The Story of a Civil War Widow

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Why had reading about two women being intimate aroused her so. She had heard veiled rumors of such behavior, but really only hints. She had never believed that such things would actually happen. Now she had to know. She would attend the widow's group the next day.

She had decided on her next step. The idea of making love with a woman, though, was still beyond her grasp. She did long for the feel of a body close to her, filling her, making her cum. That much she knew.

She dressed carefully the next day for the widow's get together. There were quite a few women there, about fifteen. She managed to say the code words, although she had almost been too frightened to. She didn't know which of the women were in on the secret, nor how many of them. She slipped the phrase into the conversation when the ladies were getting a bit suggestive with their conversation.

"Of course you do, Margaret," Her friend Mary replied with a smile. "We all miss our husbands, but there comes a time to move on even as we still hold them in our hearts."

Several of the other women nodded and voiced agreement. Mary was one of the women Margaret was friendliest with. They had grown up together and had been on good terms since childhood. Mary had a daughter about Jason's age. The children went to the same school. Margaret smiled to herself when she thought of that. Jason was of an age that he didn't see any use for girls.

As the group was breaking up Mary came up to Margaret. "I'm so glad you said that about your Jim," she said. "Why don't you visit me tomorrow? We'll have tea, lunch and a talk, just the two of us."

"I'd be happy to," Margaret replied.

"Come early," continued Mary. "That gives us time for a little private talk while our children are in school."

When Margaret picked up her handbag it felt a little heavier. She didn't look inside until she was home. The extra weight was from a ceramic dildo. Not shaped like a cock, but rounded to slide easily into a wet cunt. If found by her son its purpose would not be obvious. It was of a size that would stretch her pussy walls when she slid it inside herself.

"So it's Mary," Margaret whispered to herself. She wondered, not without anxiety, what would happen the next day and who else would be there.

Despite the apprehension she rushed upstairs to her bedroom. Her pussy was already wet when she fell onto her bed and lifted her skirts to shove the dildo into her eager cunt.

Margaret bathed that evening. She usually bathed twice a week. Many women of her class bathed weekly, but she was one of those who were a bit more fastidious; especially since they had learned about germs and the necessity of cleanliness. She also washed with hot water and soap daily.

In her bed that night she masturbated again with her new dildo. She warmed it between her breasts before she thrust it into her excited pussy. Once again she felt there was someone on her body thrusting into her. Yes, she knew it was her own hand doing the thrusting, but the presence was comforting to her.

In the morning she got Jason off to school. She washed thoroughly and dressed in, what was generally called, a walking dress. Margaret was not excited about fashion and found bustles uncomfortable and a trifle ridiculous. Nonetheless the dress she chose had a bustle and lots of flounces. It was what she would be expected to wear for a visit to another woman's home.

She debated whether to wear drawers. Some women didn't. She decided she would. She had no idea what to expect, but she did think, especially since someone had given her a dildo, that there would be some kind of intimate play with them.

Margaret was surprised that she found herself willing to contemplate such activity. She wondered what had become of her modesty and, even more, her morality. Had she become a sinner? Were those other women sinners? Had she, perhaps, gone insane? Her sudden overwhelming desire to experience paroxysm might indicate that she had. But how would that explain the other women, even her mother and Lydia? She sat still for several minutes thinking about what was happening to her. But she had asked the almighty to guide her. She could only assume that it was his hand leading her. If she felt the need she could always refuse to indulge in any activity the lord told her was wrong.

She walked the quarter mile to Mary's house. Mary answered the door with a wide smile. She greeted her friend with a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"I'm so glad you decided to come," Mary told her. "Sit down." She indicated the sofa.

There were no other women present. Margaret was relieved. She trusted Mary and was confident that her friend would not hurt her, or lead her into wrongful ways.

A teapot and cups were on the table in front of the sofa. Mary sat on the couch with Margaret and poured for both of them.

Both woman sipped at their tea before Mary spoke.

"I know you're wondering what this is all about, Margaret. I wondered too when I was in your position. I will explain and answer any questions you have."

"I will confess to more than a little curiosity," Margaret replied.

