All Comments on 'Strange Car in the Driveway'

by edrider73

Sort by:
  • 651 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I wouldn't hesitate a minute to kill her.

I'd never let such a mentally disturbed person be involved in raising my kids. of course, the only mentally disturbed person here is the author of this post since there isn't a single wife on this entire planet that would do this.

edrider73 you really should work on your own life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
No Excuse.......

Yes, the plot was imaginative. As for the story.There is no way the wifes actions are excuable. Although the whole thing was staged, it did happen for the husband. The emotions and turmoil were real as real as though it had occoured. And that is inexusable. She is playing a cruel joke on her husband with another man as her partner in the imaginay cuccolding (Or is this just a clever way of hiding what really happened between Reg and Vera?) . Reg must pay a price. But Vera needs to be burnt to the ground. At least start divorce papers, seperate bedrooms, some nights out late, threaten the school with legal action. Make life miserable for her so that she gets the point. So no! No pizza with the kids. And no, I dont forgive you!

cohibaIVcohibaIVover 9 years ago
Wow

This is a great/awful story. I second what maniconn said: they are supposed to be sensitive, which makes this simply cruel. I agree that this cries out for a second part, in which we learn about Gary's reaction, with him so screwed up over her head games that the marriage falls apart. Great stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good.

The story was good and original. I do not think the wife had a credible rationale for inflicting the pain and didn't even try to give a reason for it. Therefore although good and original not likely to ever happen. 5*

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
True Love???

To me, love means you put your partner's best interests ahead of your own, unless you have some kind of special relationship that precludes this. Vera used her husband and put him through emotional hell in order to verify herself as a writer. She may value his reaction and opinion, but she used him. Is this any different than cuckolding him?

If I were the victim in this scheme, I may stay with Vera to see what the future holds for the relationship, but something has been destroyed that will never be forgiven. She coerced him for her own benefit. If I were the victim, the relationship would never be the same. Something has been lost/destroyed, and trust will never be the same again. No, I would not be able to forgive Vera for this.

Sorry if you don't agree.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Torn on this one...

...it's a far softer version of Speechless, a previous work of this authors, but different enough to stand on its own. It's more like Agena's "A Joke" without the ending...any of the endings actually. I enjoyed the read and appreciated the fact that no anal fisting was involved in the story for a change. I think I liked it and I'm not sure that's a good thing. Because I'm torn like that...4 stars. I hope my conscience will forgive me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
0 stars

What a load of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Love??????

Vera has no love for her husband putting him through an emotional hell. His mind will be in turmoil for YEARS to come by her actions. This was not a joke nor an example of trying to see if her writing was good. It was pure humiliation! He would do better by going it alone without her shit.

PamR55PamR55over 9 years ago
Husband must avenge his humiliation

She is the devil incarnate. The only way for the husband to regain his manhood is to tell her to get her manipulating ass home from Dennys in five minutes or don't bother coming ever.

I would expect a bitch like her to have a smirk on her face when she walked in and act like she can't understand why he is overreacting. He should sit the bitch down and tell her if she ever talks to Reg again, or sets foot in it that college again, their marriage is over. In either event a man's honor requires that he even the playing field. He should let that hang over her head while he shops for a woman who wouldn't intentionally hurt someone she claims to love just for a better grade.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fucking retarded

As usual.

spredmspredmover 9 years ago
play my ass

she's a cheating slut covering by this play bullshit, bounce her ass out

greowulfgreowulfover 9 years ago
Excellent

I'm torn about what the bitch did to him, but I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be. Totally heartless, but at the same time exactly yhe kind of thing the "artistic type" would do. At least she admits to being selfish and manipulative. ***** from me, one of my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Mixed Feelings

This demands a follow-up. As it stands now, we have a bunch of different women who have worked together to deceive/lie to her husband. Does he stay and wait for her to get home, meet them at Denny's?? Forgiveness - is it forgiven?

