All Comments on 'Strange Car in the Driveway'

by edrider73

Sort by:
  • 650 Comments (Page 6)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Needs another chapter. What happened next?

Buster2UBuster2Ualmost 2 years ago

What a stupid heartless Bitch! The Writing was Very Good, the MC was a heartless Bitch! If this is how she treats the man she loves I would hate to be her hubby. I say grab his clothes, light a match and disappear forever! 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a stupid waste of time reading this shit was.

DyspneiicDyspneiicalmost 2 years ago

Sigh....there went 15 minutes of life I can't get back

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I gave it 4 out of 5 because it was written well enough to get my blood pressure near catastropic levels of anger toward the selfish heartless bitch of a wife. That's not fair to you as a writer because it was a near masterpiece but psychologically I can't give it a 5. No fucking class grade would be worth the pain Vera deliberately inflicted upon her husband (creating the very real CONVICTION she was fucking around--or about to) nor the lasting damage she deliberately did in trashing her marriage by doing so. I would never forgive the bitch. I might not divorce her ass because of the kids but anger toward her deliberate cruelty would eat away at me. No amount of "collegial/creativity comments" could negate the sadism of her clueless act.

She deliberately destroyed any love and trust he might have felt...because what would keep her from setting up a REAL affair the next time and going through with IT while CONNING him that "it was just another class project". Trust her? Fuck NO!

Kudos on writing skillfully and convincingly enough to engender this reaction...BUT GOD I HATE THIS STORY!

I'm sure my bile will boil enough from this to keep me awake all night from heartburn!

(I need to go take some antacid and read some humorous Saddletramp spoof to recover.)

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanalmost 2 years ago

I would spend the 15 minutes packing because she would be gone for good. But well written,

seriously, a part 2 would be awesome

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5 for innovation, good writing, etc.

- whatever for something so sick, so cruel so devastating, and a downer for someone looking for a bright read.

What kind of selfish brat would risk such a deep hurt to someone se had promised to love until death do us part.

"This is not a prank"? No it was worse. Larry an Kara were with her at the eatery, and even indirectly a part. Rip out a heart both by the set-up conversations and the recording and cut his friends out of his life? So sick!

Buster2UBuster2Ualmost 2 years ago

Selfish Bitch, NOT FUNNY!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a psycho bitch! Please add a sequel with the divorce.

peter944peter944almost 2 years ago

Ok yes was it different and innovative, but what a character you created in Vera. To do that to someone you claim to love is just amazing hurtful and tragic. I would lay money there’s going to be a lot of trouble in their future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I READ THIS STORY TONIGHT 8/17/22 BECAUSE OF THE LATER ONE THAT REFERS BACK TO THIS ONE. THIS STORY WAS GUT-WRENCHINGLY AWFUL. THERE'S NO POINT TO ANY OF THIS... SHE'S JUST EXTREMELY CRUEL AND SELFISH. I VOTE DIVORCE.

KaeyoKaeyoover 1 year ago

What an incredibly cruel thing to do to somebody you say you love. “But it’s just a play” doesn’t cut it. Most any man or woman would be hard pressed to ever trust their spouse again.

Well written but very disturbing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When he finds her, he should choke her...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This deserves to be rated 4+. The comments should push it there.

You created thought. My third grade edu helps.

LOVE. Slap-hapy-papy #9

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 1 year ago

I would divorce her just because of the "prank". Then BTB.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Wow - Recent post by another author brought me to this original. As others commented, very original but I can't make the leap that a person who loves you wold do this prank that isn't a prank. 4*

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

Great take, kissed me off at your character Vera, what a nut job.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Creative take on the strange car in the driveway.

Yes Vera was unbelievably cruel.

But, I doubt very many readers had a clue where this one was going.

UnassignedUnassignedover 1 year ago

Very, very interesting premise, and well written on top of that. 5*, easy.

.

My initial reaction is to tell my wife that this falls under the category of "things I would <probably> not forgive". Her intentional cruelty, just to get a good grade and feedback on her writing? How does someone worth loving, do that to someone that they profess to love? Second, I'd tell my boss that I could no longer work for someone who would support this in any way, and that I was going to immediately start looking for another job.

ibuguseribuguserover 1 year ago

I hate the wife but 5* for the wonderfully original story.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 1 year ago

Sounds OK as experimental story but it is more of a twilight zone stuff because it is so unrealistic. The kick is that normal woman would never ever tried something like that because the risk of damage to marriage would be too great. Now if you wanted to make this into a real affair then it would have been more interesting but you did not do that, you just left readers hanging. My guess is that story like this would not be appreciated as nobody wants to waste time reading half-cooked musings. I mean you don't really have any plot here other than relentless blather by female character.

OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasmover 1 year ago

This is innovative, creative, and something I haven't read before.

BECAUSE IT'S UTTER BULLSHIT! What the hell is wrong with that woman? If it wasn't for the kids, the dude should just pack his shit and leave.

And for what? So she can verify her insecurities about her damn stageplay!? If THAT'S the kind of crap he can expect from her, he should SERIOUSLY think about spending the rest of his life with her. And other people went along with it!?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

No way would I put up with this crap. No children I would be gone. Children never sleep with her again, never talk to her again. . See no way for this to end but devorice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Bullshit

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Original. Entertaining. Well-written. Nice twist at the end. Good literature. Thank you for writing it.

Ed

Hank60Hank60over 1 year ago

A work of art. Really impressive...I usually come to this site to satisfy some hunger for sensuous fantasy, never expecting the really well crafted shit. This story rocks. Well done and glasses all raised.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting twist, nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Trust but verify. I would take the story a face value. I would check with the professor, who is unlikely to lie for them. I would check with the wife. I would look into every communication method they could use.

Then I would activate various trackers on their movement. The story could be true. A plan activated after they had their fling. Or it could be the cruel joke it appears to be.

The question is, if simply a cruel joke, what can she do to make it up to him. Plus, since he believed the story erasing the impression that she is a cheater will be difficult.

BabalooieBabalooieover 1 year ago

I have mixed feelings. Don't know how I'd react. Well written. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Garbage

Talked but didn't communicate.

Pulling that shit normally toast but way he talked etc and failed to arrive at any point who cares!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Take the kids and throw the cunt out and beat the fuck out of Reg. If she wants drama, give it to her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Worse than garbage--it's a pile of pure fecal material (Since you are intellectually challenged, that means a pile of shit).

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, creative and well written. But I concur with many others, you would be crazy to stay with a person who can be this cruel to you just to get good grades at a amateur play-writing class, which counts for nothing in life. Love is in the action you take, not the words you say.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 1 year ago

That would hurt so much.....not sure I would ever get over it. This was incredibly well written and really stirred emotions as I thought about it. Thanks for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I find myself in a strange position.

This story was written very well, and the ending came as a complete surprise. For those reasons, from a literary merit viewpoint, the story "should" earn an excellent rating.

B-u-u-u-u-u-t-t-t-t! That wife is one PSYCHOTIC BITCH, and she deserves the Nuclear Option!

So, because of her character's lack of any redeeming value, and the fact that the story ended as it did, I thought it was horrible.

Which means that I will NOT give it an excellent rating! I appreciate your effort, which was very good, but I read and rate stories based on the enjoyment reading them gives me (not their literary merit). I can only give it 2-stars. Sorry, but that's the way it goes in my world.

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

Cheting fucking Bitch. Even if she isn't cheating she sure Looks like she wants to. Divorce Bitch for being so cold blooded and mean.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I both loved it and hated it... and gave it a 5.

It kinda goes with many of the April Fools stories but with a VERY devious twist.

Curious if anyone wrote another chapter...

EastCoaster

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Another excellent story, and I hated it! This falls into the practical jokes category but I can guarantee you I'd be filling for divorce. He hase a very sick wife

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wish I could give it a 4.5. No boss would get roped into this intentionally, especially her best manager. The guy is going get at the very least mentally out of it for awhile or very likely wind up in jail (anything from public intoxication to causing bodily harm). To me, the wife is showing flagrant disrespect to her husband at the least least. Just from wife's words alone, it is showing "reg" wanting to see the harm he is causing the husband (power trip for reg). Which also means he has no respect for their marriage and if he could have he would messed with wife for real. This is one of the cases where a StangStar06 exit stage left would apply (wipe out bank account and leave town). He needs time to think over if still can live with her or actually file for divorce.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 1 year ago

A very well-written story... about a truly deplorable person.

Sorry, but I really do not see how anyone could claim to love someone, yet treat him/her the way the MC's wife treated him here. This is as cruel an act as it can get without actually cheating on him.

Seriously don't see how the poor bastard could get over it... some marriage councillor would end up buying a new beach house having those two as clients!

'Guess it would be cheaper to keep her... but man, what a sad way to pointlessly hurt your marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story! Really makes you think! Scares me to death what I would do if I was him. But it would be violent to both the Cheaters at Dennys about 3 minutes later. I wrote about it but Literotica wouldn't publish it cuz it was too violent. Needles to say death from a sledge hammer would be very very messy in a Dennys! LOL

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

I think it's one of the horrible story I ever read. But I must give you credit for the strong emotions I feel.

5 stars for originality.

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

Sorry continued comment. even though I gave you 5 stars I don't want to read any other of your stories ever again.

This is just too crule.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

You need to finish the story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a horrible shit story Not sure what part 2 is BUT if my wife (if i had one) did this to me I would be gone in 10 minutes

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To hurt someone she supposedly loved like that, just to get a reaction... She might as well have cheated

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, lousy story, but depressing. After 15 years of marriage, I found out my husband was tapping some women at business conventions years ago. Whipping myself into shape got me thru my rage and one afternoon I eagerly went off with a young muscle head from the gym, the first of several.

davezqdavezqover 1 year ago

Realistic dialogue. Unexpected ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting. As a play concept. The reveal by setting him up to believe it real was academically unnecessary. Although, perhaps a breakthrough iteration for Lit LW. Still a cruel turn.

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzoneover 1 year ago

Great story, but damn, the wife is a heartless bitch. He needs to go on a rampage and then divorce her ass for mental anguish.

All writers want to invoke an emotional response and this one certainly does that

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Well written. Wife is crazy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

1* no real ending. Hubby is a complete LOSER if he stays married to this psycho CUNT. She IS cheating and laughs about what a clueless sissy her hubby is for buying all her BS. What she did was no joke. She really is a mental case. And his CUNT Boss (of course it's a woman boss that would go along with this crap) I would find a way to make her pay as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story well told, leaves you thinking - as evident by the huge number of comments. Clearly, severe consequences must follow. Is it forgivable? I think yes, but only after a lot of hard work to understand what brought this on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

that was really fuc up.....but it did get an AAAA i mean 5555s

that can't be all though, mrbill

kameljockeykameljockeyover 1 year ago

Can you please remove the hook from my mouth? Big 5.......

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hmm this was difficult for me to read, because realistically that's one of the absolute shittiest things you could do to your spouse and she did it for fun. Imagine emotionally manipulating your spouse for the memes. Rip.

At the same time, it was well written, it built decently well. I'd say overall it's a 3 because it doesn't have an ending but was enjoyable.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTover 1 year ago

I was shaking after I read it, and it took me a long time to digest my own reaction, then rate the story, and finally comment on it.

5* for absolutely THE worst thing a woman did to her man I ever read here.

The author HAS TO BE applauded for an all time low of an abominable hateful action by a woman against her man, tempered only by her manifest mental incompetence, the way I see it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was certainly different, if it were me I would be packed and gone before she got home with my ring on the recorder. Let her suffer through the beginnings of a divorce before laughing it off as a planned realistic play of his own.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That's fucked up.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanover 1 year ago

Bye bitch, not a fucking chance in hell

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

To me this play in itself is an act of Deception and is almost as bad as real affair. Gary could have had a heart attack because of the stress. Vera needs to be turned over Gary's knee and Spanked. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolutely disgusting story and if hubby goes back to her> he is more stupid as she is UTTER shit

sempergumby1963sempergumby1963over 1 year ago

The first words from Gary's mouth, "You broke my heart for a fucking grade?!" Vera just found out one of the unforgivable actions Gary won't forgive her for, as she knew how badly this would impact him.

Way to go, you got an A+ and a divorce. How did that work out for you?

sempergumby1963sempergumby1963over 1 year ago

As a follow on to my previous comment, gave it a 5, well written, and hated it.

I almost threw up my coffee at the end of it, and I still want to put a claymore up someone's ass and hit the clacker. So I guess you got an emotional hook into me but those aren't the emotions anyone would ever want to see me display.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not a chance in hell I’d forgive that stunt. She intentionally hurt me for a grade? And now she wants to go out for pizza? I’d sooner throw the pizza in her face or shove it up her ass. Welcome to the rest of your life as a single parent. I told her there were certain things I would never forgive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Let’s have a drinking game called: “How many lawsuits resulted?”

First, obviously, he files for divorce on the charge of cruelty.

Next, he sues the other guy for whatever his state allows: intentional infliction of emotional distress, etc.

Then the professor, and the school. I’m sure a decent attorney can find a few options here to jack up the dollar amount.

Finally, his employer. Hoo boy, is this on a doozy. I know a couple of labor lawyers that would give their left nut for a case like this.

The best part is, he has a recorded confession!!! No settlements, no NDAs, take each suit to court, and play it for the judge and jury!

Can anyone think of any more suits? Are there criminal charges possible?!?

Even by the standards of this site, this is one of the most stupid women I’ve read about.

ZK

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayover 1 year ago

"You have written many times when accused of not writing endings to many of your stories " I want you to imagine your own ending" = Lazy writing. Your readers are reading for a good story, not to use their own imagination for completion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

to quote anoter anonymous:

"Let’s have a drinking game called: “How many lawsuits resulted?”

First, obviously, he files for divorce on the charge of cruelty.

Next, he sues the other guy for whatever his state allows: intentional infliction of emotional distress, etc.

Then the professor, and the school. I’m sure a decent attorney can find a few options here to jack up the dollar amount.

Finally, his employer. Hoo boy, is this on a doozy. I know a couple of labor lawyers that would give their left nut for a case like this.

The best part is, he has a recorded confession!!! No settlements, no NDAs, take each suit to court, and play it for the judge and jury!"

Even by the standards of this site, this is one of the most stupid women I’ve read about.

and by ZippityDoDaDay

I want you to imagine your own ending" = Lazy writing

that probably sums it up quite well

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry, all you stiff shirts, I thought the story was great fun. He said early on that they liked to play pranks on each other. Well, this seems like the ultimate prank.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I know I've read this before, and I think I even commented on it. I've also read the alternate ending, that I thought had a better result, as it tied up some loose ends like where did his gun go? I only Mention it, as that's a felony "to steal a hand gun in some states." That alone will get you some serious jail time. Myself, I'd divorce the bitch. Forgiveness or not, TRUST is gone between them.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerover 1 year ago

I like the story because of its novelty and how it might progress and because it got me in the gut. I doubt I could handle this level of subterfuge and that's why I gave it four stars. I look forward to more of your work. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

2 star dislike. Not for the quality of the writing or the plot building but for the sheer arty arrogance behind the wife's actions. The same old personal angst trip that so many weird arty types have that "I and others must suffer" if my art is any good.

Since she was supposed to be writing a play that her instructor (ess, of course) would find believable did it not occur to her that her husband could easily believe she had played this out for real? What if he'd decided NOT to read the letter BEFORE doing something real serious? His gun being hidden only ruled out one method.

At the very least he should have taken off for a few days to let her sweat. Taken the letter with him so she would have no idea if he'd read it and then left her a note implying that he hadn't read the letter and once he found a replacement gun he just might be looking for her and her friend Reg. Let's see how she would art-talk her way out of that unintended consequence of an incredibly stupid stunt.

norcal62norcal62over 1 year ago

You built up the place of honesty in the first place, and then you forget about it. The deception with hubby was unnecessary and created an unpleasant story.

StubbyoneStubbyoneover 1 year ago

Just incredible writing ! 2nd time reading, but I’d forgotten the ending. Fellow readers, it’s FICTION !! It’s a story, designed to entertain. No one got hurt. No one was lied to. It didn’t happen in real life. Thanks for sharing what’s in your very fertile mind. 5-😊😊😊😊😊

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66over 1 year ago

The author has the wife write a letter in which she reveals the outcome of an event that has yet to happen. There is no point to the wife's actions, why would she do this? To anger her husband? To ruin her marriage? This story is nonsensical. Zero stars, were that possible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stubbyone nnnnnnnNO it is not fiction! how old are you? ten? there is nothing new under the sun, no this story is based on real life event

HighBrowHighBrowover 1 year ago

Different, but her motivation is incomprehensible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Creative premise. But her setup to evoke a genuine response of her work from her husband wad harsh. He will get over this...eventually. But the fact she would set this up suggests she has some mental issues. At the very least they need counseling and he needs to understand why she would manipulate into such a position of pain and anger (even if for 15 minutes), so as to see how he woukd react and how he would react to her play. Creative but troublesome. While it is consistent that she would never do something unforgivable to him (i.e. cheat), she was experimenting with hurtling him with something that would require his forgiveness. That is not a good basis for a marriage, let alone a strong one. Be careful what you wish for ...

DevonadrianDevonadrianover 1 year ago

The story Seems a bit contrived. But the writing is top notch..

Jlyn1Jlyn1over 1 year ago

Hate the ending.Wanted their face to face reaction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a waste of reading. Dead end!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I would leave her!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

To play with someone's emotion and think of it like it's no big deal, it's like classic bully mentality,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The whole story and conversations were so farcical that the dead end ending was the only appropriate ending... what a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

another chapter would help!

James G 5James G 5about 1 year ago

No respect. Mental abuse & torture. Divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The entire thing sucks. Playing with her husband's mind in thinking she's having an affair, getting his boss to let him go home earlier than normal - what boss does this?- all for the ability to get a good grade at script writing? Having him think that she's betraying him is so bad that I'd say it's emotional cheating in it's own way. She said she'd never hurt him, but fuck! what the hell did she think she's doing? And if he has some brainpower, he should wonder if this wasn't a play off a real thing.

--- She's making him wait 15 minutes before going home, giving him time to either calm down or her seeing his reaction. Download the play, pack some clothes & when she returns home, tell her that was overly cruel, then take his luggage & walk out, without responding to any of her pleas. "You can do this to me, I'm not sure you're NOT cheating on me outright. Otherwise, you would've told me not only the play but let me read the script ahead of time, even though I'd still have some big doubts & questions.

--- There should've been a continuation, on what DID happen upon her return & the after effects. Also, including what he told his boss the following day at work. 3 stars- well written & played out overall, even tho I hated what happened. Bob

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

Oh what an odd one, it’s all about mindset, and not very nice how it happens.

I can see that you put work into it but sorry I didn’t like how it felt to read it, it sort of turned my stomach really. Funny how reading can get into your head

B3ndoverB3ndoverabout 1 year ago

Nope! I didn’t like this at all. Divorce, divorce divorse

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

As another writer on this site, I say, "Congratulations for a compelling story; imaginative as hell." Keep writing, and you'll always have one reader, at the very least.

Look, folks, it's fiction. No one was hurt, and the wife was honest about everything, and she got what she needed; an honest appraisal of her work.

Write more.

Anon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Like another it's mindset and you tortured him. Mentally and emotionally.

Divorce only possible outcome

orion2bear2orion2bear2about 1 year ago

No it is divorce time wife humiliated him you are supposed to be partners and she didn't have his back

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another stupid self-centered arrogant female, not worthy of the term wife.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous