The Galinean Saga: Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Is that necessary?" Blake complained.

"Yes," she replied as she continued her work. Blake became frustrated when his cock betrayed him again and started to grow as she was handling it. He was ready for this humiliating exercise to be over with.

Lallanna strapped a pair of strange goggles over her eyes and leaned forward to study the globe at the top of the contraption. It began to brighten with a strong steady pulse.

"Impressive," she observed. "He has strong vitals", she then gave a hint of a smile, "and a very strong libido."

Blake was unhooked from the machine and was led to a chamber where his athletic ability would be tested. He was glad that Lallanna finally gave him something to wear, although it wasn't much at all. She handed him a thin strip of silk to gird his loins. It resembled a narrow, flimsy scarf. The only reason she gave him anything to wear was to keep his genitalia contained during the strenuous athletic tests.

Blake wrapped the silky cloth around his waist and was at a loss. "What the hell am I supposed to do with this?" he asked in his own language.

"Here, let me show you." Lallanna wrapped the cloth around the lower part of his hips, fed it under his crotch, and looped it in the back. She gave it a firm tug. Blake felt his cock and balls snugly contained while the material rode tightly up his ass. She then provided him with a pair of boots that were designed for athletics. They laced midway up his calf.

The scientists put him through a series of stress tests until his whole body was glistening with sweat. He scored exceptional numbers on the running and weight-lifting tests. They were really astonished at his long jump reading and made him do it again to make sure that the first attempt wasn't a misreading. Blake was athletic by nature, but he wasn't sure why his readings were so exceptional. He even felt more powerful than usual when he attempted their tests. He guessed that it must have something to do with a slightly different gravitational field on this world.

He was then led to another room where he was asked to sit. He soon learned that this was an interrogation. For the first time, Lallanna was not running the show. Krahl took over and started interrogating him. He wanted to know exactly who Blake was, where he came from, and what his purpose was here. Blake could tell that Krahl was very suspicious of him. By now, Blake had interacted with them enough to where communication wasn't so broken.

Blake paused before answering the questions. He had no idea where he was, so he might as well tell the truth.

"Alright. My name is Blake Ransom and I'm the professor of archaeological studies at a college in New Mexico."

"What is New Mexico?" Krahl demanded.

"It's my place of birth."

Krahl turned to his male colleague with a questioning glance. His colleague spent several minutes thumbing through a book and then shook his head.

Krahl turned back to Blake, giving him an even more suspicious look. "Do you want to try again?"

Blake replied with a flat, angry, and deliberate tone, "I'm telling you, I'm from the state of New Mexico in the United States of America. It's a country."

Krahl narrowed his eyes, "Could it be that you're actually from one of the dark cities?"

"Krahl!" Lallanna interjected. "Don't."

Krahl closed his eyes and calmed himself. "You do realize I outrank you, Lallanna. You are number 17. I hold the 15th position in the council."

"Look, I'm going to tell you everything I know," Blake interjected. "Then we can figure this out from there."

He spent the next couple of hours telling them about life on his planet. He could only assume that he was on a completely different world, but he couldn't explain how. He told the story of his search for Atlantis, the strange, glowing symbols, and the flash of blue light that somehow brought him here. He ended his dialogue with a plea to these people to help him find his way back home.

Lallanna spoke up after a long moment of silence. "We must evaluate everything you've said, Blake-Ransom." She said his name as if it was one word. "Please give us some time and we will return. We will need you to wait here."

Blake sat in the interrogation room, impatiently drumming his fingers on the table for several minutes. He then got up and started pacing the room. He was really annoyed that he was still naked except for the thin strip of material that rode firmly up his ass. After what seemed like an eternity he finally tried to open the door to the room, but it was locked. He pounded on it in frustration, but no one came. They returned after about an hour of deliberation.

Lallanna, once again, served as spokesperson for the group. She had a soothing way of communicating, which made her the best one to speak for the three.

"Blake-Ransom, we have analyzed the situation, and believe we have an answer for your predicament. We have determined that you are suffering from hallucinatory amnesia. It is a very rare condition, but there have been a few reported cases of people losing all memory and imagining a completely different reality. We just can't explain why your imagined reality is so detailed and intricate."

Blake shook his head. "No. No-no-no. That's not it. I'm telling you, I am not from this world. This is not my home. I need your help to get back there."

"Sadly, Blake-Ransom, there is no way we can help you find your way back to this strange place you described," Lallanna replied. "We have absolutely no reference point for any of the places or events you described. They simply do not exist."

Blake leaned forward and held his head in his hands in exasperation.

"Now, the question is what to do with him," announced Rahnd, the third member of these scientists.

"As unfortunate as it might be," replied Krahl, "he can't be trusted. I think we have no choice but to banish him from the city."

"Krahl, no!" Lallanna interjected. "The chances of surviving the wilds are slim at best."

"What would you have us do?" Krahl argued. "We can't turn him loose in our city. He has already proven to be impulsive and uncooperative. He could prove to be an internal threat."

"He could also prove to be an asset to our city," Lallanna replied. "He tested high on all attributes."

"We can't risk it. He could possibly find a border village and have a chance at survival...a small chance."

"No," Lallanna persisted. "We are low-level telepaths. I sense that his intentions are good and that he truly believes what he says, no matter how outlandish it sounds."

"There are synthesists that have the ability to block telepathy. Maybe he is a synthesist."

Blake continued to hold his pounding head in his hands as they argued his fate.

"Lallanna, I will be taking this to the high council," Krahl said with finality. "You know you will be outvoted by the Twenty."

She sadly hung her head knowing it to be true. After a moment she resolutely raised her head and said, "Then I will be his patroness. I have that right as a high council member."

"That's preposterous. You would have this uncooperative, impulsive, amnesiac stranger as your havenite?"

'Havenite' was one of the first words mentioned today where Blake couldn't intuit its meaning.

"Yes, I am prepared for the undertaking, and you have no power to stop me... no matter how much you outrank me.

"She's right, Krahl," Rahnd added. "She has no other havenite. She has the right to one of her choosing."

Krahl turned to Lallanna and shook his head grimly, "I just hope you're not making a mistake."

Krahl and Rand took their leave. Blake was relieved that Lallanna finally gave him clothing to wear. It was a tunic that resembled what Krahl and Rahnd wore, except it was sleeveless. Lallanna watched and waited patiently as Blake started to change. He thought about asking for a little privacy, but decided it wasn't worth the bother. Fuck it,she's already seen me naked most of the day anyway.

She led him to a room full of maps and strange devices. "I will begin an orientation to introduce you to our city and help you get acclimated. Because of your amnesia, I'll need to start from the very beginning. Our world is Galenia. You are in the city of Vividia, a city of Light. There is a high council, which oversees the well-being of Vividia. We are called the Twenty. I am the 17th ranking member and the youngest at the age of 35."

Blake would soon learn that Galenian years were measured the same as earth. The orbit of Galenia around their sun, which they call Solera, was exactly the same as earth. This led Blake to believe that he had not been shunted to some distant planet, but was in a parallel universe, or some alternate reality. What confounded him was that the geology and land masses on their maps were completely different from earth. He noticed much of the Galenian world was undiscovered. They had discovered an area roughly the size of Europe. For all he knew, Galenians might think their world was flat. Animal and plant-life were completely different as well. If he had stepped into a timeline where earth took a different path, then it was long ago where evolution and geological formations took a different turn. Oddly enough, humans were the only thing that seemed completely similar to his world.

"How is it that I learned so much of your language in less than a day?" Blake inquired. "That doesn't seem possible."

"Being in or near a city with a pyramid provides low-level telepathy, particularly a city of light."

Blake was anxious to learn more about the pyramids since those structures on his world were an area of intense study for him. He had a million questions that he wanted to ask at once. "How do pyramids give telepathy? And what's a city of light?"

Lallanna smiled. "There is much to learn in the days to come, Blake-Ransom. You'll just need to be patient with me."

Lallanna continued to explain how their city worked. Vividia was considered a city of light because the energy from its pyramid was particularly strong. The energies from the pyramids gave benefits to citizens, such as warding off sickness and disease. They also heightened the senses and mind. The cities of light were the most desirable places to be on Galenia. Cities on this world were self-governed and not beholden to a greater power, such as a state, country, or kingdom.

Blake learned that the patron-havenite system in the cities of light provided much success for those societies. Every single citizen had a patron who not only cared about the well-being and success of their havenite, but was fully responsible and accountable for them. Even the happiness of the havenite was of paramount importance to the patron. Blake realized that there wasn't a word in the English language that quite matched 'havenite'. The closest would be recipient or beneficiary, but those lacked the care and devotion a patroness had for her havenite. The word closely related to 'haven' in English, which represented a safe harbor. The patron or patroness was the safe harbor for a havenite, and it was strictly a one-on-one relationship. A patroness was not allowed more than one havenite.

The patron-havenite system made crime virtually non-existent in cities of light, such as Vividia. When every citizen knew they were cared for and had someone looking out for their best interests, criminal activity was virtually non-existent. The citizens of light cities believed that the criminal mind was cultivated out of frustrations and anger at a society that they felt had somehow wronged them or left them behind. There were no such frustrations in Vividia. No one in a city of light went hungry or homeless, and every citizen had a purpose.

"I think we've learned enough for one day," Lallanna said. "I hope that something you learn will trigger the return of your memories soon."

Blake didn't reply. He was certain that his memories were perfectly fine.

"Come with me. I'll take you to our home," Lallanna continued.

"Our home?"

"Of course. I am your patroness. Your comfort and needs are of utmost importance to me. It is my job to provide you with shelter while you acclimate to the city."

"What if I don't choose to be your...havenite."

Lallanna gave him a stunned and hurt look. "Why wouldn't you want to be?"

"It's nothing against you personally. This is all foreign and alien to me. On my world, I'm used to making my own decisions...not have someone making them for me."

"Then choose to be my havenite."

"Do I really have a choice?"

Lallanna chose her words carefully, "Yes...but not if you plan to stay in the city."

"And what happens if I reject?"

Lallanna took a deep breath, "I would first take you to our guild of councilors in hopes of restoring your sense of reason and sanity."

"Would this be a brainwashing session?"

Lallana smiled patiently, "No."

"And if I still refuse?"

Her response was somber. "Then you would be banished from the city and never allowed to return. Only insanity would make one choose that fate."

"What makes things so dire outside the city?"

"Your amnesia must truly be severe, Blake-Ransom. The Wilds... everything outside of any city is considered the Wilds. The main roads from city to city are reasonably safe because they are patrolled, but everything else is ruled by the untamed, unspeakable beasts of the wilderness. Whether it's forest or desert, survival is nearly impossible for someone traveling alone."

Then she said in an ominous almost inaudible voice, "Then there are the cities of darkness."

"Wait, Krahl was saying something about that. What exactly are these cities of darkness?"

Lallanna shook her head, "I...shouldn't have even mentioned it. It is forbidden to speak of it."

"Surely, there must be some people who live outside of city walls."

"There are small, nomadic villages. They roam and never stay in one place for very long. The survival rate is low, but they have better chances in groups. Only the insane choose to live like this."

"What if they have no choice?"

"Everyone has the opportunity to become a member of a city and become a havenite to a worthy patron. We welcome all, but some don't want to follow the guidelines...or they are overcome with madness and don't realize how much better it is here. So stay and be my havenite. Don't choose the path of insanity."

Blake ran a hand through his wavy dark hair, still trying to process everything. "I don't even know what it means to be a havenite. Does that mean... we'll be sharing a bed?"

Lallana smiled, "No."

Blake didn't know whether he should be relieved or disappointed. His eyes traveled along the shapeliness of her legs and there was plenty of leg to see due to the shortness of her tunic. He could only imagine the wonders that were underneath. The fullness of her breasts was also plain to see from the contours of her garment.

Lallanna led Blake down a few streets, which led to her home. Blake was amazed by the rounded architecture of all the buildings, all constructed with a very smooth stone that gleamed in the light of the setting sun. He was disappointed that he didn't get to see more of the city, but Lallanna promised him she would give him a tour at a later time.

"So, what will I be doing in this city?" Blake asked.

"I'll assign you to a guild, so that your talents are best used for the benefit of the city."

"Do I have any choice in the matter?"

"No, but I'll be considering your happiness and needs when making the decision."

"What exactly are these guilds?"

"There are many lower guilds, where people attend to various needs of the city. Your talents would be wasted in the lower guilds. There are three elite guilds, which the most talented citizens are assigned - the scientists, synthesists, and Valiants. I am a member of the science guild."

"What are synthesists and Valiants?

"Synthesists are trained to take their telepathy to a deeper level. It is their job to know things and provide intelligence on activities of other cities and the Wilds. The very elite synthesists eventually develop pyrokinesis and telekinesis. They can manipulate the energies around them with their mind and use those abilities for the defense of Vividia."

"It sounds like hocus-pocus to me." He switched to his language for the term 'hocus-pocus' since there wasn't an equivalent in Galenian to convey his sarcastic doubt.

"You mean charlatanism? No, Blake-Ransom, these abilities are very real. You will soon see that there is a perfectly logical science behind these abilities. It's not magic. We do not believe in magic."

"And Valiants? What are they?"

"They are the defenders of our city and held in very high esteem. They patrol the lands just outside the city walls to keep the threats from the Wilds at bay. They also stand ever vigilant against potential threats from other cities, although we have never been at war in our several hundred years of the city's existence."

"So what guild are you "assigning" me to?"

"I don't think synthesist would be a good choice. You haven't displayed the calm and mental discipline necessary to be successful in that study. You would make a great scientist based on your intelligence scores. However, your physical abilities scored off the charts. The logical choice would be Valiant."

"You've got it all wrong. I'm a scientist through and through. It's what I did on my world."

"No, Blake-Ransom. You have the spirit, strength, and passion of a Valiant. You will be a Valiant."

Blake said nothing more as they continued walking to her estate. He was brooding over this concept that he was told what his vocation would be without having any choice in the matter. He felt like telling her to fuck off and that he wasn't going to be her pet Valiant. Instead, he felt it best to play along for now. He needed to find a way back to his world. It seemed like the best course of action was to play along and gain information.

The grounds of Lallanna's estate opened with an elegant trellis framing a path that led through an elaborate garden. Blake was amazed by the brilliant pastel colors of the flora. In odd contrast to earth, there was very little green in the plant life on Galenia. There was an occasional minty color, but nothing like the green of earth. Blake breathed in the sweet, intoxicating fragrances, which seemed to give a hint of a euphoric high.

Her home was a perfect dome made out of the smooth, glistening stone that was common in Galenian architecture. Large, curved windows blended with the dome shape. They entered her front door. She must have really felt that Vividia was safe because she had no locks on her doors. Anyone could just walk in if they wanted to.

In the middle of her foyer was a fountain, which contained an interesting centerpiece. It was a life-sized statue of a man and woman in the nude. The man stood proudly in all his naked glory and the woman stood behind him with her head resting affectionately on his shoulder. Her left hand rested between his hip and buttocks. Her right hand reached around and was seductively placed on his lower abdomen just above his manhood. It was as if her hand moved in a caress towards his partial erection. The statue was so intricately carved in marble that it rivaled the masterpieces of the renaissance. Blake couldn't remember ever getting aroused over a statue, but this one came close.

Lallanna noticed him observing the statue. "My sister sculpted it. She is a member of the artist guild. It was her last project before graduating from the academy of arts."

Blake marveled at how a work of art like this could be considered a school project. It would be nothing short of a masterpiece on earth. There was amazing attention to detail, particularly in regards to the male's cock and nether-region. Blake found it strangely exciting, the idea of a young woman spending so many hours carving out a cock to such detailed perfection.