All Comments on 'The Dream Wife'

by DanielQSteele1

Sort by:
  • 565 Comments (Page 2)
SleeplessinMD2SleeplessinMD2about 14 years ago
Another Great Story!

Only the ending gave me pause because Caroline had said that Frank does not do it for her yet she let him sniff around her. Dan had done nothing wrong around either Holly or Caroline but they both pissed on him. Caroline had given him an impossible task giving up on her marriage without even trying to save it. It was up to Dan to save their marraige. It just bothered me that Caroline can think that she can fuck herself back into good graces for what she did to the marriage. It is about trust, respect, truth and honor and Caroline falls short on all counts! The one counter to the above critique is that as damaged and desperate Dan was after the way that Holly and Caroline treated him it is possible for him to concede with his dick and take her back. 2 for 2 on great stories - Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Great Stuff

I've read this story and "Moment of Clarity".....both are exceptionally good. This story has an interesting twist with reconciliation and foregiveness as conclusions. You have made these two tales seemingly easy to tell with your fine pensmanship; so please keep more flowing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Worthless

You fail to maintain the standard of "Moment of Clarity". Only erotic story writers can imagin this type of sick plot. Don't bother about my comment, there are so many uneducated bustard readers in this website who will appreciate your wimp husband stories. Keep on writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
What a let down - nobody is or acts as completely stupid as the fucked up characters in this un-realistic tale.

As we commented on the other story - author, you got to at least try to put some "plausibility" in your efforts. Once again, it nothing more than another pathetic wimp and not one but two slut female characters who are so vain - so much effort and skillful writing wasted on an inferior plot & characters. This shit belongs in the "unrealistic fetish" category - what a waste of time & space. Debra & Wayne

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Brilliant story -

that ended as he left Carolines office. Reconciliation still possible. - - As for the effort you took with your addendum to achieve that goal, I can only agree with Anonymus who wrote "Epilog" at 02/11/10. He says it in fifty words: "I changed the locks the next day. I signed the papers and had my attorney file them with the court. He says that Florida doesn't allow alienation of affection law suits. I thought about getting another blow job from Caroline, but that would put her too close to my balls." - -

Any male with an active instinct of self preservation can see this is the only option. - - You are entitled to your endings, I am entitled to mine.

Please do write more, you are good at it and I enjoy your work. Thx.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Almost...

...perfect. I think you should have ended with him in Carolines' office and the dissertation he had with her...it was right on perfect and concisely accurate. Sad, he did love her but he was right, she just went ahead and had sex with the office sud and...weeks later he encounters her leaving the office getting a kiss on the mouth nd a tit fondled.

Maybe next time, as beautiful as she was, as good as she was, she openly fucked over him without even a talk...Time to Say Goodbye!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Yes

A fantastically well written story. Too bad the hero is such a dumb ass. They are now just a pair of swingers in an open marriage...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
gave a 5 star till

he took her back so now he waits till shes mad and cheats again? HAD TO BE WRITEN BY A CHEATING WOMAN.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
I don't think 1 in 100 would react like this man.

This story was bad on so many different levels. The characters were all incredibly flawed and I think it shows one of the major problems of a female trying to write from a male perspective. Men just do not behave in that manner. And men don't tolerate or accept that kind of behavior from women or react the way that those characters did in the story. This just was not an entertaining or enjoyable story to read. anon jerry

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Excellent

I look forward to your next story. I thought the end could have been a bit more fleshed out and was sort of hurried. However, I thought it was a very interesting story and well written

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Awful ending

Never in my life I've read such a superb story with such s lousy ending... It would be a pity if you let it there. Perhaps you should consider to rewrite it...-----Bavarian

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Excellent Job Again

You are a talented writer. You conveyed Dan's pain very well I think. I liked how is second wife insisted he forgive his first, to prove he loves her. Yes, forgiveness is a requirement of moving on.

Interesting how Holly was able to prompt his letting go by helping Dan understand that it was her skewed perspective, rationalizing her affairs with the belief that Dan wasn't in love with her either, and not her personal vindictiveness. Then the second wife does the same thing in reverse; rationalizes her vindictive affair because Dan didn't love her. Perhaps it would have made for a better ending if the reader was able to see how Dan was able to find and fall in love with two women who were unable to feel and return his love?

Was Dan doing something wrong or is he attracted to really screwed up women?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Good overall

but quite disappointing. especially the ending. seems rushed. make up sex is great but it doesnt solve anything in a relationship. can you even recover Trust?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
The ending!!!!!

Teriffick story with a lousey ending.

SpykkeSpykkeabout 14 years ago
The story developed well...

then you spoiled it all with a poor ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Great story until the ending

Really enjoyed the story; you made it all so believable until the ending. There's no way someone would buy into that ending so quickly. Keep writing; happy endings are good too, just need to make them a bit more realistic with this type of a story.

braveheartmadmaxbraveheartmadmaxabout 14 years ago
terrific start but....

u r a good writer..... but u run out of imaginations at the end. and please dont make the husbands look like wimp

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
should have ended it...

after he confronted her in her office. what the wife did to her husband was not some prank that can be taken lightly. the ending just sucks ass.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 14 years ago
Great on both ends

I see most readers have said something like great story with crappy ending. I'll put out a contrarian view. Succinctly, this story had a dramatic beginning, and probably the only ending that is worthy of such a dramatic introduction.

Consider the intro - Guy comes home from work and loving wife says, "Guess what honey, I spent the afternoon in a hotel screwing another guy. I love you, sayonara." That gets the story off to a rousing start with no equivocation. Consider the ending - Same wife forces hubby into the bedroom and into bed saying, "I am going to screw you to this bed from now to forever because you are the best and because I love you and I know you love me." The ending is equally dramatic and fits the intro.

There are twists and turns of plot as a good story should have. There is no requirement that every thing about every character is lovable, even likeable. This story fits and it flows into a pointed tale of about fifteen pages. Qualifies for Poe's description of a proper short story if I ever saw one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Ending, ending, who's got the ending?

Everyone knows that here in the magical kingdom of Pr0nland, Dan actually did end up with a "get out of jail free" card. Gold plated even. You don't get to pull that shit and not see some turn about. Ok, maybe in the real world, but never in Pr0nland.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Hmmmm

I see Matt Moreau has another pseudonym.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
skipped

The guy is with the woman that wanted a frank discussion? Get over the person that so consciously spoke the hurtful words and did the deed to hurt dan!

2 mistakes and lessons learned and > options for the future prospects for happiness, his

shangoshangoabout 14 years ago
This is what happens when mediocrity is applauded.

You're Lit's answer to Grisham.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
It speaks volumes that the author does NOT see caroline as being BAD or Evil

It says that the author Daniel Q Stelel is mentally off balance.

The wife's argument is that you have NEVER gotten over your's ex wife.

So I am going to force you to confront this by Fucking other men Just like Holly did.

that is NOT evil? sorry but Daniel Steele has issues with reality.

Dan's Obession with his ex wife was over NOT fantasy or sexual. it was over hi PAIN and shock and lack on knowlegde about what happened.

he was NOT obessing over her fantastic tits and ass and / or her sexual performance. He was NOT comparing Holly TO caroline.

Perhaps Caroline should NOT of gotten married knowing his pain. But to to INTENTIONALLY inflict that sort of pain without even ATTEMPTING to try ANYTHING else...

is evil.

bigguy323bigguy323almost 14 years ago
what a convoluted pile of crap. Among the WORST plots I've ever read on Lit.

This guy just has NO balls. The first wife, has to die. Well planned and executed but dead dead dead. The second wife, well, he just needs to do what he first said after their confrontation. Never see or speak to her again. Now, I wouldn't object to fucking her up a bit for the pain she caused. I mean who the FUCK can control their dreams.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Ditto!

.... a comment from an earlier "anonymous" poster that this "anonymous" poster ( yours truly ) agrees with -

"It speaks volumes that the author does NOT see Caroline as being BAD or Evil

It says that the author Daniel Q Stelel is mentally off balance. The wife's argument is that you have NEVER gotten over your's ex wife. So I am going to force you to confront this by Fucking other men Just like Holly did. that is NOT evil? sorry but Daniel Steele has issues with reality. Dan's Obession with his ex wife was over NOT fantasy or sexual. it was over hi PAIN and shock and lack on knowledge about what happened. he was NOT obsessing over her fantastic tits and ass and / or her sexual performance. He was NOT comparing Holly to Caroline. Perhaps Caroline should NOT of gotten married knowing his pain. But to to INTENTIONALLY inflict that sort of pain without even ATTEMPTING to try ANYTHING else... is evil." - end of comment.

My additional thoughts _

.... it's a shame with all of your writing skills, you don't seem to have the capacity to compose a story where the "wronged" receive justice ( no, not revenge ) and the perpetrator ( see "cheating" wife ) pays for their wrongs at the hands of the "wronged".

Should your audience hold out that maybe your next story may employ the aforementioned strategy ... I hope so?!?

The NavigatorThe Navigatoralmost 14 years ago

When I read the other commentators it seems some forget this is just a story. At its best, it should be entertaining to some. And not to others. It is not necessarily autobiographical. The characters are not real people. They are someone the author dreamed up. Due to his limitations -- and ours -- they may not be complete people. We can find fault with the plot, and the way it evolves. But, I don't think we can find fault with the characters and their actions. Those are the output of the author's imagination. There is no guarantee we will like it. Just as an apple pie might have too much cinnamon for our taste, some of these characters might be to quirky for our liking, just as some of our acquaintances are too quirky for a close relationship.

<p> <p> <p> Remember, it is just a story. Some may like it, some not. The author never intended to satisfy all readers, only some.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Unbelieveable

I have read your other stories. This one is not your best afford - just to unbelieveable. At least, this guy thinks with his little hat - and forget the betraying!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
An excellent story!

Thank you

That was a well written story that actually considered the complexity of human emotion.

ChagrinedChagrinedalmost 14 years ago
Excellent Story and Excellent Writer

This is professional quality. this is the way I wish stories here were written and so many aren't! It shows a depth of characterization and story telling seldom seen. A writer I can poearn from. I love the way all the facts are revealed over time and not just thrown out. It is like grabbing the stray end of a sweater and watching it unravel before your eys!

Great Job! I will be a fan of yours!

LevellynLevellynalmost 14 years ago
Excellent Story - Very Emotional

I agree with Chagrined.

It's a very touching story.

Good writing skill. Nice to read.

Keep going

With best regards.

muirmadramuirmadraalmost 14 years ago
Well written ... but

You write a convincing and well written story. However, this one I found a might unbelievable. Any husband who accepts a wife whom he's loved and allow her back so soon after such a ruthless betrayal needs a shrink. Any wife that would so easily betray the man she supposedly loved to hurt him for wrongs unknown to him is nothing but evil personified. Doesn't stick. But, still a nice read.

When you had the husband approach his wife while she stood there with her lover in her office and tell her that he was able to forgive and forget about his ex and learned he could forget about his current wife and wanted nothing more to do with her ... well, that was perfect. Particularly, when you laid out his understanding of how she intentionally went out to destroy him and how he would not have done so.

The unbelievable part? That, after such mayhem and destruction of their marriage he allowed her back into his life so easily, so soon.

roadbirdroadbirdalmost 14 years ago
i cant believe

that hed allow her back so soon after betraying him as she did...dont you think she owes him a fuck with that good looking redhead ...hell yes n for what she did she should set it up...nope for every action their must be a reaction...so she fucked frank ...now he gets a fuck also then maybe see if they both can get over an infildelity...good writing yes but you just dont think like a true man would..a true man would have to get revenge for frank also...well written but not logical

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 14 years ago
Well written

I just don't see how he could let his second wife back in his life, after she tried to hurt him so much.

It is one thing to want to leave him, but she didn't have to push the issue to the point of adultery.

That one act of betrayal makes her just like his first wife, and that's my consensus as to why he couldn't ever let her back in his life.

Once a cheater always a cheater, and eventually Caroline will find another man that does for her what Dan has been able to do.

As far as his first wife, she was nothing more than an opportunistic slut.

Thanks for the read

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
No male

This writer is not male, the plot can only have been written be a female, too wimpy to be any other gender

morris53morris53almost 14 years ago
Great Job!

I seldom comment, but after reading Ohio's comment, I thought that I better agree at least with his thought of how your story touches people. I would have liked to seen his seperation from C last a little longer, but realize that reality doesn't always work out the way we expect it to. Very plauseable. Please keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Well written, terrible story line.

What a terrible story! Who is the reader expected to identify with or agree with? These characters are so completely broken that their behavior is completely beyond belief. The women are totally without morals and are not due any respect at all. Dan is pitiful, stupid, worthless, and doomed to continue repeating his mistakes. This is one of those stories I read and kept hoping that it would finally come together in the end and make my investment is time all worth while, but that didn't happen. DQS you write very well, you are able to tell a story much better then most here, but your choice of story lines is just so unacceptable/unbelieveable that it is enough to make some of us ignore your future work. Pity. anon jerry

LakesLakesalmost 14 years ago
Powerful writing, just riviting

Your talent is awsome. I agree with most here that the ending was not well done, and was a disapointment. However, there is no doubt about your writing talent.

zifermanzifermanalmost 14 years ago
Excellent!

Thoughtful and not completely trivial. Top 1 percent in the genre.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Not in real life

I can’t imagine any man as whipped as Dan.

Thank god that I’ve never meet any man as wimpy up as Dan.

In real life he would not only have dumped Caroline right after the words “I slept with another man” left her lips, but he would have had a clue that Holly was a slut and had DNA tests done himself and then gone after Dave for child support.

Nobody is that forgiving.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Trust

I don't see how Caroline could ever be trusted again.

GreenleafRGreenleafRalmost 14 years ago
Another "thinking" story - you are the best at them

Thanks for writing another thoughtful relationship story and sharing it with us. You have provided me with the tools for many hours of thoughts about my own relationships and helped me see where they work and where they are wanting. Best wishes

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good story!

You are a good story teller. Keep writing! Thanks for sharing! Ohio, USA

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
95% Perfect

Your story was well written and different and somewhat believable but - when he went to her office and gave her the dissertation on having done what she asked, told her she was worse than Holly by the way she had conducted herself and hinted still was, told her he would sign the papers...it should have ended there.

Yes, he really loved her but Holly had shown him how to get past emotional hurt and he was right - her actions were that of a cheat and a slut and No she didn't think he would go through with it s0...hello Frank...want some more?

He needed to leave, she wasn't fair, decent or caring enough to talk to him and as she made an excuse once to cheat.....goodbye!!!

You are a good writer, don't stop!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Why keep her?

Caroline is a self-centered and manipulative bitch, and Dan is just substituting one person who did not love him for another. Even if she is obsessed with sex with Dan, she will, at some point want to try some other office stud, or some guy she meets in a girls night out, etc, and will again be unfaithful to Dan. Her promises are disingenuous and she will not hesitate to hurt Dan deliberately again. The Dan character is stupid, and the Caroline character is mean-spirited. The author did not do a good job of resolving this issue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
What is it

You want transfer the massages special sex with out love is nothing. But in my view so many marriage can exist with sexual matching. With out sex love is nothing, how they establish the family the two are live together for about 10 years and have two lovely children. Any how you know.......

Addisu from Ethiopia

addisu150@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
No, you're not a great story teller!

I read the comments on your great tales..but they ain't!. Same tired theme. Boy meets girl, boy marries girl, girl cheats, boy gets balls, boy becomes wimp. Try a different theme.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Poor Ending

He regained his peace of mind and self image, and then he throws them away for pussy. I assume you meant to show how much the loved each other and how they can now give each other all of themself, but you blew it. Even with their honest confessions, the wife is still a vindictive, mean, ugly souled bitch....and he still wimped out. No scorched earth needed, just a man willing to be a man. You had the wife go to far and be too viscious. Great story, really bad ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
great story

Your extremely well-written story prevented a likeable guy from becoming a 2-time loser. I might not have had Caroline fuck Frank, but the story, as a whole, was super.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
This is one of the first times ever where I would have tossed the girl

I enjoy reading the comments nearly as much as the stories. I usually laugh at the misogynists who rant and rave about once a cheating slut always a cheating slut. But this is one time I would have walked away. He was right: his first wife had never intentionally hurt him. I would have made a clean break.

But good story otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good story, well written, but the ending doesn't match.

The story should have ended with Dan walking away from Caroline, and finding that third great love. Too much hurt, too much betrayal. Sign the papers, Dan, and make your exit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
She didn't deserve him

Any woman who would fuck another guy and tell her hubby about it just to hurt him isn't worth having.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Here we go...moral equivalency again!

So many authors like you, in trying to justify the man's taking back a cheating wife, like to try to make him guilty also by pulling the old moral equivalency saw. He THINKS about fucking Holly, and that is "equivalent to" her ACTUALLY fucking Frank, therefore both are equally guilty. Let me tell you, old sod, that there is a world of difference between thinking about it and actually doing it, and they are NOT equivalent.<p>

That little ploy actually ruined a good story. But it seems that Lit.com authors can't write a decent ending either because they want to make the man as guilty as the wife, or because they do not subscribe to the time-tested rule that "once a cheater, always a cheater." He should have dumped Caroline, and tried a third time...maybe a charm.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
This was not as good as other efforts

Your story had me all the way through until they finished having sex. Of course she would have regrets. Of course she would try what she did...even after giving him the big F.U. by having Frank around constantly.

After she finished fucking and sucking him dry, he should have told her honestly "I already signed the papers and submitted them in court. I really liked the sex, but this didn't change a thing and you burned too many bridges."

It if fully in keeping with male sexuality. In fact, 'pushing her buttons' the way no one else could and then dumping her would have been a fitting revenge.

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
Probably your worst story sofar......

Did someone else write this and use your byline? It just doesn't jive with your other stories. Oh yeah, you've got a husband who has been gutted by a heartless cheating slut wife, but he still has deep feelings for that is keeping him from truly committing himself to his new wife. That does sound familar but why do we have him taking a cheating slut back...Why?

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago
I have to believe,

The only reason she blamed him for stil loving his ex was to try out Franks cock and justify herself in doing so. Self justification and denial are the tools for getting out of blame these days, or responsibility of ones own actions.

jackagjackagabout 13 years ago
another very good effort on your part.

I enjoyed this story and can see exactly how it could occur.

Holly was even more of a witch than normal when at the end she explained just how evil she was. Not about the kid but about how she left him dangling , not knowing why she did what she did to him. he could have gotten over her sooner if she had been honest with him at divorce time.

very good effort on this one, when will the next installment of "when I was married " be coming out, still a lot of interest in that story.

Thanks for entertaining us Jack

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
You had to ruin it, didn't you?

The story was moving toward a believable, if inappropriate, ending when you had Dan confess that he had THOUGHT about laying his ex-wife down on a table and fucking her, and EQUATE that with his present wife's cheating. It is called moral equivalency, and it considers thinking about an act to be equivalent to doing the act. It seems that most of you porn writers on Lit.com subscribe to that philosophy.

It is a convenient way to turn men into wimps when you want them to "forgive" a more serious transgression on the part of a woman. In most cases it is just plain bullshit. It is one of those devices that can ruin a story by being preposterous.

SELSTIMSELSTIMabout 13 years ago
What! No Happy Ending?

It was good until he took her back at the end. You made men look like mindless idiots. All you have to do is suck their cocks and they'll forgive a woman anything. Nope, a better ending would have been if Dan had sex with her then sent her to her mom's so he could think about it. Especially, after she confessed to why she fucked Frank. Then sign the divorce papers and return them to her lawyer. When she called he would tell her that he could not stay married to a wife that cheats. If she really wanted to marry him then she will have to convince him that he can trust her. They will date each other until after the divorce goes through which if not contested will be in about six months. Then when an appropriate amount of time passes to make sure he's not getting her off the rebound they will see where their relationship stands with regards to mariage. Then he would call Holly and thank her for being so honest with him and tell her that she should go to the court and tell the judge that she no longer thinks that Dan should have to pay alimony for both children because of the way she treated him and the fact that Dan had paid the mortgage off on the house before she kicked him out and moved Bill in. Of course, the kids being at such a young age would never know that their mom's alimony check had decreased by half so Becky would never have to know that Dan really wasn't her father. He could still put money aside for their college. Now that would be a happy ending for all. Again, excellent writing. I figure as long as everybody was confessing that they would like to make amends to those they had hurt, namely, Dan. Thank you

SELSTIMSELSTIMabout 13 years ago
Correction

I meant child support instead of alimony.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Your other stories are good..this is a pathetic piece of work.

You go brain dead or something? Second wife is a fucking slut and he takes her back. Did he have a cum pie for supper? How can such a good author write such a piece of garbage. Started with balls and then turned into a cuckolded wimp. Get it into one sock! Makes me angry how a man can be neutered by an unthinking author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Unbelievable...

I'm so tired of reading comments from people who say how real men should act. You guys are pathetic. If you don't like the story, then vote and move on. Saying "He's not a real man," isn't constructive criticism, it's mindless dribble by people who are too messed up to fix their own lives. Good story dqs.

ksandgrenksandgrenabout 13 years ago
Destryed a great story with an awful ending

I love most of your work and am among those anxiously awaiting another episode of When We Were Married. While this one was great through the first three pages, the ending reeked. He came to a proper decision and made the right judgement about the character of the current wife after talkiing to the first wife. The whole story was destroyed by his not sticking to his correct decision.

roscovichroscovichabout 13 years ago
Thank you for an excellent story,as per your usual standart.

I am surprised by some of the comments. We all know that each reader will perceive what his brain is capable of perceiving. To admit on public forum that one is an idiot is embarrassing.

I suppose that is the reason why they are "anonymous".

I like reading your stories,all of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
'dribble'?

If you mean 'drivel' this story definitely qualifies.

If someone undertakes to discern the most hurtful thing they can do to their spouse and then does it, there is no coming back. If they had a child would she have suffocated it because she figured that would be the most hurtful thing?

Any person with even the most modest instinct of self-preservation would run, not walk, away from this psycho as fast as humanly possible.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Good enough

I agree with the other Authors about the ending. Yet, I understand that you wrote the story with your idea of who and what Caroline was or was not, and just didn't finish it as well as you could have. I forgive you as it was still better than most I have read. Don't quit please...you are the best on this site to me. I don't see much from Ohio or some of the other good ones anymore. Wish I did.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Dissatisfying because it is unbelievable.

I love your work. You are amazingly talented. Your writing is technically and artistically amazing. However...I didn't like this one. A guy who gets hurt is not going to run back and be anxious to forgive someone who hurt him a second time. That is just completely unrealistic. It defies human nature. However, it is well written and entertaining. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Sometimes a person should pass on a second chance - like him, here, with caroline. He was free to find other possibilities, and screwed that up with your ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
to unrealistic to be worth comment

put bluntly, no fucking way

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Ending redo

I would love to have others(Stangstar, Ohio, etc...) put their own spin on the ending of this story.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
What crap!

At least I didn't waste much time reading. When I read that he still loves his cheating ex, I stopped reading and rated it 1*.

That he would still love his cheating ex, after being married to a loving wife for 18 months is more impossible than the "Twilight zone." That is not how the human mine works.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
wow this is so whats the word... HATEFUL? It is so anti Man

Its not just the the ending. Sure it just well offesnive that the author argues that this weak pathetic man can be won over and forigve his new cunt whore of a wife by getting s simply blowjob.

The whole thing is really bad.

WHY does he stay and listen to Holly shit on him?

WHY would he care if she eventually became so racked with guilt she was placed on valium ?

The ex wife claims she knwos what she did was wrong. She Knows she was evil and cruel and nasty.

She knows she didnt love him but more than that she went out of her way to hurt him.

Yet every confesion she makes hurts the ex husband MORE and only makes her feel better for finally speaking the truth.

wow this is soooo bad.

DunaDunaalmost 13 years ago

I do not undarstand him, he could have get rid of love of 2 bad women one time......

Scorpio44Scorpio44almost 13 years ago
Not because I agree with what they did

but because the story was well written, compelling and had my attention to the ending. I wouldn't have ended it the way you did, which may be why I enjoyed seeing how you ended it. If everyone ended their stories like I would, I'd quit reading stories.

Thanks for an enjoyable read. A favorite read.

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
a masterfull tale of a man that became a true cuckold

i agree with the man hater comment, i like most of your stories, very well written, but you have a gift for destoying men. From your ADA story to this one. For a man you certainly hate us.

juanviejojuanviejoalmost 13 years ago
Estiercol de perro!

Pure and unadulterated "estiercol".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

The sad part of this story is that what the woman said in the Diner is my life story but instead of 2 kids its 3 and instead of 10 years it was 22.

KenjinnKenjinnover 12 years ago
what the fuck?!

caroline is a psychotic bitch. what the hell does she mean by not loving her enough?! of course he'll be calling his exes name and thinking about her. she was his wife for ten years for gods sake. not that im saying that he has the right to do that, he is a sad weak willed excuse for a man. letting his ex control him and his emotions like that.

fuck all of them,

the loose slut of an ex wife

the spineless puddle of urine that passed for a man

and the crazy ho of a new wife

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
IF YOU DONT LEARN THE 1ST TIME

you should catch on the 2nd time around. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Not bad, but ....

A tad long winded. (but still good), a little confusing at the end, he was over his new wife and his ex, then suddenly he wasn't over the new wife and took her back. A little flip-floppy.

chess1972chess1972over 12 years ago
Well written, but...

I almost gave up on this about halfway through. I couldn't see any reason for him to care about his marriage to Caroline. He should have just written it off as the rebound mistake it obviously was. I'm glad I kept reading because the air clearing scene with Holly was extremely well done. I don't mind a good reconciliation story, but this was not one. It needed to end in Caroline's office after he says he's forgiven Holly and signed the divorce papers. The rest was just silly.

BaronScrewtapeBaronScrewtapeover 12 years ago
After reading the whole thing...

... I have decided I wanted the happy ending, where he finally takes control of his life.

From now on, I will stop reading at the following line:

"As he went down the elevator after the end of his second great love, he thought that he had expected it to hurt more. But like he had said, getting over Holly had taught him a great lesson. You can't torture yourself forever for the shitty things that other people did to you. It was enough to punish yourself for your own sins."

Awesome ending right there. The main character has learned from his experiences, and grown up from the childish fantasy love he now realizes existed only in his mind. The rest of the story, if you keep reading, just erases all that the main character has learned and put him back to being the same, delusional man at the beginning of the tale.

So, thank you for your excellent writing... for overall it is very good. I just disagree as to where you ended it.

MarvinSMarvinSover 12 years ago
Ending

Methinks the best ending was when we walked away after saying he didn't love her anymore.

saratusaratuover 12 years ago

GARBAGE ,,,,,,,I hated it ! ! !

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
He Did What?

did she say he called out his first wifes name when he came in wife #2? no fucking wonder she was pissed. a little payback was necessary there - but not fucking another dude. that was way out there. not sure about this one, but hell - life is crazy and people do crazy things, including forgiving.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Intermediate ending would have satisfied more as the final ending . . .

. . . but I acknowledge that these things are never black and white. The outcome I'd wish for myself is refusing to take her back. Thanks, though, for a well-crafted story.

ginrunnerxginrunnerxover 12 years ago
Questions

I agree with Anon about ending it before they got back together, where his first fife never hurt him on purpose his second went out to hurt him as much as possible , not only did she promise him that she wouldnt see Frank until the divorce was final , he catches her letting Frank take liberty's like feeling her tits and kissing her. So he had really did have a cheating slut for a wife and he would have been better off getting rid of the cheating bitch and finding someone that loved him for himself and not fall on her back for the first good looking stud to give her the nod. She is nothing but a two bit slut and he would be better off without her.

The writing was top rate and the story was great, i just think the ending sucked.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
pure idiocy, taking back the cheater who barebacked a guy while still his wife

doing it on purpose then trying to emotionally and mentally destroying her husband. What an evil slut! No way in hell. He should have called the cops and had her removed. Were he to even think of having sex with her again all the medical testing for months before she is proved to be negative, get real and she would have to quit the agency she works for and Frank should be sued for alienation of affection because he knew he was fucking a married woman who was not separated or divorced. All told to much cuck not enough man. No LW tale here!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
What would CharleyBear do?

I'd like to see an alternate ending.

Yuri5Yuri5over 12 years ago
what a load of bullshit at the end

fuck this crap. you give a man a conviction then you see him break it. why the fuck should he take her back? so everyone's a slave to their sex drive - he should have used and abused her, then thrown her away. fuck that trash-slut. if you're a man and you're reading this, you better be doing the same you wimpy limp-dick fucking pothead. goddamn, reading this shit has me pissed off with this faggot author for fucking up a good story. fucking shithead! i'd give respect to anyone who writes something good, but you seem to be begging otherwise. well, fuck you!

Yuri5Yuri5over 12 years ago
apologies for my rant

i didn't like the way the story ended as i think it could have gone better, as it had a good start, and he should have dropped his wife because it's still BS in my mind. i do apologise for being so insulting about it though. DQS, you're a good author, though i think so many storylines are wishy-washy and too easily forgiving just because women are the "fairer sex". i don't think someone who cheats is of the "fairer sex".

LegionsOfLiesLegionsOfLiesover 12 years ago
Agree with yuri5

Plus I just like the word yuri.

OldCrashOldCrashabout 12 years ago
Execelent writing and story, but the ending sucked!

In real life, or mine anyway, her ass would have hit the street and never had a chance to come back and screw with his head. In this story it just doesn't "feel" right given the setting of the story and persons in it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Ah

Your first story was great well sorted , but this one ahhhh not so great. You wrote the black husband as a wimp,married to a big tit blond cheating whore and remarried to another cheating whore and of course he forgives her because he loves her and the way she sucks his dick. I bet he still pays child support for the the other guys kids. If only u made him a pimp

BourbondogBourbondogabout 12 years ago
Sorry what I ment was

You should have him being a black man with white whores then at least It would have been over the top racist as well as sexist and could have been a comedy!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I gave it 2 stars...

...the story had promise, then they got back together? Bad way to end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

When wife #2 did what she did, and especially after the Holly conversation, she should have been history. He was released from the mess, by them respectively, and could move forward, without either of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

The writing and characters were good, especially Holly toward the end. However, it's not very realistic for Dan to just get over Holly instantly after a conversation or forgive Caroline after realizing what she did was to hurt him purposefully. So Dan's a sadist, want to submit himself to pain with a cheating wife.

FD45FD45about 12 years ago
Huh I had forgotten when I didn't reread this story like I do your other works

Now I remember.

At the absolute least, she needs to quit her job. Period. But you didn't have her do that. She never apologized.

Caroline IS a much worse person then Holly ever was.

I was cheering the story until the last apartment scene. Then you just rolled the story into a ball and left it lying smoking on the side of the road.

Why would you do that to a perfectly good story?

MrVdogMrVdogabout 12 years ago
Lots of reality here

Entirely believable. Neither woman has a conscience, just like 90% of the women I know. Dan is a wimpy idiot, like most husbands.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous