Testing Grounds Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Trisha walked to Rex and Umbra came from the shadows to stand beside his brother. She stood, facing the pair of them. Finally, Rex came to her. The large male butted his head against her leg and then walked around her to sit where he'd started. Umbra stood and followed the same ritual. He was smaller than Rex but more sleek and younger. Trisha went to her hands and knees before the two male wolves. She walked to them on all fours and they all rubbed furry cheeks in greeting, chuffing as they said hello.

Standing, the young woman looked to the distance and her gold eyes spotted the towering skyscrapers of the city. Do I go back? I'll need to change if I do. Can I fit in anymore? She looked down. Rex and Umbra sat at either side of her. Waiting. Trisha turned the possibilities over in her mind until, finally, a decision was made.

-----

Inside the house, Allie answered an incoming voice-only call. "Good afternoon. This is Dr. Campbell's artificial intelligence, Allie. I am in offline mode and, thus, my capabilities are limited at the moment."

"Hello," the caller said. "Is Dr. Campbell there?"

"In offline mode, I have no access to my sensors or other resources. However, if I have answered the call then it leads me to believe that Dr. Campbell is unavailable. Shall I take a message for him?"

The caller paused. Finally, "Yes. This is Dr. Martinez at Madigan, returning his call. I've been in touch with Dr. Campbell about his project. He's promised me an in-person demonstration and I will definitely be there on Friday per his invitation."

"Yes, Dr. Martinez. I will notify Dr. Campbell as soon as he checks in. Have a pleasant day, sir."

The call disconnected and Allie slept. And, so, when the small bio-electric tags within Rex and Umbra passed the boundary of the property, nobody was watching.