Cant Help Who You Fall In Love With

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
lover1988
lover1988
209 Followers

"Ok, let's get Trauma 1 ready. Page Doctor Patel and Doctor Williams." Megan told a few other nurses as she was in charge while Nurse Adams was on break.

A few minutes later, Medic 12 arrived at the doors to the ER entrance. They rolled her to Trauma 1 with Doctor Williams taking lead. Megan was adding another bag to the IV drip when she looked at the face of the girl.

"Oh God, LISA!" Megan said out loud.

"Megan, you know her?" Doctor Williams asked.

"She's my daughter!" Megan said back to him. "Lisa, why baby why?" Megan said to Lisa as she lay on the medical bed still unconscious.

"Jennifer, take Megan out of here." Doctor Williams said to another nurse. Jennifer did as asked and took Megan by her arms and led her out of the room. Megan began crying as her little darling Lisa lay in the room being worked on. She just fell to the ground even as Jennifer tried to calm her and reassure her that Lisa would be ok even as Lisa stopped breathing again and was a code blue. Megan sat watching as they worked to revive her. Doctor Williams then told one of the nurses to close the curtains blocking Megan's view.

________________

Thirty minutes later, Doctor Hank Williams came out of the room and went to sit next to Megan. He let out a long breath and looked at Megan.

"She is stable now, she coded for three minutes. Her BP is coming up slowly; she sliced her arm up really hard. We are running a few tests, but we think she will be ok. I'm going to keep her in an induced coma for the next 36-48 hours. Is there anything I can get you?" Hank asked her.

"I just need to be by her side!" Megan said to him.

"Okay, well move her in a few hours to a room upstairs. I called the Nurse manager and told her the situation. She said to take as much time as you need and to let her know if you need anything." He said to her.

"Thanks Hank." Megan said while wiping her tears away.

A few hours later they moved her to the sixth floor. She was still in the induced coma while her body was healing. Megan sat by her side the entire time except to use the bathroom. A few of the nurses stopped by to bring her food and give her their prayers.

______________________

Megan sat next to Lisa touching her hand when there was a knock on the door. Megan turned to look and saw Manda and her mother Penny were at the door.

"You can come in!" Megan said to them.

"Miss Davis, I'm sorry. Is there anything I can do or get you?" Penny said to her.

"Prayer's! Thank you for checking on her when you did Manda. Any longer and they may not have been able to save her. Did you know about her and Will being together?" Megan asked.

"Yes, I liked Will very much and could see how much they cared for one another." Manda said to her.

"I knew too as Amanda and I have a very open relationship. Sometimes our kids will do something that we don't like, but once they are adults they have to live with what they do." Jenny said to them both.

"I just didn't think she would have done this. I was worried as she didn't go to school Wednesday or return my call. That's why I went and checked on her." Manda said to them as they looked at Lisa in her current state.

"They are keeping her in a coma for the next 36 to 48 hours. And I will be here by her side to see her through this and for the rest of my life." Megan said to them.

______________________

Lisa slowly opened her eyes feeling a tube down her throat helping her breathe. She saw the white ceiling above her and then she looked to her left and saw the brightness coming from the window. She squinted and then saw her mother sleeping in the chair next to her bed. She went to move her arm and felt the tug of a restraint. She looked at it and realized that her other arm was also in a restraint. She began to cry realizing that she had failed in her attempt to be with Will.

Just then a nurse came in and checked on her. "Lisa, can you hear me?" The nurse asked her.

Lisa nodded her head in response.

"Megan!" She then said trying to wake her up. Slowly, Megan opened her eyes and looked at Lisa who was looking at her. Megan leaned forward and ran her hand through Lisa's hair and then kissed her forehead.

"I'm going to go get Doctor Edmondson." The nurse said to them.

While she was gone, Megan ran her hand through Lisa's hair calming her as she had tears forming in her eyes. "It's ok Lisa. I'm here for you."

The nurse along with two others and doctor Edmondson came in. They talk to Lisa and explained that they were going to remove her breathing tube. They slowly removed the tube from her mouth and told her not to talk for a little while. Thirty minutes later, Lisa began to try and talk.

"Mom, I'm sorry!" She whispered to Megan.

"I forgive you sweetie." Megan said as she held Lisa's right hand.

"I just didn't want to live without Will." Lisa said while looking out the window of the hospital room.

"I know Lisa. We will talk more, okay. Just rest for now." Megan told her.

___________________

"I'm doctor James Edmondson; I've been taking care of you since you came upstairs. How are you feeling today?" He asked Lisa.

"Sick, I puked this morning." Lisa replied.

"Yeah! Okay if I undo these restraints, will you behave and not hurt yourself?"

"Yes." Lisa replied to him.

"Okay, so you will be here for a week or so why you're looked over. Um, your mother has asked to speak with you alone." He said to her and looked at Megan. "I'll let you two talk in private." He walked out of the room and closed the door.

"Lisa, I wanted to say that I'm sorry for leaving like I did that night. It shocked me and also scared me that you and Will were together and even more so since it was happening right under my nose. I ran out that night hoping it was just not real. When you came in to the ER and I realized it was you, I stopped doing my job to try and ask you why. It took me a while as I sat in this room to figure out the answer to that question. You don't want to live without Will. I can understand that as while you were critical, I had that exact same thought. You're all I have left Lisa. I owe Manda everything for finding you when she did." Megan said to Lisa all the while tears were streaming from her eyes.

"I'm sorry mom; I just couldn't bear the thoughts of living without Will. I lost my love." Lisa replied with a somewhat frog stuck in her throat sound.

