The Michael Project

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah, I work for Beefchem. I work on food additives for the beef industry. Not terribly exciting, but I like it."

"Sounds pretty cool to me. I'm a software engineer at Daltech. I like it there because we work on so many different things all the time. Right now I'm working on a garbage recycling system that we hope will be able to differentiate between several hundred different recyclable materials and sort them automatically and route them to the correct recycling process."

"Really? That sounds fascinating." Becky reached over the table and touched Michael's hand.

Liz sat back as her two friends talked. By the time their food arrived they were deep into a conversation comparing "Deep Space 9" to "Enterprise". When the meal was over they ordered dessert while discussing the Pluto photos being posted by NASA. Liz surreptitiously hit a button on her phone. A minute later it buzzed and she excused herself from the table. Michael didn't seem to mind. Becky gave her a smile.

Liz stood in the waiting area for several minutes watching Becky and Michael. She'd done it, she was sure. They were perfect together. After a while, Liz made her way back to the table.

"Michael, baby. I'm sorry, but my husband isn't feeling well," she lied. "I need to go home and take care of him." She turned to Becky. "Michael rode with me. Can you give him a ride home?"

Michael looked at her. "You have to leave?"

"Yes, Michael. My husband needs me."

"Oh. Okay. I understand." He looked at Becky.

"I don't mind giving you a lift. It'll give us more time to get to know each other."

"Thanks Becky. I'd like that."

Liz picked up her purse, gave Michael a kiss on the cheek, and then left. Out in her car she sat behind the wheel for a moment. Two tears drifted down her cheeks before she shook herself. Smiling at her reflection in the rear view mirror, she took a deep breath and let it out. Michael and Becky would be happy together. This was for the best. She put the keys in and started the engine. Right then what she really needed was to feel her husband's arms around her.