Vaughn's Choice

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He drew her back against his hard cyclist body. Vaughn tried to ignore the increased wetness between her legs as the swivel of his hips and the firmness of his body made the heat swell within her. As the music ended and people cheered, Kayson captured her lips with his, kissing her slowly and passionately. Vaughn's lips tingled as the kiss came to an end. She looked up into his green eyes and saw the passion there that mirrored her own. "I have been waiting to do that since the first time I laid eyes on you."

Vaughn's heart raced. "I should go."

Kayson frowned, "I'm sorry if I crossed a line. . ."

"No, no, I wanted that kiss, too." She gave him a sweet, shy smile. "But, I should go before I do something I will regret."

The smile that made her swoon graced his face once again. "I'll walk you to your car."

ΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣ

Friday was Vaughn's meeting with the people she selected for her Board of Directors. She could barely contain her joy. Kayson provided his boardroom as a meeting place. He and his lawyer were in attendance. Introductions were made. Vaughn handed out a binder with the proposed by-laws, mission and goals of the foundation. They all agreed that the name, "Holistic Fostering, Inc." would be the official name. The spirited meeting was productive and enlightening. They were off to a good start.

Once all requirements were met to the satisfaction of the lawyer, they adjourned. Kayson was about to ask Vaughn out to lunch but, she received a phone call. He watched as she smiled, speaking to her caller. He moved toward her but she waved goodbye and quickly left. He would call her later.

Vaughn got to the lobby of the building and hurried outside. The driver opened the door, helping her inside. "It seems like an eternity since we last saw one another," Grigori said as he kissed her lightly on the cheek. Her cheek burned with the implant of his lips. "I'm glad your meeting went so well."

Vaughn excitedly told him all about the board meeting and what the others had to offer. He shook his head, listening intently, asking questions and making comments along the way. When they arrived at the spot for her camp, they were met by three men. Grigori introduced them.

"Vaughn this is Seth. He owns a farm not too far from here. We can partner with him for the agricultural component we discussed. He also has orchards and various fruit bearing trees there. The kids can go over and pick fresh fruit and learn about the different animals. He has offered to come over here and help them create their garden.

This is Jon. Jon grew up in foster care. He spent this entire week tirelessly creating a blueprint for the camp. And this man is Sam, he is an interior designer who is into eco-friendly construction and design."

"Hello, all!" Vaughn gave them a smile, clasping her hands together to contain her glee. "I cannot possibly express how excited I am about this new chapter in my life, seeing my vision come to reality for these fragile children."

"Sam and I will help with the camp and wellness center," Jon explained to her.

"I have a landscaper who is going to work with me on the sanctuary end of it as well. There is a plot of suburban land that has lain undeveloped for quite some time. Grigori is looking into acquiring it. I think it has the correct acreage and location to satisfy our needs." Sam added.

"I will take you to see the other location later. I'm confident you will love it. If you do, we will make a firm offer. I gave them a tentative offer pending your approval."

Vaughn looked up into Grigori's eyes. "Grigori, you have done enough already. I cannot ask you to do more." Her eyes plead with him.

"Vaughn, I have been looking for something I could give my whole heart to. This is it." She read between the lines of his statement. He was giving his whole heart and all of his resources to her. It made her heart flutter.

Jon got her attention and led her to a tent. Inside there was a table covered with blueprints. Vaughn welcomed the warmth inside. The weather was colder than usual this particular afternoon. Jon walked her through everything. Vaughn bent over the table, her hands in her coat pockets. It was better than she could ever imagine. The layout took into consideration the landscape and did very little to disturb it. Seth pointed to where the garden should be situated.

Vaughn was amazed and grateful that different kinds of people had come together for a common goal and flowed so well together. When the plans were explained, altered and enriched, the men took their leave.

Vaughn turned to Grigori just as her stomach growled. She blushed, "Excuse me."

He chuckled. "I have something for you." He peeked out of the tent and waved his hand. He stepped back in, smiling that crooked smile of his.

Her stomach growled again as the smell of hot food assaulted her senses. "This is just downright embarrassing."

Grigori took her hand and led her over to a corner with a rug and huge multicolored pillows. He helped her sit and then he sat cross-legged on the floor with her. His driver entered with the food.

He sat the hot food down in front of them in foil containers. Grigori uncovered them. "Well, dig in."

Vaughn tore off a piece of pita bread and dipped it in the jalapeño and cilantro hummus. She moaned as it awakened her taste buds. Grigori put roasted chicken breast on a fork and fed it to her. Her eyes closed as she enjoyed the food. Grigori could not move his eyes from her delectable lips. He almost forgot he was also hungry.

When lunch was completed, Vaughn fell back on the pillows. "I am stuffed!" She looked up and noticed that the tent had a skylight. "Is that snow falling?"

Grigori laid back and looked up. "Seth said there was a chance for light snow today. I guess we have been blessed."

"I forget that it snows out here. I mean, it is only an hour or so drive from the city." She paused. "I've never been in the snow."

"Do you want to go out in it? I don't know how long it is going to last."

"No, I will have other times to experience it that way. I just want to lay here and enjoy it for a moment."

They lay there quietly. Vaughn was surprised at how comfortable the silence was with Grigori. She did not feel compelled to fill their time together with conversation. Their discussions were succinct yet full of information. He knew the depth of her feelings without her voicing them. She turned to look at him. He turned her way and gave her a look that quickened her sex. "Your eyes are captivating."

"So are yours," she whispered back.

His hand reached out to caress her cheek. She leaned in to kiss him. His kiss was searing, causing fire to travel from her lips to every lustful nerve ending in her body. His hands held her firmly as her leg snaked around his thighs. His hand meandered up her back to grasp the curls at the nape of her neck, pulling her lips from his as he nibbled down her neck. Her hands caressed his arms. He stopped and pulled back from her looking into her eyes once again.

"I better stop before I go too far. When you are ready, I have some place I want to take you."

When they emerged from the tent, light flurries were continuing to fall. Vaughn caught a few on her tongue. "What about the tent?"

"They will be here to pick it up soon," Grigori told her as he helped her back into the car.

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

Vaughn walked into her condo and let out a scream. "Really, Vaughn you do tend to fall on the side of the overly dramatic."

"What?" Vaughn asked removing her coat.

"You and the way you are with your suitors." Psyche observed as she snuggled into what was becoming her spot in Vaughn's home. "You know you are going to have to actually have sex before you make up your mind."

"I know! Besides, today it was Grigori who stopped me."

"So are you leaning toward our sweet Grigori the watcher?"

"The Watcher?"

"Yes, that is what his name means. Or are you falling for the healer?"

"Is that what Kayson's name means?"

Psyche nodded. "Do tell, Vaughn, who has the better kiss?"

"I'm not discussing this with you," Vaughn said removing her shoes.

"Fine." Vaughn jumped when there was a knock on the door. "Aren't we on edge today?"

Vaughn turned to open the door. Her mother had already unlocked it with her own key and was entering. "Vaughn, you are starting to worry me. Your messages have been cryptic. What is going on with you?"

"Hello, Mother."

"Oh, Vaughn stop stalling." Mrs. Varnham turned to take a seat when she noticed Psyche. "I didn't know you had company." Her mother stared at the strangely dressed Psyche.

"Mother this is Psyche."

"What an unusual name. Do you go to one of those yoga places that Vaughn likes so much?"

"Oh no, Vaughn and I met in a park. Did you know that Vaughn has two very handsome suitors? That could be the reason she has not been quite herself." Psyche's eyes gleemed with impishness.

"Two suitors?"

"Oh, I must be going." Psyche announced. Vaughn's eyes got big.

"Here, let me get the door for you," She said quickly before Psyche could vanish before her mother's eyes. Psyche looked at her peculiarly then the meaning dawned on her.

"Oh yes." Psyche sashayed to the door. "We'll speak soon, Vaughn." Vaughn closed the door and leaned her back against it.

Mrs. Varnham sat down, a smile adorning her face. "Two suitors? Oh Vaughn honey, I knew you had not entirely given up on love. You sit and tell me about them."

Vaughn took the chair Psyche vacated. She figured there was no harm in telling her mother. She was destined to end up with one of them anyway. "One is named Kayson and the other Grigori. They are both helping me put together my dream of helping the foster children I counsel."

"That's wonderful honey! But, do you want to become romantically involved with men who are helping you on a business project. I mean, don't get me wrong, I want nothing more than for you to find love like I have with your father. I also want you to have success in this endeavor. I know how much it means to you."

Vaughn grinned at her mother. She was the typical pushy mother when it came to settling down, but she always believed in Vaughn's dreams. "I know it is strange and I didn't mean for it to happen. Kayson is fun and very professional. Grigori is intuitive and resourceful."

"Well, sweetheart, don't leave them hanging for too long."

ΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔ

Grigori entered into his room that held the graven images of the Greek gods. He knelt down on a pillow. "Oh great goddess Psyche, hear my plea. Help me win Vaughn's heart."

Psyche appeared before him, conflicted in her spirit. "Grigori, what can I do to aid you, Dear One?"

"There is another that is trying to claim her. How can I get the upper hand?"

Psyche walked around his room as he remained on his knees. She was not sure she could share his devotion. Would he still call on her when he had Vaughn's heart? For the first time in her life, Psyche felt regret. She should not have pulled her precious Grigori into this little game of hers and Eros'. "Grigori, I'm sorry, I cannot aid you in this quest." She said and vanished.

ΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦ

Psyche returned to Eros' side, unable to look him in the face. "Have you fallen for the motal?" Eros asked her incredulously.

"No, beloved. As you said before, many have forgotten us. Grigori was like an oasis in a dry land."

Eros' was not buying her explaination at all. But he would let her have her secrets. "You should have never offered him up. In doing so, sadly, you have injured yourself, while trying to punish Kayson."

ΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘ

Kayson sat on the porch watching the sunrise. Another Saturday and he longed to be with Vaughn. Talking to her everyday on the phone was not enough. His Yiayia found him. "You should beseech the goddess Psych for help or Eros." Kayson looked at her. He thought about it. Psyche might merely play with him after he offended her on her first visit. Maybe Eros was the one to help.

Yiayia took him into her room and together they called on the god Eros. Eros appeared and smiled at Yiayia making her a giddy young maiden full of youth and vigor. Kayson did a double take. "You summoned me?"

"Uh, yeah," Kayson said trying to pull his eyes away from his youthful grandmother. "Uh, great god Eros, I need your help in gaining Vaughn's love and trust."

"I see." What good is a contest if the participants are not of equal skill and knowledge? Eros decided to help. If both men knew the key to Vaughn's heart, it would be that much harder for her to choose. Eros gave a bemused smile. "Vaughn has been without sensual love for years now because someone broke her heart. Amazingly, her heart is still open, she just refuses to admit it. Remind her of what she is missing."

"Okay, make love to Vaughn. Can't say I'm upset about the prospect of laying her in my bed." He turned to look at his Yiayia and then back to Eros. "So. . .Is my grandmother going to stay like that?"

"I don't know. My dear, is it your wish to stay as you are or return to your wizened beautiful self?"

"May I enjoy it for a time?"

Eros nodded. "I will give you six months in this youthful body. I will accept your final choice in six months. Why don't you travel? It has always been your heart's desire." And with that, the god Eros made his exit. The next day, Kayson gave his grandmother unlimited access to his private jet.

ΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣ

Kayson put on soft music and laid out a charcuterie plate. He opened a bottle of his favorite wine. He called Vaughn earlier and invited her over. She was due any minute now. The chime of the doorbell stirred his libido. He took a deep breath and went to let her in.

Vaughn stood outside of Kayson's door. She had been there for five minutes, telling herself she was ready. When he opened the door, he took her breath away. He was in a casual buttoned-down shirt with the top two buttons open. His bottom half was covered in jeans that left little to the imagination. His smile broadened as he let her in. "Come into my web, said the spider to the fly," Vaughn said looking into those crazy seafoam green eyes.

Kayson threw his head back and laughed. "You make me sound like some sort of predator. I'm not, I promise." He led her into the living room and poured her a glass of wine. Vaughn sat on the edge of the couch. She almost drank the entire glass of wine in one gulp. "Slow down Triple V. Nothing is going to happen tonight that you don't want to happen." She looked at him and downed the rest. He chuckled as he raised the bottle to her. She shook her head letting him know she wanted a refill. She downed that too.

Kayson stood and held out his hand. Tentatively she took it. He pulled her close and swayed to the music. Vaughn put her arms on his shoulders, her fingers playing in his ebony hair. He pulled her closer. She let out a sharp gasp. "Kayson, um, it's been a while. . ."

"Are you feeling buzzed, Vaughn?"

"A little, but not enough to impair my judgment."

"I told you nothing will happen tonight that you do not want to happen and I mean that."

"There's. . .there is another man I'm interested in."

Kayson's heart sunk. He pulled away a little to look at her face. "Oh, I see."

"Um, I just did not want any misunderstanding. I am also interested in you."

"What is it that you want, Vaughn?"

"I wish I knew. I haven't really been open to relationships and love."

Kayson pulled her in tighter, his breath tantalizing her neck. He whispered in her ear, "what do you want tonight, Triple V?

Her breathing quickened with fear and longing. "To make love to you."

Kayson's eyes closed at her words. He wanted to sweep her off her feet right that minute and whisk her off to the bedroom, but he didn't. "We will see if that is still how you feel in about an hour."

He continued to dance with her, enjoying her scent and the closeness of her body. There was one more thing he wanted to do with her. As the song they were dancing to ended, he took her hand and grabbed the bottle of wine. She picked up their now empty glasses by their stems.

Kayson led Vaughn toward the back of the house where there was an elevator hidden away. They entered. Vaughn was tempted to ask questions, but she decided to just let things unfold. When the elevator opened again, they were on the roof. He flipped a switch on the side of the elevator and led her over to a pile of heavy blankets and heaters. He quickly wrapped her in a blanket and pulled out a pair of gloves to keep her hands warm. He knew it wouldn't take much time for the heaters to work their magic.

He wrapped himself in a blanket and donned his gloves. He poured them another glass of wine.

"It is beautiful up here."

"I thought you would like it."

"Wow those heaters are really kicking in," she remarked as she began to no longer notice the cold of the evening. She brought the glass to her lips and sipped.

"Is it too hot?"

"No."

Kayson pulled the third blanket over both of them so that they could get closer. He laid her back on the big soft pillows. Vaughn snuggled up next to him. Kayson felt contentment wash over him. Vaughn wasn't the first woman he had brought up here but she was the first to lay here contentedly next to him enjoying the view. He loved her laid back, easy going demeanor. He loved the fact that she wasn't on social media or text messaging someone ever five minutes. When she was with him, she was with him.

After a while, Kayson noticed a change in her breathing and turned his head to see her sleeping. He hated to stir her but he uncovered them and lifted her in his arms. She snuggled into his neck. He grinned as he carried her the short way to the elevator. He took her into his spare room, removed her shoes and her gloves before placing her between the sheets.

ΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦ

Vaughn awoke to knocking on the door. She was disoriented at first, not knowing where she was. Then Vaughn was embarrassed when she realized she had fallen asleep on Kayson. She knew she looked a mess but before she could do anything, Kayson walked in with breakfast on a tray.

"I know my hair is crazy."

He laughed. "Yes, it is like a big curly halo." He sat the tray on her lap and sat down beside her.

"Sorry about last night."

"There is nothing to apologize for. I had a great time with you last night. Do you have plans for today?"

"Not really, I usually spend Sundays reading some manner of fiction to escape the harsh realities of what my patients live through every day."

"Well if you don't mind me interrupting your reading plans, I have something I would like us to do today."

She grinned. "What?"

"I'm not telling you. It is a surprise. I picked you up something to wear and including undergarments. I hope that I gauged your size right. Eat up and while you are in the shower, which is right through that door," he pointed, "I will lay your clothes on the bed."

He lifted from the bed and walked out.

Vaughn was not one for tight clothes so although the outfit was extremely comfortable, she felt self-conscious. "So have you guessed what we are doing today?" Kayson asked when she walked into the living room.

"No." She noticed that he was dressed in the same manner.

"Come, let's put you out of your misery." He took her hand and led her out of the door.

She laughed when she saw the bikes. "I have not ridden a bicycle in years."

"Good, then today is a good day to begin anew." They walked the bikes to the elevator and then across the street to the huge public park. Kayson helped her with her helmet and watched her ride for a moment to make sure she was okay. They spent the next couple of hours riding through the park and then out into the city. They stopped at one of his favorite restaurants for gyros. Kayson tried to ignore the way she looked in her bicycle gear. It showed every curve. If he thought he was in trouble before, now he truly was.