All Comments on 'It's Just a Game'

by stev2244

Sort by:
  • 419 Comments
InescuInescuover 7 years ago
Cute ending

But I was actually looking forward to you resolving the central conflict you built up through the rest of the story. You set the stage for a confrontation and then side step with a side show reveal using a new character. Amusing, but I was hoping for more.

gara5289gara5289over 7 years ago

Felt like you copped out at the ending even if we can fill in most of the gaps.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Different

Not too bad. Just a little different and that's ok. Would have liked a rest of the story with a confrontation with the wife. Maybe a chapter 2?? That would be awesome.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
wtf

I would be extremely mad, that's an understatement. I think I would burn her personal stuff and ask for a divorce. But maybe it is because I am short-fused.

Pappy7Pappy7over 7 years ago
Not a bad little story

though I find it somewhat choppy in places. I think the fact that he got rid of the stupid bitch he was married to and went for another whore was a bit of stretch given his professed personality from the first part of the story. Oh well. Gave you a 4, not quite there for a 5 but please continue to share your talent with us. The wimp crowd and wimp stories seem to be taking over the category so we need all of the writers who have the men fight back, even just a little. Hooty-hoo

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1 star

Was going to give higher but the chopped ending ruined it.

Kendo24ukKendo24ukover 7 years ago
A shame

I like a twist as much as anybody else but it felt as though you rushed into this one to finish the story off. I'd have preferred to see the story play out with the wife and friends to see how the 'party' went down along with the relationships as realisation dawned. A second chapter maybe?

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

and follow your rules, life should work for you. TK U MLJ LV NV

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
Good story

I think some of the commenters are skimming and not reading to the end, but that seems to happen here a lot.

I enjoyed the little twist.

I think the " Girls night out " , though this isn't a typical one , has taken the place of the strange car in the driveway or the Honey , we have to talk as the literary device of choice in LW these days.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Phlegmatic addict trades up for a recovering strumpet soul mate

Just another twinkling, modern day parable from stev2244 deftly written about women with a determination to see her ruinous agenda thru. No kids were involvef no foul and certainly no tragedy for all parties involved. The narrator wasn't quite enough for the original wife. She knew she had a good man, but saw him as a fixed quality like the stars in the night sky. Wrong.

The end could have used a closure scene for Annette to see and realize that she had dynamited her marital koi pond ...possibly, but she was so relentlessly vapid that I can see why the kind-hearted author felt this wasn't merited and quite possibly small of spirit. " Beauty is just skin deep , but stupid goes to the bone" they say . Let's just hope Annette has been gifted with an extra capacity to learn from her mistakes, in lieu of brains and beauty. I thank stev2244 for sharing..

dyonysosdyonysosover 7 years ago
@stev2244

Look stev2244 i consider you a pretty decent writer even if your reconciliation stories are far fetched to say the least

That being said this story leaves me a littled dazed,a confrontation with the wife and some of her "friends" and a good discussion with the other husbands would have been opportune in this case,now you leave the reader with an end that is an anticlimax,surprising yes but without any transition from one part of the story to the end

Tut mir leid @stev2244 aber diese geschichte hat kopf noch fuss,bitte naechstes mal besser hoffentlich

Dyonysos,Polen

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
As usual Steve2244 fucks up ANOTHER story... doesnt he EVER learn?

The story of the disaster.... you cannot have a story like this which builds up the suspense which features the husband kidnapped imprisoned against his will with a serious felony..... drugged out....a massive emasculation... a criminal conspiracy and then not have a confrontation scene. This is truly an awful story but then again everything this nutcase author writes is awful

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What?

She goes through the trouble of drugging him and paying for a high priced hooker and then doesn't go through with it? Or, are we to believe hubby is so stupid as to believe she didn't sleep with the asshole?

Either way this was ridiculous!!!!!

Storm113Storm113over 7 years ago
dumb shits

Check the wife's name!!! He is married to the other woman!

sugnasugnaover 7 years ago
Women Know Best

This goes to the heart of the female mindset that women know better than men what they want or need. It is more about power than love or reality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
rated 1

steve got zika, pray for him, them grab him by the pussy

jasonnhjasonnhover 7 years ago
Don't argue with idiots ...

because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Pretty funny (and subtle) ending. With the two together in the cabin for a week and Lisa giving him appraising looks, I suspected that they might end up together in the long run but the ending dealt with it so smoothly I missed it at first and was disappointed. Once I caught the true ending, it was great.

At some point when dealing with idiots you have to simply cut your losses and walk away. Personally, if someone drugged (assault and battery) and kidnapped me, I would be furious. But in the real world, what are you going to do? Have them arrested? Where is the proof? Who did it? Who got the drugs? Who gave them to me? Was it a conspiracy? Would the girls group say it was all my own idea? With rapists and murderers around, how much time would police give to tracking this down? Without going to extremes (your Navy Seal buddies), is justice really possible? Yes, it bugs me when stories don't have a just (fairy tale) ending. Mario doesn't get his dick cut off. The other conniving women aren't all divorced and living as hookers to support themselves. His wife isn't crawling on his doorstep begging for forgiveness.

However, I like this one. He moves on and is happy. Frank looks at things from a big picture perspective, "In the end, it didn't harm me at all" and considers his greatly improved (new) marriage as worth the troubles he went through. He is very happy and the outcome fits his character. Why spend time dealing with or worrying about idiots?

I wouldn't want them all to end like this but this one works for me. That means the author did a great job with characters and the words to balance things out.

dissmissdissmissover 7 years ago
Feels a bit incomplete.

Cannot believe Annette would go to the extreme of allowing her husband to be drugged in order for her group to achieve their ends.

Frank was no ones fool and did the right thing by getting out. Getting with Lisa is probably a bonus.

Would like to have known something of the aftermath concerning the group and their husbands .... how did it all play out with them eventually ? Just curious.

Well written and thanks for sharing.

stev2244stev2244over 7 years agoAuthor
Funny

I was really unsure if the name change at the end would be too subtle for some readers. In the end I decided to go for it because it would at least be fun to read the comments...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Have to agree with many of the previous comments.

Not including the eventual confrontation with the wife robbed this tale of it's emotional payoff. Final result is OK, could have been great.

hikewithapackhikewithapackover 7 years ago
missed the name change

I read pretty fast and the only clues were "outside help" getting over his anger and calling his wife Lisa. I can see the plot twist aspect that is appealing, but I agree with others that you could still have done the last bit and added in the emotional confrontation with the wife.

Overall, it was a well constructed tale. This was an interesting new twist to the genre - and finding those twists is pretty difficult.

I think that the protagonist is too much of a nice guy. I would have been pretty pissed and probably not believed my wife had not had her time with Mario.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 7 years ago
Name change.

Some have commented on the name change at the end. It worked for me. This author, unlike many others, made the names very different. Lisa vs Annette. Hard not to notice the difference. Still would have liked the confrontation, but it was not necessary. Which, I suppose, means it was appropriate to leave it out.

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
After he had been drugged, his wife in the plot...

After he had been drugged, his wife in the plot, their marriage was as dead as a smelling fish out of the water for one week...Even if he didn't married Lisa, he would be divorced. For the twist to have more impact @stev2244 wrote: "Yes, I can honestly say that I have completely forgiven her, and helped that she never actually had sex with this Mario guy"! How could he forgiven a conniving wife that drugged him? That she fucked or not the guy, it didn't matter to him...He being what he was, shown through the story, was finished with her as soon as he woke up in that cabin...so the twist failed...As some readers say, the twist failing let the story with a hole for not telling what really happen to the lives of all the conniving women...I bet that some husbands based in his attitude had taken action too...And his wife? Did she took revenge on her "false" friends that destroyed her life? 3*

avidfaavidfaover 7 years ago
order up: 1 story, with twist, no confrontation

It kind of felt like a combination of JPB and HDK: the abrupt end from JPB, but instead of at the moment of confrontation or discovery, just jumped to a clever twist.

RePhilRePhilover 7 years ago
Brilliantly Done Sir

Yes maybe a little payback from the wife's misery was called for but all in all a really good read. Thanks for sharing

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 7 years ago
I had to suspend disbelief,

which is common with fiction. Once I accepted that this group of women was obsessed with cuckolding their husbands, the rest became believable, I enjoyed the story and the ending. The need to divorce (or murder) the wife was quite obvious once the man's character and thoughts on fidelity were revealed. Of course the wife lived with the guy and never dreamed he would resent being drugged and kidnapped. That was another place where the suspension of disbelief was required.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Word change

Yes liked it, nice twist,

The wording you used at the end "my marriage is even better now" may have been better and more accurately "my marriage now, is even better", the one word changes it in a significant way. Thanks

EuphoniusEuphoniusover 7 years ago
Problem with Lisa

OK, divorcing Annette? No brainer.

Taking up with Lisa? Hmmm...............

See, it runs absolutely opposite to the structure of love and trust that he tried to build in his first marriage. He is the kind that measures beauty from the inside, but since he was betrayed, NOW it is Ok to only see the beauty on the outside? Doesn't that make him as shallow as the rest of the ladies group that successfully destroyed his marriage?

Ok, did you need a few more pages of description to cover the confrontation, divorce, and moving on? May be, but probably not. But the reason the omission is so glaring, is that we don't have enough info as to why he suddenly became in love with Lisa. You did such a good job of relating why he isn't the type of guy to want to be with a prosti....um...."ESCORT", that the fact that he DID in the "twist" at the end, just doesn't make a lot of sense. Why would he want to marry a professional slut? Why remarry at all? All is forgiven since she is quitting to focus more on school work? I guess that was supposed to explain it, but that doesn't even begin to tell ANY of the rest of the story as to how he could now be okay with this woman and her past. The very nature of the way they met should have created a million problems that needed explaining or working through, not the least of which is him repairing his ability to trust.

So, NO, I'm not suggesting that you should have written out 4 more pages to explain. Instead, I'm explaining why him hooking up with a hooker just doesn't work for me, considering the supposedly deft switch at the end that you were going for.

My suggestion would have changed the nature of why Lisa was chosen to be the one at the cabin. Just a few sentences could have made her more believable.

What if Lisa was a sister of one of the wives in the group? She is too focused on her college course work for dating. Since her only previous experience with a guy was bad one, her sister convinces her to spend her winter break with a "nice guy". Since they are both duped into this situation (as written), it becomes the common ground on which to form the bond. I liked how you had him help her with her studies, instead of dragging her right off to bed. I just feel that this would make more sense and would remain consistent with his character.

I just really didn't like Lisa being a prostitute, even if it was fully intended to become EX-prostitute. If he could see past that, then for me it follows that he also COULD have, or even SHOULD have, been able to work past the issues in his first marriage. No, I'm not sorry one bit that you didn't RAAC. But it always helps when the motivations for change remain consistent.

I don't know, just some thoughts. I do thank you for the efforts, I WAS diverted. And, happy to see more work from you, this was the first story I read today. Anything from you is appreciated, and this was no exception. 3.4 should round down, but I gave you a 4 anyway! Thanks!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Other Husbands

Since the other husbands were apparently all in with the game - two already had their three nights with the hot wives - exposing things to the husbands would be meaningless.

Although Stev2244 and I never discussed it during the editing process, a confrontation would have killed the twist at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The story was fine with the end being clear in the very beginning,

but the ending was too abrupt. It was just like you thought it would be a shock twist.

It wasn't and the missing confrontation was an integral part of the climax and without it the story seems incomplete.

dyonysosdyonysosover 7 years ago
@sbrooks103x

"Since the other husbands were apparently all in with the game - two already had their three nights with the hot wives "( sbrooks103x)

Says who ? two other wifes ? so in your opinion they could be trusted to tell the truth ? trust but verify !

BigGuy33BigGuy33over 7 years ago
Agree with HDK

I had to accept that, for some reason, the wives just had to have this guy and cuckold the hubbys. Once I got that into head, their willingness to do absolutely anything to achieve that was at least an acceptable twist. Annette's being so average and her need to fit in led to her being willing to sacrifice all for a shot at this guy, despite Mario's obviously unscrupulous intent.

As for ending up with Lisa the escort, I agree that it was glossed over, but in my mind I could fill in the blanks myself. She found a nice guy and he got to know her over the course of the week in the cabin. Once hubby divorced Annette they has a chance to donnect, etc. But going into that would have moved this closer to Romance and away from Loving Wives, so I can understand the jump to the end.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 7 years ago
Quite possibly...

...the dumbest story I've read on this site. Sorry, Stev. The entire plot, from beginning to end, is so absurd I couldn't manage to suspend my disbelief for even a moment. We're supposed to believe that this gaggle of women are so juvenile, so neurotic, and so incredibly hungry for man meat that they could concoct this ridiculous scheme and go so far as to DRUG the hero in order to carry it out?

Come on, man.

The women in this story all reminded me of Edith Bunker, only a little less intelligent. The only fairly realistic character was the "escort with a heart of gold" -- which tells you everything you need to know.

This story reads like a fantasy by a frustrated, middle-aged, average-looking husband stuck in a lifeless marriage, looking for a way out. It's rather sad when you look at it that way.

I appreciate the effort here, but it just didn't work for me. I've read science fiction pieces that were more plausible than this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
weak ending to a good story

the ending seems rushed and incomplete, leaving lots unexplained

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
When a single plot device drives the entire story, you end up with a very narrow and contrived story.

You can tell this story was started from the intended surprise ending, then all the supporting details, actions, and dialogue were worked backward from there. So it forced illogical and contradictory behaviors.

How did the wives group get interested in each others sex life, and how in the hell did they come to know Mario? Mr. deep intelligent husband never asks that question?

Once his wife proposed having sex with a stripper, giving herself to whomever of the other husbands wanted her, and telling her husband that sex didn't really have any moral or ethical connection in her mind, why didn't he immediately demand she end her relationship with this group of brainless witches, and get him and his wife into some serious marital counseling? His wife had already made the decision to become a whore, she just hadn't finalized who she would fuck, when, and how many times. You would expect that might cause an immediate halt to his trust and understanding of just who he was married to.

Why didn't he immediately call the other husbands to find out what the fuck they knew, had been told, and thought about the whole situation?

Why had the wives group already started the swapping before all the husbands had agreed to this before hand?

How come the issues of STD's, accidental pregnancy, and an opportunity for blackmail, was never raised? Good God, he's a stripper, a male whore, a manslut.

I'll stop, but there's so many obvious questions and issues this story had to avoid, all to make the surprise ending work. And of course that failed. As soon as the escort acknowledges that Frank is a handsome unbelievably good and ethical man, and all the actions of Annette demonstrate she is a brainless shallow manipulative selfish cunt, we know after spending a week together that Lisa and Frank will come to respect, enjoy, then love each other. Purporting that after spending a week together they hadn't even exchanged first names indicates just how gullible you think your readers are, or how clever you think your story was.

It really was a good plot idea, but it was poorly executed. Which is regrettable, because it really could have been a clever engaging story. It just left me feeling embarrassed, for the author. You blew it. If you hadn't been so rigid about the surprise ending, you could have created the same result with a much more believable story. This one is kind of lame. But thanks for trying.

Anonyman

patilliepatillieover 7 years ago
Was OK

but coulda been very good. Needed to flesh out the interaction with Annette after she picked up her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Seriously

What happened to this category/site?

Did they have a massive change over in admins/moderators or did someone have a stroke? Feels like it has been taken over by some juvenile adolescence. Maybe someone hacked their parents account?

Seriously all these depraved sharing & cuck stories are getting tired, worn out and a little disturbing/disgusting. But, then again those are fetishes anyway. Like this story SOMEONE is always left in the cold/dark. Really couples like this; why get married? Just start a commune where you share in everything. After all, those hippy communes worked out soo well...

Jack99Jack99over 7 years ago
Thanks, Steve!

Your story was entertaining, I appreciate you posting it. Unlike some others, who apparently think this is the Wall Street Journal site, and that no fictional license is allowed. If I preferred to read "real life" I'd pick up a newspaper! :)

SyrustheVirusSyrustheVirusover 7 years ago
Weak ending

This should have been at least another page longer. It seems you just gave up.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 7 years ago
Nice twist

I liked the twist at the end. Lisa was better looking than the coven of wives but had more character than all of them. Annette threw away the only man that thought she was more than she was. Because of her actions (which were criminal) she probably didn't get that one night with Mario and will spend the rest of her nights alone.

foolscapfoolscapover 7 years ago
@Jack99 I'm not sure that Rupert's Wall Street Journal

reflects much of real life. Just saying. 😉

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
It's basically economics

It's a Pussy Pontiac scheme. One person drops out and the whole thing collapses like the house of cards that it is. Those who already 'cashed out' get theirs and walk off smiling. Those still waiting to cash out lose their 'investment'. Those at the bottom of the pyramid, who have invested little nothing walk away as well. Not unscathed in this case.

I've never read anything on LE that used this premise - very unique and clever. Thank you. I voted 5 ☆'s for the dialog and the depth of the plot. Please keep writing.

As for all of the pedantic would-be literary critics, if you don't like it don't read it. Better yet, write your own stories. There wasn't any cuckolding going on, no cream pie eating. The drugging threw all of the rules out the window. Lighten up!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Idiotic!!!

A wife annoy her husband and in the end druged him for the possibility to fuck another guy and he goes along with that crap!!! You have to be quixotic!! How stupid !!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice twist again

He dumps his wife and ends up with the escort Lisa .

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ummmm

You seem to be missing a chapter. I want the aftermath of this twisted Lucy and Ethyl kidnapping. The ending and twist is fine, but because of the "missing chapter" it lacks any sort of context. The missing action drops you, sadly. to a 3. Well written though.

JimC

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 7 years ago
Hmmmm

Thousands on a escort for a week, illegally drugged and restrained the hubby and the wife didn't screw the stripper??? Dont think so. Thise women were too determined not to do Mario.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Further Thoughts

@Anonyman - While you make some good points, remember this is just a little flash story, not a novella!

@Anonymous Re: Economics - "Pussy Pontiac scheme?" LOL, I think you meant Pussy PONZI Scheme!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 7 years ago
Reality?

If the reader is looking for something remotely likely, this is not your story. I see that some commenters did not catch the ending where he has a new wife. Reading comprehension is not stressed in today's educational system, or so it appears.

How many wives would dream of drugging (always dangerous), kidnapping and tossing hubby in a secluded area with a lovely hooker being paid to screw the man she wants to spend the rest of their life with? Does anyone see any possible way this could go wrong?

You really have to buy into the obsession of the gang of wives for this to work. That means that you need to accept that they are dumber than hell, self destructive, delusional, and totally lacking in pride and self esteem, individually and as a group. Once you grasp that "truth", the rest makes sense. It isn't easy for every reader to suspend that much disbelief. For me, this seems more likely than vampires and werewolves, which are very popular these days. It is more likely than Harry Potter and the amazing shit he pulls, and we all know how well those stories did.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Hahaha!!!

Loved this crazy wife ride!

The ending definitely made me give this a 5.

fisheronefisheroneover 7 years ago
Marriage in trouble

This could ruin a marriage even without either having sex.

If she's willing to drug you and no communication available.

What if he had died from the drugs or wouldn't accept that she was faithful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Rushed ending

Seriously! Drop me in a cabin in the woods with supplies and a week to work with and I'll be gone when you get back. I'm not some special forces guy, just an average joe with basic woodcraft skills. I'd hike back to civilization and have a decent alibi if something should happen to the asshole stripper. Try and prove how long it took me to get back.

Xzy89cXzy89cover 7 years ago
What happenned to LW story from yesterday that was excellent.

Seems to be gone. Cannot remember name but is chapter one.

Richie4110Richie4110over 7 years ago
Interesting story but incomplete

This is a very good read as far as it goes and raises subtle questions about Annette. How did she become so brainwashed by the group? How did this "game" get concocted anyway. I'd love to read a sequel about the other side of this story.

Love your writing and look forward to seeing more , hopefully soon.

Regards.

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
@xzy89c

It seems that Carnillia pulled all his stories down from Lit. :-(

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
@Stev2244

OK, @HDK was correct, and I had some reading comprehension issues. I think that just throwing "Lisa" in there rather casually in place of "Annette" at the end was perhaps just a tad too subtle for some of us with mild-to-moderate reading comprehension issues to catch.

Once I re-read the ending and caught it, I liked the story much better. So it went from a 2-3 star grade to a 4 when I grokked the surprise ending twist.

Overall, though I liked the premise and plot, and it was a "different" twist on LW. However, that said, it missed full marks for me, and I think Annonyman summed up the reasons best for me. If you had let us look into his head more, to let us know that he totally grokked the significance of his wife's untrustworthiness from the start of her gambit (despite trusting her enough to let her drug him) - or something more along those lines - AND took us into his discussions with Lisa during that week where they began to build the foundations for their later relationship, well that would have helped, but also maintained the integrity of the twist and the jumped-over donfrontation(s)/consequences...at least better than you did. Perhaps I simply mean that we (well, some of us) needed more of a ramp before you took us over that huge a jump at the end? yeah, that's closer to the ticket.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Ending

The story ended with the effect of a slice of a razor, instead of that of a club. Good but not great story with a masterful ending that took me by surprise made it a 5.

VickieTernVickieTernover 7 years ago
Idiot!

Of course Annette screwed the stripper! And is anxious, as she runs to him, to be forgiven for her duplicity. And of course our narrator screwed Lisa, because he knows what may be happening back in the city expressly against his consent. Can either trust the other ever again? And now that the fidelity lid is off the pot, what else is cookin' that seems now to keep these self-professed mediocrities nevertheless so hot for each other? I agree, a fine -- even original -- premise ruined by its end-of-story evasion!

wonder203wonder203over 7 years ago
Consequences

It missed all the consequences for what the women did and that in itself takes away from the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thanks for the different story.

I too did miss the ending. Without a blogger's comment I would have written this story down as a loser. Nice writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Was hoping

It doesn' seem complete. How about a second chapter with more details after the cabin.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The only way it could end.

New wife better wife, good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
good

less wimpy than the usual stev's offering. the wives are still brain-dead bitches though. the twist at the end was nice but it cut much of the action.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 7 years ago
Interesting Twist

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fun read

The guy traded a whore for another. Not too smart. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
"Well, yes, but nothing has actually happened."

So? She kept bringing that up, but the only response she deserved was that it was only because none of the other husbands choose her.

<P>

As for the ending, after the build-up, even with the twist, it wasn't much. What was especially lacking was Annette's reaction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good story regardless of the negative comments.

It even had a BTB aspect to it, but I guess that that crowd didn't notice it since it didn't involve blood, mayhem or murder.

Vandemonium1Vandemonium1over 7 years ago
Ouch, that hurt

I read the end with horror, i wanted to kick you for ruining your own story that had been brilliant to that point.

I read the first comment and realised I too had missed the true ending. I still wanted to kick you, for fooling me this time, but you weren't around, so i kicked myself. Very well done.

Unlike some others, I thought it was credible. I've seen the effects of obsession and you did warn us that the wife was easily led. The ending was appropriately abrupt. She pushed him too far and he ended things without a fuss. When people say they want more detail on the confrontation, i think they mean they want to see more of the wife's pain. The fact that you cut it short just demonstrates you're not a sadist.

Again, well done. Sorry i can't offer any constructive critisism, but IMHFO, you shouldn't change anything.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Loved it

Don't know why it is scored so low. Five stars. Very creative. Well written.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 7 years ago
I thought he wrote the wives quite well...

Stubborn and obsessed with what they wanted. It isn't their fault - it is all his fault for being so stubborn and unreasonable. So I guess I respectfully disagree with HDK's second comment which is unusual. Five star story. I will admit I had to read the last few paragraphs twice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Incomplete story

The story had a good start and it built up just great with Frank recognizing the true game in play but, the drugging and abrupt ending just beg for a better ending or at least another chapter explaining how we got there and perhaps some level of revenge for Frank for the crimes committed against him.

NicoleAlldredgeNicoleAlldredgeover 7 years ago
Bad approach to ending

The twist ending was good but was entered into far to abruptly. You needed to take a little more time and begin to draw the reader into the belief that he would actually stay with his wife. This could have been accomplished while at the same time laying the hidden foundation for the ending. The two of them over the week could have discussed marriages and thoughts on loving someone. they could also have discussed peer pressure and friendships. Then you could have moved into the pickup from the cabin and return to his home before launching the final twist.

As it was the twist didn't work for me as I had already arrived at the fact that unless this was an accepting cuckold story there was nothing to make me believe continuing his marriage was possible.

Ducky7Ducky7over 7 years ago
Good read, liked the story.

Yes a sequel from the wife's PV would be interesting. It would have to include the results of the meeting with the stripper and the husbands. And of course the number of divorces with in six months.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Is Lisa the wife now, did he divorce Annette.

The very end confused me. Did he end up in threesome with Lisa and Annette or did he divorce Annette

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Adios

Adios Annette. She wanted to fuck Mario. She was willing to fuck 2 of the husbands.

She begged, whined and connived to get it. Then she drugs her husband and sets him up with a hooker. She obviously did not place any value on her marriage. On top of that, why would Frank have ever believed that she hadn't been screwing the whole group while he was locked away for a week. Personally, I would have checked it in and filed on her. 1 *

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
@anon "People."

Umm, I don't think you even read your comment. "People don't commit felonies to get laid." Well, there is this little societal problem called rape. You might have heard of it. Pretty sure that's a felony. Child molestation? Mike Tyson, Jerry Sandusky? Maybe rethink that comment.

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuyover 7 years ago
Jasonnh summed it up quite well

Yes it was choppy, blah, blah, blah. But the bottom line is that Frank saw the game for what it was, stuck to his principles and came out well in the end.

I like that stev2244 said "It sure helped that she never actually had sex with this Mario guy."

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Read carefully and you'll find the end

He obviously divorced Annette and got married to Lisa. He wanted faithfulness, I guess with Lisa he found faithfulness and experience. Annette wanted to go out of the marriage with the old saying, "it's just sex. You're the one I love, etc." I guess for him faithfulness was the key to his happiness, and he didn't want to be a cuckold even if he got in return a hot babe. Remember, it's just story

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Part 2?

How about a part 2 from Annette's side.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5 Stars

Yes 5 Stars. Unrealistic on many fronts, but entertaining. Nice outcome, but not too surprising.

No way I'd ever forgive Annette. Just move on and forget about her. Heck, I would have divorced her if she even continued to hangout with those women, let alone continue to insist on pursing the game.

A follow up story covering Annette's view, impact on the other marriages, and whether "the game" continued without Frank's consent would be interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

How about a part two? really liked it 5 star.

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyover 7 years ago
Are you trying to upset the applecart?

I can't believe he didn't use the underworld connections established in his youth to kidnap his wife, her friends, their husbands, and Mario to have them tortured before they were forcibly addicted to drugs and sold to international brothels.

He responds with integrity and reason (at least it appears so). What a radical concept for this category!

5*

gordo12gordo12over 7 years ago
Original plot

and an interesting read. Wish we had more stories like this. 5*

TwopullTwopullover 7 years ago

Sorry. But did you have a flight to catch in the end.? I mean it's almost like you just had to conclude at any cost and run

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hmm

Good story but the end was too short and didn't really clear up anything.

green117green117over 7 years ago
Pretty good -

I think the sense of dissatisfaction that some of us feel isn't due so much to the speed of the twist, but the fobbing off of the tension you were trying to evoke -

"We spent the following days with the following: brooding about one marriage in trouble, studying, cooking, taking walks through the woods, sulking, looking incredibly beautiful, being depressed, sitting in front of the fire place and talking about everything under the sun. Of course, we didn't both do all of those things."

just doesn't cut it, at least for me.

As for the realism of it, I think I have more tolerance of it thnt HDK - I think of it as the reality tv version of self image - if the wives get to fuck the hot guy, then they are hot... and that becomes really important for them.

Not humping Mario was an interesting bit... but there was the other husband that she was apparently "owed", which was supposed to lead the Mario festivities... not a resolved point.

Anyway, I rather liked it, in its "bizzaro" world aspect. A newish idea - not entirely useful, and mostly to give platform for the male protagonist to go on about how moral and ethical and such he is... so I wouldn't give full marks but:

"You're not chopped liver either, mister."

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
2 Stars

This story is like a ruined orgasm. Big build up, no finish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ummm, well?

So, that happened. Fun story. Frank isn't stupid I'm thinking. It'd be nice, if once this all plays out, that Frank runs in to Lisa, after the divorce to Annette, they get married. The happily ever after would come when Frank and Lisa run in to Mario, and Lisa destroys Mario emotionally for never being man enough and a coward to commit to only one woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
hmm

Great buildup, but the ending needs a serious rewrite.

Was to abrupt, no details of what happened between him and the wife, or thee others.

You didnt lay enough foundation for him and the call girl to end up together.

So write a follow up chapter to expand the ending, alot.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 7 years ago
Names

Apparently, a goodly number of commenters paid too little attention to the name of Hubby's Sweetie in the first pages, and then her name in the antepenultimate paragraph! (second from last)

I am actually (kinda) surprised Hubby did not bail on (original) Sweetie after she torpedoed him by, without notice, inviting 'The Girls' over to browbeat him. That woulda, however, screwed up the 'Happy Ending' which the kidnapping created!

The ending was clear when Our Soiled Angel respected his integrity and loyalty, and admitted this was to be her last 'assignment!'

icebreadicebreadover 7 years ago
Well..

it just fucked my head up that's all

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
This story had such great promise,

But then it ended so abruptly that I thought I was struck by lightning as I turned the last page of a mystery novel. We have only her word that she didn't do Mario--no verification, and he was with Lisa for a whole week! And after all the trouble they went to (not to mention all the laws they broke in doing it); she and her coven suddenly just dropped it...right. There's WAY too many unanswered questions here. Please consider deleting the last few paragraphs when you write part 2! Give them the happy ending if that's what you want, but please fill in all the gaps!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
My 2 Cents

I enjoyed the build up and disappointed with ending even after it was pointed out that he married Lisa. I agree the story doesn't need another chapter But it would fill in the necessary blanks of the activities after the week in the country. Doing it from Annette's point of view could be a good way to achieve this without changing hubby pov.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
bullshit.

The disrespect alone would end a marriage.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Seriously"

How is this cuck? Yes the wife INTENDED to cuck him, but he rebelled, dumped her and got a hotter wife!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Idiotic"

How do you see him going along with it? And while "quixotic" DOES have "unrealistic" as part of its definition, it's usually meant as "idealistic", hardly fitting in this con text!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

It was clever but if my wife even brought up that she offered to fuck a friends hubby than divorce would be definite. Also if these cunts wife included went out of there way to drug him , hire a hooker and trap them in the woods for a week than it wasn't for nothing. They did there rotation and his wife fucked Mario and they just would say they didn't. Why bother with all the trouble if he was in he would of fucked three of the friends not a hooker. You needed back lash of the wife doing this and her reaction to him divorcing her even though she said she didn't do it,

stev2244stev2244over 7 years agoAuthor

So - some readers want to see how she is lectured about proper behavior. How she is sobbing, seeing the error in her ways, how she is clinging to his leg, begging for forgiveness, just to see him coldly walking away? Really? I might do this if she has anything to gain, but in this case she doesn´t. So I don´t see what describing the end of their marriage would add to the story.

However, if anyone feels inclined for write a prequel, sequel, Episode IV, whatever, he/she is more than welcome to do so. I personally think the story is told as it is.

dyonysosdyonysosover 7 years ago
@stev2244

I get it,your little surprise at the end was supposed to put us on the wrong foot and i'm sure some fell into the trap ,not all readers are aspiring brainsurgeons on LW,that however doesn't give some authors the right to deny us our opinion,or treat us like morons,you think or believe your story is finished and that is your right for it is yours but i like to think that some readers may have a different opinion without being made fun of,i'm sorry i had a different opinion about some authors who in theyr own stories do develop the scenario of theyr tale,if jumping to conclusions on a story is a new trent than why bother writing ?

Dyonysos,Poland

stev2244stev2244over 7 years agoAuthor
What?

Where have I denied someone an opinion or treated someone like a moron?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
3*s

Good story.BUT

Unfortunately, attempt at surprise ending fails. Confrontation with wife Annette and her posse doesn't occur. Their is no surprise. You know he is getting divorced. And the new character Lisa, younger, prettier, will be replacing Annette.

Gees, Steve2244 talk about a failure to climax, lol.

Really a very poor ending. I going to read something else to get the bad taste out of my mouth😫.

AMerryman

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous