Broadcast News

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Then, she began in radio, but knew she wanted to go to TV. When a sign with her body was put outside the radio station, she began to get offers to go on the local TV station. However, the radio station had an iron clad contract with her. A few nights with the manager got her out of it and she was on her way.

She was an instant hit as the weather girl at the TV station and soon , the station which she was with bought out her contract and now, she was in Chicago. To finish, she told him that after last nights outburst by her father, which she understood, she felt it was important for her to tell him what her prior life had been.

She was slightly teary eyed. He asked her if she was alright and she said yes, that she had never talked about her condition with anyone, she just did it.

Jerry didn't say anything for a couple of minutes while he collected his thoughts. She watched him as he put his chin on his hand and looked at her.

He told her he had a few questions to ask her and would she answer them. She simply nodded them. His first question was about them. Was he the only one and her answer was no. she had three men going at the same time, two didn't work at the station, but lived in her apartment. One was white and one was black. When he asked if any of them wore protection and knew about each other, her answer was no and no.

For some reason this didn't surprise him. He then told her that, for his own safety, he wouldn't have sex with her anymore unless her other lovers wore condoms. Not only protection for him, it was for her as well. Having multiple partners was highly risky. He also said that he had enjoyed their time together and he wanted more, but he would have to think about having sexual relationships anymore with her.

He then told her that he was going to cancel the trip to the Bahamas and their trip here. He would let her know when their flight back to Chicago would be, hopefully, sometime today would be alright with him.

He never raised his voice or accused her of anything. He just hoped that after this affair, nothing would happen to him. He said he would call her as soon as he knew anything.

He called the travel agent who made the arrangements. They would be taking an early afternoon flight back to Chicago with a stop over in Washington, DC. There were no express flights right now, and, they would have to sit in coach. Jerry told him it was alright. He then called Jane and told her about the change in plans and all that it involved. He would have a taxi pick them up as his limo driver was also on vacation with his family and he didn't want to disturb him. Her voice was no longer sexy in his ear as she pleaded with him to stay the rest of the week.

He told her the trip to the Bahamas was supposed to be a romantic cruise, but, from what she had told him, it was no longer a viable option for them. As far as he was concerned, this relationship was over with.

He shaved and showered and got dressed and went down, by himself, to the restaurant and had a late breakfast. He then went to the hotel store and mailed out a couple of post cards that he knew wouldn't reach the people before he got home. To his surprise, they also had disc with post cards on them that he could e mail. He got one and took it to his room and turned on his laptop, plugged it in and sent a pile to all his co-workers letting all of them know that he would be coming home early.

Early that afternoon, Jerry and Jane packed their luggage into the back of the limo and got in and rode to the airport in silence. Jerry and Jane both avoided eye contact and looked out the window to the beach and buildings.

He realized that he wasn't really mad at her. He wanted to be with her. She was the most amazing lover that he had ever been with. All because of her experience with sex. Her body was to die for, and, if he continued to be with her, that might just be what happened to him.

They boarded the plane, sitting next to each other. At one point, as he looked out the window, she tried to grab his hand and hold it. He moved his hand sharply away from her touch. She might want more from him, but that was out of the question for now.

When he got home, he would have blood tests done to make sure he was still healthy. For all he knew, she was a carrier and didn't even know it.

It was dark when the taxi let her out at her apartment. Jerry helped her to her room with her luggage, and, without saying a word, he turned and left her. He got back into the cab and went to his own apartment. He was tired from the flight and the vacation. He still had the rest of the week to go and absolutely no plans. He checked his voice mail and there was nothing. He ordered a pizza and got a beer out of the fridge. He turned on the White Sox game and ate the pizza.

For the rest of the week, Jane expected Jerry to call her and apologize for what he did. She too had no plans except tell her two other lovers that their affair was over with. She did this by creating an argument accusing them of seeing other women. That always worked for her and she had the argument down pat.

Monday finally came and she went to her office and got briefed on the weather conditions. It was the middle of the tornado season and she had a lot of information to give out. She checked her voice mail and her e mail to find a mass mailing from Jerry of a post card from Miami. She began to cry. Even though he understood her condition, he had to play it safe. Maybe, she could get him to change his mind someday.

She walked into make up where they usually talked about work or his 'speeches', but he was already in the studio, re-reading his lines over the teleprompter.

The sportscaster was on vacation this week, and a very tall, leggy blonde, named Harley was in his place. Harley normally worked the weekend, being the sportscaster's understudy. Jerry's co-anchor was also on vacation, so he would do the news by himself. He didn't mind at all, but kept re-reading his lines in his mike. When the director told them over the speaker that it was time, his make up artist came out and combed his hair one more time and spotted his nose.

The cameras were already at the right angles and Jerry heard the music and the announcer in the back ground. He settled in his chair and was ready to go.

A half hour later, they were done. Normally, Jerry would have some words with the rest of the team, but, today, he didn't, he just did his job. Maybe it was because of the co-anchor not being there, but somehow, Jane didn't think so.

He walked past her like she didn't even exist as she tried to get his attention. Warren, the studio manager asked if everything was alright between them that Jerry had not said anything and she told him that they were no longer an item and she didn't want to talk about it.