njlaurennjlaurenover 9 years ago
Well written

The writing deserves a 5,but I have to admit if this is the end of it,I don't like it.No,tbe wife didn't cheat,but she conspired with others to.hurt him.This,involved reg and his wife,it involved his boss,and they know he was made a fool of.At the very least,she could have set this up so only teshe was monitoring,Reg had no right to be there.It would be like setting up a ruse a la candid camera with people watching where a guy is confronted at work by a,cop and told his wife had died,seeing him collapse,then telling him 'surprise' and having people laugh at him. She didn't even have the,courage to be in the room when he broke in and explain it,she was away.leaving him to his humiliation.hopefully there is a part 2 cause this left it raw and angry,and yes,it draws the reader in thrn leaves them hanging.

keystone00000keystone00000over 9 years ago
chapter 2 please

This story demands a chapter 2. What Vera did was cruel, twisted, self serving, and totally disrespectful to her husband Gary. She claims to love him? No one does something like this to someone they love. The only person Vera loves is Vera. These two HAVE to separate at least for a while. She has to experience the same pain that she caused her husband. In my opinion, Gary should not go to Dennys, and not go out for pizza, letting by gones be by gones. When Vera gets home, Gary should have packed a bag and left. Leave a note for Vera saying" People don't do this to people they love- I'm leaving and I don't know when I'll be back- if ever." he should leave his wedding ring on top of the note. The next day she should hear from an attorney, telling her Gary has begun divorce proceedings. Even if he doesn't intend to carry through with a divorce, she needs to know how seriously sick, devious, and disrespectful this whole event was. Get them back together eventually, but with Vera's realization that her marriage would never be the same, and Gary would never ever fully trust her again. Let her carry that burden for the rest of her life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Judging By The Number of Comments

and my own professional experience, I'd say you have done an exemplary job in your class assignment!!!

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 9 years ago
I don't know....

seems like mental cruelty to me....

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The next

The next script starts out with him getting a good lawyer and divorcing the bitch. Then sueing everyone else involved that conspired to help her. Also prosecute his boss and company for participating in the scheme. Then with all the fat settlements and ruined lives in his wake, send his ex a postcard from the tropical paradise he now resides in showing him being attended to by the many beautiful island girls.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Moral of the story?

Reg has dominated his wife and had her cuck hubby, then write it up as a play and then show the ultimate disrespect for him by playing him for a fool. He should go to Denny's, beat Reg to death with a hammer, she did hide his gun after all, and then proceed to beat her to within an inch of her life, that way she will be in pain and be in the hospital for a long time. To hell with suing them or divorcing her. I would think that with all that she said in her play, that this would be the best review of all, he believed it.

Now, for those who think this is an over reaction. Hell, it's only a story. Obviously you can't go too far in a story, especially if you are a cheating wife. He's just doing what he needs to do to get over the little fact of what she did. RAAC?

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Iron Dragon, Help!

Like the Lone Ranger we need you to come in and set this story right.

Please?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
LOVE?

Why would a person hurt someone like that if they truly loved them. To put one's own ego above the feelings of another person is morally reprehensible. In a good marriage both parties need to be able to trust that their spouse won't hurt them. How awful for him that he cannot trust that. I sure wish the author would stop leaving the stories unresolved. I've read only 2 so far and both were left hanging, although this one wasn't as horrid as the one about the abusive wife with the cane. I felt like throwing up at such cruelty. Consenting adults is one thing, risking permanent damage to a non consenting partner is unforgiveable and most probably illegal. I suppose I'll never know if future stories will have an ending since I plan never to read another by this author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Yes, It is insensitive

It does not show as much love as a good husband would expect. But your story was very creative. The only hole, I think, is a lack of detail explaining why she wanted to hurt her hubby like this as it was not part of her class assignment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
well

Pretty obvious she is cheating and this is the ploy to get away with it.

No sane wife would do this to her husband. Wish the story was finished.

I suspect he walks out. Wouldnt you if you were the husband?

She is cruel to him for....fun? No has to be to cover an affair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Needs a Sequel.

You could make 2 sequels covering both senarious

g912493g912493over 9 years ago
Well This Was Different

I see that there have been 132 comments so you must have hit some hot buttons. I think the story is well written, but I hated the content. It flat out pissed me off. But isn't it the purpose of some stories to invoke such strong feelings.

Well written ugly story. One more thing, I bet you get a lot of low scores because of the emotion of the content rather then your writing skills.

green117green117over 9 years ago
amusing, but derivative...

Yes, Agena's "A Joke", but also crossed with RPSuch's "I Can Explain"...

It tries to fix the issues with "A Joke" by putting the wife's actions more in the OK column... but still gets some of the commentariat claiming that instantaneous murder is justified. Go figure.

Anyway, what is justified by art? As written, he has promised to forgive, since she didn't really transgress the vows of marriage (come on guys - stop hallucinating an affair when the author clearly has shown no affair, and no reason for an affair). She wanted an honest response to her work... it may not be what she wanted or expected in detail, but you can almost see the point here.

However, the hidden fuse to the explosive is:

"Sometimes we played little jokes on each other, but it was all innocent fun. We would embarrass each other, but never to the point of humiliation. And most importantly, our play never involved others.

One reason for this is we found something else we had in common: We were both a little more sensitive than the average person and tended to emotionalize trivial things. We decided the best way to deal with that was to always say what was on our minds and always tell the truth, no matter what the consequences were. Even if the truth hurt, we knew that – at least for us -- discovering a lie would hurt more."

She involved many other people, and lied to him. Now, can you write without "lying"? A question Garrison Keillor addresses, as it turns out... but what the heck.

The drama teacher, and her assignment, seems to be a bit at fault - essentially asking people to out their transgressions?

But isn't that what "love wives" is mostly about?

Amusing, but still derivative, I'm afraid. Not that there is much new under the sun... wanna watch a movie in Esperanto starring William Shatner? Sometimes derivative is better...

Green-something

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
This ought to be "one of those things"

The ones he said he'd never forgive, and that she claimed she'd never do. Deliberately deceiving, hurting and enraging your partner for (apparently) the sake of "art" is manipulation of a kind that should not be forgiven. Get out now, before she decides she wants to stage a Grand Guignol.

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
Oh yeah...

I'd start looking for another job, too.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
If that is her idea of a joke it is pretty sick

she and her sense of humour deserve to get a failing grade in her marriage and the class she claims it was for. And for going along with it (if it really was a joke) good old Reg should be the recipient of some serious retribution.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Weird

Seriously,

Who would do that to someone they love……...

carvohicarvohiover 9 years ago
Odd and tragic story...

Vera is an interesting person. I'm afraid she probably destroyed a happy marriage. Were I Gary I'm sure I'd laugh the whole thing off at first. I say at first, but I think two things would begin niggling at me.

First, her choice of 'play acting' would slowly begin to cause me to doubt the sincerity of her affection for me. This was a cruel and hurtful hoax, and not something a truly loving spouse would do. I'm not a brooder, but I believe this would be like a cancer; it would slowly erode my confidence in the depth of her love. I think it would slowly gnaw away my love for her.

Second, though her assertions of fidelity sounded sincere, her decision to do what she did would undermine my belief in her fidelity. I would slowly begin to question the things she did. Living on a farm we always had to deal with unsavory little critters like moles, voles, and the occasional rat. We always kept a good dog or two on hand that would root out the problem. If we didn't the critters could get under one of the barns or worse under the house and cause damage to the foundation. Vera's little skit I'm afraid would be like one of those destructive little critters. Regrettably, the foundation her one act play was assailing was Gary's foundation of trust, and there is no 'dog' that can rescue that.

In short, her little 'play' was most assuredly an irretrievable assault on two critical girders of their marriage; the belief in the genuine love of one's partner, and the slow destruction of that fundamental sense of trust. Vera's little play most likely will lead to the slow and painfully agonizing death of their once happy marriage. Oh too bad... what a foolish thoughtless thing to do, and to think it was only for a grade in some obscure class.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Obvious

Obviously well done and deserving five stars. Obviously emotion provoking and not the behaviour of a loving wife. Obviously this is just what they had agreed not to do, being pure humiliation. Obviously he has to worry about the effect of all this on their children. Obviously the writer has made us all enter in the skin of the protagonist and suffer terrible humiliation. Obviously I renew my vow to never read anything else by the author, he is out to make us unhappy unless we are masochists.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well of course I would forgive her

Just as soon as she and her asshole boyfriend got out of the intensive care ward of whichever hospital they took her to!

seekerazseekerazover 9 years ago
Sad, very sad

Vera knows little about love. How can Gary overcome the emotions felt leading up to the note from her. I think she's lying. I see nothing but tragedy from this point forward and, it's ALL on her.

That said, the end was given away with Gary's comment about the car looking as if it was that of an unemployed actor. From that point forward it was obvious.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
WTF?

Stupidest waste of time I have ever spent reading ANYTHING! Next time you come up with an idea for a story, please don't post it anywhere it might be seen by anyone with the ability to read.697D

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
He spoke to the Tablet

"Don't come home. I will pack a few things and be gone quickly. Never try to talk to me again. All communications will be through our attorneys. Any wife that could behave like you have and done what you did, doesn't deserve to be a wife or a Mother. I will be asking for full custody and I believe the evidence will favor my case. After the divorce I will take the kids and move far away. Never try to contact us. Goodbye." That's what we can an ending Ed. Why don't you try writing one once in awhile? No stars for this absolute garbage.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Whoa

Looked at the story again and wow. This bitch did to us what the wife bitch did to her hubby in the story. She validated herself as an author by causing this much uproar about her story. Didn't dawn on me edrider=Ed rider. She rides Ed. Probably a true story that she wrote when she got out of the hospital. Ed is her power wheelchair. Gary died in prison for killing the boyfriend, they had to tear down the Denny's because they could never get all of the pieces of the other guy out of the carpet and the woodwork. Wifey only has the use of one eye and one arm, but damn, she knows she can write. Now she's proving it again.

NicoleAlldredgeNicoleAlldredgeover 9 years ago
Intresting story, however....

The story was interesting, however, I believe there should be a follow up. Unless the husband was a complete wet washrag I don't see him reacting to her actions in a "Oh shucks you got me" attitude. What she did was deliberately cruel and by involving his boss as well as their friends it was also very humiliating.

I do not believe that a man would simply brush this situation off as if it was nothing. What she did showed a deep inside picture into her true self and how cruel, conniving, manipulative, selfish and uncaring she was capable of being. At the least I foresee distrust and feelings of betrayal arising in the future, which lead to the gradual erosion of trust and respect which help to solidify the foundation of a good marriage.

Personally I would like to see a sequel where he choses not to go to Denny's or just brush it off. Instead Gary recognizes and treats her actions as the betrayal of trust and respect they were. Realizing that due to her actions the foundation of their relationship was now crumbling to dust all for the sake of a grade in a pitiful creative writing class Gary responds causing her to experience the full destructive force her cruel, selfish actions brought down on their relationship. Due to a loss of trust and the refusal to accept the cruel humiliation, disdain, and lack of respect his wife obviously feels is funny and justified Gary choses to begin to move on with his life without Vera causing his heartless wife to suffer the consequences of her cruel and selfish actions.

Subject............................................... 5 stars

Story and character development...... 3 stars

Ending tie up ..................................... 3 stars

personal opinion of story outcome.... 1 star

Calculated Score...............3 Stars***

phil2213phil2213over 9 years ago
Annoying

This story was extremely well written and it evoked emotion. However, the level of betrayal for selfish reasons was enormous. The reaction I would personally have if I were the husband is to quit my job and move. The story is premised on betrayal with no level of respect for her husband to cause emotional pain to get a good grade. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Overall, I didn't like it much.

vikingprincevikingprinceover 9 years ago
FINISH THE DAMN STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one cries for an ending. The wife was selfish and cruel and I do not see the husband putting up with this kind of emotional abuse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Please finish the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
"Uups", he said...

when he put a gun shot into her dumb head. "I thought I should finish your role play in the right way - to make it as real as possible..."

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very Thought Provoking

Dear Vera,

Congratulations on a very emotional play you have written. It was so realistic that it brought out feelings of betrayal and hate. I wanted to bust down the door and try to save our marriage before you fucked it away. Imagine my surprise when I saw your tablet and speakers instead of cheaters. Your A+ was well earned and you should be proud of your creativity. And in case you are wondering I will forgive you for this eventually but right now I am too angry to forgive.

However, forgiving and forgetting are two different things and though I will forgive you I will never forget the indescribable hurt that you have caused me with this staged infidelity. I thought my heart was going to blow up with the pain I felt. But the realization that you did this to affirm your grade for a class did something more to me than the hurt. It ripped the soul right out of my being! I am no longer the same person I was and I am certain that it damaged our relationship beyond repair. I will not be living with a woman who could do that to her husband. You will be hearing from my attorney.

Goodbye, Gary

wonder203wonder203over 9 years ago
very well written

There is way too much left of this story. You write very well but you need to finish this and let us know what happens. This was devastating to the husband and not fair to not tell us how he feels and reacted.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
I WONDER IF SHE COULD PASS THE OATH TEST

under cross examination. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hello, Vera,

.. and Reg and Penny, because I know you're listening. I won't be joining you at Denny's, and we won't go out for pizza. I don't have much appetite right now.

Yes, I forgive you. As you said, you manipulated the promise out of me, but I will keep my word. But you are a stranger to me now. The Vera I knew could not have conceived, let alone meticulously planned and executed, such cold-blooded, wanton cruelty to anyone, let alone someone she claimed to love. You didn't even have the poor excuse of a grade. And then you and your co-conspirator sat and ate at Denny's while you listened to my heart get ripped out of my chest, just as you hoped. I hope it was dramatic enough for you.

I won't be here when you get home. I need to figure out whether I can love this new Vera, who can spend weeks planning torture like this while saying she loves me, and say she's sorry while regretting nothing. You need to explain this character to me: maybe Reg can help you with believability. I will come home after work tomorrow. How long I stay depends on you.

UwantwatUwantwatabout 9 years ago
FU

This is the cruellest story I have ever read on this site.

This is the first time I have made a comment on a story, which should tell you something.

sdc97230sdc97230about 9 years ago
Isn't it ironic

She didn't commit adultery, but in most states you can no longer cite adultery as grounds for divorce any way. You CAN, however, cite mental cruelty.

There also seems to be a pretty good case for a suit on grounds of intentional infliction of emotional distress. Not much point in suing your own wife for it, but I wonder how much money Reg is worth, and whether enough could be squeezed out of his boss and employer to make up for having to walk away from his job...

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
The title and description sounded interesting enough

so I read a story I would normally skip because of its relatively low rating. The first thing I noticed was how well written it was. I was confused, however, with Larry, Gary, Vera, and Kara. I thought L and K were their kids - then they were on the phone with each other and everyone was calling each other by their first names. Anyway, I eventually got that straight. I'm still not certain what Vera was trying to accomplish. Was she trying to determine if she had correctly calculated her and Gary's willingness to forgive each other? Was she trying to figure out what he really thought about her writing skills? (She shouldn't need the latter because she was getting such positive feedback from Reg, her professor, and her classmates.)

I skimmed the more recent comments. Most are absolutely hilarious. This couple determined, before they married, how perfectly matched they were and how they had both been through "hell" and saw no need to ever go back. How in the hell should her somewhat bizarre behavior in the last 25% of the story cause the end of their marriage?

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
@ Tim413413

Really?

You really don't see anything wrong with intentionally inflicting emotional and mental cruelty and distress on a loved one?

A loved one that you know is more sensitive than most?

Shattering his belief that he had a faithful wife that cared for him and would never do him harm.

Involving others that he had trusted.

Doing it for no reason other than to hurt him.

To test his ability to forgive?

She knew there were things he could not forgive.

If you stand on the edge of a cliff and lean out to see how far you can get before you lose your balance, you still fall when you lose it even if it was not your intent.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
ONCE AGAIN IT BOILS DOWN

to: whom can you trust. TK U MLJ LV NV

retmstrretmstrabout 9 years ago
****

The first thing he should do is contact a shark of an attorney and find where he stands in regards to child support and alimony. With the papers she wrote in hand file for mental cruelty for starters. Good writing. Interesting tale. Cheers!

kdcee79kdcee79about 9 years ago
2nd time through

While I understand where you're coming from this time I still feel it was one of the most shocking, despicable & completely cruel things I've read on LW. If that had happened to me, no scrub that, it would never happen to me, my wife is many things but sadistic she's not, however if it did, I would collect the kids & leave her alone at least for 2 - 3 weeks without any communication at all. I'd resign as my boss was complicit with this event & perhaps move cities/states, try to re-establish a new life for the children & myself, then, & only then would I try to contact my wife. Sometimes payback needs to be harsher than the original act. Still not worth more than 3 ***

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
I had to see what I might have missed

What I found made it even worse.

"I knew that if I got my wish and you really believed it, it would also make me selfish and cruel, because it would hurt you deeply. Maybe the most disgusting thing I did was last night when I manipulated our conversation. You didn't know it but when you told me you'd forgive me, you were giving me permission to do this to you."

He did not say he would forgive her

"there are some things that I'm not sure I would forgive. No, that makes it sound like there's some doubt. There are some things I definitely wouldn't forgive. Does that answer satisfy you?"

"Yes!" she said. "It totally satisfies me. I am so relieved."

"Why?" I said. "I'm not saying the same thing as you said at all."

"Yes you are," she said, "because now I know that whatever I do, you'll forgive me."

"Except for some things that I won't forgive," I said. "Were you listening?"

Nope, she only heard what she wanted to hear.

It is the end of her play, and their marriage. fini

real69luvrreal69luvralmost 9 years ago
is this all?

Why no follow up? To leave it like this sucks. lol

LVGirlLVGirlalmost 9 years ago
Oof!

I think if I were Gary I'd take some time off and just disappear for a while. This was incredibly cruel . . .

cohibaIVcohibaIValmost 9 years ago
You're taking the piss, aren't you?

Your stories seem designed to provoke reactions in the reader. I was surprised at my own reaction, which was a small bit of admiration for your writing ability and a large bit of astonishment and hatred for what the wife did to her husband. Yes, she was faithful, but this would come under the heading of "mental cruelty," and no one could fault him for leaving her. I just read another one of your stories, "Revenge in Advance," and it was much the same: a wife destroys her husband's trust in her while she manages to remain "faithful". I don't like it, but it's well written. Well played.

Kate12345675Kate12345675almost 9 years ago
If that were me

I would divorce the bitch !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I'd kill the Bitch

I'k either kill or divorce her... no wife would do this to her husband...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
sorry this is one of the most sadistic things I have ever read

the wife would find it impossible now to prove she hadn't fucked him, and even harder to explain how she came up with this detailed torture. Death becomes her is the best answer for this, not when she expects it, not when she was prepared for the attempt, and not when it could be linked back to him.

SplitAcesSplitAcesalmost 9 years ago
Cruel and stupid!

I'd given this a lot of thought since hearing from Kara; so instead of breaking down the door to a life in prison, I backed away quietly. I will find Reg later and kill him when I won't be the obvious suspect. Because I loved Vera and my kids need their mother, I'll just disappear. I hate to think what I will do if I ever see her again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I gave it 4 stars. ...

... Only because I can't record 4 1/2 stars. It was imaginative and believable. The characters, both big and small never stepped away from themselves. The letter was an excellent device for wrapping up the story. Although it got little clumsy around the boss telling "about your promotion and raise that wasn't going to be announced until next month". A better edit would be to remove the promotion and raise. It is too Polyannic. The letter’s impact by both an explanation and iron tight alibi is the key stone to the storie's web and needs no “winning touch for Notre Dame” element.

If it me I'd be pissed then forgive her, all she wanted was an honest reaction and their perfect relationship wouldn’t allow it without this ploy. I am often surprised by the viscous comments of those opposed to any plot line that doesn’t include a burnt B, even when there is no B, just an uncertain, insecure and neurotic playwright. That is someone with which it can identify.

This was a strong effort, please continue to write. Panther fan.

gara5289gara5289almost 9 years ago

Great story. Though forgiveness...this sounds so painful that regardless of any promises of forgiveness i'm not sure you could get it.

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 9 years ago
Why is this so poorly rated - it's great!

I'll never understand ratings on Loving Wives; this story is completely original, suspenseful and intriguing. Definitely a 5 in my book!

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts

“We were both a little more sensitive than the average person and tended to emotionalize trivial things.” – And since she obviously KNOWS this about him, even if her story is true, the cruelty of it is just about unforgivable.

"But what if I did it for a reason? What if I thought it was a good reason, but it was really a selfish reason. And what if it really hurt you badly for a while? Would you forgive me? That's what I want to know." – Simple answer: “NO! You do something terrible to me, that hurts me deeply, for a SELFISH ‘reason’? NO FUCKING WAY!”

Asking for “forgiveness” in advance is ridiculous! It would depend on so many things – exactly WHAT was done, how many times, is it over? “Forgiveness” in advance is effectively giving permission, and again, to give permission you would need to know just WHAT you were giving permission for!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Cruelty too the Max

How could she do this cruel thing to someone she proclaimed to love so much ? Shows a sadistic streak in her personality that would make me worry for the kids, plus the husband ! I think this should be grounds for husband to get custody of the children .

Tim413413Tim413413almost 9 years ago
George Anderson

wrote "Strange Car in the Driveway: Sequel." It was posted in LW on 7/15/15. The rating, as of 10:30 on 7/15, = 3.88. I have not yet read it. I agree with imhapless re this story's rating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Really a disgusting tale of abuse

Abuse of trust. Abuse of love. Physical abuse (he definitely hurt himself breaking down the door). I see no loving wife here. I see a mean spirited, self centered, manipulative bitch that had no real concern for her husband's physical or mental well being and was only concerned with her grade. And I think she DID have an affair and is simply trying to cover it up. He should pack a couple of suitcases and leave before she returns. Tomorrow he should ask his Boss to delay the promotion and raise (less alimony that way), see an attorney and file for divorce. Who would want to stay with a woman who, by her actions, has clearly demonstrated she has no real love or respect for her husband? No one! Awful story.

patilliepatilliealmost 9 years ago
Really good and quite clever

A very novel story, a turn on the cheating wife I had not ever read before. I only read this as GeorgeAnderson posted a f/u today and I had to read it to understand his story.

Good job Ed, liked it a lot, and it was a quick read.

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
If all she wanted was to know what he really thought of her writing

she should have asked in a less inflammatory way.

If she wanted to hurt him. She succeeded.

Now it is his turn. I hope.

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 9 years ago
172 comments.... not bad, not bad at all

caustic to complements, typical reaction.

I'll respond. Good grief you got me.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 9 years ago
I just re-read this

It's cold-hearted, fantastic and his wife is a psychopath with narcissistic tendencies.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
What a horrible thing to do.

Kind of a cheesy "Gotcha" (Ray Bradbury 1979) with a cheating wife theme. She abuses the absolute hell out of his trust in her. How could you do something like this to someone you supposedly loved? I personally think this would change the entire relationship for the worse, and probably, kill it dead.

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 9 years ago
A Certain Five

This is very imaginative. Five for that alone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Very horrible to do that to your husband, unfinished story!

What is his reaction. After you upset him and make him break the door down for a pre rehearsed skip. That could. And should damage your marriage.!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Pathetic on so many levels

She obviously thanks highly of herself and very little for her husband. She is one definition of a CUNT. Heartless selfish arrogant and uterly pathetic. It is probably good this writer did not finis this horrible hateful story. This way we aren't subject to the pain of reading about what a sissy little coward the husband is. He should walk out on her and quite his job. Take all the money they have and go to Vegas and go off the deep end. 5hat would make a good ending.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 9 years ago
Gave it a 5 for imagination. BUT!

What a horrible story and situation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
This needs an ending....

....and if it is anywhere near realistic, will not end too well for wifey.

What she did was unconscionable, incredibly selfish and intentionally hurtful. She knew it would kill him and did it anyway.

She said it best... She's "one of those neurotic, selfish authors we study".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
the wife is cruelly insane, to inflict this type of torture on someone you are supposed to love, suppose he had had a stroke

He needs to have her committed to and insane asylum, then divorce her and find a real wife

computermadcomputermadover 8 years ago
Cruel

I cannot imagine anything more cruel than actually committing the act itself. I would be gone and divorced asap. Who would want to be married to such a vindictive bitch. This story should have a more thought out ending or maybe a follow up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I`m gone !!!

I would be gone ,because of her cruel disrespect she would get the divorce papers on Monday.........

\

C_frommnC_frommnover 8 years ago
Cruel B!tch

Gary should let her think he has gone to another woman and let her see and feel what she put him through. She is lucky to not be my wife because I would be GONE!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Not bad

Ruined only by the lack of some type of follow up. Come on ed73, you unisex thing you, be brave, finish the goddam story, this just aches for some sort of ending; the possibilities are endless. A lucky 4 *

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
sucks

Nuff said

fifteen16fifteen16over 8 years ago
Regret

When I was a teenager i bought a second hand book which I enjoyed reading until I found the last few pages were missing, naturally I regretted buying said book. I found this story an interesting read until the ending, or lack of one. Therefore I have the same feeling as I did about the person who put the book into the book shop.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
typical edrider shit.

solid 1* for you. now please go kill yourself. thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Weird, but still had potential until...

...you blew the ending. Put an ending on there (doesn't even matter which way he goes) and the story immediately gets better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Holy cow this need a sequel

Congrats. Great story. Four out of five. This is well written and clever. I really like stories that convincingly make out that the wife is cheating when really she isn't and then see the husband's reaction and how it all comes out in the wash. Such a story has to be really clever to work - like this one.

And now for a constructive criticism and why this wasn't a five. There was a hint in the last paragraph. Holy cow this needs a sequel or a postscript or even a few more paragraphs.

I want to see what the husband does after he reads the letter. Did he hurt himself knocking the door down? That would make her feel even more guilty. I want to see what the wife does to try to apologize. I want to see if he accepts her apology. (I think he would eventually) I want to see if he gets her back for her incredibly cruel prank - well, it's not really a prank. But it sort of is. What if he had a heart attack listening to their performance? So many possibilities ...

That ending practically killed me. LOL

sinsational83sinsational83over 8 years ago
RIGHT

For fuck sake finish the damn story. You have so much potential to make this a great story. Then I will be more than happy to give it the 5 stars it would deserve.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well

Very cruel wife. She needs psychiatrist or a divorce or both.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
And dear annony you need to be put in a home for assholes

Your dumbass comments are really boring and you are a piece of shit. gave this a 5 too

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1* this is one of the most humiliating stories i have ever read

if she did not have sex with the guy, and that isn't proven, she manipulated her husbands whole life including work, mentally and emotionally betrayed him, then acts as if what she did is all innocent and above board. Were I her husband I would get witnesses to this whole scene, video the room and such, contact a lawyer and file for divorce on mental cruelty and seek sole custody of the children as the wife in mentally ill. For those that thing this type of action is ok, you need to seek professional help. If the writers aim was to portray the wife as totally mentally deranged he did an excellent job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
sick.....

1* THAT FUCKING WIFE IS SICK

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
ok

nice storie but needs to be finished

all we have read about is her

and that she loves him

what a crock of shit

if she writes it how long before she does it

now we need to hear from Gary

if he throws her to the curb.

quits his job because of all her bullshit

that made him into a cockold

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2over 8 years ago
5 great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You assholes annony should try and write a story before you bitch about any of these. So I gave it a 5 to help!

MullendersMullendersover 8 years ago

so when is this story going to finished ?? becouze now it certenly. beside for me it would make it worse that she did this just to see how the guy would react then actualy doing the deed i would kick her out no pardon

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What a crock!

She should have written- Reg and I are fucking each other blind and have planted this crap to fool you. Your Boss is in on this because she's doing a threesome with us. So if you're stupid enough to believe this tripe-You deserve whatever shit I give you to eat!

computermadcomputermadover 8 years ago
B***S***

How can anyone who says they love someone do this. She already got a standing ovation for the play. What else did she need. I would send her arse to the kerb for mental cruelty. Nobody needs to live with such a nasty vindictive bitch and I would resign form work immediately after his bosses involvement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

fucking bullshit. wasted time.

vastiesmith2 aka bonnietaylor2, hope you die. soon.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous