Vaughn's Choice

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So you really are going to tell me all of that with a smile?" Vaughn smirked.

"She is a saucy one," Eros said to Psyche, continuing to beam.

"So what happens to the one I don't choose? Will you promise me that you will find them their true love free from games and trickery?"

"You really have no bargaining chips here, Dearie," Eros crossed his massive arms against his chest.

"I know, but you are nobler than the other gods. You do not seek out people to worship you. You try to enhance our very being."

Psyche rolled her eyes, knowing full well Eros was basking in Vaughn's praise. He stood a little taller. "You are right my spicy cinnamon drop. I will grant you that boon. I will ask Psyche to find a suitable mate for each man and on the day that you make your choice, I will make them fall in love."

"You mean you will make the man I don't choose fall in love with the woman chosen for him, right? Not that I will go through all of this only for you to turn around and make them both love another."

Eros sighed at her quick thinking. "Very well, Vaughn, you will have the man of your choice free from competition. He will love only you." Psyche looked less than pleased. She was beginning to have second thoughts about giving up her Grigori.

ΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔ

Grigori spent all evening watching Vaughn. Whatever her charity was, he was funding it. He hoped she would allow him to help her create and craft it into the charity of her dreams. Her teal dress distracted him from his thoughts. It hugged her body just enough to show off her womanly curves. He could not help but smile every time he beheld her smile. Others attempted to speak with him but his complete attention was on Vaughn.

He saw her alone for a moment and he strode over and bowed his head to her. She looked up at him with bedroom eyes. "Vaughn, may I have this dance?"

"Yes," she breathed. His voice awakened feelings in her that she thought was dormant.

Grigori took her hand and led her to the dance floor. He wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her in close. He subtly sniffed her neck delighting in her soft floral scent. Valentine's Day was four weeks away and he was determined to have Vaughn as his sweetheart. When Psyche appeared with her envelope that day, he knew his life was about to change. He was not prepared for the visceral reaction he would have to Vaughn.

ΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘ

Kayson stalked Vaughn through the gala like prey. His muscles were taut, his mouth determined as his cool green eyes moved with the sway of her hips. His tongue licked his lips every time hers darted out to touch hers. He wondered if she tasted like coffee or maybe caramel. He finally spied her alone and walked her way. He felt a low growl in his throat when he saw Grigori wrap his arm around her waist. Kayson was taken aback for a moment at the fierceness of his possessive desires. Kayson never in his life had to compete for a woman. This was new to him. He was calling her tomorrow and he was going to have her undivided attention.

ΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣ

Vaughn entered her condo. She pulled off her heels on the way into the bathroom to peel herself out of her dress and clean off the makeup. She looked at her reflection as her natural beauty was revealed. Two handsome men vied for her attention tonight. Kayson's smile and facial hair were so sexy. Grigori made her body react. She was afraid she was going to have sex with him on the dance floor at the gala. His body felt amazing through his suit. Which one would haunt her dreams?

She let the cool satin of her gown flow over her body surrounding her in comfort as she sauntered over to her bed. She pulled back her fluffy red comforter and snuggled in.

As she thought about her night, her heart raced. Vaughn had been in love before. She was young. He was handsome. He spoke to her like she was the only woman in the world. He took her to expensive dinners and bought her expensive baubles. Soon after she gave herself to him, his affections started to wane as did his attention. Then he disappeared only to appear later with a new plaything on his arm. From that day on, she closed her heart to romantic love and opened it to her clients, poor children who needed someone to care. She shut her eyes and willed herself to sleep.

ΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦ

Vaughn felt lips on hers and arms circling her waist. Her hands slipped up a well-defined back and into curly hair. She felt his hands grip her ass and bring her closer to his hard body. The calf of her leg wrapped around his to caress it. His tongue was skilled, tasting her luxurious mouth. She pulled away from him trying to catch her breath. His turquoise eyes bore into hers. Her hand reached up to caress his cheek. He grabbed it and kissed the palm. A sigh slipped between her lips. His lips continued to slowly kiss down the length of her arm over to her chest where his mouth slowly inhaled a nipple making her drip in anticipation. He descended between her legs.

Her hands grabbed her pillow squeezing it tight as his tongue curled around her clit, the tip flicking at it teasingly. She gasped as his fingers dug into her tender thighs. She moaned as his lips softly played with her nether lips giving her unspeakable pleasure. Her chest heaved faster and faster as she felt a heaviness in her lower abdomen. Her hips bucked with each contraction in time with every tongue lashing he provided.

He eased up her body and captured her lips as she kissed him hungrily reveling in the taste of her sex on his lips and tongue. Her hands gripped his shoulders as her body began to calm. His lips escaped her assault. She opened her eyes to the crisp light green eyes of Kayson.

Vaughn's eyes flew open and she sat up in her bed pulling the comforter to her chest. She cannot ever remember a time where she had a wet dream.

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

Kayson watched the clock waiting for a proper hour to call Vaughn. He sank back into his desk chair at his home office and drummed his fingers on his chin. He thought 9 am on a Saturday would be sufficient. At 8:59 am he leaned in, his eyes willing the numbers to change. His hand was poised to push the send button. He had already typed in her number and saved it to his phone. When the clock changed, he pushed the button and put the phone to his ear. His heartbeat pounded in his chest.

"Good morning, this is Vaughn."

"Good morning, Vaughn, this is Kayson." Kayson held his breath.

"Oh, Kayson, hello."

He released the air in his chest. "I hope you are available to meet for coffee. I want to discuss your charity."

"Really? Sure that would be great."

Kayson smiled. "Do you know where 'A Taste of Columbia' is on Lincoln and 8th Street?"

"I love that place! What time should we meet?"

Can you blink us both there right now? His eagerness was overwhelming. "How about 9:45? Or is that too soon?"

"Oh no, it's perfect. I will see you soon."

ΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔ

Kayson arrived first. He found a quiet little corner. The waitress came and sat complimentary Brevas Caladas on the table along with his coffee. Kayson hoped for the opportunity to feed Vaughn some of the decadent fig and cheese dessert.

His eyes were glued to the door waiting to see her springy curls bounce as she walked. He longed to run his fingers through it and coil a curl around his finger. He spied her and rose from his seat to greet her smiling face.

Vaughn's sparkling eyes met his. "Are those for me?"

Kayson frowned for a moment. "Oh, oh yes." He grins as he lifts flowers from the table and into her hands.

"They are my favorite! How did you know?"

"Well, I figured that you were not the roses type of girl. Your name is alliteration, Vaughn V. Varnham, so I thought I would do the same with the flowers."

"Huh, well I absolutely love peonies, pansies, and posies."

His boyish smile once again graced his face. He moved to her side and pulled out her chair. "I am all ears, Triple V. Tell me about your vision."

"My vision is threefold. I want to have a camp where local foster kids can get away and into nature. There will be counseling available but it will not be completely counseling based. I really want it to be a calm place to reconnect and refocus on their inner being. I want a private park and wellness center here in the city where they can go for quiet contemplation. I also want to give each child a suitcase full of new things to take with them to their new home."

"Sold!" He pushed a check across the table to her. "This is just something to get the ball rolling. Are you thinking of running it through a foundation?"

"I don't know the first thing about starting a foundation. I have done research but it seems a little overwhelming. I don't want to do it wrong and I have no money to hire an attorney." She looked down at the check and gasped. Her eyes flew up and looked across the table at Kayson. He was calmly taking a sip of his coffee. "Kayson! This is a million dollars."

"I put my money where my heart is. I believe in you, Vaughn. I want you to meet with my in-house attorney. You are going to have to come up with a board of directors so start gathering your partners together. I would suggest a person on the front lines, a business person, maybe even a former foster child." He put his hand on hers. "Close your mouth Triple V." Kayson chuckled.

Vaughn moved her mouth like fish out of water. Kayson leaned back and cut off a sliver of sugary fig and rich cheese and slid it into her mouth. He watched her eyes close as she let out a moan. It quickened his sex. She opened her golden brown eyes and beheld him as she chewed. She smiled as the last morsel slipped down her throat. "That certainly got my attention."

"I'm going to order you some coffee and then we are going to get to know each other better."

Vaughn told him her order and they spent the next few hours talking about their passions.

ΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘ

Grigori met Vaughn in his favorite restaurant for lunch that Monday. It was on the top floor in a high-rise overlooking the city. She entered and Grigori's eyes started at her sexy black pumps adorned feet, bouncing with the stride of her toned calves, up her stocking clad legs to the sway of her vintage skater skirt that tapered at her trim waist. His eyes swooped up the curve of her full breasts and broad shoulders that were covered by a thin fitted sweater. His oceanic eyes lingered on her painted maroon lips before dipping into the honeyed pools of her eyes.

He stood. She gave him a shy smile. Her dimples were like punctuation to her smile. He wanted to kiss each one. Grigori shifted on his feet to keep from rushing ahead too fast. He reached out and took her hands in his. "You are truly a vision, Vaughn." Vaughn held in a shiver. His voice was amazingly deep and sexy.

"Thank you, Grigori."

He pulled out her chair and took his seat. The waiter came and offered him wine. He swirled it in his mouth and nodded his approval. The waiter poured as Grigori watched Vaughn peruse the menu. "May I have the pleasure of ordering for you?"

Her eyes glowed. "I would love that."

Vaughn was excited to find out what he had selected for her. Her smile made him smile. "So tell me about your charity."

Vaughn explained her vision and what Kayson had provided. Grigori nodded taking it all in. Their food arrived and Grigori explained the dish he selected. It was a curry with lamb. He was glad that she liked it. They were quiet as they enjoyed their meal. Casually they glanced at each other, a smile flitting across their faces. Vaughn passed on dessert. Her meal had her more than satisfied her.

"Will you take me to this plot of land you have your eye on?"

"Sure."

"I could have my driver take us now."

Vaughn knew she should be wary. She didn't know this man. However, against all rational judgment she agreed. She sent an ominous message to her mother explaining who she was with and where she was going. She ignored her mother's follow-up questions. Grigori helped her into his car and then he follows her in after giving the driver directions to where Vaughn wants to build her camp.

ΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦ

When they arrived, Vaughn was pleased to see the land had yet to be purchased. Grigori pulled out his cell phone and walked away. Her eyes followed his movements. His movements were fluid and powerful like a panther or a lion. She shivered again as she recalled the kiss from her dream. His slacks draped his body showing the curves of his muscular legs. His v-neck sweater did not hide his broad back, his pecs or his biceps. She had to pull her eyes away from him. She started walking around the grounds. Her eyes roamed over the small rolling green hills and mature trees. She imagined cabins interspersed with the trees. She doesn't want to mar the natural landscape.

Grigori spoke startling her. Warmth began to spread through her body. "Deep in thought I see." He held out his hand. "Come." When their fingers touched need filled her sex. She closed her eyes to tamp it down.

Vaughn had never walked the full grounds, only the part closest to the highway. The feel of his rough hand in hers was somehow comforting. She gasped as they came across a small natural lake.

"It is beautiful, no?" Vaughn shook her head yes. "All of this is part of the grounds. The land is quite extensive and would be great for animals. I have heard that pet therapy is good for children. We could have dogs and horses for the children to care for. We could plant a garden. I hear that gardening is therapeutic as well. I know a contractor who grew up in foster care that would jump at the chance to partner with us on this."

Vaughn turned to him with adoring eyes. "You understand my vision and are able to articulate it better than I. I wonder how much they want for the down payment."

"Don't worry, the land is yours. You will work with Kayson to start your foundation and we will transfer the rights to this land to the foundation. I will work with a few people I know to come up with a plan for this place."

Vaughn's eyebrows furrowed. "I don't understand. What do you mean the land is mine?"

"I just made a cash offer."

Vaughn stared at him, her mouth agape. Grigori wanted so much at that moment to kiss her but he knew it was too soon. She was like a lamb, a little skittish. He would wait for her to come to him.

"Grigori, you, you didn't have to do that."

"I told you that I would support your charity and I meant it." Vaughn's eyes welled with tears. When one dropped, on instinct, Grigori reached out and wiped it away with his thumb. "You're welcome." He smiled at her.

Vaughn got home that night and sat on her couch in amazement. She sent her mother a text telling her that she had returned home safely. She looked up to see Psyche had appeared. "How am I supposed to choose between the two of them?"

Psyche put a hand on her hip. "Is it really that difficult of a choice? One of them excites you physically, the other makes you feel comfortable."

"It is not that simple. I am attracted to both of them. Both of them are very giving men. Both of them are very handsome men. Both of them are attentive. Will the one I do not choose hate me? Will he withdraw his help?"

Psyche sighed. She sauntered over to Vaughn's overstuffed chair. "This chair is excellent! Listen, Vaughn, both men, were looking for a worthy cause when I found them. They are helping with your charity because they believe in it. And no, the other will be madly in love with someone else at the end of this little process and bare no ill will toward you."

"Everything is moving so fast."

"Well, my dear, you only have a few weeks to make your decision. I promised to get you what you needed to fulfill your dream. I have delivered. You just make sure you make up your mind about Kayson and Grigori or you will have three ruined lives on your hands." In a flash, she was gone.

Vaughn sank deeper into the couch. Which of these men would she give her heart to?

Vaughn sat in the park with a little boy. He was eight years old. He lost both his parents and had no family to live with. They were sitting on a blanket, still and quiet, her hand in his. They did this about twice a week. She did not want to rush him into voicing his thoughts. She had provided him with legos for him to play with at his new home and a coloring book dealing with feelings.

Today, he spoke. "I'm angry." Vaughn was quiet as he gathered his thoughts. "I'm angry that God took my parents. I'm angry I have to be with people I don't know. I'm angry that I have to go to a new school where I have no friends."

"Are you angry about anything else?" He shook his head no. "So what do you do with your anger?"

"Nothing." He dropped his head.

"Well, anger sometimes masks other feelings, like sadness, abandonment, loneliness, fear. Do you think you feel any of those?"

"What's abandonment?"

"Feeling like you have no one. That the people you had left you."

"Yes, abandonment. I feel abandonment."

"What do you think about grief counseling? I know you were against it before. There is a certain understanding that comes when you are with people who share your feelings."

"I think I'm ready to try."

Vaughn snuggled him close to her. "I'm really proud of you."

"Does this mean I have to give up this time with you?"

"No. We can still have our sessions out here."

They heard a car horn behind them. His ride had arrived. Vaughn rose and helped him up. She picked up the blanket, shaking it out and folding it as she walked him to the car. "See you next Tuesday. I will tell your foster parents about the grief counseling." After she had secured him in the transport vehicle, she checked her phone for messages from the office. She saw a text message from Kayson.

Do you have your board together? We are ready to move forward.

She answered his text. Yes, we are due to meet this Friday. She was about to put her phone back in her pocket, but Kayson replied immediately.

Dinner tonight?

Yes. She responded.

Wear comfortable shoes. I will text you the address and meet you there.

Vaughn valet parked and headed into the venue. The hostess led her to Kayson's table. He stood smiling at her. "It is nice to see you Triple V."

Vaughn smiled at his nickname for her. "It is nice to see you, too."

He pulled out her chair and leaned in to smell her scent. It was soft and feminine. He took his seat. "It is Salsa night. We are dancing tonight." Vaughn's eyes became saucers. Kayson snickered. "You just follow my lead."

They ordered drinks and shared a plate of ceviche and fish tacos. Vaughn moved in her seat in time with the music. Her feet tapped under the table. The couples on the dancefloor twirled, swayed and dipped to the beat. The dancing was intricate. Vaughn had serious doubts she would be able to keep up with Kayson if his dancing was anything like that. She turned to notice him staring at her and smiling. She smiled back. "Thanks for inviting me. I must admit, I never get out of the house."

He lifted an eyebrow. "Are you ready?"

She grinned, "As I will ever be."

Kayson stood and helped her to her feet. He walked backward leading her to the dance floor as he swiveled his hips and wiggled his eyebrows. Vaughn dissolved into a fit of giggles. Once his feet stepped on the floor, he pulled her close to him causing her heart to pound. He wrapped his arm around her lower back, making her mimic his movements. She stumbled a little at first because of her own self-consciousness. After a while, she let go and enjoyed the moment. He put his forehead on hers as they flowed with the rhythm of the salsa beat. He pulled away spinning her around. Her head fell back as she laughed.