Three Dinner Dates

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

So, what was the problem? Well, her sister had eluded to the same by tossing that condom at her, and much as it pained Anna to say so, it seemed that Chloe had been right. Every day since that Saturday night, Anna had expected to see Simon walk into the supermarket, to greet her in his own charming way, and to ask her out again. Every day she hoped, and every day her hopes were dashed. There was no sight nor sound of Simon.

Chloe had warned about the same, about how they built you up then sent you crashing down. Anna had hoped that Simon would be different, but it seemed not to be the case. She had turned him down, and suddenly she wasn't divine any more. Much as she was disappointed, in fact distraught might have been a better word, Anna just kept telling herself that it was a lucky escape. How would she have felt if she had let him have his way with her, then found out she meant nothing to Simon.

As the two sisters took a seat in the coffee shop, more than ever before, Anna really needed some moral support. What she got was more like twenty questions.

"So..." Chloe started.

"So what?" Anna replied with a rhetorical question.

"So... are you gonna tell me all about it?" Chloe continued.

"Tell you about what?" Anna responded.

"Come on, Sis... spill the beans... about you and that lover boy of yours."

For a moment Anna paused, thinking about where to start and just what she wanted to say. Her sister though was just too impatient to wait.

"You did go, didn't you? Tell me you did, Anna," Chloe added.

"Yep, I went..." Anna replied.

"And?" Chloe asked.

"And... it was fantastic... Simon's got a place by the river... god, it's twice the size of my little pad... oh, and he's got another place in the lakes... oh, and he sure knows how to cook a good steak... oh--" Anna started to reel off detail after detail, before getting rudely interrupted by her sister.

"And... did he?" Chloe asked, winking at her sister as she put the question. "Did he make the earth move?"

For a second time, Anna paused. This time though it was because she didn't have a suitable answer to give. They may be sisters, but this is where Anna and Chloe were so different. The unfortunate thing though, was that this time Chloe was right, and Anna had been mistaken.

"Anna?" Chloe asked.

A tear came to Anna's eye.

"Oh, Anna... what happened?" Chloe asked, this time her tone becoming more serious as she noticed how upset her sister was. "Was it not what you hoped for?"

"That's the problem Chloe. It was everything I hoped for, and more. It was perfect, Chloe. His place was perfect. The dinner was perfect. Simon was perfect," Anna explained.

"So, what went wrong? Why are you so down?" Chloe enquired.

"He asked me, you know," Anna commented.

"Asked you what?" Chloe asked.

"Asked me to stay the night," Anna replied.

"He must like you then," Chloe responded. "So, did you?"

A regretful look spread across Anna's face.

"You didn't, did you?" Chloe asked, the penny dropping about why her sister was so down.

"No," Anna explained. "I wanted to... god, how I wanted to... but I needed to know he wasn't inviting me out just to get inside my knickers. That's me, Chloe... I don't do it on a first date."

"And what did he say?" Chloe asked.

"God, Chloe... I've been so stupid, haven't I? At the time he seemed so nice about it, but now I see Simon for what he was," Anna started to get upset again as she responded.

"What do you mean?" Chloe asked.

"Well... it's been a fortnight, and I haven't seen sight nor sound of him. That says it all. doesn't it? All he was after, was getting me into his bed. What does that make me... I'm a fool, you know... a fool to believe he could be interested in somebody like me! Him a banker, and me a fucking shopworker."

"Don't think like that, Anna. There may be a rational explanation, you know," Chloe tried to provide a sense of reason.

"I don't think so... you said yourself, they don't even remember you the morning after... and that's just it... he doesn't even remember me," Anna commented.

"It's not you, you know... it's him... and it's better to be rid of him than to have spent the night with him and then regretted it," Chloe tried to make good of what seemed a bad situation.

Anna smiled. It was more of a 'you're probably right' type of smile than a happy smile. For the next couple of minutes, neither sister said anything. It was Anna who finally broke the silence.

"Promise me one thing, Chloe," she said.

"Of course," Chloe replied.

"Promise me next time, you'll make sure I don't fall for it again," Anna added.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Chapter Eight

Dinner Date #3 - will Simon ask the question once more, and will Anna finally say yes?

The following Tuesday lunchtime, Anna's world was turned upside down once more. She'd just about come to terms with being dumped after one date, when a familiar stranger walked back into her life.

"Hello Anna," Simon said, taking Anna quite by surprise.

"Simon?" Anna responded, her single word answer both recognising his presence and questioning why he was here.

"What are you doing here, Simon?" Anna continued.

"Hoping you'll let me buy you lunch, Anna," Simon responded.

"Lunch?" Anna asked.

"Well... I thought it would be nicer than talking here... a bit more private I guess," Simon commented.

"Private? Why, Simon? If you have something to say, you can say it here," Anna countered, a touch of frustration in her voice.

"You sound angry, Anna. Have I done something to upset you?" Simon asked.

"Simon! I may work in a supermarket, but I'm no floozy you can wrap around your arm one minute and then ignore the next. I've got morals, you know, and feelings as well, and..."

"And... I know," Simon finished Anna's outburst.

"You know?" Anna asked, a touch of embarrassment in her voice.

"I respect your feelings, Anna. In my heart I longed to chase after you that Saturday night, but that wasn't the right thing to do. I wanted to give you some time and space... to reach your own decision. I didn't want to appear pushy nor assuming... but when I didn't hear anything from you, I needed to find you... to ask you... to see if I did something wrong... something... to upset you. If I did, I'm so sorry, Anna."

Anna didn't know what to say. She'd had a right go at the person who, only a couple of weeks previously, she thought was the most gorgeous man she had ever met, and all the time he had been putting her first. Nobody had ever put Anna first. Now though... now she had really gone and blown it, hadn't she.

"You did that... for me?" Anna asked. "I'm the one who should be sorry, Simon... I... I... well, when I said no, and then I didn't hear anything from you, I put two and two together and made... well... five. In my mind I thought you weren't interested in me any more."

"Anna," Simon responded, his voice so soft and comforting. "I told you then, and I'll tell you now... you are the most beautiful woman I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. I'd never hurt you, Anna. If only there was a way to show you."

It was Anna's heart which drove her response. She may still have been making the biggest mistake of her life, but she also needed to know whether Simon was being truthful or not.

"I cannot do lunch, Simon, but I do have an idea," Anna replied.

"I'm all ears," Simon responded, a smile on his face.

"Well, you remember what you asked that first time you came in here?" Anna asked.

"What... when I asked you to dinner?" Simon replied with a question of his own.

"I was thinking more around when you asked me what I would choose for dinner if you were to cook for me," Anna clarified.

"And you said steak," Simon replied.

"It was a great choice," Anna quipped. "But then you asked me for an alternative. Well, how about you invite me for that second date, and then you can ask me your question again."

"You mean it?" Simon asked.

"Go on... ask me... before I change my mind," Anna replied.

"Well then... what would you say, Anna... the beautiful young Anna... if I offered to cook for you again?" Simon asked.

"What? Simon? Are you asking me on a date?" Anna replied, a beaming smile on her face as she teased Simon.

"I'd love to," Anna replied, moments later. "Oh, and I'm free on Friday evening."

Simon was trying to take on board what had just happened. How had this gone from him taking a verbal beating, to asking the love of his life out on another date, to having to cook on Friday evening? He wasn't sure, but there was no way he was going to object, even if it meant he had to change already made plans. The chance to get back with Anna, to get to know her more, to show her just how much she meant to him, was too important to miss. He was still thinking of a suitable response when Anna chipped in again.

"Now, if you don't mind, Simon... I've got work to do."

"Yes... of course... Friday it is," Simon responded. "Oh, and I love you, Anna," he added, placing a soft kiss on her cheek.

Anna blushed. She wanted to kiss him back, but she knew that would just get her the sack if she was caught. As Anna stared at her would-be lover, Simon turned and headed out of the store.

"Friday..." Anna whispered to herself. "Friday..."

In her mind Anna already had an idea, and the choice of Friday night was going to be intrinsic to what she had in mind.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

On her way home, Anna picked up a takeaway. She didn't normally, but she had other things on her mind rather than cooking. Anna wolfed down a plate of chow mein, and immediately set about washing up. As she did, her mind drifted back to that first date with Simon, the meal he had cooked in that palatial apartment, and the way he had stopped her from touching the dishes. She closed her eyes and memories came flooding back. The more she reminisced, the more Anna became nervous at the thought of what she had just done.

She liked Simon.

No... no... it was more than liked.

Did she love Simon? Her heart said yes, and she so wanted her head to nod in agreement. So, what was the problem? Was there even a problem? This was just Anna. She was slow. She was cautious. She didn't take chances. Yet here she was, disgusted with the way he had ignored her for a couple of weeks, then inviting herself back to his.

It wasn't so much the thought of going back which made her nervous. She trusted Simon to be true to his word. What made her nervous was the thought of answering his question if Simon decided to ask it again.

That first time, the answer was no.

This time though... this time she knew what she would say.

"Sometimes, Anna," she said to herself, as she poured a large glass of malt. "Sometimes, you just have to take a chance."

With the glass in one hand, and her phone in the other, Anna headed upstairs. She tossed the phone onto her bed, then headed into the adjoining small bathroom. She placed her drink down on the corner of the bath surround, took hold of a large bottle of lavender bath foam, and poured some in. Anna set the bath running and returned to her bedroom.

Anna stripped out of her work clothes, confining them to a wash bin in the corner of the room. Dressed in nothing but a comfortable cream tee-shirt bra and matching midi-panties, Anna glanced at herself in the mirror. She smiled and made a mental note that these would never do for the weekend. They may have been comfortable for work, but they weren't exactly date material, were they?

She rummaged in her drawers. Nope, none of these were really what she had in mind if things went the way she wanted them to. Anna smiled. Girls love shopping, don't they? The thought of shopping--usually this was her Saturday activity after coffee with her sister--had Anna remembering that she needed to cancel with Chloe. She sat down on the edge of her bed, grabbed her phone, and started to type.

'Chloe, not free for coffee this Saturday,' Anna sent.

Seconds later her phone buzzed, and a one-word reply appeared on the screen

'Why?'

'Doing something else,' Anna replied.

'What's so important to cancel coffee with your sister?' came another reply.

'Don't tell me. Is it another date?' came a third.

Anna's next reply was a single smiley face, followed by a promise to tell Chloe all about it later. As she stared at the screen, wondering if Chloe would reply again, another thought hit Anna.

"Damn," Anna called out. "The bath!"

Anna had been so caught up in the moment that she'd forgotten about her bath. She rushed into the bathroom, and quickly turned off the taps. It was deeper than she had intended, but why not. A girl needed some pampering from time to time, especially when she had a hot date to look forward to. Anna quickly removed her bra and panties, then sank into the warm water. She picked up her glass and took a sip at the amber nectar.

"Simon," Anna whispered, purely for her own necessity. "I'm trusting you, Simon. Don't let me down."

For the next half hour, sipping away at her drink, Anna just lay back and dreamed. Hot water gave way to warm, before heading towards cool. Bubbles slowly disappeared, revealing a clear view of the naked young woman. All Anna could think about was Simon... was being with him... was how she hoped the weekend would progress.

Oh yes, if all went well, Anna was planning for the weekend and not just Friday night. That would be her surprise, and she needed to look her best. Grabbing a razor, Anna turned her attention to her appearance. Armpits were first, followed by legs, before she turned her attention to tidying up the edges of her blonde bush. Finally, and with great care, she made sure her labia were as bare as the day she was born.

Back in the bedroom, Anna didn't even bother with a nightie. She simply slipped into bed, feeling the cool of the cotton bedclothes against her still warm body. Ever so gently--it was always a little sensitive after shaving--Anna eased her labia apart and pushed a finger up inside. She closed her eyes and worked her sex, slowly easing herself towards the most sensual of climaxes.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As Anna was enjoying herself, thinking of nothing more than a weekend with her lover, Simon's mind was also set on somebody else. His actions though were nowhere near as pleasurable as Anna's. With his own drink in hand, Simon went about putting things in motion.

Food was ordered... dinner for Friday and, taking a hopeful punt, breakfast for Saturday.

Prior commitments were quickly adjusted. Drinks with the lads on Friday night was off, as was the round of golf on Saturday morning. It was a small sacrifice for the chance to be with the woman he cherished more than any other.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Friday took an eternity to arrive, but once it did, time seemed to go so fast. Before she knew it, Anna was at Simon's apartment, a second most wonderful dinner had been eaten, and the two of them had cuddled up on the sofa together, kissing and canoodling. It was Anna who finally made conversation.

"Simon, was there something you wanted to ask me?" Anna enquired.

Simon just looked at his lover. For a moment he was speechless, not quite remembering what he was meant to say.

Anna pulled Simon's arm around her and snuggled her head in against his shoulder. If he didn't want to ask, then that wasn't part of the plan, but it didn't matter. She'd had another enjoyable evening, and hoped it wasn't the end, but she wasn't going to push matters either. Simon would need to decide what he wanted.

"Did I tell you just how beautiful you are Anna," Simon commented.

"Mmmm... you did," Anna replied, craning her neck, and placing a soft kiss on his lips.

"And... did I tell you how happy I was to have you come round for dinner once more?" Simon asked.

"That as well," Anna replied, giving him another sensual kiss.

"And... did I tell you how I'd like it if you wanted to stay the night... just the two of us," Simon finished, pulling Anna tightly in against him.

For a moment Anna didn't say anything. It wasn't that she needed time to decide. She knew exactly what she was going to say, and had already prepared for the same, packing a small washbag, and a change of clothes into her bag. Intentionally she had arrived carrying a large shoulder bag, almost large enough to be considered a small overnighter, making an excuse that she had come straight from the shops.

The truth though was that she had packed with the intention of not going back home, well, not just yet.

"Yes," Anna whispered, smiling back at Simon.

"It's okay if you don't," Simon continued, not even registering the response from Anna. "I understand if you want time to think about it, Anna."

"I said... yes," Anna replied, this time making sure her every word was heard. "I'd like that very much, Simon."

"You would?" Simon asked, so surprised at her response, even if it was the one he had dreamed of ever since that very first date.

"Of course," Anna replied. "Who could say no to breakfast with the most gorgeous man in the world?"

It was Simon's turn to place a kiss on Anna's lips. This one though wasn't any soft sensual caress. The couple were locked together in the most passionate embrace. When finally, they broke, it was Simon who spoke.

"You made me so happy, Anna. I so hoped you would say yes. I've changed the bedding in the guest bedroom and given it a good clean, just on the off chance that you wanted to sleep over."

It was such a mundane statement, offering the spare bedroom to his lover to be, but to Anna they were words from heaven. Simon had promised not to be pushy, to let her go at her own pace, and to give her time and space. Here he was, putting words into practice. Of course, Anna would take him up on his offer.

"Thank you, Simon," Anna replied.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A couple of hours later, and with a tingle of excitement lingering in her lips, the two lovers went their separate ways. Simon retired to the master bedroom and Anna to the guest room.

As they both lay in bed, each was thinking about the other.

For Simon it was bitter sweet, but he had done exactly what he said he would. He had given Anna a safe environment. He had given her space and time, and he hoped Anna could see that. Don't get it wrong, Simon wanted nothing more than to have his lover with him in the same bed, but that would come only if she wanted the same. It would not be his choice to make... it would be theirs.

Anna on the other hand, dressed in a strappy long blue satin nightdress, couldn't sleep. She was never good at settling down in a strange place. She was listening to every strange noise and wondering what it was. There was something else though. She was still excited at being here, at being with Simon.

After half an hour of lying there, staring at the ceiling, Anna's mind was made up. She climbed out of bed, and quietly walked across the apartment towards the master bedroom. The door was closed. Anna was so nervous as she brought her hand up, then knocked against the painted wood. The response was immediate.

"Anna, is that you?" Simon called out from inside. "Come in. Is something wrong?"

Slowly, her heart beating faster than ever, Anna took hold of the door handle and twisted it. The door opened, and Anna walked into the master bedroom. As with everything else here, it was enormous. She glanced around, her eyes landing on Simon. He was propped up slightly, in the largest bed she had ever seen.

"What's the matter, Anna?" he asked. "Have you changed your mind?"

"No... no..." Anna replied. "It's just that... well... I don't sleep well in strange places... I was wondering, Simon..."