the same?" Adrian sighed, covering his mouth. "He was happy with me. I gave him everything a man could ever want. Please..."

"Are you here to beg or what?" Jake laughed, coming closer to his face.

Adrian put his hands together as more tears poured on his face. The pain was intensifying and his headache got worse. The only thing he wanted to do was beg her if she had a heart at all.

"I'm begging you," Adrian begged as more tears flowed. "Don't separate me from my husband." He cried. "I'm willing to forgive you for everything. Just clear this..."

"Never," Victoria snarled, getting closer to his face. "I had done all these things so that I could..." She moved her hand up and down Adrian. "...I would never do such a thing."

"But your son is hurting," Adrian said softly. "Can't you do...."

"I did this all for him," Victoria snarled as she held on to Jake's shoulder. "Jake here will be able to make him feel better. It was all for my son and I don't regret anything."

"Even putting your life at stake just to achieve that?" Adrian lamented, dropping his gaze to his feet. "I can't believe..."

"Who told you I had put my life at risk?" Victoria said, with an evil grin. "I thought you knew me better than that."

"Oh mother," Jake chuckled, rubbing his hands in total satisfaction. "He is too stupid to know anything. He thought getting married to Nicholas made him immune."

"What?" Adrian said softly in a surprised tone. "You were rushed..."

"Of course," Victoria said softly, putting her finger on her chin. "I was rushed. But guess it's time to tell you a little something. Call it a goodbye gift or even better..." Victoria rolled her eyes and then gave out a soft chuckle. "...call it a goodbye ritual from me."

"I don't understand." Adrian said as he slowly rubbed his eyes.

"Since you insist, I'll tell you." Victoria chuckled, moving from side to side. "All of you might have thought that I had been poisoned but I would never be as stupid as to poison myself. It was all planned. It took months of planning but the results..." She smiled and squeezed Adrian's shoulder softly. "...they were...boom!" She flushed her hands in the hair.

Adrian still couldn't understand a thing. He saw Victoria bleeding that night. How come she was not poisoned or anything but she was bleeding?

"I saw..."

"Let me tell you something," Victoria smiled. "That night my plan fell flat and my son yelled at me, my hatred for you increased. I hated you so much that I was determined to get you out of this house. After a lot of careful thinking I apologized to my son and to you under pretense." She sighed. "That got me angrier and I decide to lie low for a while. Two months, two fucking months," Victoria yelled but her voice was not loud. "For two months I planned without any action or did I mean to say we planned?"

Adrian couldn't believe what he was hearing. This bitch was really deadly and he had to be careful. He had never seen it coming.

"Only one thing was delaying the plan." Victoria chuckled. "Noah!"

"Noah!" Adrian gasped, touching his chest which was suddenly hurting really badly.

"Yes!" Jake chuckled. "Noah was the key to our plans."

"How?" Adrian asked. "Did he take part in this too?"

"No!" Victoria shrugged, smiling brightly. "The only thing he had to do was get out of this city. If not for him our plans wouldn't have been successful. After two months of waiting he finally did and our plans came into action."

"The only thing that remained once again was you," Jake chuckled, so evil his voice was scaring the crap out of Adrian.

"Then I pretended to be sick and stayed hungry whole day," Victoria said as she rounded him. "My son came and as expected he bragged about your cooking. Since I wanted to show him that I was not hungry I objected. But that silly son of mine insisted and..."

"And then he convinced me to make the soup," Adrian gasped, feeling his air supply getting low. "I gave it to a maid and when she brought it you drank some and poisoned the rest of it. You bribed the other maid to say that she saw me with a bottle and then..." He paused, rubbed his tears and sighed. "...you put that bottle in bin."

Victoria gasped and touched her chest. "Good!" She chuckled, looking at Jake who was also smiling. "Guess you figured it out. You might still be a little intelligent,"

"Yeah," Adrian gulped, his voice trembling. "There is only one thing, the blood, the doctor and..."

"Well the blood was kinda real except for the one in my mouth," She said, looking in the roof. "The one on the floor, my clothes and some parts of my body was real, thanks to Jake and his family." She said, smiling at Jake. "I actually got it from the hospital but my mouth had some red substance. They also helped me with some drugs to make me weak and unconscious.

Anyway, Jake took me to his hospital. The doctor was also a part of our plan and everything he said was fed to him thanks to my money," She smiled, looking at Adrian like she was seducing him. "I offered him millions of dollars and he couldn't deny that. The rest is history. Our plans worked and now you'll be leaving in..." Victoria raised her wrist and glanced at her watch. "...in 40 minutes."

She and Jake were laughing, holding each other like teens who were gossiping. Adrian was hurt, crying and in anguish. Those two were making his heart break. They were really evil.

"What about Drake?" Adrian laughed. "Was he helping you too? Did he..."

"I'll get there," Jake laughed. "For the grand finale we decided to frame you for trying to steal the wealth. We had the power of attorney papers made in your name and we planted them in your educational certificate." Jake said as he came closer. "We would have just let him find those papers but where's the fun in that?" He laughed, teasingly rubbing Adrian's tears.

"I felt blessed when I saw that guy you used to play with," Jake added. "What's his name again, Drake?" He laughed. "I asked for his help and to my surprise the guy was eager to destroy your life. Anyway I told him about the plan and I must say," Jake raised his hand and raised his thumb. "He's such a great actor. A million dollars was able to make him do anything that we asked."

Adrian closed his eyes as the pain became worse. Of all people that they had to use was it that Drake? The same guy who had almost got him raped because of money in high school? The same guy who he had expelled from school? Fuck! The pain was just too much to bear.

"And now that you've got you goodbye gift," Victoria said, gripping his arm so hard. "I think it's time to leave this house forever. I hope you've said your goodbye to Nicholas."

Adrian sobbed. "He hasn't spoken to me."

"Good!" Victoria chuckled. "I spoke to him yesterday and I told him that you have to leave this house. Guess what he told me," She laughed. "That I can do whatever I want with you."

Adrian closed his eyes letting the warm tears flood his face. There was nothing he could do if Nicholas didn't want him. He opened his eyes and released himself from Victoria's grip.

"Don't worry," Adrian sobbed, rubbing the tears from his eyes. "I'll leave this house."

He quickly went to the bed and picked up his bag. He had cried so much and there was nothing that he was going to do. No more crying for Adrian and that was what he promised himself. He rubbed his tears and stood in front of Jake and Victoria.

"Congratulations," He said softly. "You've won. I'm defeated."

He took one final angry look at them and then slowly turned. Without thinking about anything he stormed out of the room and heard them laughing like maniacs.

He got out of the room with more pain than before but he promised himself not to cry. He had no idea how much time he had left in the house but he had to speak to Nicholas one more time if at all he'd listen.

Adrian quickly headed for Nicholas' room. He just hoped that Nicholas was inside the room so that he could tell him something before he left the house. Once he gets out of that door he'll forget about some things and become a new person, stronger and ruthless.

Adrian reached the room and let himself in. He stopped in the door way once he saw Nicholas seated quietly on the bed. He seemed okay but Adrian could tell that he was furious. He only hoped that he'll be able to listen to him.

Adrian without closing the door quickly went near the bed and stood right in front of Nicholas. His heart broke but he was determined to say some things to him.

"I need..."

"Please," Nicholas yelled, furiously standing to his feet. "Just get out of my room and I don't wanna see you."

Adrian sighed. "I know you don't want to talk to me but I'll speak any way. I just wanna say this to you even before I leave. You shouldn't respond just listen."

Nicholas was furious. He had stopped crying long ago but the pain was too much. Each time he saw Adrian his heart started bleeding. He just wanted him out of his life so he could live a better life.

"I know that you hate me right now," Adrian breathed. "I completely understand you and I know that whatever thing that you felt for me must have melted. Before I go I just wanted to say that I love you a lot. Things might not have turned out the way they were supposed to be but I love you despite your mo..."

"Don't you dare?" Nicholas snapped, furiously pointing his finger at Adrian. "You're so shameless. Despite trying to kill her you still have the guts to blame her? You don't even have any feeling of remorse. You might have been married to me but I hate you so much and I regret everything that we've ever done together."

Adrian's heart broke to tiny pieces. He felt tears starting to build in his eyes but he suppressed them.

"Everything," Adrian asked, feeling broken. "Including all the nights of..."

"Especially that," Nicholas yelled. "You used me for your own advantage and you decided to suck me dry. My mother was right, you are nothing but a little gold-digger and I hate you. Right now I wish I hadn't married you. I wouldn't have experienced this type of pain. I just want you out my life."

"You're right," Adrian said. Pain could be heard in his voice. "I'll leave this house just the way I am. I came with nothing and I'll leave with nothing. I love you and..."

"This again," Victoria yelled.

Adrian looked and saw her coming furiously towards him. She came in front of him, crossed her arms on her chest, breathed like a beast and looked at him as if she wanted to kill him. What a pretender.

"I've had it," Victoria yelled. "I want you to leave this house."

"I just wanna speak to my husband, mo..."

"Don't you dare," Victoria warned. "You have hurt all of us and..."

Victoria quickly and painfully gripped his arm. "...you're leaving this house, right now."

Adrian was surprised she was acting like she didn't know what had happened. It was in her blood so he understood her clearly.

"Please, I just..."

"No!" Victoria yelled.

She began walking angrily, dragging him out by the arm. Adrian didn't even resist. He followed her as she dragged him but his eyes were on Nicholas who had his face away from him. Every step drew him further away from his husband.

He was hoping he would be able to do something but the guy just stood there as his mother dragged him out of the house. Couldn't a miracle happen, please? Then they left the room and Adrian couldn't see Nicholas anymore. His hear was shattered and he slowly followed Victoria's steps.

Nicholas' heart was hurting. He felt like it was being dragged together with Adrian. It was pounding in his chest yet he couldn't let go of the fact that Adrian had betrayed him and tried to kill his mother. How could an innocent boy turn out to be so evil? Guess even greed can turn the good people evil.

Whatever he was feeling he found himself rushing out of the room. He was so quick and could hear his mother's angry voice. He ran quickly and got to the stairs were he froze as his mother dragged Adrian down those stairs.

Adrian noticed that the entire family members were already in the living room. All of them had angry faces but he saw that granny was hurt really badly. He could see tears in her beautiful eyes and it brought tears to him too.

"You've cause us enough trouble," Victoria yelled, dragging him by the arm. "Leave us so that we can start our life anew."

Adrian looked behind and he caught Nicholas' eyes. Once he looked in them Nicholas looked away and Adrian felt a tear on his cheek. He looked away and followed Victoria all the way to the door with family members behind them. He was really hurt by it.

Once they reached the door, Victoria opened it and threw him outside. He was about to fall but he balanced himself and turned around. He found the family members' eyes on him and he felt a pain in his chest. It was really painful. His eyes then went back inside and saw Nicholas from afar standing on the staircase.

"I welcomed you into this house," Victoria warned, tears forming in her eyes. "And now I'm throwing you out. I seize to be your mother in law and you'll no longer be a son in law of this house. As I'll be closing these doors so shall they remain closed to you?"

Adrian diverted his eyes to Victoria and a tear fell to his eyes.

"We'll all forget about you," Victoria hollered, touching the door. "These doors shall never open to you ever again. Get out of this house and out of our lives. You were just a bad cloud which we'll get rid of. Goodbye, Adrian Wilson!"

1...345678