"Lisa I have to ask; did you ever have sex with anyone else?" Megan asked.

"Just Will mom, why? Lisa replied and asked.

"Lisa, I don't know how to tell you this. Baby, you're pregnant!" Megan told her.

"I'm pregnant?" Lisa asked.

"Yeah, the OB doctor believes your about six weeks along. That's why they are keeping you for a week or so, they are concerned that you could miscarry due to the injury." Megan said while fighting the tears.

"I'm sorry mom, if I had known." Lisa began to say.

"It's okay Lisa. The important thing is that you're still here and the baby is hopefully going to be ok." Megan replied and grabbed her right hand and squeezed it.

Their conversation was cut short as a nurse came in to undo her restraints. Lisa felt sad but at the same time had found some hope. Hope that she could be a mother, hope that she could give life to the one thing she had unknowingly been carrying since the day Will left Jackson, Mississippi.

___________________

Megan watched as Lisa was sleeping when there was a slight knock on the door. She got up and went to it to find Manda and Penny waiting on the other side.

"Hey Manda, Hey Ms. James. She's doing ok, we had a good talk." Megan replied.

"Can I speak with Lisa?" Manda asked.

"Yeah, I'll walk around with Penny while you and her talk."

_____________________

Manda went inside and shook Lisa for a moment to wake her up. A few seconds later and Lisa opened her eyes. "Hey Southern Girl! Wakey Wakey!"

"Hey Manda! I'm sorry!" Lisa said to her.

"Just don't ever do anything like that again. You scared me Lisa! I found you in the tub like that." Manda replied.

"I didn't think, I didn't know what I know now." Lisa replied.

"What's that Lisa, that people love you like me and your mom." Manda replied.

"I'm pregnant Manda! I'm carrying Will's child!" Lisa said to her and began crying. Manda reached over and hugged her tightly knowing she was hurting. "I'm carrying our child and Will won't be here to see it." Lisa cried out.

"I'm sure Will is watching you and will be watching his child! You just have to keep hope alive. I'll be here for you; your mom will be here for you too." Manda said to her.

___________________

Megan and Penny wandered the halls of the hospital while Lisa and Manda were talking. Penny wasn't a close friend but through their daughter's friendship, they were perhaps finding a bond.

"How are you doing Megan?" Penny asked.

"Shocked, hurt, and feeling torn to bits." Megan replied.

"At least she is still here! I lost a friend to depression and know how you feel." Penny said to her.

"Penny, Lisa's pregnant!" Megan said to her and put her hands over her face. Penny wrapped her arms around Megan to comfort her.

"Is it Will's?" Penny asked.

"She says it is." Megan replied.

"All we can do is be there for her and the baby Megan. I didn't have that luxury when I was pregnant with Amanda. She will need you now more than ever." Penny said to her.

"I know, I'm just in shock over all of it. I lose Will, find out that he and Lisa were lovers and then for Lisa to try and kill herself, and then we find out she is pregnant. I've had one hell of a week."

"I bet!" Penny replied.

Later on, Megan and Penny returned to the room to find Lisa and Manda talking about school. Megan looked out the window to see the bright blue skies. She then looked at Lisa who had a smile on her face for the first time in the last month.

________________

Lisa sat in the chair looking at the picture of her and William that was made so long ago which was held by her left hand. The scar of that day was still on her left wrist. Before her, sat her two beautiful Identical twin 17 year old daughters, Mary and Leanne Davis. Both had shiny blonde hair and green eyes. They all had tears in their eyes as Lisa had just told them the story of who their father was and how they got together and how she lost him. She told them about how she tried to kill herself which made Lisa cry over the whole ordeal.

"You see girls, that's why your father isn't on the birth certificate. Your father, my brother was the best thing in my life until you two came along. I nearly didn't make it through that week but I did! Both of you and your grandmother helped me to stay alive and keep hope. I love you both very much."

"So our dad was your brother." Leanne asked.

"Yes baby, he was. I loved him very much and he even to this day still holds my heart. He was my first and only valentine" Lisa said wiping always the tears that streamed down her face.

"So that's why you didn't say anything when I started dating Jimmy?" Mary asked seeing as Jimmy was their cousin. Lisa and Manda stayed close and considered each other and their mothers to be family. Jimmy was Manda and Michael Reinhart's oldest son who was 15.

"Yes Mary, Jimmy isn't blood related but I still consider him to be my nephew. I of all people realize that you can't help who you fall in love with."

"Now I understand mom. Thank you for everything mom." Leanne said to her and got up to hug her. Leanne hugged her mom and looked at Mary. "I'm sorry Leanne that I called you a slut and an incestuous bitch for sleeping with Jimmy."

Mary got up and joined the hug. "It's ok Leanne! I forgive you." She then kissed Leanne on the mouth.

"Don't kiss me; you just got done blowing Jimmy!" Leanne said.

"You're just jealous she got Jimmy!" Lisa said to Leanne with a smile on her face.

"I am not!" Leanne replied.

"Leanne, it's okay to sleep with your cousin in this family. You could always sleep with Jesse on his birthday!" Lisa told her as Jesse was one week away from his 18th birthday.

"MOM!" Leanne said to her.

"You two are so silly. But that's why I love you girls, I see so much of William and myself in both of you." Lisa said to them.

"Mom, happy valentine's day." Leanne said out loud.

"Happy Valentine's to both of you as well." Lisa replied with a tears in her eyes as she looked at the picture of her long lost soul mate, William Henry Davis.

**************************

The End.

Thanks for reading and I hope it was a tear jerker.

lover1988
lover1988
209 Followers