All Comments on 'Strange Car in the Driveway'

by edrider73

Sort by:
  • 650 Comments (Page 3)
Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 8 years ago

I think this comes pretty close to things that are unforgivable, setting out to intentionally hurt your partner in such a manipulative manner could and probably will permanently damage their marriage.

I would never fully trust a woman that did something like this, and would always be suspicious of what else she might lie about in the future, and what other way she might hurt me if it serves her selfish purposes..

On another note, I hate the author for leaving this unfinished, the open ended thing is just a lazy cop-out in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Damn this story drove me....

A little crazy but damn thinking about it. This is a well written and also well developed story. A lot better than others.......sry

bill.........

Oya....5s all day long

steven857steven857over 8 years ago
Close

I think this story would have crossed the line to unforgivable for me, I would have always afterwards had doubts about her. Trust would have been ruined. So the marriage would have been over the manipulation would have been enough to end the relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
My Divorce Lawyer Will Contact You Tomorrow

This was 100% as unforgivable as actual adultery. He hurt just as bad as if she had actually committed adultery. And I really am not sure she didn't. Look and find the gun. Go to Denny's and aim the gun at them both. Calmly tell them that there are some things in marriage that are not forgivable. Oh, and your grade from me on your assignment? An F! Expect divorce papers within days! Don't come back home. The next time I point this gun...you die!

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
A story has an arc

This has no arc.

You had a beginning, you had a middle. There is no end, so there is no story. Instead, this is a function of artistic sadism.

The largest flaw is that you did not show any change in character...because that would happen in the third scene you totally left out of the story.

The entire time I was reading this, I was very much enjoying the clarity and functionality of your writing. I thought it was well done. I do not even mind the total mind fuck you put in the middle. Dramatic writing requires drama.

So well done on those fronts. However, you left all the readers with blue balls. From what I read in the comments (this is my first story of yours...I am uncertain if there will be another), you seem to enjoy writing sadistic stories. Well, leaving this hanging was a touch of sadism for the reader.

All you have done for me is to want to write an end to this story.

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
I want to add

The idea that she wanted to know if she gets forgiveness as some kind of exculpatory thing actually works the opposite for me.

Essentially by asking if she would get forgiven she KNOWS in her bones that she is doing a wrong and harmful action. And she is DELIBERATELY doing a wrong and harmful action on someone she loves.

And why? Why is she threatening her marriage, hurting her soul mate, putting her children at risk for being raised in a broken home?

So she can make her husband a piece of performance art.

Nice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
this done by another person, with mental anguish, deserves a civil lawsuit

he might not be able to sue his wife but Reg and Penny deserve one. Personally with my personality the marriage would be toast. You cant trust she never had sex with Reg, you only have her word she didn't and after the lying manipulation and humiliation of what she put on him, he can believe anything she says ever again. Their are things people do that can never be forgiven, not such thing as closure, its still in your memory and emotions. This rises to that level, she intentionally inflicted mental anguish, humiliation, manipulated their friends, and his professional associates into inflicting this on him. Suppose it had caused him to have had a stroke and remotely he had died. Would this have been an act of murder or manslaughter on her and Regs part and would they face criminal charges? I find it interesting that a professional stockbroker was taking a class like this and got caught up in such an act, not really actions I would associate with a professional, and his wife? The more I think about it the saying death becomes her looks more and more interesting, would she forgive him?

spankfunforspankfunforover 8 years ago
Forgive Her

Then Cheat So She Knows For Sure But No Evidence For Divorce! She Has To Forgive You, YOU Challenged Her Love! Her Words!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
They're finished

If she can pull a stunt like that knowing how hurt and angry he would be, they're done. Even if she did nothing with Reg

colddayscolddaysover 8 years ago
Interesting Approach

Needs a second chapter 2.

wistful_of_ozwistful_of_ozover 8 years ago
Interesting idea ....

... But totally unsatisfactory ending.

In husband's position, I would have pached, left and started proceedings.

She toyed with him, trivialised their marriage for no more than a parlour game.

If she's concerned about her artistc integrity, she can listen to the recordings whenever she wants.

The ideas needed further dissection, ending too abrupt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
i agree....

pack, walk out and burn the house down

sinsational83sinsational83over 8 years ago
WTF ??

So far I have read two of your stories, and both of them ended like shit. Just like this one, you have left way too much out of it. Like, what the husband did afterwards. With how pissed he would have been you can't have us, the readers, thinking that they just laughed about it and were all lovey and kiss, kiss, and it was all better. Hell if your going to write stories then finish them in a better way than this shit. Only three stars for this for the effort you put fourth in writing this.

Tootight1Tootight1over 8 years ago
wow!! good story

very well done. a little confusing in parts, but the premise was outstanding. It was a cruel thing to do to her husband, and it could have turned out very bad for all involved, if he hadn't read the letter, but of course he had to, because thee was no one there. This story was great, it really is. I will add it to Favorites. The emotions she put him through were pretty tough, and she did it on purpose, why? we the reader read his emotions, and in their discussions hers was revealed too, supposedly. I wonder if he had a stroke, or heart attack outside the bedroom door, and died, if the "A" would have been worth it, or if his work insurance paid her.

I loved the story, but clean up some of the communication between the two.

Tootight1Tootight1over 8 years ago
3rd read

I really liked the story, and keep reading it to get a better handle on it, at least in my head.

I didn't think originally that this story needed a second chapter, because the whole case was set up and executed in one, but now I can see where that may be warranted, at least for closure in the story.

Every reader will have their own rendition of how or what or where and when he should or shouldn't do something, but for the story to close, he has to do something. I am looking forward to how the author decides to finish this story. You have spent some time developing the character of the husband and his emotional state of mind, so that there are a number of possibilities that would be within his reach. I'm just curious, as other readers, what he did. Go to Denny's get a pot of coffee and throw it all over them, and leave. something.

I have known some women that do things, not exactly like this, just to see what their husbands would do, but that's what some women are like. I guess if they get the reaction their looking for they go have affairs, knowing what to expect. Don't get me wrong here, there are guys that do the same thing, and we all know it.

GoodhueGoodhueover 8 years ago
Incomplete!

- WTF?! ~ An ending would have been nice! The two meeting and dealing with her bullshit treatment of him should have been included. I KNOW that I would have been really pissed off at my wife if she pulled that crap!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
great story

i would kill her in front of the kids.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
stay gone

Since she is listening over the tablet he should tell her to stay gone, there is no trust in this marriage anymore because of HER deception. She can have the junk car removed full of her property in the morning. She is no longer welcome in HIS house, take the kids to her parents and leave it at that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

unfinished. usual shit by this sick fuck author.

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2about 8 years ago
5

to offset the old fat ugly asshole of LIT's 1 vote

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 8 years ago
Wasn't sure . . .

I wasn't sure how to rate this short story, but I felt that same rage that the husband probably felt when he broke into the bedroom. I hated it. 1*. It was a very, very cruel joke. The wife deserved some intense suffering after pulling this disgusting trick. If I were the husband, I would have moved out for a few weeks, not letting the wife know where I was or if I was coming home. The wife definitely deserved a bit of revenge and cruelty, that's for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
You Lost me I can't understand it

WOW! This is one cryptic story? F#$ k I wish I never read it SORRY! 2stars Love you all! Bye. Greg.

FD45FD45about 8 years ago
Reminded of this story

I was reminded of your story 'Strange Car in the Driveway' and your rather rosy ending that you tacked on to in in a PM.

Essentially you wrote that her husband would act like a screaming bull moose, that the wife, sure of her relationship, would sit there with saintly patience as her husband 'got it out of his system'. Then as some time, the healing power of pussy would have relaxed the man enough to actually meet with the couple whom were party to his deception and pain and they would have a jolly laugh at his pain as they sipped pina coladas and danced in the rain.

Well...we have different ways of looking at this.

There are many things I would forgive my wife. She might say something that cuts my heart out unknowingly or not knowing how deep the knife would go in.

That is a injury of ignorance. We can't know what may or may not set off another person. And AFTER, when informed, she would regret it.

My wife may be stuck in a situation where she needs to make a choice. Sometimes there are losers in any choice, and because we assume forgiveness in our loved ones, that loser is generally a spouse.

This is an injury of hard choices, where one must make a decision and REGRETS THE NECESSITY and the pain, but it must be made anyway. Think Sophie's Choice.

And injury of accident. Do I need to get into this?

And my wife might be viscerally ANGRY at me. She knows my weak spots. So with malice aforethought, she slips the knife in and she smiles while she does it.

This...may not be forgivable. But it certainly is understandable. We call them crimes of passion.

They can mix and match. A little bit of a bad relationship might have my wife making choices with little regard for my feelings, or not holding her tongue as well as she might if we were in a better relationship.

Imagine the husband wakes up one morning and Vera had tied him to the bed, and then, citing that she 'really needed some good screams of agony' for her next art production, she takes a cattle prod to him while she records.

Is this the act of a loving spouse? Is there any difference between this and the story? It is different in degree but not in kind.

So...your assumption seems to be that she HAS a good and loving relationship with her husband and because she HAS it, things will be fine. This is incorrect.

She HAD a loving relationship with her husband. He can and should reevaluate exactly what kind other kind of 'loving actions' he might expect in the future. Rome was never invaded by Romans...until it was that first time. Then it was invaded every decade thereafter until Augustus. The magic was gone.

So her protestations of 'this is the only time I will ever deliberately hurt you' is no doubt an honest assertion...for now. But then again, he never imagined she could do this in the first place.

Now he KNOWS she can...and this woman showed no regret at all in doing it. She DEFENDS her actions. And she gives every indication that if he drags this beyond whatever 'penance' period she feels she SHOULD suffer, she will get angry.

Because she acts like the feelings of other people should be changed and manipulated at her whim. Isn't that what this whole story was about?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
she wants forgiveness? why? dead wives dont need forgiveness!

1* the only shame here is having a wife that is so mentally disturbed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Ending could have been better

I think wife was let off easy in the story, she really thinks they will just laugh this away

Tootight1Tootight1almost 8 years ago
good story

I know I've read this story before, but here I am again. I'm not sure how I would have reacted to be honest. I do have a question though, the plot was understandable and believable, but for her to ask if he wanted to join them at Denny's after, was, for me, not right. His emotions have gone through the wringer, up and down dramatically, and then get invited to face the people that did it to him, just seems not right. What did I miss? Considering what my mind might have been like, I'd have to leave the area for awhile, but to invite him to be laughed at by the perpetrators, and have it exposed to her class too, it's too much. The letter of explanation was great, considering all that had happened. To me, it seemed she had little concern for his emotional state, that he would be upset, and hit things, was understandable, but what if he had a heart attack, or just left the state never to return, maybe never entering the room, and leaving, or committed suicide. She realized his anger, but not his psyche.

A good job overall, and have been enjoying your work, keep it up.

amyyumamyyumalmost 8 years ago
Why is this rated so low?

It's highly original and entertaining; a 5 in my book

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Leave

Pack your shit and get iut of there. Do not go to work in the morning and do not take any calls. Drive at least 100 miles and find a camping store. Use cash for everything and do not leave your real name with anyone. Make her suffer far at least a month before thinking about going home. Stop and start the divorce paperwork before heading out of town.

mike9698mike9698almost 8 years ago
2*

Yes, this is an original story.to bad it doesn't have a fucking ending. What we know is his wife didn't cheat, but she did do something that she knew would deeply hurt her husband. She did this at the behest of someone her husband doesn't like also. What she did was hurt her husband just to see how he would react. He should've divorced the dumb bitch and then ask her if she forgives him. To bad we will never know because the stupid author didn't bother to FINISH HIS FUCKING STORY.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Read this again (by mistake!)

Okay, I forgot this one and read it again. Then I searched for my original comment. I stand by that but I want to add this: imagine if a man did the same thing to his wife, would that be okay? Would it be funny? Would you expect her not to cry and become enraged? This is not amusing. This is not okay. Fucking around with the person you should love more than anyone else is simply sick. If she hates him, then okay. If she wants out of a horrible marriage, okay. If she really loves him she'd never do this. If she wanted to stay married she'd never do this. It would almost be better if she was cheating on him! At least there would be a reason other than total disrespect and lack of love to treat him that way. Horrible story. 1

Tootight1Tootight1almost 8 years ago
good story

it's even believable to some extent. Most people can see well enough on their own to know that the longer a couple has been together, the more the take for granted, and disrespect each other, not always, but it happens, everyone sees it, just watch.

This is my 2nd if not 3rd read, and although I still like the story for it's originality, and insight, I don't think that what the wife did was very nice at all. If this were to have happened by happenstance, as in rehearsing a play in their home, or if he spotted them out conferring on the play, then I could see total forgiveness, it would have been a simple case of misunderstanding, but that isn't the case is it. She purposely sought to hurt her husband, and she knew it.

I didn't seek out my other responses, but I would like to inject a comment as to the seriousness of this joke that was anything but. What if hubby had a heart attack, after getting into the house, hearing his wife and her lover? would the reality of the enormity she has imposed be realized then? She's not going to leave Denny's for another 15 minutes, so he probably wont survive his heart attack or stroke.

Storm113Storm113almost 8 years ago
incomplete

Might have been good if it was finished.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I agree

I agree with a couple of other reviewers here. First, the story didn't have a real ending, it just kind of faded out. Secondly, I agree with another comment that

Gary should just disappear. He should run by the bank, Clean OUT their account,

then disappear. Let Her figure out if he's gonna forgive her. Or not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Totally unfinished

Try the shoe on the other foot! Finish the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Voted 1 star

This story is just garbage. At least have the balls to finish it. Thanks for the try, but you lost a fan with the way it ended. I hope he divorced her ass for this. By the way, next time finish a btb story, cause that is what this is. Maybe FTDS can finish it for us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Finish the story!!

I get so sick of reading some of the stories on Literotica that have no finish to them....What was the problem...you couldn't come up with an ending or you just got tired of writing? The wife is a total bitch and if it were me she would come home to an empty house. At least no husband in it...She has a strange way of getting her Jollies off...Wouldn't doubt for a minute that her and Reg got it on also...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
It was a sick, twisted story

Interesting and different, but unsatisfyingly incomplete. I know - we're supposed to use our imagination and decide for ourselves if he accepted or forgave her for this prank, or just rode off into the sunset. But I come here for your imagination.

RKreaderRKreaderover 7 years ago
Can't you hear the votes?

Just once (at least) I'd like to see husband in your stories express some rage, and walk out of their marriage - or maybe beat the cap out of some sadistic, manipulative wife. Why can't you do this?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Deception, manipulation and a selfish spouse.

The only way I see this ending and feeling good about it is for Gary to take the tablet to a divorce lawyer and file under cruelty. The only words she should ever get to hear from him are 'I'll pick the kids up on Friday' or 'What time should I drop the kids off?'

If she gets away with that, what's next? She obviously has very little to no respect for her husband. It's all down hill from there.

norcal62norcal62over 7 years ago
Damn. I put ** , and *** popped up.

Take the ** for a depressing read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Stupid

If you had written some kind of ending I might have been ok.

Tootight1Tootight1over 7 years ago
loved it, great story

I put this story on my favorites if that means anything. Does she love him, yes. does he love her, yes. It is a great story, why, because it shows how a love can be manipulated. I felt sorry for him, but only because he was exposed to everyone how much he loved his wife, and that is certainly nothing to be ashamed of. At the same time it also showed how the wife manipulated her husband, which seems to be so common in todays world. I commented on this story before, and cant remember how I reacted to it then. The only thing she did wrong was revealing to her classmates, how much her husband loved her. Is that bad, I don't know.

The trick here seems to be whether he accepts his wife's ruse, as a play for others to enjoy, which I wouldn't like, but would accept.

This story could use some closure, at least from the husbands point of view.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

At least he's got a legitimate excuse to quit his job right before he files for divorce. If he's a human being and not a Cuckbot 5000.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Well written but not finished.

I would have divorced her for manipulating me and severely hurting me emotionally.

What a messed up bitch!

I would kicked Reg's ass hard for his involvement and quit my job the next day.

Seriously? Who treats their spouse, employee this shitty claiming to love, respect them.

Would really appreciate closure on this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
nope

Any person who treats another in such an emotionally cruel way, not to mention degrading, is not worthy of forgiveness. Any one who aided the wife is despicable.

Most if not all practical jokes are at the heart hateful actions. To intentionally humiliate another person is an act devoid of humor. Anyone engaging, contributing, or who enjoys such jokes is a sadist.

Wonder how the wife and her aiders and abetters would feel if the husband was so emotionally distraught that he left and killed himself. What if he flew into a rage went into dark room and started beating them with crowbar.

Intentionally causing someone such emotional pain is beyond forgiveness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Yeesh

What she did...wow. They ALL need to find a way to make this up to him, and fast. It wouldn't be that much of a stretch for him to just say "screw it" and drive off to another state, buy a car with cash, dump his current one and disappear while finding a lawyer by phone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
He forgave her for pulling this stunt.

Now she can forgive him when he throws her headfirst down the stairs and stomps her into the ground, She can also forgive him when he goes after her boyfriend and his wife with a baseball bat, Shit who needs a gun to do some real damage. Then she can forgive him when he files against his boss and the company for the mental anguish caused.

Yeah, it's a great day for forgiveness.

Tootight1Tootight1over 7 years ago
great story

It is a good story. I loved the set up, it was almost perfect. I read this before and loved it, but my initial reaction was to kill them both, until I settled down. I think my comments reflected that. Was she wrong to use her husband as an experiment, yes. The result of this could have been dire indeed, he could have had a heart attack, he could have not even taken the time to read or even open the manila envelope.

There was no cheating per say, but there was with his emotions. This whole scenario was her doing, and it hurt. Now, loving his wife as he had, could he in good conscience hurt her, I think not, want to yes, but actually do it, no.

Since this is my 2nd, 3rd, or 4th read, I think I would just pack a bag, and take a mini vacation. Obviously a far cry from my first reaction. I know it probably would have been the mature thing to go have coffee with them, and enjoy their laughter at him, but I guess I'm just not that mature.

I want to thank the author for this story, as it was compelling in the minds of the readers, as the comments support. If nothing else it showed me again, the value of backing away from a situation, for a better understanding, than to rush in. Hopefully other readers too, I hope.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 7 years ago
Payback

He should just put everything back like he hadn't read the note. Pack a bag and write his own note saying he can't live without her and since she made her choice of Reg over him, he would end it all so she could be happy. Then disappear for a few days. Call the boss and tell her since she helped his wife with her deception she must help him with his. Let his wife think he was going to kill himself and sweat for a while. Of course he spends those days working and staying with Larry and Kara who also earn their acting chops commiserating with Vera. After a week he should just show up at home after work like nothing happened and say "how do you like it?"

gara5289gara5289over 7 years ago

Great story, great set up and so fucking cruel. Holy shit.

NicoleAlldredgeNicoleAlldredgeover 7 years ago
Bull shit

This was down right cruel. No caring individual would perpetrate such an evil experiment on the one they professed to truly loved. Such an action would cause tremendous pain and emotional torture. Thus to deem it is ok and that in reality your relationship would not suffer is a hopeful fantasy.

The husband would find himself beginning to lose trust in what once was his loving mate. He would also begin to scrutinize her actions, friends, and motives for doing things for him. You see she did not consider that love can often be strong and hard to completely destroy but may easily eroded away before one realizes it is in danger. Like a pickaxe the loss of trust can chip at a relationships foundation until it becomes begins to be inundated with fissures and cracks.

Once the cracks form it is merely a matter of time before the foundation crumbles. Thus this asinine stunt may seem harmless but regardless how he now chooses to react, the pendulum has been put in motion and their relationship will never totally be what it once was. It is now a little weaker because of her decision to willingly cause him emotional pain.

He will never be able to completely forget her actions and whether he wants it to or not it will creep in and affect his thinking and actions from that point on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very, very compelling and real

Great set up. The dialog and character development truly set this thing off. That's my view of it as literature.

As to how it struck me as a man and husband - I don't do surprises, I would never be manipulated. Especially by someone I trust implicitly. After something like this Vera's belongings would be on the lawn. Give her a few months vacation. And my employer the co-conspirator would be on seriously shaky ground. Our employer/employee relationship would be irreversibly damaged.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
If Vera was my wife?

I would be paying maintenance and child support while looking for a new wife.

My God, what a great manipulative story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Such a sadistic bitch

Isn't she.

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 7 years ago
Second Reading

Lies and deception are bed partners to infidelity. It doesn't matter whether or not Vera and Reg had had actual sex. Emotionally the two shitass actors had destroyed an innocent man. In time he would no longer cry over the three children he left behind. He would find another woman to fill the spot of an ungrateful, selfish wife. He would even get great satisfaction at refusing the promotion and raise and turn in his resignation to his boss while admonishing her to stay out of employee's private lives. He would in time move on with his life, content with paying child support as his only link to his children. Fade into anonymity. I hope it was worth the A+ grade. Too bad. I give this one an F.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
BTB

Manipulative whore

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Just "Wow"!!! Five Fucking Stars!!!!

Very well written!! Excellent story concept!!! I've been reading lit stories since the early nineties, and I've read some messed up fecal matter. I'm also not a "BTB" kinda guy, but this is the First time I've ever wanted a wife to be so completely, and absolutely destroyed. I would want her life so traumatized after this that the near vicinity of her radiation kills all hope of love in anyone. Forever and ever. Thank you for writing!!!

Tootight1Tootight1over 7 years ago
good story

I think it's my 2nd or 3rd read. It's still a good story. I don't like what she did to him, but it is a good story. My previous statements still stand, but now have changed, maybe because of my mood, I don't know, or because I know what was happening all along. The possible physical damage she could have done to him along with the psychological damage, where not taken into account in their play. As previously stated, he could have had a heart attack, or stroke, hurt himself breaking into the room, who knows.

As one of my responses, was to go to Denny's and pour a pot of boiling coffee all over them. Of course that's not what he should do, but it was one of my first reactions. I actually loved the story, if for no other reason than the amount of love they had for each other, yes love. How many times has a reader read, that a husband would let his wife cut out his heart with a shovel and wouldn't stop her?

If I had known that this plan was going to play out, in hind sight, I think I would have gotten ahold of a drug that would make it appear that I had a heart attack. See how she takes her little play then? Just lay outside the door and on the floor, never open it. That should do it.

C_frommnC_frommnover 7 years ago
I Personally

Think her and Reg should be Booted Her out the Door and Reg in the Ball's. as for my Boss she would get my resignation in the Morning.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I'll be brief

What a stupid piece of crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well

What about a heart attack or suicide....also payback....hehehe

bad idea ...... bill

5sssss

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
crossed a line

Vera crossed a line to prove what? How clever she was? The stage was one thing - their home, the car, the recording and his boss were another. Gary should immediately pack and leave. She can take care of the kids for a few weeks. The next day he should ask for an unpaid leave of absence, take cash from the bank, and hit the road. They both need time to consider this cruel, thoughtless act. She needs the shock, and he needs time away. After several weeks they can discuss if they still have a marriage after this "pretend" adultery.

The DJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What will she do?

What will she do when he doesn't show up? What will she do when she finds her bedroom a mess, and she could smell the piss on her side of the bed? What will she feel when she finds the bank accoint empty and he sent a letter of resignation to his boss? That is what he should do, leave her and let her wonder about forgiveness. Then he should show up and act like nothing happened, then have a friend call and say, ate we going to do it tomorrow like you promised? We both know they really did it. Let her stew and wonder about him. She'll understand right when the divorce papers arive the next day. Then he can laugh and say, Fooled you, how does it feel? Then she will find out everything but the divorce papers he made up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Really dumb comes to mind

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Visceral, gut wrenching reaction

I had a similar thing happen to me as a "joke" when a former girlfriend played an April fools prank on me. I was in my early twenties. She was in the bedroom with her girlfriend and her girlfriend's boyfriend. They were acting like they were having sex under the sheets while her girlfriend hid in the closet. She wasn't going to let her boyfriend out of her sight for the joke. My girlfriend and the other guy were dressed in swimsuits under the sheets. I heard them from the living room. Went to the bedroom and listened. I kicked in the door, scaring them, and started beating the crap out of him before everyone stopped me saying it was a "joke". I'm a pretty good natured guy and like to have fun. A lot of things just roll right off me. I usually find a way out of arguments and fights, so they thought that I'd laugh this off. Well, everyone found out the hard way that some things are never funny to me. That relationship didn't survive.

Reading this reminds me of that time. I imagine that the Gary would be mad for some time and even though nothing happened, per the explanation, I think his trust would be really shaken. Personally, I'd like to see what happens next. How will Gary deal with trust issues? How would it affect their relationship? What will Vera do knowing she caused the lack of trust? What lengths would she go to to regain it and what demands would Gary make? Could she meet them? These are just some things I think you should explore.

Tootight1Tootight1over 7 years ago
good story

I don't know how often I have read this, and it's still good. I have tried to think of a couple scenarios that would match the set up. Faking a heart attack, at the door, and not even opening the envelope, or just packing and leaving. I know she loved him, and he loved her, so I don't think divorce would happen, but have her served anyway. By the story, she knows what she is doing is cruel, and it doesn't bother her that much, or letting someone else witness it. Why are women so stupid? I actually I don't, it's just that they are so self centered that they fail to see the impact they inflict on everyone else.

Storm113Storm113over 7 years ago
1* incomplete

I only give a 1 for incomplete stories. Too bad, has great potential!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Just plain idiotic

She has to be stupid as a stump. All those drugs she took in school fried her brain. Run boy. It will only get worse as time goes on.

JackallsJackallsabout 7 years ago
Agree with Storm113

Something for FTDS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Just Plain STUPID!

I'd get a divorce from her just on principle.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 7 years ago
One of your best!

I generally don't like your stories too much. Your writing is, I think, well above average. It's mostly the plots I have a problem with. I think you could be on to something here, the only problem is that this needs a chapter 2. You got your audience hooked; I don't think I've ever seen a comment count this high. What we all need now is resolution. What was hubby's reaction? She knew it was cruel and hurtful, yet she still did it. Judging from your past stories, I probably won't like his response. Even knowing that, I still want to read the next chapter.

For those of you complaining about how unrealistic it is, remember what this site is about. Remember all the 10 inch dicks and unsagging tits? Remember all the movie star housewives married to husbands whose only fault is working too much? This is the home of 'unrealistic' where 90% of the action is fantasy and the rest is fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sorry......

Didn't like it at all. The ending is not complete. If my wife did that to me she would be gone! That is not realistic as that was cruel and not warranted by a spouse.

DB71DB71about 7 years ago
Begging for a follow up!

I know why you ended the story here; to give the reader the opportunity to explore the emotional kick that the story invokes. But it really needs a follow up. My question is, will you allow anyone to post a chapter 2 based on their personal reaction to the story? Or can I possibly inspire you to address this and post a follow up chapter?

My take on a follow up here is based on two things. First is a paragraph from the story itself.

"One reason for this is we found something else we had in common; we were both a little more sensitive than the average person and tended to over-dramatize trivial things. We decided the best way to deal with that was to always say what was on our minds and always tell each other the truth, no matter what the consequences. Even if the truth hurt, we knew that -- at least for us - discovering a lie would hurt more."

Gary's response should reflect the things in the above paragraph. Particularly his sensitivity, overreacting/dramatic reaction, and the fact that, in my opinion, he is discovering a lie more than her admitting to manipulating him.

Second is based on Vera's letter. She explains everything including how hurt she knows Gary will be, all so she can get his honest reaction?! See except below:

"I went back and forth a lot of times in the last couple of days. I really wanted to see how you'd respond to the play. Would it sound realistic enough to fool you for a few minutes? I guess I'm just like those insecure, neurotic playwrights that we've been studying. I knew that if I got my wish and you really believed it, it would also make me selfish and cruel, because it would hurt you deeply. Maybe the most disgusting thing I did was last night when I manipulated our conversation. You didn't know it but when you told me you'd forgive me, you were giving me permission to do this to you."

And here lies the crux of the matter, the dramatic tragedy. She could have gotten his reaction from just inviting him to the presentation and seeing his reaction, but that's not good enough for her. I feel that when Gary answered her earlier question about would he forgive her, she really did not listen. I feel she was fooling herself in her interpretation of his response. This is where I think the follow up should go. Explore Gary's abilities to forgive or not to forgive.

She may find that he can't forgive her. Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they're afraid it might be true. In this case, I think Vera has fooled herself into believing that Gary will forgive her anything short of actually cheating. What if she's wrong and he can't? What happens then?

Well, that's my 2 cents. Thank you for your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very good except

it would have been nice to read what he did next.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I would confront her ass at that minute and yell DIVORCE as loud as I can. She seems to be one brick short of a full load.

FD45FD45about 7 years ago
I came back to this

First, is Tootight1 your other account so you can keep putting this story in the comment section? I mean REALLY!

The story was emotionally evocative. Give it credit there. (Still no ending)

I have outlined what the woman did. She set out, with absolutely no justifiable reason, to deeply and emotionally hurt her husband...for an art project. A grade. Somehow, in your world, this is somehow okay.

But additionally, she violated him in other ways. His employer and other friends were IN ON THE SITUATION. None of them warned him. None of them 'had his back'. All of them allowed his wife to deliberately hurt her husband.

Why should he trust any of them again? Seems time to change his job, his house and his spouse.

Because God knows what her next 'art project' will do to him.

Writer_DirectorWriter_Directorabout 7 years ago
Weird but interesting

At first I thought Larry and Kara were two of their kids. Out of nowhere, apropos of nothing, they got dropped in the middle of the story. Some introduction.

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzabout 7 years ago
I think,,,,

I would disapear for a number of days and not return or answer phone calls. Leave a message for the boss that says I will not be in for a while.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Find her biggest enemy...

Find her enemy, probably a woman 10-20 years younger, then send her a video...suggesting they fucked, but not definitive. Then ask her....forgive me?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Hmmm

Great writing. Its different.

But the wife character? Divorce in real life would but the only outcome.

He got all the agony and pain as if she cheated. And like a cheater she did it on purpose. Intentionally hurting him.

Mental cruelty is divorce grounds. Why would she do it?

Needs another chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Rotten wife..

...rotten friends. Divorce her, move away, get a new job.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 7 years ago
Agreed

New job, new wife, new life. Beat the hell out of Reg and sue the boss.

Wonderman1Wonderman1almost 7 years ago
good story

But terrible to manipulate your spouse for a damn play. Playing with your love and affections is horrible. He should ask for a few days off and go away by himself. At least it wasn't for real. But good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Make her feel this pain

My ending to the story would be he would sit there wait for the wife to come well he would be sitting on the couch so and the wife comes home this is what he would say you think this is funny are you stupid are you do you think I'm supposed to forgive you for this I almost had a heart attack God dammit I would never do anything like this to you you know how much this has hurt me I'm gonna quit my job fuck my boss now it's time for you to feel the pain I'm feeling right now once you feel the pain then you would understand maybe we might be able to work this out after you feel the pain I feel you still might not be able to but at least you would understand what I'm feeling!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Cunt!

What a turd that wife is!

He should walk out on the hurtful bitch!

If,"The Play's the Thing",he should exit stage right!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Marriages Are Destroyed By More Than Affairs

I see divorce in the future. The wife is guilty of a crime. Mental Cruelty. She could have caused him to have a heart attack or bodily damage to himself trying to smash the bedroom door open. If I am the husband, I would start divorce efforts that same afternoon. I would pack and move out and not tell her where I am heading. I would resign from my company and tell my boss I am naming her in my Alienation of Affection suit and tell her she knowingly contributed to the destruction of the marriage. And, last but not least, there would be NO FORGIVENESS for the wife's actions to deliberately hurt her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Nice

Needs more.

The wife was beyond cruel.

Did she do this to cover for really cheating?

He wasn't I voted to the actual play. Instead was tortured by the wife.

What husband would stay? And what court would let her have Custody?

BoomerbillBoomerbillalmost 7 years ago
Unforgivable torture

He should dump her for playing cruel mind games.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
dont come home

that is what i'd say into her computer....

IIt is NOT trivial to mess with a persons' perception of reality. Real or not, betrayal happens and some of us have had it up to "here" with getting walked on. I'd quit my job and start separation proceedings. Give it several months to see how she and her "boy toy" feel about their new life together.

Smokepole

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 7 years ago
Damn

The prank was too real. They cheated and they're playing it off as part of the play they wrote. I wouldn't be home when she got home.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
actually a great story

but if were me, i wouldn't laugh or be happy for her. I'd most likely pack and leave before she got home. It would answer her question about whether i believed the story was true. and if it was not true i'd consider it to be so cruel there's no way id stay with her. You just don't trifle with your marriage like this

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
WTF

I Would wait until the end of the day, then give her a huge slap. Then tell her that the slap was for the manipulation. And then tell her to sleep on the sofa in order to earn forgiveness.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
WTF PART 2

Since she was kind enough to rent a huge hammer, I'd use it on the tablet, and the speakers.without saying a word. As for the script, I'd use the barbecue grilf and also throw in the pieces of the speakers and tablet just to make sure the grill was hot enough to cook a few burgers or maybe a steak, depending on what was in the fridge of course. Naturally I'd make her fix the door by herself and get rid of the strange car at her own expense as well, but only after spray painting the words VERA'S NEW CAR all over it. As to whether or not I'd let her get a replacement tablet, a few weeks sleeping on the sofa and allowing me to give her some rough ass fucking every night for two months might convince me to consider it.

wagtoowagtooalmost 7 years ago
Needs a followup

Needs a followup, want to know his reaction, I know mine.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
NFWay

can you leave this unfinished!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Search for the sequel.

By georgeanderson.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I would not put up with her actions. Marriage can be lost so easily. I would have said by and left not to return.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Damn, just eat the bullet yourself, it would save us the torture of having any more of this drivel posted.

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago

He should pack his bags and leave. Leave her a letter telling he he is getting a divorce. Have her served and stay out of conmication except through the lawyers. Let her stew for a couple months and come crawling back to him. Then forgive her, drop the divorce and move on.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 6 years ago
hated it

I wish I could give this rubbish a minus star. One will do.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous