The Coming of the Spell Caster

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Estcher
Estcher
1,768 Followers

Daniel froze. He hadn't considered that the King would investigate the cinch bugs. How would he explain his fields being clear?

Bill must've sensed his fear. He tutted. "Don't worry none. Will keep you out it as best we can. Not your fault. Listen, I saw you speaking to my daughter. Everything all right?"

Daniel didn't know how to respond to the question and just stared back at Bill.

Bill chuckled. "It's all right, Daniel. She's a right bitch. I know that. She stirs up trouble wherever she can. She needs a strong man to straighten her out, I think. Make her see the stupidity of her ways. She causes nothing but harm, and I have to deal with the fallout every damn day. I blame her mother. She's plants all those stupid notions in her head. Thinks we're rich." Bill pointed at the credit folder. "Truth is, all those credit notes are going to kill me. Wipe me out. Don't say anything to anyone. Not sure why I even told you."

"Your secret's safe with me, Bill."

"Aye, I knew it would be. You're a trustworthy sort. Not like the rest of em." Bill paused a moment. "Anything else, Daniel?"

"No, sir. I'm good."

Bill counted out some coppers and handed them to Daniel. "Your change."

"Thanks."

Daniel turned to leave with his clothes over his arm. Amy called out to him.

"Leaving so soon, farmer boy?" She came up to him and plucked a shirt off his arm. "Plaid. How appropriate. Off you go! Go back to your farm while you still have one."

Daniel looked at the pleasure she held in her eyes, ridiculing him, and he bit his tongue when he saw Bill shaking his head. He grabbed his shirt back, turned, and moved toward the door.

"I would love to see you try to get in the town restaurant wearing those! Mommy and I will be there this evening and we better not see you!"

Daniel froze for a moment and then continued.

Bill coughed. "What's that, hon? You and mother going out to dinner again?"

"Yes, daddy. Of course. We go every Friday night. You know that."

Daniel left the shop and smiled. Tonight, I will charm that bitch.

That night, Daniel returned to the town. He wore some of the clothes Eric had owned. He suspected they were slumming clothes for Eric, but for him they were very fine. And they fit more or less. He had bathed and soaped and even put on a little cologne he had found in the magic bag. He strode into town and ignored the stares from the town's folk.

He had checked which time the restaurant opened, and he was early. He wanted to be inside when Amy arrived. He couldn't wait to see the expression on her face. He waited outside and when the front door unlocked; he went inside.

The man just inside the door turned when he entered. He looked confused and looked Daniel up and down. After passing some test, the man spoke. "Yes, sir. Can I help you?"

"Yes, I would like a table, please."

"Ah, we've only just opened. Guests normally don't arrive for another hour. Can I suggest you return then?"

Daniel felt heat rise to his cheeks. "Oh, um. Sure, sorry. I saw you open the door and thought you were open."

"Yes, sir. We are open. We just don't receive guests for another hour. It takes time to start the prep in the kitchen and have our meals prepared just right. Can I suggest the tavern across the street?"

Daniel got the hint and was about to retreat. Instead, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a gold coin. "How about you seat me, pour me a cold glass of your finest ale, and let me sit here for an hour until you are ready?"

The man stared at the coin in some surprise. An expression crossed his face that Daniel couldn't read, and the man removed the coin with skill and pocketed it. "Of course, sir. My apologies. Follow me, please."

Daniel followed the man until he led him into a secluded area of the restaurant. He had a window overlooking the street outside and the approach to the restaurant. He knew the man was putting him in the back intentionally, but this seat served him well. The man pulled the seat out and held it for Daniel.

Daniel sat and looked up at the man. "This is perfect."

The man nodded and started to walk away.

"One moment. I am expecting two other people this evening. Mrs Eva and her daughter, Amy. When they arrive, please give them an expensive bottle of wine. When they ask from who, please tell Amy it is from Daniel Davies."

The man paused and raised an eyebrow at Daniel.

"Oh, sorry. One second." Daniel reached into his pocket and pulled out four silver coins and pressed them into the man's hand.

The man smiled with what appeared to be a genuine smile. "Of course, sir. Amy, you say?"

"Yes, do you know her?"

"Yes, everyone knows her here. If I may inquire, what is the nature of your evening?"

Daniel hesitated to reveal what he had planned, but he sensed a potential ally. He smiled slyly up at the man. "Let's just say that I want to make this an evening that Amy will never forget."

The man chuckled and touched the side of his nose. "My pleasure then, sir. That was one of our finest ales, chilled?"

"Yes, please... ah, I'm sorry, I don't know your name."

"Peter, sir. It will be my pleasure to serve you this evening. I shan't be long."

Daniel settled in for the wait. Peter brought him a large glass of the best ale he had ever tasted. As soon as he had finished it, another had appeared. Soon the restaurant began to fill. Guests arrived and were seated professionally, and the dull sound of conversation filled the restaurant. Peter was joined by another waiter, but Peter remained waiting on Daniel.

Peter soon arrived with a menu selection. Daniel was shocked at the prices but hid it from his face. He picked a selection and Peter leaned in and suggested something else, at a slightly cheaper price, but with better taste. Daniel nodded and absently tore at the bread rolls placed before him.

Daniel's food had just arrived when Peter looked around the corner and caught his eye. He nodded to Daniel and disappeared. In moments, the abrasive voice of Amy stopped conversation in the restaurant.

"What do you mean our regular table is not available? That is outrageous! I demand we sit at our regular table at once."

Daniel couldn't hear the other side of the conversation.

"I don't care that they are already eating. Move them!"

"..."

"No mother, I will not behave. We've been coming here every Friday night for months. They know we want that table. Giving it to someone else is not an accident. They are slighting us. You are slighting us, aren't you, Peter? I know the owner, you know. I can have you dismissed."

"..."

"What? Mother, that is not fair, and you know it."

"..."

"Very well, this once. I'll allow it. Peter, show us to our new table."

In moments, Peter led Mrs Albright and Amy around the corner and into the main dining room. Amy smiled and waved at people as if she hadn't just had a public meltdown. There was a splash of colour in her cheeks and Daniel thought it made her look nicer.

Amy paused at a central table and glared at the occupants. "And who might you two be?"

Mrs Evan standing behind Amy froze. "Amy!"

Amy ignored her and glared at the male sitting at the table. He rose with uncertainty and bowed slightly to Amy. "I'm a trader from the city, young miss. I trust this is your regular table my wife and I are sitting at?"

"You are indeed. Such cheek."

"And who might you be?" asked the man politely. Daniel admired his spine.

"I am the daughter of the merchant who owns the Trading Post, I'll have you know!"

The man just nodded and sat down. "I see. Is that all? Please excuse my wife and I, we are having a most memorable meal in this small town. Not expected this far from the city."

Amy drew in a breath to say something more when her mother grabbed her upper arm and squeezed it tightly and hissed in her daughter's ear loud enough that everyone heard. "Shut your mouth, Amy. This is the man your father is meeting on the morrow. Now apologise and move along."

"I will not," huffed Amy and tore her arm away and moved over to the table Peter was waiting patiently beside. She disappeared behind a corner and was lost to Daniel's view.

Mrs Albright looked embarrassed. She looked quickly around at the staring faces and leaned into the man in front of her. "I'm so sorry, sir. My daughter can be a handful at times. We meant no disrespect."

The man glared up at her and said nothing. He then ignored her and started speaking with his wife. A look of worry crossed Mrs Albright's face, and she hurried past to join her daughter.

For a time, the restaurant returned to normal. Conversation picked up and Amy was soon forgotten. Daniel picked at his meal, nervous and excited. He kept watch and then spied Peter appearing with a bottle of fine wine, wrapped in a satin cloth. He approached the table of Amy and Mrs Albright and presented the bottle. A loud squeal came from Amy that quietened the restaurant once more.

"And tell me, who is gifting us with this marvellous vintage?"

Daniel could see Peter murmur something and then gesture toward the table Daniel was seated at.

"WHAT!? That's not possible! Daniel is a poor farm boy, not worth the dirt he toils in. You are being had!"

Peter smiled and said something else.

"WHAT!? It's already paid for? Where is he?"

Peter motioned again to Daniel's table.

There was the sound of a clatter and a chair being violently pushed back. Amy stepped out from the corner. Her face was full of rage, and she spied Daniel. She strode quickly toward him and raised a hand to slap him. Daniel let the blow land. The stinging retort was loud in the silence of the restaurant. Daniel could see Mrs Albright appear with her hand over her mouth in shock.

"GET OUT!" screamed Amy. "Get out of my restaurant!"

Daniel refused to touch his face. He could feel the sting of the slap. His face pulsed with it. He forced a smile to his face and carefully cut a piece of chicken and placed it in his mouth and chewed slowly.

Amy was breathing deeply, her chest rising and falling in rapid succession. Daniel appreciated the sight. It made her breasts move so lovely.

"No. I don't think I will. You see, I am enjoying this meal. And the ale. I was hoping you could enjoy some wine. Instead, you slap me, for no reason, humiliate me, for no reason. And you have reason to disparage my chosen occupation. I think perhaps it is you who should leave. You've made quite a scene." Daniel motioned behind her.

Amy looked back and saw the same man she had insulted earlier speaking to someone else. Amy opened her mouth and then closed it. She watched her mother rush out of the restaurant in tears. The new man slowly walked over, stopping at each table, and whispering a few words. He stopped beside Amy and looked at her once before turning to Daniel.

"Sir, I am so sorry for any inconvenience this evening. I am the owner of this fine dining establishment. Peter, my nephew, has spoken very highly of you and assures me of your quality. Please, if you may, allow me to cover your expenses this evening. This has been most unseemly."

Daniel hesitated and then nodded, enjoying the expressions crossing Amy's face. "That would be very much appreciated, sir. I would say this is not your fault or your doing. You are being very generous."

The owner smiled and then turned to Amy. "Miss, if you please, I suggest you follow your mother home. She is quite distraught. She's been through a horrible ordeal this evening. If I can show you the way to the door."

Amy looked ready to explode, but wisely shut her mouth and allowed herself to be escorted to the door. The moment the door closed, the restaurant broke into cheers and laughter. Daniel looking out on the street saw Amy turn back to the door at the sound and then break into tears and run off down the street.

Peter dropped a cold glass of ale in front of Daniel. "Here you go, sir. On the house by order of my uncle, not that I needed an order. It's been my pleasure to serve you this evening."

Daniel smiled and finally reached up to touch the slap mark.

"If I may say, that's quite the mark."

"A small price to pay."

"Indeed, sir. When you finish your beer, my uncle and the other man who was accosted by Amy? They would like a moment of your time in the private room. Enjoy your beer first, though. They need a moment to speak."

Daniel looked confused and then nodded.

Peter sauntered away, and Daniel saw that the patrons of the restaurant were smiling over at him. A few raised their glasses to him. Daniel smiled. The first part of his plan had worked better than he imagined.

Daniel finished his beer, and Peter brought him over to the private room. As he entered the room, two men sitting in large recliners rose and moved toward him.

The owner reached him first and shook his hand. "Ah, Daniel, so good of you to agree to meet. My name is Mark Marshall, the owner of this restaurant and several others in the realm. Let me introduce you to my companion, Kevin Kelly. He's a merchant and runs several trade runs along the major arteries of the realm. We've been friends and partners for many years now. How long now, Kevin?"

Kevin joined them and shook Daniel's hand. "About twenty years, give or take. Pleasure to meet you, Daniel."

Daniel smiled at them and looked between them. "Thank for inviting me back here. I don't understand why, though."

The men chuckled and indicated the seats. They each took one around a small table. Peter entered and placed another cold ale in front of Daniel and left, closing the door behind him. They each then picked up their glasses and raised them for a toast.

Mark scooted forward in his seat. "It's not often we have such excitement in the restaurant. Peter let me know what was happening before the Albrights showed up. I let Kevin in on it and we agreed to seat him at the Albright's usual table. Thought it might stir things up a bit."

Daniel was not following the conversation. "I don't understand..."

"No, it's all right. We don't expect you to. When we heard what you had in mind for Amy, we saw it as an opportunity to influence the family. Bill Albright has a hold on the trade going through Acron. It may seem like a small town, but the amount of goods travelling through his store is staggering. His monopoly is hurting our bottom line. We needed leverage. Now we have it."

"I see," said Daniel slowly. "And the blame goes to me, and not to you."

The men exchanged a glance. Kevin spoke first. "Exactly. I hope you don't mind?"

Daniel thought for a moment. "No. I had my own agenda. Blame for this evening was always going to fall on me. I do have one request though."

Mark looked surprised but nodded. "Go ahead."

"There is a plague of cinch bugs in the region. Word is the King is sending an investigative team to look into it. I suspect the poison we were provided is nothing but snake oil. Problem is, I managed to rid my land of the pests. It won't look good, and I'm worried I will come under scrutiny, or the farmers lose a pardon for taxes."

The men sat back and contemplated what Daniel had just told them. Kevin took a drink of his brandy and nodded. "I don't see why not? I'm confused though. You aren't dressed as a farmer and yet you say you are one. And pardon my ignorance, you don't sound like a farmer."

Daniel was uncomfortable. "I wasn't always one. It was my choice to try it. I've been here for seven years."

"I see," said Kevin. "And where were you before that, if I may ask?"

Daniel could see no harm in answering truthfully. "My parents were killed in an orc raid near the Wilds."

"Seven years ago? What did your parents do there?"

"They ran an apothecary manufacturing plant. My parents were both accomplished herbalists, and they set up shop to reduce costs. They paid for it with their lives."

Kevin looked uncomfortable. Mark looked at him in curiosity. "And your name?"

"Davies. Daniel Davies."

Kevin stood. "I see. Well, it's been a pleasure. I'll see what I can do about the investigators. They owe me some favours. It's late and I've left my wife alone for far too long. If you will excuse me? Mark, always a pleasure. Your food was exquisite this evening. It was a pleasure meeting you, Daniel."

Kevin rushed out of the room, leaving Daniel sitting with Mark. Mark was looking at the door Kevin had just left from before, remembering he had a guest. "So sorry, Daniel. Sorry to hear of your loss. Peter tells me you dropped quite a bit of coin this evening for this joke of yours. And you insist you are nothing but a simple farmer."

Daniel felt uncomfortable. His wealth from Eric had to remain hidden. He feared he may have already exposed himself too much. "My parents had money. I had it squirrelled away for an emergency."

Mark smiled. "And you deemed this an emergency?"

"Yes. I'm not quite done yet."

"Pray tell? What do you have planned next?"

"Truthfully? I plan on bedding her."

Mark raised his eyebrows. "Do you now? You certainly have a high opinion about your chances. I would be interested to hear from you if you are successful. Come back and let me know. The meal will be on me, in exchange for the story."

Daniel nodded and finished his beer and placed the glass down.

Mark rose, and Daniel took the cue. They shook hands.

"Allow me to see you to the door, young man. This has been a most entertaining and prosperous evening. I'm glad we've met."

Mark walked Daniel to the entrance and made a show of shaking his hand, smiling, and asking him to come back soon.

Daniel left and headed straight for the inn, smiling.

Chapter Four

DANIEL HAD MADE it known he was staying in town in a room above the tavern. He waited patiently in his room for Amy to appear as he knew she would. She would never be able to allow her humiliation to go unpunished. Daniel knew the town would soon be buzzing with the gossip. He nursed ales in the tavern and talked for a long time with the bartender, learning all sorts of information about the people in town. Amy, with no surprise, was intensely disliked by everyone in town. With her dad running the only trading store in town, and with so many people in debt to Bill Albright, she was untouchable. Daniel had been the only person with the balls to stand up to her.

Later that evening he lay back on his bed under a single sheet. He had used his latest spell to clear the room of bed bugs and lay with a raging hard on as a result. He had imagined fucking Amy, and it had given him enough focus to finish the task.

Thoughts of fucking her had him excited beyond measure. She wasn't Grace, but she was a great replacement. He lay in bed occasionally stroking his cock to keep his sexual energy as high as he was able. Edging was becoming his new favourite thing to do. When he finally allowed himself to cum, it was so powerful. And addictive.

He heard a creak outside his door and smiled. He watched as the door cracked open and an eye peered in. It looked right at him and then the door swung open, revealing Amy standing in the doorway, her chest heaving. She glared at him.

"YOU!" she hissed. "You have ruined me! Ruined me! I'm the talk of the town thanks to you!" She stepped into the room and closed the door.

"Thanks to me? I did nothing. You brought this all on yourself."

"I did nothing of the sort. You pretended to be somebody you're not. You fooled the restaurant, but not me. You are a charlatan! I'll expose you for what you are!"

Estcher
Estcher
1,768 Followers