Blueprints Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, eh, well..." Zara stuttered awkwardly, her dark eyes dropping from Joanna's gaze. "My, eh, my parents are going to come through the night before; we'll have some dinner, they'll stay here and drop me off in the morning." Zara explained in a quiet, apologetic tone, "I'm sorry, its jus-"

"I see," Joanna interrupted in a disappointed tone, uncharacteristically losing the ability to mask her feelings.

"I'm really sorry, Joanna," Zara said quickly before continuing her explanation in the same fast pace. "I'd love you to come, really, its just they don't know about us and its not that they'll mind, its just I've never told them abou-"

"Zara," the professor said calmly, regaining her cool as her slender hands cupped the young woman's reddening face, "I understand." It wasn't a lie; she could appreciate that families banded together at even the simplest things such as a holiday. The concept was just rather... foreign? "You do whatever feels right. We'll see each other during the week, all right?"

"I could call and tell them you'll be-"

"No!" Joanna snapped, causing Zara to flinch. What was it about this maddening woman which had her unable to control her emotions? "Sorry, I didn't mean it like that, Zara. I just don't want you telling them over the phone; its never a good idea," she continued smoothly, covering her tracks. "Trust me," why should she? "don't worry about saying anything, honestly."

"I want to tell them though," Zara pressed, the potential gravity of doing so hitting her for the first time. "I'd like you to, you know, meet them at some point."

"There's no rush," Joanna shrugged, selfishly brushing off the gesture.

"If you're sure?" the young woman said uncertainly, "But we'll see each other before I go? Because, I'm really going to miss you."

"I know. I'll miss you too, darling," Joanna sighed, before kissing the young woman's forehead. "Having said that," she smirked, opening the car door, "you'll be having way too much fun to think about me."

The young woman granted Joanna an almost hurt, unconvinced look which tugged at the woman's heart. "I love you, Jo."

"Jo?" Joanna scoffed.

"Part of your relinquishing. You know, its less formal." Zara shrugged, a cocky smile now tugging at her lips. "Plus, I like it."

"Well, if you like it, who am I to argue?" Joanna smirked, the smile growing to split her face as the young woman bestowed another giddy expression upon her. "I love you, Zara."

Having watched the young woman safely enter her home Joanna pressed the ignition, bringing the vehicle to life. "What are you playing at?" she muttered to herself as she sped down the quiet street.