Extenuating Circumstances Ch. 01B

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Surprisingly, her barstool was still empty, and she quietly sat down, thanking the bartender when he brought her another glass of chilled white wine.

Drinking down half the glass instantly, he looked at her and asked if she was alright, to which she quickly nodded.

"You sure?" he asked again. "You were taking so long in the restroom I was about to have one of the waitresses check on you," he said.

Suzanne thanked him again for his concern, telling him she was fine, asking for another drink as she guzzled down the rest of her glass. Bringing her a second glass of wine, she thanking him as he told her there was again no charge.

Her encounter in the back hallway had left Suzanne in a state of shock, a bag of nerves, and she tried to push the thoughts of what happened from her mind. Turning and looking through the bar, she saw the college guys were seated on the other end of the lounge, plenty of distance between them and her, but all their eyes still focused upon her. She quickly turned away as Chad met her gaze, his intense lecherous gaze causing her breath to hitch and her heart to flutter once again.

David was where he was earlier, taking up a booth by himself. Seeing several empty glasses on his table she knew as long as he kept drinking, they would let him have the table to himself as she turned to look at herself in the mirror behind the bar. She once again did not see the care-free, happily married twenty-three-year-old she was used to, but instead a woman dressed for sex, her long wavy 'bronde' hair cascading over her shoulders to rest upon the tanned swell of her breasts, which were once again practically hanging out of her cocktail dress.

She wondered if she was losing weight, not remembering the dress shifting so much or being this revealing as she again thought back to the first time she had acquired it—and the more momentous events which followed...

********************

Suzanne, David, and Henry had sat down and eaten their sandwiches while watching television. The soccer game had ended and they were watching some Nature show as they chatted, Suzanne attempting to push the ghost sensations of her neighbor's intimate groping from her mind.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Henry mentioned he was planning on going out of town to a convention soon.

Being neighbors, Suzanne and David offered to watch his house as Henry shook his head.

"It's only for a day, so I don't really need to have anybody watch the house," he told them. "It's not like I have pets or any indoor plants," he laughed. "I plan on driving down Friday, see the exhibits, and come back Saturday," he said with almost a sigh of sadness.

David told him, "Well, the offer's good anytime. We would ask the same of you if we went anywhere," he said to the old man's thanks. "But you don't sound too thrilled," David added, as Suzanne nodded in agreement.

"Oh, the convention is interesting enough," Henry explained to them. "It's all landscaping stuff and whatnot, so it's good to keep up on the latest trends," he said. "It's just that in the evening there is always this fancy cocktail party dinner thing," he said. "I always feel out of place. It's like the neighborhood parties, where I'm more on the outskirts. Marge used to love that part of the conventions, and we would dance all night until the band left. Now it's more of a reminder of what I have lost than any fun," he told them. "I usually eat and end up going to bed early."

Suzanne' heart went out to the older man. He had obviously loved his wife immensely for him to still think of her after all these years, as David echoed her sentiments to the old man.

Then her eyes opened wide as her husband finished by saying, "How about you take Suzanne with you?"

"What?" Suzanne and Henry said at the same time.

David smiled as he repeated his comment, adding, "You said yourself it's like the neighborhood parties, consider this an extension to that. There's no reason for you to have to sit alone all the time. Suzanne can go with you and be your dance partner!" he said, pleased with himself for thinking of the idea.

Henry smiled as he said, "Although I appreciate the offer, I'm sure Suzanne has no interest in landscaping products, let alone keeping an old man company."

Suzanne could only stare at her husband as David said, "Nonsense. She enjoys hanging out in the garden section at Wal-Mart and Home Depot, so this would be like that, only on steroids," he said eagerly. "And as you said, there's the party afterwards," he told them.

There was an unusual hitch to David's voice as he said that last part, and Suzanne looked at him questioningly as David smiled at her.

"You've been griping about us not going out much since I got this cast," her husband told her. "Here's the perfect opportunity for you to dress up, dance, and have a nice dinner," he said, as if he had completely rationalized it all in his head.

"I'm sure Henry has better things to do than have me tag along behind him," Suzanne told them.

"Well, on that point you're mistaken," Henry said. "I thoroughly enjoy your company," he told her.

Suzanne glanced back at Henry. Did he also have a change in voice as he answered? She wondered if she were hearing things when David clapping his hands startled her, turning her head back to him.

"See, it's settled," David said happily, as if he had just solved the world's food shortage.

Suzanne tried to think of any excuse to argue against her husband's idea to resolve Henry's predicament.

"I couldn't leave you alone," she finally—and somewhat lamely—told her husband.

As soon as she said it, she regretted the words. Since being confined to a wheelchair—even if only temporarily—David had felt less of a man. It rankled him she had to help him in and out of bed or to get dressed, or to do almost anything. Lately he had adamantly refused her help, even as he struggled to perform the simplest things, but demanding his own independence. Her using the excuse of helping him only reinforced his weakness compared to her.

"Fuck that," her husband said, the ire in his voice readily apparent. "It's only one night, and I think I can manage to put myself to bed and wipe my ass without your assistance," he told her angrily.

"That's not what I meant," Suzanne told him in defense, but the damage was already done. Looking to Henry, she saw him looking at her expectantly as she asked, "So when is this convention."

David's face immediately lit up at her words, as did Henry's as the older man answered, "It's in three weeks, the last Friday of the month," he told them.

Looking at David, Suzanne realized she had another excuse as she told him, "Honey, that's when you get your cast off. I can't go. I need to drive you to the doctor's," she told him.

Again her husband looked at her in anger as he finally said, "I'll take a cab."

Suzanne looked at David, her eyes silently pleading with him. Although she enjoyed Henry's company, going to a neighborhood outing, where her husband was also accompanying her, was one thing; going to an out-of-town party with another man seemed wrong.

Scouring her mind for any excuse, she said weakly, "But I don't have anything to wear to a fancy dinner."

She knew it was a poor argument when David's face once again lit up, hearing him say, "Well, I'm sure Henry can pick something out," he told her to her surprise. "It's not like he hasn't bought you clothes before," he laughed, as Suzanne at him, reluctantly agreeing. "He's been to this, so he knows exactly what to pick for you to wear, isn't that right Henry?" he asked.

Suzanne realized she had lost the argument as Henry nodded, saying "It would be my pleasure to find you something and take you," he told her. "And it's still not too late to add you to the reservation," he told them, "as well as enough time to book an extra room. That is, if you want to go Suzanne," he said, looking at her.

Looking at the two men—one looking like a dejected puppy at the prospect of going to another event alone and the other looking at her like he had won a lottery—Suzanne knew she had no ground to stand upon as she reluctantly shrugged her shoulders.

"Fine, if it's not too much trouble Henry, I'd be happy to go," she told him with a wan smile.

Suzanne again saw her husband smile, wondering what he was thinking. Actually, after the last couple months, she decided she knew exactly what he was thinking—he was excited she was going to go out in a public area and showing off her body. Hell, for all she knew could be fantasizing about her actually sleeping with Henry—something he suggested almost at the end of every party they had attended. Even having separate hotel rooms, she did not put it past him to fantasize that one night away would make her spread her legs for somebody who was almost a stranger or something even more incredible.

"It's no trouble at all," Henry was saying to them. "In fact, I'll go and call them now to change the reservations," he said. "And don't worry about the cost, my company can cover this easily," he told them before Suzanne could say anything else.

Finishing his beer, he stood up and let himself out.

Once the front door clicked closed Suzanne turned to her husband.

"What the fuck was that about?" she asked angrily.

"What?" her husband asked innocently. "I thought it was a nice gesture. You heard how lonely he sounded talking about missing his wife, so why not help him out?" her husband asked.

Although his statement and reasoning were solid, Suzanne knew him too well to let things remain quiet as she stated, "I'm not going to sleep with him if that's what you're thinking."

David laughed.

"No, that is not what I was thinking," he told her as she looked at him skeptically. "Not that I would," he admitted to her surprised face. "What? I think it's fucking exciting as hell to think about you with somebody else, sue me," he told her with a shrug. "Heck, if not Henry then somebody else. You can have your pick at a convention," he said to her with a smile.

Suzanne suddenly felt sad as she asked, "Why do you want me to be with another man?" she asked quietly. "Are you not interested in me any longer? Do you not love me?" she asked, bringing herself almost to the point of tears.

David pulled her into his arms sitting on the couch.

"Of course I love you," he told her. "And I know you love me. It's a sign of how much I love you that makes me comfortable with this. I know how much you've been aching for sex," he told her bluntly. "All those hours in the shower weren't because you are a cleaning addict," he grinned at her.

Suzanne's face heated up crimson as her husband's revelation on what she had been doing in the shower.

Seeing her expression, he smiled.

"Nothing to be ashamed about," he told her. "I completely understand, and once we get this fucking cast off, I'm going to fuck you all day to catch up for lost time," he laughed. "I just want you to enjoy life, and each man is a different experience, and I want you to feel that," he told her.

"And do you want another woman?" she asked, not knowing what to think at her husband's words.

"No," he told her adamantly. "I am completely satisfied with you, but I know your libido is a lot more than mine," he said with a grin. "The very fact you masturbated after we've made love for hours has shown me that," he said as Suzanne again blushed. "All I am saying is think about it," he finally told her. "If you're uncomfortable about it, fine, don't do it. I can't help it that I fantasize about you with another man, and hearing it from you firsthand would be hot as hell, but I am happy where we are now. And you wearing clothes like around the neighbors is more than gratifying," he told her.

They did not talk any more about it, but Suzanne was left confused at her husband's comments, as she had the entire summer.

Over the weeks following that evening they did not discuss her being more provocative anymore, and things went back to normal, her working her ass off while David moped around the house feeling sorry for himself.

Early in the week before the convention Henry brought over a printed copy of her reservation, reiterating how thankful he was for her agreeing to come with him, even if she was going to be bored with an old fart like him.

Suzanne had to smile as she told him, "Nonsense Henry, you know I enjoy your company. This will be fun," she told him. "I'm just sorry for the way David assumed things, he sometimes doesn't think before speaking," she added to Henry's smile.

******************** "And sometimes he acts without thinking too," Suzanne quietly whispered to herself as she took another long pull from her chilled wine glass.

Looking back over David, she saw him look heatedly at her. Then again, she realized, so were all the other men in the lounge. For some reason her gaze kept getting drawn to Chad and his fraternity brothers, their loud boisterous conversation overheard by everybody.

At one point her heart began racing as Chad and his other friend, Eric—who had confronted her in the back hallway—caught her looking at them and both smiled. She felt blood rush to her face as she quickly turned away, hearing the men laugh. To her shame, blood was also rushing to other, more intimate, places.

From then on she looked at them only through the bar mirror, her gaze still drawn to them, almost as a moth to a flame.

To keep her mind off them, she thought again about the convention, although it did nothing to cool down the fire within her loins, and in fact, kept her arousal burning as she once again became lost in her reverie.

********************

When Friday morning came Suzanne packed her bag before Henry arrived. He had told her to dress casually for the convention, telling her the top and shorts she had worn the evening he had been over were more than adequate. Although she was now comfortable dressing like that around their neighbor, she was not about to have her ass hanging out all day in public. Besides, men had no fashion sense—if it showed off boobs or ass, they were happy.

As she would be seen with Henry, she wanted to look decent, knowing even if they were not a 'couple' her appearance reflected upon him, and Henry attended the convention every year, so she had no doubt they would meet up with acquaintances of his. Even if she was only wearing active wear, she wanted the outfit to match and compliment him.

They would be in the car for several hours, so Suzanne still wore something comfortable, selecting another of her workout outfits—a matching pink set consisting of a cropped zippered hoodie top and a pair of tight pink yoga capris leggings. Beneath the top she wore a bandeau sports bra, as much for support as functionality in case the cropped top was too hot, and beneath the pants she put on a pink thong, the pants hugging her ass too tightly to wear anything else—one of Suzanne's biggest pet peeves were panty lines.

Looking at herself in the mirror, she was happy with the results, the pants showing off her ass and legs, but not as blatantly as the shorts Henry had suggested.

She packed light, planning to wear the same outfit when they came home, although she did pack a matching pink tennis skirt in case something spilled on the pants—her mother had always told her and Jen to never leave home without a spare change of clothes—as she tossed another white cropped t-shirt into the bag. Finally she added a pair of fleece short pajamas.

Although she typically slept nude with David—or only wore panties on occasion—when traveling she always had the fear of a fire alarm going off and having to run outside.

The only thing else she packed was her make-up bag. Henry had bought her a cocktail dress earlier in the week, and although she had not seen it, David had approved.

It was almost embarrassing the older neighbor knew her measurements when her husband could not even remember a t-shirt size, but as the full drawer of clothes attested, he had put the knowledge to good use.

"Ready?" David asked behind her, startling her as she turned and nodded.

Her husband had not said anything more about the trip since the night she had accepted to go to the convention, but Suzanne knew her husband's mind had not been idle wondering some perverse thought about her when she was gone.

Her thoughts were broken when the doorbell rang, announcing Henry's arrival.

"Can you get that?" David asked. "I need to go to pee," he said.

Suzanne shrugged and reached for her bag, but David stopped her, saying, "No, you get the door, I'll bring it when I'm done," he told her.

Once again she shrugged, chalking his offer up to another of his needs to feel useful, so left the bedroom to answer the door.

"Wow, you look fabulous," Henry greeted her, giving her a kiss on the cheek as she invited him in.

"I hope this is alright," she told him. "You did say casual."

"It is perfect," Henry told her enthusiastically. "I will be the envy of everybody at the convention with you by my side," the old man beamed.

Suzanne smiled genuinely for the compliment as David joined them, her overnight bag in his lap. Bidding her husband goodbye, she took the bag and gave him one last kiss before going outside and getting in Henry's car.

Although Henry was exceptional company, it was not long until the low monotonous tone of the car engine and wheels on the rode caused her to nod off, not waking until they had arrived at the hotel.

It took her a moment to take stock of her surroundings, embarrassed to find she had fallen towards Henry, her head on his shoulder, his arm wrapped around her. Apologizing for the inconvenience, Henry told her it was perfectly fine as he pulled into the hotel lot where they were staying, as well as where the convention was hosted.

Suzanne was amazed seeing all the activity going on. There were hundreds of people, her never realizing landscaping was a big event.

Getting out of the car, she was immediately aware of those hundreds of people seeming to all look at her. Feeling conscientious, Suzanne realized there were few women attending the event, and none of them as young or attractive as her. Mentally she was pleased with what she had chosen to wear, as her appearance, as she had thought, caused everybody to look at Henry in a new light.

Henry was beaming like he had just won a major award, slinging both his and her bags over his shoulders with an energy unusual for somebody his age as he also reached around Suzanne's waist, escorting her into the hotel.

Suzanne knew he was showing off—or more to the point, showing her off. She let him hold her possessively, knowing it was all harmless fun. Just as she was his companion during the neighborhood parties to help him achieve respect from the other men in the neighborhood, she did the same thing here. With her mind still fuzzy from the three-hour nap, she also did not want to go through the effort of apologizing to Henry if she moved away, deciding to let him have his fun as he escorted her to the hotel counter.

Handing the copy of her printed reservation and driver's license to the clerk, she and Henry waited to check in.

Meanwhile she looked around, surprised to see as many younger men as older, commenting her observation to Henry.

"Yes, landscaping is not simply an old man's pastime," he smiled at her, holding up his hand as she opened her mouth to apologize. "No, I'm just pulling your leg Suzanne. I would say the average age of most of the people here will be closer to your age. A lot of companies send their younger protégés to scout out all the new stuff, preferring to just do the bookkeeping and other managerial stuff. I, however, prefer to keep an active hand in things," he told her as the clerk came back to them.

"I'm sorry ma'am," the clerk said to Suzanne, "but there is no reservation in your name," she said.