Flapper Dick Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Alright, go on to court, I will read this and see what I can get today."

"If you get anything telling, like he is not the fella witnessed bring it to court. Let folk see we are trying to convict the right fellas."

I nod and go into the folder, there isn't really all that much to this. The victim was heard in an argument with someone, with a gunshot. After that a fella was seen leaving, one witness didn't identify him, the other did. Course there are two different descriptions, one is the fella was about six foot with average body and not wearing a jacket.

Other witness description is simply it was this fella. The accused in question is six foot so that fits, hair color fits even. The accused on the other hand claims to be asleep at the time, and lives down the street. Which I am agreeing with him on really, I mean he works in a factory. There is plenty to do in a factory and then you go home, doing something like walking down the street and offing is out.

Remember Dad would come home and collapse to his chair and just stay there until dinner. I would climb on his knee and share the day I had. According to Dad it helped him recover from his day at work. Mom told me it gave him an excuse to not do anything for a while. Dad being a foreman did less than your basic factory worker.

Besides that part though there isn't really anything saying he didn't do it either. Literally this boils down to whether the jury will believe him or the witness. Gun hasn't been found and only two witnesses. Then I realize one thing, neither says where the fella went after leaving the scene of the crime.

Will have to go talk to both skirts and ask after that, there is only one call to the bulls. Collect my coat and the folder then out the door. Secretary looks over at me and snorts so stop at her desk.

"I am actually doing something, got a case to look over and while it will convict there is no proof he did it." She nods after a moment.

"I think I know the one you mean. I take notes during the meetings and the cases to be assigned are outlined. He works in a factory right?"

"Yeah, and neither witness says where the fella they saw went, only one call to bulls so one should have seen that." Secretary nods then shakes her head after a moment.

"It is known to happen that you can't get through to the station. System only handles so many calls to one number and it's not a large number. Improvements are in the works but this is still a new system."

"Still going to go talk to the witnesses, bulls are known to simply grab the easy answer." She snorts and waves me off so out I go to find it is not raining anymore.

Rather nice thing so after a look at the clouds to find they are breaking up I drop my coat in the backseat. Cover comes down then climb in and get on the way. Drive along and sadly there is plenty of traffic, though a number are parking to get to the buildings so they are making use of the businesses inside.

Also no speeding jalopy with a bull following lights and siren going this time. On that side it is really nice. Traffic on the other hand isn't that nice, and most are in a hurry it seems. Course I do sort of understand that, faster you go the faster you find a spot to park. Also makes it harder to do the parking so mostly a bad idea.

Not that the fellas would listen to me, I'm a skirt so don't know how to drive. At least what the newspapers make comments on since most of the problems with driving are blamed on flappers. Does make mention of illegal hooch in one hand, which probably doesn't help. Not that anyone is likely to be drinking hooch during the day, except for those who fell into a bottle and can't stop drinking it.

Lose my train of thought when I finally reach the murder house. There is a fella on the porch right across the street. Sitting there and a young fella, so there is a gang house here. The bulls wouldn't have seen them and they wouldn't answer the door to the knocking. Park and just sit there for a moment or thirty, then climb out and go over to the porch.

Stay on the grass though, I don't want to go up on the porch. If I go past the door it can open and I am grabbed for their pleasure or simply shot. Which may be attempted since I am a court appointed dick and taken down a number of gangs so far.

"Please don't shoot me, I am a court appointed dick and investigating the murder across the street." Fella snorts and is nodding.

"Wasn't us that offed him."

"I didn't expect that you did, also know you wouldn't have talked to the bulls."

"So you want to know if one of us saw it?" I am nodding and smile.

"Definitely, the fella that was arrested is going on trial starting today. He works in a factory so wouldn't have walked over and argued with a fella before offing him with a pistol that isn't in his house."

"That is a good point, my dad worked in a factory. He got offed in a car accident and wasn't old enough to get work."

"So you took up with a gang, not a good idea but better than no food." He is nodding and grins.

"What mom said to me too, little brother is doing good and likely will get a scholarship for college so I am simply getting my family through a tough time." Smile since that is an admirable thing, not a good choice in ways to do it, but not always is there a choice either.

"Did one of you guys spot the murderer?" He frowns for a moment then nods.

"I'd get him out here to share but he is at home asleep. What Frank shared with me and a few of the other fellas was that the fella come out of the house and turned right, the arrested fella is the other way."

"Did he share on what the fella wore?"

"No hat and he figured on no jacket or vest, just a white shirt. No suspenders either unless they were white." Frown for a moment since this is turning hard on me, then one thing strikes me.

"You gangs are good at not being noticed by the bulls so is there a gang nearby? I mean it sort of sounds like the murderer came in the back door got in an argument and offed the fella." Fella's jaw drops for a moment.

"Never did think of that, according to Frank the fella wasn't on the street until after he done shot our neighbor. As for gangs, we know of one three actual streets that way, and then two streets same direction then four to the left is another gang. Most likely it was the one straight that way, they aren't large enough to bother us and we don't see a reason to bother them." I am nodding since that does help.

"I'd like to call for a raid on them, but then I'd have to witness them selling things like drugs." Fella nods and frowns for a moment.

"I think they sell washing machine parts, know we have a few to sell." I am frowning now then toss my hands.

"I can go over and stop to see about getting Maytag parts and then ask after drugs if it isn't offered." Fella is nodding now and grins.

"I'd offer to go with and keep an eye on so you are not shot or something, but fairly sure they know us."

"I wouldn't mind the help, but think I can manage to look like a harried skirt. Will go talk to the skirts living next to the victim first, later today though there will be a raid I am sure."

"What if I spot other gangs and such?" Frown since I don't follow what he means then groan since I feel like a dunce.

"You could call the bulls direct, just don't share your name. Course I think they want to have an actual witness to attest to there being a gang selling at such and such a place. So if you spot one and want to call in on it, call up the County Attorney offices and share with them. Just explain you are unwilling to share your name and know Betty. Before you ask I won't be able to get you out of prison or anything, and if your neighbors get tired of you they may call for a raid." He snorts and shakes his head.

"Mostly I was just thinking if we can call in and attest to seeing drugs and such being sold at a house without going to court it would keep the violence down and not end up with us in prison." I am nodding since that is a good point, bulls tend to arrest gang members.

"I will talk to the lawyers and such later today about you being an unnamed witness. They will figure out how to get the judges to write up the warrant."

Fella nods so I go on across the street and go up to the first of the witness houses. Pause here to take in a breath and sigh because I was nervous over there. Pull out my license and knock at the door then check to make sure license is open. So door opens to me looking at my opened license so turn that to face her and smile.

"Court appointed dick and I am checking on the case you are a witness in. Went across the street first and the gang did notice the fella, but didn't see him on the street until after shooting so I know of a gang house three actual streets past here." She is nodding and even smiles.

"I wasn't sure if they had or not so that is good to know."

"Where you the one that stated that it was a fella down the street?" She is nodding then shakes her head.

"What I actually said was the fella looked like the fella works in a factory down the street but don't think it was him on account of younger. Shocked me when the bulls arrested him." I am nodding since it definitely wasn't him, though the bulls wouldn't have talked to the gang.

"So I am going to assume you saw the shooter walk past your house?" She is nodding.

"I didn't precisely see him walk past my house but he did turn this way. I tried to call the bulls but the line was busy, took a few tries before I got through and was told there was already a report on the house."

"Would explain why the report only listed one call. Actually the reason I came over to look into this in the first place, the witness reports were rather sparse and only one call so someone had to see more than listed." She is nodding then shrugs.

"I only talked to a patrol anyway, the detective came two hours after the call in."

"They all go home at five so whoever is on call for the night is at home and even perhaps asleep or having nookie when the late calls come in." She snorts and shakes her head.

