Living with the Lie

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As I left the diner and headed for my car, I heard someone calling my name. I turned and saw one of the guys who worked in the kitchen at Porky's.

"Hey Miranda," he said cautiously. He looked around to see if anyone was watching us.

"How are things with Gerry?" he asked.

"Not good," I said. I suddenly realized that a lot of people knew about our problems.

"I guess a bunch of people heard about you and Dean in Porky's office Huh?" he asked. I just nodded. "So I guess you probably don't want things to get any worse, would you?" he asked.

"How could things get worse?" I asked.

"Well, as pissed as he is finding out about this time ... Imagine if he knew about the other time that you and Dean got together."

"What the fuck are you ..." I began.

"Look Miranda," he said. "I don't want to rock your boat. And Gerry is a good guy, but I've had the hots for you since the first time I laid eyes on you. I know it seems like I'm being an asshole about this, but it may be the only chance I get."

"What do you want?" I asked.

"What I want is for me and you to get together just once," he said. "I swear I won't come after you ever again. I give you my word."

"Like I can trust the word of a guy who's trying to blackmail me," I said.

"You think about it," he said. "I'll be in touch."

I got into my car, not realizing that our entire exchange had been witnessed by someone else.

* * * * * *

Gerry

I looked at her in confusion as she hung up the phone. "Laci ... You lied," I said.

"Of course I did, Honey," she smiled. "What do you think she was doing?"

"She called you because she was worried about you," I said.

"Nope ... She called me so my husband and your wife would know how we're doing. I'd be willing to bet that they were probably there with her, or that she's going to tell them everything that was just said," she told me. "And they need to worry about us and what we might do. But they don't deserve to know what we're really doing. Besides I didn't tell one lie."

"What about that stuff about our rooms being on different floors?" I asked.

"They are," she smiled. "Your room has a hard wood floor and mine has carpet."

"But she thinks that we're weak and depressed," I said. "She feels sorry for us."

"I told her that I hadn't eaten yet," she said. "If she thinks that means that I'm not eating at all, that's her fault. I told her that I hadn't gotten out of bed. That's true too. I just didn't tell her that the reason I hadn't gotten out of bed is because you keep fucking me. Do you want me to call her back and tell her that?"

"I guess not," I said.

"Good," she smiled. "Let's go make some breakfast ... Or are you not done fucking me yet?"

I looked at the floor in embarrassment. "Laci, I'm sorry. I just got carried away."

"Gerry, why the hell are you apologizing?" she smiled. "I loved every second of it. I enjoyed it at least as much as you did. Last night was the best night of my life. Whatever happens, I will never regret last night. I'm hoping for more of it too. But I'm going to need a few hours to recover because I think you broke my pussy."

Neither of us had the energy to cook, so we drove into town for breakfast.

As we sat down in a quiet little diner, it was hard for me to stop smiling. I also for some reason took every opportunity I could get to touch Gerry. I pushed his hair back from his face. I adjusted his collar. It was all I could do not to hold his hand. And within moments of us being seated I had moved a chair right beside him instead of sitting across from him.

Some of it was intentional, but a lot of it wasn't consciously done. I didn't really notice it until our waitress pointed it out.

"Good Mornin' folks," she smiled. "Are you two newlyweds?"

"What makes you think that?" asked Gerry. I tapped him on his shoulder.

"How could you tell?" I asked.

"Anyone can see it," she smirked. "You both have those "I've been fucking all night smiles. You both look like you just rolled out of bed and are exhausted and you still can't keep your hands off of each other. The fact that you're both wearing wedding rings proves that you're married, but most people who've been married for a while can't stand each other."

We ordered breakfast and she went off to handle whatever waitresses handle while waiting for your food to come up.

Gerry was lost in his thoughts. I had a few things going through my mind too.

"What she said ... You know it isn't always true, right?" I told him. "It definitely isn't true of you and Miranda. In the two days that we've been away from home all I've thought about is how great it would be to have someone love me as much as you love Miranda. I also figured out why she's so evil."

"Laci ... Miranda isn't exactly evil," he said.

"I know that now," I told him. "She's just kind of paranoid that someone will take you away from her. But, shit with a body like hers and that pretty face, I really don't know why she's worried. I don't think there's a woman in town that could come between the two of you."

"YOU could," he said. And my heart started tumbling. The contest was over. Gerry may have had a crush on me for most of our lives, but at that moment I realized that he was probably the love of my life. There was nothing I wouldn't do for him ... Including sending him back to the bitch he married.

"Gerry, I would never try to come between you and Miranda," I said. The words tasted like shit coming out of my mouth.

"So ... Where does that leave us?" he asked. There was confusion all over his face. Again my heart started to beat even faster. From the look on his face I could see that Gerry was ready to fight for us. I wanted so badly to cry, but I couldn't do that to him.

Unlike my asshole of a husband, Gerry was ready to put his marriage, his good guy status and his entire reputation on the line for our budding romance. If our lives had been a movie, I would have let him. Maybe if we were in a movie, the two of us could have gotten into his Mustang and drove away, never to return. We could have started a new life together somewhere else.

But we have spouses, no matter how undeserving, and families and other responsibilities that we simply could not walk away from.

"It leaves us the very ... very best of friends," I said softly. And we won't let anyone keep us from being that. We hold onto what we had this weekend as a very special memory, but we go back to our lives."

"Bullshit," he said angrily. He blew out a very long breath to calm himself down. "We need to leave and go for a walk by the lake," he said. I gestured and the waitress came over. She gave us the check. Gerry gave her the money and included a huge tip that had her smiling and telling us she hoped that we would come back often.

Gerry was almost in tears, but it was all I could do not to burst out in a huge smile. Gerry was fighting for us the way the man I had been married to for four years and had been coupled with since we were teenagers never had. It did wonders for my self-worth. My ego went through the roof.

Gerry had calmed down by the time we got to the lake. "Laci, you told me that Dean kept you from dating or even hanging out with other people while we were in high school and college. How do you think that he's going to react to you deciding that you and I are friends?" he asked.

"Because things are different now!" I said. "Gerry you have no idea what these few days have done TO me and for me. There is no way I will EVER let him or anyone else control my life. The hard part is going to be on your end. Miranda is not going to let anyone near you for any reason. She probably already wants to kick my ass."

"Oh that's going to change," he said. "If she has any hope of me forgiving her ... Or of us staying together, she's going to have to relax a lot of her habits. And as long as they don't know that we balanced the scales, we have the upper hand. But that brings me to our next issue..."

"Ooh ... We have issues?" I asked.

"We have to decide what we're going to tell them about what went on between us," he said.

"That's easy," I told him. "They already have the idea that the two of us spent most of our time crying over them. We were in separate rooms in the same hotel. That's all that went on between us."

"But isn't that lying to them?" he asked.

"Nope it's just withholding information," I said. "That's a minor sin. What they did is major. Hasn't she told you that she'd never cheat on you?"

He nodded his head. "So she lied to you," I said. "She not only cheated on you, but she lied as well. She doesn't deserve the whole truth. Besides we just gave them some simple statements like the fact that we were on different floors and they drew their own conclusions. Now we are going to have to lie to them, so let me do it. I'll cover both of us."

"How?" he asked.

"It'll be easy," I laughed. "Men have no subtlety. You guys think in totally linear fashion. I won't even have to lie. Dean is like most men, very direct. The main question on his mind will be whether or not we fucked. If I tell him we did, then in his mind we are even. Control goes back to him. So when he comes out and asks, "Did you guys have sex?" I just say, "Gerry and I aren't the type of people to cheat, you asshole. And two wrongs don't make a right."

"So you'll lie to him?" he asked. "A marriage based on lies isn't very good."

"Gerry, what I said was not a lie," I laughed. "I never said yes or no. I just gave him two more statements that are basically true. He will of course take them as meaning no, but that's on him. And most marriages are full of lies. A woman asks her husband if a dress makes her ass look fat, if he loves her, he lies to her. If he tells her the truth he doesn't get any pussy and their marriage is one step closer to divorce court. Women do the same thing. If you love someone you have to ignore the facts and build them up. That's how love works."

He shook his head.

"Gerry, I know that you have feelings for me, but don't you still love Miranda? Don't you intend to stay married to her?" I asked.

"I guess," he said. "After this weekend, technically we're even. But if she ever gives me any reason to believe that she did anything like this again, I won't hesitate to divorce her."

"So are you going to be totally honest with her?" I asked. "Are you just going to march into your house and say, "Miranda, I spent two nights and an afternoon fucking the shit out of Laci? I fucked her ass. She sucked the skin off of my dick. I ate her pussy until she begged me to stop and I just wore her tight little pussy out. Are you really going to do that?"

"Okay, I see your point," he said. "In this case telling the truth would do more harm to both Miranda and our marriage than keeping quiet would. In this case it's better for all concerned to live with the lie. But all of that wasn't true."

"Which parts?" I asked. "Did you not fuck this ass?" I slapped my butt after saying it.

"Well ... yeah," he said sheepishly.

"You were the first person to get it too," I said. "It will be something that I only do with you. So didn't you eat my pussy?"

"Yep," he said, again not meeting my gaze.

"I loved every second of it," I said and that was another first time for me. Dean is too macho for anything like that. I remember sucking your dick this morning. I've never done it before but I wanted to for you. I'm sure Miranda is better at it, but we did it."

"It was very good," he said. I noticed that his legs were rubbing together.

"I'm sure you remember us fucking a few times," I smirked.

"Of course," he said.

"So which part was a lie?" I asked him.

"We didn't have TWO nights and an afternoon. All we had was one unforgettable night and you forgot about the morning," he said.

"You're right, Honey," I said. "I completely forgot about the morning. But you forgot about this afternoon when we get back to the cabin. There's our afternoon. Then we're gonna take a nap in each other's arms for rest. Followed by you fucking me silly all night again."

That was kind of what happened. We did spend the afternoon having sex. And it was really good. We took a nap wrapped in each other's arms and I had a secret, two actually, that I wanted to tell him. But I decided to save them for another time. When we woke up, we showered together ... another first and then things changed.

Gerry drove us a long way out of the small town and into a larger city. We had dinner at a very nice restaurant. It was probably the fanciest place that I had ever been in. I appreciated the effort, but didn't tell him that it was wasted on me. I found our dinner at the small table, with the steaks we grilled to be far more romantic.

When we got back to the cabin, I guess I expected Gerry to take my clothes off and fuck me. But it was different. He stripped me slowly, kissing every inch of every part of my body as it was revealed.

He worshipped my body. If I had expected hard and fast fucking, I was wrong. It was so slow and caring that I almost cried. We kissed and caressed each other the whole time. It took forever for us to cum, but I was on edge the whole time. When he finally let me cum, it was as if the heavens had opened up and rained down on us.

We were both totally drained again. I wanted to savor my last night in Gerry's arms. But just as I settled in to go to sleep, he stole my moment. "I love you Laci," he said. I was so stunned that I couldn't reply.

Did he mean it? I lay awake thinking about it the whole night. It changed everything. I decided that first thing in the morning I would tell him too. After all my love for him had been one of the secrets I wanted to tell him. But as I thought about it, I realized that I had no right to.

Shit, the whole town knew how Gerry had always felt about me, but my feelings had developed over a weekend. And although I was very sure that they were real, I had no way of proving it or even explaining it.

The next morning, my fingers wrapped themselves around Gerry's dick.

"No, Lace," he said.

"My blowjobs are so bad that you don't want one for the road?" I asked.

He shook his head. And then he kissed me. His tongue went into my mouth and his arms wrapped themselves around me. He squeezed me so tightly that it was hard for me to breathe. I could feel how much he loved me.

"This is hard enough," he said. "If we have sex again, I'm not sure I'll be able to let go."

I nodded my head as if I understood. But my thoughts were different. "I was thinking, 'Then let's spend the rest of our lives fucking,' but I said nothing.

* * * * * *

Dean

She was coming home. They were driving back so we could talk. She'd called this morning just after they got on the road. It was a four hour drive according to her, so even if they stopped for lunch, they should be back by mid-afternoon.

But something was different about her. She didn't ask me what I wanted her to do. She didn't cry and ask me if we could talk about things. She flat out told me. She told me that we were going to talk ... And when she said all of us, I knew that she meant that Gerry and Miranda would be there too.

In a way, I was pissed because I figured that alone I could get control of the situation. She was probably drawing some kind of strength from Gerry. Maybe they had some kind of shared misery thing going on.

But on another level, I was glad to have some company or maybe some support because she sounded like she was awfully pissed. It almost sounded as if she was done with me. She made it seem like this was the straw after the last straw and she was only talking to me as a prelude to the divorce.

No matter what happened, I couldn't let her divorce me. Losing Laci would be the ultimate embarrassment. All of those people who'd told me that I wasn't good enough for her, would laugh me out of town.

I would become the laughing stock of the whole town. It would be especially bad for me if some other guy ended up with her. The only way I could save any kind of face would be if she ended up with Gerry. Gerry was as popular as I am and if he ended up with Laci and I got Miranda, I could make it seem like I had wanted it. I could let everyone in town know that their impression of Laci was fucked.

I could tell them that they had all been swayed by how pretty she is and how nice she is. They had no idea how boring she was or how terrible she is in bed. I could tell them how on our honeymoon, she had no idea how to do anything sexual. And how when I finally got her to give up the goods, she laid there like a rock.

Maybe some of them could understand why I cheated on her. And ending up with Miranda, who was almost as pretty, but a lot sexier would probably keep me on top of the heap. But since I couldn't count on getting Miranda unless Gerry left her, keeping Laci was a much safer bet.

Speaking of Miranda, I was pretty sure that I could help her with her other problem. And me doing so would go a long way towards winning both her friendship and Gerry's. And the more I thought about it, the more I realized that becoming friends with Gerry was the answer to my prayers. If I gave Laci something to fucking do, she'd have a lot less time to worry about following me around and watching me.

And as my mom had pointed out, Gerry was far too honorable to try to fuck Laci. Plus there was the fact that Miranda watched him like a hawk. It would be perfect for everyone.

* * * * * *

Miranda

I waited nervously at the same table we always seemed to sit at. It seemed strangely appropriate for us to meet at Porky's. He was even gracious enough to let us meet during the restaurant's off night. All we had to do was wait for them to arrive.

The door opened and I turned to see my Gerry, but it was only Dean. And he was smiling like a Cheshire Cat.

"We're going to fix everything tonight," he said. I didn't say anything.

"I know about the blackmail," he said. I turned to him in surprise.

"Let me guess," I hissed. "You're going to try to con your way into joining him, right?"

"What makes you think ..." he began.

"Because I know all about guys like you," I hissed. "All you think about is yourself and what you can get. Gerry is worth a thousand guys like you."

"Gerry has played second fiddle to me for his entire God Damned life," he said. "He has always been second best and he always will be. The girl he worshipped for most of his life... I fucked her and I married her. He got you as some kind of consolation prize because even God was tired of seeing him LOSE.

"And you ... Always acting like you're too fucking good for me. All I wanted was to help you out of a tough spot. I wanted us all to be friends. I figured that once and for all we could put this shit behind us. You seem to think that every man in the world wants to fuck you. Well Missy, I did too. I can't help it. I'm a man. But this time, I really did want help you."

I just looked at him and laughed. I laughed long and hard.

"What's so funny?" he asked.

"I've done a lot of really bad things in my life," I said. "Before I moved here to start over, I was so desperate that I got pregnant by a married man. I was practically driven out of town. I thought it was the worst thing in the world at the time, but it was actually the best thing that ever happened to me.

I came here and started dating a few nice guys and one asshole. But then I met the man of my dreams. The one man who could love me for me and make me feel the way I've always wanted. He has only one flaw ... You of course. He seems to ... Like you said have an inferiority complex when it comes to you. I have no idea why. He's actually better looking than you are ... At least to me. I would die for him ..."