The Galinean Saga: Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As they approached the platform in front of the pyramid, the twelve Valtendants, one for each Valiant, awaited. Each wore a long skirt that flowed to the ground and sat low on their hips. Their tops consisted of strips of silk crossing over their breasts. Kellina had a huge smile as Blake approached.

"You look magnificent, Blake-Ransom!" she stood on her tiptoes and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

Each Valtendant had a brilliant moonflower in their hand. The Galinean moonflower only bloomed at night and was a vivid, bright blue that seemed to illuminate from within. Each Valtendant pinned the flower to the cape of their Valiant near the collar.

Gannon stood next to Blake as the cheers continued unabated.

"I'm going to have no shortage of women this night, Blake Ransom," Gannon grinned. "How about you?"

"Who knows?" Blake searched the crowd. There was one woman he really wanted, but knew he couldn't have. He saw Lallanna towards the front, beaming with pride for her Valiant.

The commandant spoke through a large horn on a stand, which somehow reverberated his voice throughout the square, even over the still cheering crowd. He gave a speech about the talents of these young men and the glories they would have defending Vividia from the beasts of the Wilds. Blake only heard part of the speech. The elation from the crowd lifted his spirits. Rock stars and sports champions on earth didn't even receive this much admiration. The Valiants were the true heroes of Vividia and every citizen would soon know the name of each one.

An elaborate feast was spread for the Valiants on the platform. Exotic food vendors drove their carts into the square for the attendees of the celebration. Entertainers filed in as well. Life on earth started to seem like a distant memory as he soaked in the joys of the night. He was becoming accustomed to this new life and wasn't sure that he even wanted to return to earth any longer.

Blake took his seat next to Kellina. She put a hand on his thigh, "Isn't this wonderful, Blake-Ransom?"

"I have to admit, I've never had a night like this!" Blake replied.

Kellina gave him a captivating smile as she moved her hand higher up his thigh. "The night doesn't have to end here..."

Blake felt a distinct tightening in his coxilk. His body was in an utter state of conflict. His heart wanted one woman, but his dick was easily enticed by another.

As they ate and enjoyed the festivities, Blake noticed one thing that seemed out of place. In the midst of all the celebration, a high-ranking member of the Twenty was whispering to Lallanna and she had a look of concern on her face. Blake remembered seeing this official's portrait in the Assembly Hall along with the other portraits of the Twenty. He seemed to remember him being fifth ranked. Blake soon dismissed the encounter as a group of scantily clad exotic dancers entered the platform and started dancing for the Valiants. Kellina, with her hand under the table and still on Blake's thigh, moved it even higher and started petting the silky material over the head of his cock. His erection was now testing the very limits of his coxilk and threatened to make an escape.

After the feast, Blake saw Lallanna climb the stairs of the platform rather somberly. He wasn't sure why she seemed dispirited with all the celebration, but he hoped to lift her spirits.

Blake put his hands on her shoulders, "Lallanna, isn't this night fantastic?"

"Blake-Ransom, I need to speak with you," she said in a serious voice.

"Okay, what's wrong?"

She pulled him off to the side, away from the platform so they could talk more privately.

She paused not knowing how to start and then looked Blake in the eyes, "Two of our neighboring cities of light, Burniscia and Scintallia, are at war with each other."

"Okay... why are they at war?"

"No one knows yet. We just heard the shocking news."

"Well, our city has the Valiants" he tried to reassure, "I'm sure we can help resolve the matter."

"Blake-Ransom, you don't understand. The cities of light have never been at war with each other before. It is unfathomable. There is such a harmony that the energy from the pyramids provide. Our cities depend on each other. Something horrible must have happened to cause these two magnificent cities to declare war. I can already sense a disruption in the telepathic fields. The people here are celebrating at this moment, but when the festivities are over, they too will sense the disruption."

"Is the Twenty going to determine a plan of action?"

"They already have. They are sending a lone Valiant to investigate. Your training results were off the charts, so they've chosen you. It will be a long, treacherous journey to those cities and it may be a long time before you return."

To be continued...

Glossary of Galinean Terms (Contains Spoilers)

Burniscia -- A city of light, at war with Scintallia.

Callak -- A creature that resembles a cow. It has long hair, which nearly touches the ground, and horns that twirl like corkscrews. It has a bourbon, smoky taste when served as a dish.

Coxilk -- The garment that girds the loins of a Valiant. It resembles a male Brazilian bikini.

Fallan -- A desert, which perpetually pumps a creamy sauce through a funneled cake.

Felskink -- A furry animal, which resembles a cross between a kitten and a lizard.

Fusionator -- A massive device used to capture and distill fusion energy.

Galenia -- The world in which this saga takes place.

Moonflower -- A flower that only blooms at night. Its glow is a brilliant, luminescent blue.

Havenite -- The recipient of a patron or patroness's good will. A patron-havenite relationship is always one-to-one and key to the stability of a city.

Scintallia -- A city of light, at war with Burniscia.

Solera -- The name for the Galinean sun.

Surfsnapper -- A tentacled creature that is frequently found in the ocean surf near a beach. When served as cuisine, its flavor is similar to a cross between lobster and clam. The tentacle squirms on a stick when served.

Synthesist -- A member of the telepathic and mind guild, one of the three elite guilds of a city. Master synthesists have powers of telekinesis and pyrokinesis.

The Twenty -- The high council that oversees the wellbeing of a city.

Valiant -- Defenders and protectors of a city. They are one of the three elite guilds and held in high esteem.

Valtendant -- A young woman who tends to the needs of a Valiant. There is one Valtendant for every Valiant.

Viand-snatch -- A Galinean eating utensil.

Vividia -- A city of light on Galenia. It is nearly 300 years old and has never been at war.

Vividallian -- The currency of Vividia. It's a silver coin with blue undertones.