Warren then went to Jerry's office where he was already getting ready to go to dinner and sat down in the chair in front of Jerry's desk and asked what the hell was going on. Warren wanted details, but Jerry told him he might find out the hard way and not to give in to her charms for his own safety. That left Warren scratching his bald head and he walked out of the office completely messed up. Since the two of them didn't want to talk about it, he couldn't make them. After all, it was personal and, as long as they did their job, there was nothing he could do about it.

The next day at his apartment, Jerry got a call from his manager. Gordon had an offer to do another speech, this one televised with Jerry and Jane doing a skit together. Jerry told him they were no longer seeing each other and he didn't want to do it. Even though the price was great, Jerry refused saying he wasn't interested. He hung up when Gordon asked what was wrong with him.

He went to his office and got his staff together to begin writing the broadcast. They all sat in his large office with legal pads and individually went over each part of it. Once the script would be written, he would have to read it and he would be timed. Every second counted and today was a busy news day. Still, for some reason, he couldn't concentrate and kept blowing his lines.

He checked his e mail and found a return on one. It was from Jane. It was the electronic postcard he had sent to everyone, including her. She wrote on it that she DIDN'T have a good time, but thanks for nothing. He wanted to swing back, but decided to delete the mail and get on with his life.

Wednesday, he went to his doctor who he told about having possible sexual transmitted diseases and he wanted to be checked out. His doctor took some blood and urine tests and told him that he would call him back in a couple of days. Jerry told him to leave a voice mail and he would pick it up.

Maybe it was after everything happened between them, but now, Jerry didn't see Jane as a sexual being. On he newscast, he did his thing to introduce her, but no jokes were between them. Jane gave him a hurtful look as she began her presentation. To Jerry, it seemed that she had changed her sexiness. Maybe, for him, it just wasn't there anymore. Still, he thought, they could have had a good time together. Too bad she was, as her father said, a slut. In this case, father knew best.

He sat in his office after the broadcast and changed out of his suit into some casual gym clothes. The studio had a gym in the building for employees to work out and he felt he needed some running time. The gym covered almost all of the floor and there was a running track on it. Although narrow, it was a good run. He did this, when he could, about three times a week. He needed to get some anger out of his system and there were bags for boxing.

He ran five miles on the 1/8th mile track, then put on a pair of light weight boxing gloves and began pounding a bag that was free. This time of night the gym had hardly any people working out, so the echo of his hits bounced off the walls.

Then, to his surprise, he heard a voice asking if it was her that he was hitting and why didn't he take a shot since she was standing right there. He turned to look at Jane. He grabbed a towel without saying a word and worked the gloves off his hands. She had an icy stare in her eyes and wanted to fight, but he would have none of it. She asked why he hadn't answered any of her voice mail or e mail and he told her that he didn't want to talk to her about it. He then told her he had gone to his doctors for a check up to see whether she was carrying anything and he would let her know when he did. She slapped him across the face.

Jerry knew that he had a bad temper, and the one thing that turned it on was physical confrontation. Now, he was angry and his eyes turned into narrow slits as he walked towards her with stomping feet. He told her that he had never hit a woman in his life, but, he could make an exception. He told her how dare her for making love with him, unprotected, and knowing and doing what you do. You should be ashamed of yourself. Instead, you're probably still fucking those other two guys and maybe you'll get pregnant or even worse. But that's your problem, not mine. I thought we had something special. But now i know i was just another one of the men you love to conquer with your body. If you had any pride in yourself, you would have told me beforehand so that i wouldn't fall in love with you like i have. But it doesn't make any difference. We're not a couple, we're not anything, go on and fuck everyone else here. I'm sure they'll enjoy it. After all, you sure know how to use that body.

Jane fell down in a burst of tears and sat on the floor. None of her lovers ever told her that they were falling in love with her. It was always sex. The wham, bam, thank you ma'am that she enjoyed and so did they. This was different. He told her that he was falling in love with her.

Jerry walked away from her and headed towards the locker room. In a way, he thought she might follow him. After all, it wouldn't embarrass her to see some more swinging dicks. She might enjoy it, watching men hide in their lockers until she left. But no. he showered and put on his clothes and headed out the locker room door to the main hallway.

Jane was waiting across the hall from the door. Her eyes looked swollen from crying and her make up had run. She either didn't have a tissue or didn't care what she looked like.

The hot shower and the work out had invigorated him. Along with his hot words to Jane, he felt a load off his shoulders. Now, she stood, leaning against the wall. He told her that he had to go and to have a good life. But she wasn't ready to do that yet.

She instead told him that she had to talk to him. He told her to go ahead and talk as they entered a crowded elevator. She stood next to him and tried to take his hand, but he pulled away. His temper was flaring again and once they got out of the elevator, he asked what she wanted of him.

For a minute, she collected her thoughts. In their quick argument, Jerry had woken up something in her, besides sex. Something a woman, or person, always wanted to hear. That they were loved. To peak his interest, she tried to offer to buy him dinner, but he told her that he had just lost his appetite. He walked quickly toward his limo and she ran after him. Jerry gave the driver the cut sign and the driver closed the door after Jerry got in, got in the driver seat and left Jane standing there, shaking. He was in love with her.

The next day was the same routine for both of them. Jerry now had his hair stylist and make up artist come to his office while he went over the script with his staff. This way, he could avoid seeing Jane until they were in the studio.

Warren came in and told Jerry that George, Jane's understudy, would be doing the weather tonight as she called in sick. Jerry almost wanted to pick up the phone to see if she was okay. His staff made the changes and they re-read the script. He was ready.

There was no e mail from her, but a voice mail saying that she wanted to talk to him without arguing. She had something to say to him, and then, it was up to him what to do from there.

He erased the voice mail, then dialed her home phone number. She told him that she would have Chinese take out for him, all of his favorites, when he got there after the broadcast. He said he would be there in about an hour or so.

The broadcast went smoothly. Jerry changed out of his suit and put on his casual clothes that he usually went to work with. He then left the building and told the limo driver to drive to Jane's apartment.

He knocked on her door and she met him in light summer dress. As always, she looked good. This time, however, she didn't have any make up on and she looked even better to him. She told him that she hadn't ordered yet and picked up the phone and did so. He sat down in the only chair in her apartment.

He would not sit on the couch with her. He made sure, by his physical self, that he was not interested in her.

While they waited, Jane said that she had seen the broadcast and that he didn't look good on it. Jerry told her that he was still worried about his health and would be getting the information from the doctor tomorrow. She nodded.

The food along with a bottle of plum wine, came and she set it up on her coffee table along with foam plates. They dug in and ate in silence, Jane watching his every move. Maybe, she thought, she should have waited until he got the results of his test back, but, she couldn't anymore.

After they ate, she poured him and her both a glass of the wine and she sat on the couch. As were all her dresses, this one was short and she pulled the hem down to give a more womanly appearance. She then began by telling him that she had broken off with her other lovers as soon as she came home.

Since they had been together, she told him that she hadn't been with anyone else. She then told him that she, like he with her, was falling in love with him and didn't want to be with anyone else but him any longer. Maybe it was his attitude that had changed her, or the fact that he said he was falling in love with her, she didn't know. All she did know was that she didn't need anyone else any more, except him. The days of fucking everyone in sight no longer interested her.

Jerry listened. Maybe it was all true. He told her that maybe, and it was a big maybe, it was true. However, there were a number of things that he had to think about. First and foremost, the results of his doctor's visit. Second, how long could she go without him and him without her. Jerry told her that he still wanted to be with her, and what he said in anger about falling in love with her was true, but, he couldn't trust her right now. His mind would have to get right.

She asked him to stay after he told her it was time to go home. She tried to kiss him as she held the door open for him but he, once again pulled away. She went to bed crying all night long.

The next day, Jerry called his doctor and the doctor told him that all the tests came back negative. He was in good health. The problem was that one of the tests wouldn't be completed for a month as it had to germinate. Jerry thanked him and felt somewhat relieved. Still, the one bothered him.

In a better light, she was back to work the next day, although eyes were puffy a little. She looked drawn and tired. He guessed that she hadn't slept. After rehearsal, which went well, he went up to her and told her that,so far, the tests came back normal. She gave him a slight smile and congratulated him. She gave her hand out to him and he shook it. Still, when she went to kiss him, he pulled away. She guessed her toys would keep her company for the next month.

She decided right then and there, that she wanted him and wanted to keep him. Her expertise, once she got him back in bed, would keep him satisfied. Maybe marriage and a family and a nice house somewhere in the suburbs. But that was a long way away.

Everyone came back from vacation by the next week and the crew was back together. The next four weeks were daily routines for all involved except for a baby shower which Jane and Jerry were both invited. He stood, with other men, opposite the women. The woman was in her eighth month and was leaving on maternity leave for six months. At that time, she could either come back to her position or leave the company voluntarily.

The whole time, Jane kept her eye on Jerry. He was just talking to the men and they were laughing into their coffee cups. Maybe he was checking out whether she was making the rounds in the studio. No, her toys were going through batteries at a fantastic rate. She would have to buy stock in EverReady if she was going to keep going.

The month went past slowly for both of them until Jerry got the news that the test was negative as well. She was correct, she didn't have any diseases. But, he was afraid to date until he knew the facts. Now, he was ready and horny.

He asked one of the girls out that had filled in for his secretary while she was on vacation. He picked her up in his limo and they had a nice time, but the girl seemed nervous and all they talked about was work and what people were saying and doing. Jerry didn't enjoy work politics that much and the date ended with him dropping her off at her family's home a few hours later.

He hated the dating scene, but had heard, through the rumor mill that Jane was dating a junior executive of the company. Everyday now, they would say hello in the studio and hallway, but nothing came of it.

Then something did happen. Jane had gotten a hold of a story that the newly elected mayor had some ghosts in his closet. She was double checking her sources to make sure that she wasn't going for a ride. Since Jerry knew so many of the politicians around town, she asked him for his help. The mayor was a democrat, so, the word, he told her, had to come from one of his own. Anything the republicans knew would be embellished upon.