The Broken Mirror

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She started slowly, rubbing herself with the vibrator over her panties, and let her eyes close and her mind wander. She smiled when she thought about Meaghan kissing her - it was something she remembered often, and fondly. And then the image shifted, the eyes going from deep evergreen to dark and smoky, and the skin from pale and freckled to a deep, smooth tan, framed in lustrous dark hair.

Her eyes shot open and she sat bolt upright, the vibrator temporarily forgotten. The face in her head was Anne's. Christine was NOT prepared to deal with that, especially after what they talked about at dinner. She forced the image from her mind, and tried to think about her husband.

She imagined him as he was when they met, almost five years ago. He had aged since then, and not especially well. Christine didn't mind the receding, graying hair - she thought it made him look dignified. She wasn't happy with the way he had let his body go, losing muscle and putting on fat, but she supposed that happened to most men. What really bothered her was the change in his face. It wasn't that it was older, more weathered - that was okay. It was that the way it had hardened and the light had gone out of it. He didn't smile as much as he used to, and when he did, it didn't look the same.

That line of thought was bringing her sadness rather than lust, and a little guilt - why couldn't she make him smile like he used to? So she cleared her mind again, and tried to think about nothing at all, nothing but her own body. That seemed to work, and she slipped off her panties and pressed the vibrator directly against herself.

Christine didn't rush that night like she usually did. She took her time and enjoyed playing with herself for a good long while. The vibrator was inside her when she finally got close to release, with her other hand rubbing her clit. Anne's beautiful face came back into her mind as she started to come, and this time she didn't try to push it away. Anne was with her as she rode out the wave, and stayed with her as it receded.

After she recovered, Christine thought to herself "What the hell has gotten into you, fantasizing about your best friend? You're a married woman, and you need to get it together and control yourself!" She knew exactly what, or more precisely who, had gotten into her, but she didn't want to think about it.

She slept well that night, better than she had in months, and she did the same thing the next night. Anne was with her in her head again, and Christine didn't even try to ignore the thought. She could control herself in public, so what was the problem what she thought in private?

~~~

The week after that went by fairly uneventfully. Bob got home from his hunting trip on Tuesday, and brought a big chunk of venison with him. He actually cooked on Wednesday, making chili with some of the meat, and Christine actually enjoyed eating it. It was quite tasty - Bob kept to a few basic recipes in the kitchen, but he was good when he made them. It made her feel a little better that the deer wasn't going to waste.

Bob was his usual self, and Christine tried to convince herself that he smiled just as much and was just as happy as he always was. She really didn't like thinking otherwise. Christine snuggled up to Bob in bed at night, but they were both too tired for anything more.

Anne had a last minute schedule change on Thursday, which meant she was free for lunch, so she met Christine at a little sandwich place by Christine's office. Christine was a little nervous about having lunch with Anne, after the images in her head, but she couldn't avoid her best friend, and she didn't want to. Lunch was fast but fun - there were more wacky ER stories - and if Anne noticed any difference in Christine's attitude toward her, she didn't show it.

~~~

Monday was the big day - dinner with Meaghan and Sarah. Christine fussed over what to wear more than usual that morning. She was going straight from the office to dinner, and she thought about changing into something casual before she left, but decided against it. She settled on her favorite blue suit and a white cotton blouse. It was kind of boring, but it was elegant and fit the image she wanted to project. The pub had plenty of professionals in work clothes on weeknights, so she wouldn't look out of place.

She was busy at work that day, with more client meetings than usual, which was good - it kept her mind occupied. She texted Anne during the day to make sure she was still coming, and got an affirmative response with a winking smiley face. The last part of the day dragged, but the clock eventually ticked over to seven forty, time to leave.

Christine saw Meaghan as soon as she walked in the door, and Meaghan beamed at Christine when she recognized her. Meaghan looked almost exactly like she remembered. The hair was shorter now, an elegant mess of reddish brown waves, but the pale, freckled face was still open and friendly, with twinkling green eyes. The strong, curvy body had softened, just a bit, and gotten a little curvier.

Standing next to Meaghan, holding her hand, was a very pretty girl. She was tiny - not much over five feet, and thin - and she looked barely nineteen, although Christine knew she was quite a bit older. Her long, straight black hair was in a French braid, and her face was a striking blend of Asian and American features.

Meaghan let go of Sarah's hand and rushed over to hug Christine. "It's so good to see you, Chrissy. I've really missed you."

"I missed you too, Meg. I'm really glad you found me and wanted to meet."

Meaghan let go and introduced Christine and Sarah. Sarah held her hand out to Christine, who took it and said "It's nice to meet you, Sarah. You're a very lucky girl."

Sarah looked over at Meaghan and smiled. "I certainly am. It's nice to meet you too, and from what Meaghan has told me, your husband is a very lucky guy."

A quick pang of guilt shot through Christine, but she ignored it and said "Bob's not coming tonight - he had a dinner with some people from the Senator's office. My friend Anne is joining us, though."

As if on cue, Anne walked in the door and just about bumped into the three of them. After another round of introductions, they made their way to the back and found a table. Meaghan and Sarah sat next to each other, looking like a pair of lovebirds, and Anne sat next to Christine.

After they sat down at the table, Christine had to comment on Meaghan's hair. "Your hair looks so good short. When did you cut it?"

"Middle of college sometime, and I was thrilled as soon as I did it. It's so much easier, and I can do all sorts of cute things with it. Sometimes I feel like such a cliché - the short haired lesbian! - but I really like it."

Sarah reached her hand up to tousle Meaghan's hair and kissed her on the cheek. "I really like it too."

Dinner and drinks were ordered, and two hours flew by. Christine and Meaghan caught each other up on the ten years since they had last seen each other, and Anne always had something to say when the other two flagged. Sarah listened attentively but didn't say much herself, except when Meaghan insisted she recount the story of how she kissed Meaghan on their Sunday hike, and they fell madly in love. It was the short, fairytale version, but neither Christine nor Anne missed the loving looks between them as Sarah told it.

Meaghan and Sarah split a piece of flourless chocolate cake for dessert, with vanilla ice cream, and Christine and Anne thought it looked so good they did the same. When they finished, Christine asked "Do you maybe want to get together again before you go home? Friday night, maybe? Or Saturday for lunch - I could drive you to the airport afterward."

Meaghan looked at Sarah for reassurance, and it almost looked to Christine like they were communicating telepathically. Sarah replied "Sure - that would be really nice. Saturday would be great, if you don't mind. The metro's nice for getting around, but it's less fun with baggage."

Sarah insisted on paying for dinner, and they all exchanged hugs as they left the pub. Meaghan and Sarah walked off in one direction toward their hotel. It was a fairly long walk, but it was a nice night and they seemed to like walking together. Anne walked with Christine in the other direction, toward the train station.

After a block or so, Anne said to Christine "I'm glad you invited me. It was good to see you relax around people. You don't do it that often. You need more real friends in your life, more than just me. I know Meaghan is all the way across the country, but even a phone call from time to time is better than nothing."

Christine knew she was right - she had always had trouble making friends.

A little later, Anne added "I think it's time for me to start looking for somebody. If Meaghan and Sarah can be happy together, maybe I can find somebody too." Anne realized then how much she wanted Christine to be that somebody, and how that could never happen.

Another hug at the train station, and Anne walked back to her apartment, while Christine headed home to her husband.

~~~

Meaghan was quiet and spacey on the walk back to the hotel, and if Sarah hadn't been holding her hand, she would have walked right by the place. When they got up to their room, Sarah asked "Where were you? Just memories?"

"Yeah. Chrissy - I guess it's Christine now - anyway, she went through some really bad stuff growing up after her mom died, living with a great aunt who didn't care about her. She was determined to get out, to be a success. I always knew she would, but she was never sure of herself, at least until she got into Stanford. It looks like she's achieved everything she worked for, and I'm really happy for her."

Sarah was relieved the evening went well. A lot can happen in ten years, and she had been worried about Meaghan getting hurt if meeting Christine didn't turn out as she hoped.

"I didn't expect her to be quite so tall. I know I'm tiny, but she's basically a giant next to me. She seems really great, though. And she's very pretty - I can see why you wanted to kiss her."

Meaghan replied with a teasing smile "Don't worry - it was a long time ago, and remembering only makes me want you."

Almost reluctantly, Sarah added "Did you see the look on her face when I mentioned her husband? I got the feeling it was because of us, because of me."

Meaghan sighed. "Yeah, I saw it too. I looked him up before we came, and he works for Senator Jackson, so he may just be afraid to be seen in public with a couple of married lesbians. Or maybe it's more. I don't really care; I just care that I got to see Christine again, and that she was happy to see me."

They both sat on the bed and pulled out their laptops - email doesn't ever stop, even on vacation, and it's easier to clean it up in the evenings than to come back to a giant pile. After a while, Meaghan asked Sarah "Christine's friend Anne - do you think she's . . .?"

"I saw how she looked at Christine. It reminded me of somebody," Sarah said with a knowing smile, "even if I couldn't see it for myself at the time. Poor thing - I don't think Christine has a clue that Anne's in love with her, and since she's married, I doubt it will have a happy ending like we did."

Meaghan thought about the broken hearts she endured before meeting Sarah, and felt a lot of sympathy for Anne. She considered saying something, but she knew it wasn't her place, and would probably only make things worse for everyone anyway.

Sarah went into the bathroom to get ready for bed, and Meaghan took her turn when Sarah was done, still a little lost in thought. When Meaghan came out of the bathroom, Sarah grabbed her in a surprise hug, and then started unbuttoning her shirt. Meaghan recognized the determined look in Sarah's eyes, and knew that Sarah wanted tonight to be just for her. She let Sarah undress her and lay her down on the bed. Sarah took off her nightshirt, and Meaghan expected she wouldn't be wearing hers to bed either.

Sarah had put a lot of effort into learning how to massage the tension out of Meaghan's muscles, even with her small hands, and she put all her skill to use on Meaghan's willing body. By the time she was finished, Meaghan had turned to jelly, thoroughly relaxed and content.

Sarah had also put a lot of effort into learning how to make love to Meaghan, how to make her body squirm and sing with pleasure, and she put that skill to use too. Meaghan was already in a romantic mood, from spending quality time with Sarah and from the nice hotel room. She was also in the happy glow of reconnecting with Christine, which made the day that much more special. Her body responded to Sarah's tender loving with a sustained wave of pleasure that left her dizzy.

Sarah's romantic attention started at a particular spot on Meaghan's neck. It was hard to find, but Sarah knew from experience that nuzzling in just the right place drove Meaghan crazy. She kissed Meaghan lightly all across her face and neck and chest, and then found a hardening nipple, just waiting for her mouth. Meaghan's nipples were exquisitely sensitive, and Sarah knew just how much teasing they could take before it got to be too much.

Sarah had to battle the sheets a little - hotel beds may be romantic, but they can also be a pain - before she settled in between Meaghan's legs. At first she just kissed gently, but when she could tell Meaghan was ready, she slid her tongue between Meaghan's labia, and she felt Meaghan's body react. Sarah made little circles around Meaghan's clit with her tongue, something she learned from Meaghan the very first time they made love. As the tension built in Meaghan's body, Sarah slid her finger into Meaghan and found just the right spot.

Meaghan was quiet, just making small whimpers and moans, but Sarah knew her wife's beautiful body so well that she could feel Meaghan's pleasure building to a crescendo. She applied her tongue directly to Meaghan's clit, and after three light swipes, she felt Meaghan's orgasm begin to wash over her.

Meaghan didn't feel a sudden explosion like she sometimes did; it was more like a warm tingling ecstasy spreading from between her legs to the rest of her body. The pressure from Sarah's tongue got lighter as Meaghan's clit became extremely sensitive, but continued in little touches and circles that kept refilling the well of pleasure, making it last for what seemed like an age. Spots danced before Meaghan's closed eyelids, and Sarah very slowly and gently eased her back to Earth.

Quite pleased with herself after what she had done for Meaghan, Sarah slid into bed next to her and kissed her on the cheek. She nuzzled her head into Meaghan's shoulder while Meaghan recovered and the dizzy spots slowly left her eyes. Meaghan kissed Sarah on the forehead and said "You are so wonderful to me. I love you, sweetie."

Sarah smiled warmly and said "I love you too. Sleep good.", and then rolled over and spooned her back into Meaghan. They snuggled together for a while, enjoying the closeness and warmth.

As she started to drift off to sleep, Meaghan stroked Sarah's long black hair and smiled. Sarah would sleep with hair braided, but she would want Meaghan to brush it out in the morning, and Sarah absolutely loved Meaghan brushing her hair. Afterward, Meaghan would get her chance to make Sarah feel wonderful. She fell asleep with a big smile on her face at the thought.

~~~

Bob was watching TV in the living room when Christine got home. Bob didn't ask about her evening, and Christine didn't bring it up either. There was a quiet tension in the air, both of them trying to think of something to say that wouldn't cause conflict. Bob went upstairs to bed first, and Christine poked at her laptop for another half hour or so before going up to join him.

Christine wore Bob's favorite nightie to bed and snuggled up next to him. He was getting close to nodding off, and Christine knew she shouldn't say anything, but she couldn't help herself. She didn't realize she was about to walk into pile of dynamite carrying a burning torch.

"I know what the Senator says on the news to keep the base happy, but I really don't see how Meaghan and Sarah being married is anybody's business but theirs. They're really wonderful people, and they deserve to be happy together."

He was drowsy, and he half-muttered his response without much thought. It almost seemed rehearsed. "Christine, everybody knows that a stable home with a mother and a father is the only suitable way to raise children. Anything else leads to a broken society, where children grow up without any moral sense. The breakdown in marriage and families is the cause of most of our social problems, and nontraditional relationships like your friends are causing real damage. Traditional marriage is the foundation of this country, and I will do everything I can to help the Senator protect it."

Christine rolled away from her husband and sat back against the headboard. She expected that sort of response for the public, but not when they were alone together. She looked at him as if a stranger had invaded her home and replaced the man she thought she loved. He continued to lie there, half asleep, not seeing a problem with anything he said. After regarding him for a while, she started to speak, slowly and carefully.

"Oh my God. You really have started to believe all the bile that old bigot spews, haven't you? You used to know better - I could see the cynical look in your eye whenever he went off. But it's not there anymore. I suppose you also believe that all poor people are poor because they're lazy. What the hell happened to you?"

Bob's expression shifted as she spoke, his face filling with anger and contempt. How dare she question the Senator? How dare she question her husband? When he spoke, his voice was an icy mix of bluster and menace, with his North Carolina twang starting to come out.

"Senator Jackson is a great man, and I will not have you insulting him in MY house. You will apologize, and you will do so now, before this gets out of hand."

Christine bolted out of bed, her whole body alert. She hadn't heard that kind of venom in anybody's voice since she lived in that mobile home in Michigan, and she wasn't about to put up with it from anyone, even from her husband. Especially from her husband.

Her response was tightly controlled but equally icy "When you married me, this became OUR house, and you became my partner, not my lord. I will not apologize for insulting the Senator, as you so reverently call him, because I have said nothing untrue about him. I will, however, sleep on the couch until you calm down and come to your senses, if you have any left."

At that, Bob got out of bed too, slowly and stiffly. The two stared warily at each other across the bed, combatants testing each other for weaknesses. Christine thought he might actually hit her, really try to hurt her, and for a moment she was terrified. But growing up as a throwaway had left her with a core of steel, one that had gotten her through Stanford and Stanford Law and four years at a top DC law firm. She wasn't going to let him get the best of her.

She sized him up physically, and decided that while he could hurt her, he wouldn't come away undamaged if he tried. He was much stronger, at least above the waist, and had a good forty or fifty pounds on her, even if a lot of it was flab. But she was an inch taller, with longer reach, and much quicker. And she was in almost the same shape as when she played volleyball in college, while he hadn't exercised in years.

He looked ready to actually do it, to lunge at her, but thought better of it. Instead, he fired a verbal arrow, dripping with spite. "You slept with that whore in high school, didn't you? That's why you're defending those immoral deviants - you're one of them. You're probably fucking that dyke doctor too."