"Little bit jealous on that, my husband doesn't quite as often as I'd like." Grin now since I got a good work around that, perhaps.

"If you haven't bought any yet get the wedding night finery things. You show some to all of you and the satin pieces bring your enjoyment up so you don't need as often perhaps." She is grinning now.

"I have noticed the advertisements but not gone over. Not a flapper, I got a husband and no desire to get deep into a bottle."

"Don't have to get plastered, I went to get nookie and dancing until I found my daddy. Still go some, because I work in one as a waitress though not for much longer, soon as baby in hand I am switching to only a court appointed dick."

"No manacles?" Shake my head.

"Fred is broken up from the war, he can't mind me sampling others. I am broken up from my folks getting offed in a bus accident and having to try and make ends meet on not much. So we are living together and I'm knocked up."

"Government hasn't complained?" Shake my head and frown.

"I'm not precisely sure the government actually knows. County Attorney knows, and the bulls but nobody has said I should get married and doctors only care that I am doing alright."

"Wish I got knocked up, we are trying but it's a slow process." I am nodding since it can be and not because of anything but her own body.

"I gave it out regular since twenty one and not until I was on my hands and knees in bed that I get knocked up. Entirely possible you are like I was and a little twisted inside so need to do multiple angles of his fluids."

"Against the teachings to do that." I am nodding and wink since I got a good lesson on it.

"Mom told me to hold off as long as I can then hand it out often as want. Father decided she is right since fellas do the same thing. I mean if skirts are not giving it out before they got manacles who are fellas enjoying?" Her jaw drops then she is giggling.

"Good point, so the position isn't as important as they say?" Shake my head.

"I enjoy it the best but also enjoy all of the others. Honestly the best one is nookie shower, Fred picks me up and helps me bounce. Sort of the same thing as on my back but he can watch my bubs bounce better. Perched on the table is fun, and then if say he is home before you are done cooking dinner you can lean over the counter and let him enjoy. Fellas are odd sorts, they want to get into us, but also like when we entice them. So pull up your dress and bend over the counter then ask him to give you a seeing to."

"Nookie shower sounds good, but no shower. Rest of it, maybe I won't need to spend dough."

"Sometimes it is the best way to get him to sit up and pay attention. Sheer slip especially, nothing is hidden, when I designed it I got carried to bed and had, it was lovely."

"So you design all of the things sold there?" Shake my head.

"I designed most of the wedding night finery things, and the suits. After that it is more of a group refinement than anything else. I will mention we have a satin line now, the dresses are really nice to enjoy a fella in, he pulls it up and goes to town. Satin makes everything better."

She is giggling with me now, and I bid my leave. Need to get over to that gang house and check it out. Finding it is easy at least, get to the end of the street and turn, then three actual streets later turn and spot a fella on the porch easy. Get over to the right house and park a little fast then hop out and fast walk up the steps to the edge of the porch.

"Please say you have Maytag Model Eighty parts. I need to get the blasted thing working again and don't want to get all the way over to an actual store." Fella stands up and frowns.

"I'm unsure on having that one, do you need the hoses or just the belt?"

"Just the belt and please have it, being knocked up is making things worse I swear."

Fella snorts and bids me to wait a moment then goes inside. I'm thinking I did good on this, and then not wearing silk so I shouldn't be spotted as court appointed. Not that I am not nervous as all get out looking at the door. Luckily the windows are not open yet, end of March but it's still not that warm during the day and chilly at night.

Then the door is opening and the fella does indeed have a box with the belt in question inside. I am so smiling and the fella is smiling. Also realize he is about six foot with brown hair, which is common I know but still.

"Oh thank you God, how much?"

"Dime if you please." Frown since the store charges that much, we went and bought a new one beginning of the month.

"Was hoping for cheaper but alright let me see if I remembered change." Feel in my pockets and no dime so pull out an ace. "Do you got change for an ace?" Fella is nodding and takes the ace, does hand me the belt at least.

"Absolutely, unless you would like to try some of the other things we have?" Frown since that is a rather good way to pose the question.

"I don't know, do you have something that will make being knocked up by a fella and not getting manacles better?" He frowns and looks up for a moment.

"I don't know, don't use the stuff myself. Still heroin is said to make everything better, and seems to be better for fellas than opium, at least heroin buyers come around more often. If you would rather cocaine doesn't do much besides make the fella smile." Ponder that one for a moment.

"Think I better ask a nurse about these drugs, if she convinces though I'll come back here. I've heard it's cheaper to buy off a gang." He is nodding then goes into the house again.

When he comes back it is to hand me change so out to my breezer with me. Sit and get everything set then check the house number and take off. Turn right at the end of the street making note of the street then go along for a couple streets before turning again to park. Then I am writing down the address.

All that set I am faced with a dilemma, do I go to the police station, or simply go to court. Ponder it back and forth for a little while then go to courthouse. It being closer and I need to get there anyway. Into the courthouse with me carrying the belt box and over to the guard holding up my license.

"Don't think you are supposed to bring those in here, there isn't a washing machine in here anyway." I snort and shake my head.

"I just got this off a gang, and was told of heroin, opium, and cocaine to buy. So need to call the bulls to stage a raid, and then I got new information on a case starting today, but I never asked where and forget the name of the accused." Guard frowns and looks up.

"I'd comment on you being a dunce, but I have problems remembering names too. Do know you should go over to records to make a call to the bulls for that raid. Also can ask them to pull out the cases started today, there's ten I think, and see if a name sparks."

"I'm tempted to give you a kiss, but you are almost old enough for me to call you dad." He rolls his eyes and taps me on the forehead.

"My daughter is turning sixteen this year."

"Yeah but you got started late I am sure."

Get goosed this time so head for records giggling. Going in I find two are busy typing and the third is busy filing folders. At least until I get over to the counter and tap at it, then all three are looking at me and one hops up from typing.

"You look to be in need of help." I am nodding and drop the belt box on the counter and set the notebook on top.

"I got two problems, need to call in for a raid on a gang house, bought the belt from them and was told of heroin, opium, and cocaine. Other problem is I got new information on a case starting today, on a fella accused of murdering another. Wrong fella been pinched, I'm pretty sure the right fella is at the gang house."

"So you need to know where the case is being presented?" I am nodding getting the one with the folders to come over to the counter.

"Here look through these, we can make the call for you."

So I go through the folders, they are practically empty since it's just a filled paper with the case number and the names of the principles involved. Luckily it gives office addresses on them, along with the address of the accused. I get a spark from the address not the name but I got the right courtroom to go to.

Get waved off when I ask so I am exiting and after asking the guard on where the room is upstairs with me. Takes me a little while to find the right room, mostly because the room is down a hallway after the stairs. Other end of hallway I turn and walk along for a little while to find the right room so step inside to find the case ongoing.

Namely there is opening arguments, the defense attorney is doing his argument right now. Go over to the prosecutor and poke at him so he turns to look at me, and groans. I snort and nod then shrug.

"I'm pretty sure you got the wrong fella here. I saw a fella who looks like him except younger at a gang house that a raid is being organized on right now. Also had some key information not in the report. Witness who is listed as saying it was that fella says the one she saw looks like him except younger. Detective never talked to her so sort of poor handling of the case." He is nodding and sighs then stands up.

"Your honor, I have new information just brought to me." Defense attorney stops talking and looks at us, the judge bangs on the desk he is at.

"Approach and bring your new witness."

Bailiff scrambles over and opens the gate so step into the court room proper to some muttering. Not that many are in attendance here but there is more than reporters. Makes one wonder how exactly fellas can get time off work to sit in here.

"Before anything else, who is your witness?" Judge says as soon as we get up to where he is leaning over the desk, tall desk, so pull out my license.

123456...9