The Coming of the Spell Caster

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Estcher
Estcher
1,757 Followers

"I am Grace de Moroingi. Do I need to repeat myself?"

The man took two steps away from her and held a hand to his chest. "Madame de Moroingi! I'm so sorry! Please excuse my behaviour. My eyesight is not so good these days."

Grace glared at the man. "Contact Quinten right now."

The man deflated and hurried into his office.

Grace walked back and looked at the worried faces of her friends. "No worries. We'll get this straightened out. Best if Quinten handles this himself, anyway. Fuck nuts there is about to lose his job. So that's a positive."

"Lose his job?" asked Jasmine.

"Yeah, he has one thing to do. Register candidates. He refused to. Fuck him."

Daniel cleared his throat. "Grace de More-in-yah?"

"Moroingi. Pronounced More-In-Yay. My family name." She refused to acknowledge his smirk.

"Are you important, Grace?" asked Amy quietly.

"Hmm. Debatable. Quinten should be here any second."

The sound of the entrance door slamming open reverberated through the open entryway. Loud footsteps of metal on stone echoed toward them. Striding toward them was a man in gleaming white plate mail. Light seemed to shine from him. He strode directly at Grace, with a smile beaming across his face.

"Grace! You're back!"

He wrapped her in a massive hug. Daniel could see a gleaming sword slung on his back. Emblems covered his armour. He recognised the one central to his chest. It was one of the human gods and a prominent one.

Grace punched the man high in the shoulder. It made a loud clang sound. "Let go of me, you oaf."

Quinten let go and beamed at her. "It's been too long. How'd it go?"

"I have it."

Quinten beamed. "I knew you could do it! None better. The King will be pleased."

"I sure hope so. Last time he didn't seem so happy with me."

"Ah, but now all will be forgiven."

"Gods, Quinten, you pally types are too much about forgiveness."

"Nonsense," the paladin said, and finally deemed to take notice of the four others and turned to them. "Who do we have here?"

"Quinten, I would like to introduce you to four of your new candidates, from right to left, Jasmine, Daniel, Amy, and Amber."

Quinten beamed at them. "My pleasure. Welcome to the school. I hope your testing is successful."

"About that. First off, your asshat of a bureaucrat, trying to hide in his office over there, refused to register my friends. And I asked nicely, Quinten. I really did."

Quinten frowned, and he beckoned the man over. "Johnson, is this true?"

"I asked them to come back tomorrow, sir."

"Why? It's only two in the afternoon."

"Well, I... I was busy with paperwork, you see..."

"You know I can tell when people lie to me, Johnson. You're fired. Pack your things, you have thirty minutes to leave the district. Go."

"But sir!"

"Go." Quinten's tone was final.

The man looked at Quinten for a long moment and then fled.

"There that's taken care of."

Daniel spoke. "That seemed overly harsh. How long has the man worked here?"

Quinten looked surprised at Daniel speaking. "Um, about twenty years, I suspect."

"And you just fired him over one mistake?"

"No. I fired him because he lied to me. Never lie to a paladin, son."

"I'm not your son. And who cares if you lie to a paladin?"

"God does."

"Which god?"

"THE God." The lights dimmed in the hallway like the sun had been obscured by clouds. The light surrounding Quinten seemed to brighten.

Grace grabbed Daniel's arm. "Shut up, now."

Daniel opened his mouth.

"Now, you stupid fuck!" hissed Grace.

Quinten looked annoyed. "Grace, who is this fellow?" The light in the hallway returned to normal. So did Quinten. Daniel felt oddly unimpressed.

"Probably the strongest spell caster the realm has ever known."

"Seriously?"

"Did I lie to you?"

"Well, no."

"Then you really need to stop saying 'seriously'. The others, and Quinten don't react until I've finished explaining this, the others are a circle of hedge witches."

Quinten gasped and stepped back.

"Quinten! Focus! They are good witches. Just hedge witches. They formed a circle naturally."

Quinten seemed to relax and took several breaths. "You don't lie. Okay. Okay. Hedge witches. We haven't had any witches pass through in a long time."

"Probably because people keep killing them."

"Ah, well, yes. You can't trust a witch, they say. Ha-ha! Never suffer one to live! Ha!"

The girls moved closer to Daniel and stared at Quinten.

"There's more. They are already bonded with Daniel here."

"Oh, dear me. Really?"

"You can add 'really' to 'seriously'. Now you know why my friends here need to be in the same room. And they need to train together. I need this set up right fucking now so I can go see the fucking King."

"Language, my dear."

"Yeah, well. He blames me for something I didn't do. So—plug your ears, Quinten—fuck him. I need you to take care of this personally. If you do it, others won't question it. This is really important, Quinten. I know it."

Quinten looked long and hard at Grace. "You know it?"

"Yes, just like those other things."

Quinten paled. "Done."

Grace came up to each of them in turn and kissed them deeply. Daniel could see Quinten looking away and blushing. "Be safe, my friends. Don't trust anyone. I mean it. No one. Stay together. Fight together. I'll be back when I can to check up on you, okay?"

Daniel held the back of her head and kissed her once more. "Who are you really, Grace, to order a paladin about?"

Grace flashed a wicked smile and walked away, her hips sashaying with emphasis. Daniel and the girls watched her perfect ass in awe until the doors closed behind her.

Quinten cleared his throat and Daniel and the girls focused on him.

"Let's start again, shall we? You are friends with Grace, clearly. That carries weight with me and anyone else who knows Grace, and yet still likes her. And that means I will take a direct interest in your training. Welcome to the Academy. You're training starts now."

The End of Book One

Copyright © 2020 Lana Ocean. All rights reserved.

Daniel Davies will return in:

The Schooling of the Spell Caster

Book Two of the Spell Casters Series

Author's Closing Comments:

Lana here at the end of Book One. I sure hope you enjoyed this fantastical, over-the-top, romp. This was a lot of fun for me to write last year (2021).

As always, thanks for reading my material. If anything, I hope it helped you escape the harshness of reality and get through this crazy pandemic a little easier! Nothing better than a separation from reality with a little eroticism to pave the way with bliss and serenity. I'm talking about post-orgasmic bliss.

Please leave a comment and score the story!

Lana Ocean

Canada

November 2022

Update to Closing Comments:

I have published Book Two to Literotica on November 4, 2022 and placed it in the correct category (Sci-Fi & Fantasy). This first novel has now had the chapters combined into a proper novel, and recategorized as Sci-Fi & Fantasy vice Novels & Novellas. I apologise for this, and the likely loss of prior comments.

Ratings per chapter were as follows for posterity (favourites, views, rating, comments):

Ch 1 - 41, 18.3k, 4.72/649, 15

Ch 2 - 14, 9.2k, 4.73/490, 7

Ch 3 - 12, 7.7l, 4.76/503, 12

Ch 4 - 8, 7.4k, 4.77/449, 6

Ch 5 - 10, 6.8k, 4.77/444, 7

Ch 6 - 12, 6.9k, 4.81/421, 6

Ch 7 - 7, 6.5k, 4.78/391, 1

Ch 8 - 13, 6.5k, 4.8/382, 5

Ch 9 - 6, 6k, 4.79/358, 3

Ch 10 - 10, 5.7k, 4.87/399, 9

Ch 11 - 23, 7k, 4.88/397, 46

Estcher
Estcher
1,757 Followers