"First, there is a group of ladies who, like you and I, have lost their husbands to the war. A group that is part of, but separate from, the weekly widow's meetings. Many of the women in our circumstances are overpowered by the ensuing loneliness. Some of us have taken matters into our own hands. We have decided not to be docile and demure, although we may act that way to others.

"There are few men left in this city who we consider husband material, even if they were interested in a widow with children. And, there is the danger of pregnancy, something none of us can ignore.

"We thought you might benefit from joining us, or at least have knowledge of outlets for your stresses."

Mary looked at Margaret, waiting to see if she had anything to say.

"Thank you for thinking of me," Margaret said. "Was it you who put the book in my handbag. I brought it with me, by the way, in case you need it back."

"No, it wasn't me, but I approved of it. It was another lady, a friend, who gave it to you. She gave you the dildo too. We would like the book back when you are done with it. There are several other ladies who we feel may need it."

"How many ladies are in your group?" Margaret asked.

"I don't want to divulge that information just yet, Mary. You will know soon. After you have decided to join us."

"Have all the ladies who have read the book joined with you?"

"Almost all. Two did not join with us, but are sympathetic to us. They make use of what they learned. Much as you are doing at the present. We can tell, your face and demeanor show it.

"Before I go further, Margaret, I must caution you about secrecy. No one not part of our group can ever learn of us."

"I understand, Mary. I'll be careful."

"So you have decided to join us?"

Margaret laughed. "Not quite, Mary. I've decided I'm very interested. I have real doubts about some of what I read in the book. Things like women putting their mouths on other women's private parts."

"Yes," Mary replied. "That was a problem with many of us. While some of the ladies enjoy it many of us only want the closeness, the feeling of shared loving.

"We try to be understanding of all desires. We do not condemn any activity that brings joy to its participants. Nor do we try to force any activity on any of our members."

Mary paused again. "I think, for now, Margaret you are excited that you have found a new pleasure in your life. You've learned that paroxysm is a right that god gave women. We only need to take that right for ourselves.

"I think that what you miss is someone to share your joy. I know what you need, I have been there. Many other women have been there before us. We can learn from them."

"What do I need, Mary?" Margaret asked. Her tone was just a trifle playful.

"Come with me," Mary said. She stood and held a hand out to Margaret. "I promise you will not be disappointed."

Margaret stood, she trusted her friend and knew it would be as she said. She picked up her handbag and let Mary lead her upstairs to her bedroom.

"Let's get your dress off," Mary told her. "They only get in the way. Your corset too."

Mary opened the buttons on the front of Margaret's dress. Between them they let it fall to the floor and Margaret stepped out of it. Mary removed her own dress. It was a house gown and much simpler. She was not wearing a corset and her breasts sprang free. She was wearing drawers as Margaret was. She made no move to remove them. They were split and did not cover her private parts.

Margaret removed her corset and the shift she wore under it. Both women sat on the side of the bed to remove their shoes. Both women were wearing silk stockings. They covered the leg to just above the knee and were held up with garters. It was Margaret's only pair of silk hose. She seldom wore them, but she had that day.

Mary pulled open a drawer in the small table next to her bed. It contained a small collection of dildos, polished hardwood or ceramic; one was glass. She selected one and asked Margaret if she wanted one of them.

Margaret blushed. "I brought the one someone gave me." She got it from her reticule.

Mary rolled onto the bed and held up a hand to Margaret. Margaret lay beside her friend. Her nervousness was obvious, but she was determined to continue on the path she had set for herself.

She was astounded, not only that she found herself about to engage in a sexual exchange with another woman, but was actively participating. Her newfound desire for sexual pleasure, and the knowledge that it was achievable, gave her the impetus to participate in an activity that she would have seen as scandalous only days ago.

Mary pulled Margaret into a close embrace. There were no kisses, not yet. Mary fondled her friend's breasts and tweaked her nipple, rolling it between her fingers. She was delighted to hear a soft sigh from Margaret and to feel the nipple hardening. She took the dildo from Margaret's hand and rubbed it over the lips of Margaret's pussy. She felt it with her fingers to assure herself that Margaret was wet enough. She slid it into her friend's willing cunt and was rewarded with a gasp of pleasure. She grasped Margaret's hand and brought it to her clit, her hand stayed with Margaret's as she guided her. Guidance that Margaret accepted, although she didn't really need it. While Margaret was rubbing her clit Mary thrust the dildo in and out in her friend's pussy.

Mary lifted herself over Margaret's body to take a tit into her mouth. Margaret thrilled to the feel of her friend's closeness held her there with her free arm. The excitement of the dildo, the masturbation, her tit being sucked by Mary brought Margaret quickly to an orgasm. Her nervousness evaporated with the thrills rushing through her body. Mary didn't stop. She brought Margaret to yet another orgasm. The first time that Margaret had ever enjoyed such consecutive thrills.

Margaret's hand fell from her clit. She feebly pushed Mary's hand away. She was replete. She rolled to face Mary and threw her arms around her. She hugged her friend with gratitude.

"That was wonderful, Mary, Thank you."

"It's only the beginning, Margaret," Mary replied. "There is so much still to come."

"Let me do you," Margaret told her.

"I'd like that," Mary replied.

She gave Margaret the wooden dildo she had taken from her drawer. Margaret noticed that it was larger than her own. Mary didn't wait, her hand was at her clit rubbing it when Margaret pushed the dildo into her.

It was another first for Margaret when she took Mary's nipple into her mouth. Another experience she would have been shocked by only days ago.

Mary came as soon as she felt Margaret's lips on her tit. Things were going as well as she'd hoped. She looked forward to the rest of the day and many future days.

They rested after Mary was satisfied. Their bodies touching as they told each other how excited they were. Margaret questioned Mary about other ladies that she had similar experiences with. Mary, however would not tell her any names, or even how many there might be. She would admit that there was a sizable group. She cautioned Margaret, again, that secrecy was of utmost importance.

The women got up and put on dressing gowns to have a bite to eat. After lunch they returned to the bedroom, both of them anxious for more. Mary took her contrivance from the closet. She showed it to Margaret and asked if she would like to try it.

"Yes," Margaret licked her lip. "I think I would."

The contrivance was made of soft leather with a velvet lining for comfort. A wooden dildo projected from the front. Margaret laid on the bed and watched Mary put it on. She was excited, a feeling of anticipation took control of her body. Her pussy was wet with an empty feeling.

Mary climbed onto the bed and knelt between Margaret's spread legs. She brought the dildo to Margaret's pussy and rubbed it against her clit a few times. Margaret lifted her hips to her friend. She was ready. She wanted it. Mary slid the wooden shaft into her and leaned down over her.

Mary thrust the dildo into Margaret's eager pussy, fucking her; woman on woman. She nibbled at Margaret's tit as she pumped the wooden cock into her.

Margaret lifted her arms to Mary. She drew her down to lie on her body, to feel her womanly flesh against her own. To exult in the feeling of fullness in her cunt and the welcome weight of a body on hers.

Their tits pressed against each other's, hard nipple against hard nipple. She felt an orgasm ripping through her. Her legs clasped over Mary's back holding her close. With gasps and soft cries Margaret came for her friend.

Once again they lay close together, relaxing. Margaret offered to don the strap on, but Mary said she wanted to try something else. She took Margaret's dildo and turned so that she was facing Margaret in what we would call a sixty-nine position.

She pushed the dildo into Margaret's pussy. Margaret, following her lead, did the same for Mary. Each woman massaged her own clit while the other plied a dildo in their wet pussies. Margaret sensed the aroma of a pussy close up. She was not repelled. Rather she found the scent of another woman somewhat alluring, especially considering the state of heat both women were in. Both were soon cumming with ecstatic cries.

It was at the height of an orgasm that Margaret felt Mary push her hand away from her clit and Mary's tongue take its place. She only came harder as Margaret pulled the dildo from her pussy and let her lips and tongue send waves of pleasure through Margaret's body.

Margaret might have been repulsed if it had been anyone but Mary; or maybe not. She was finding that she was, in reality, a very sexual woman. A trait she had kept hidden, even from herself, in keeping with the mores of the time. She had already accepted, and enjoyed, dildo play with another woman. She had exulted at the feel of a woman's body on her as she was fucked with a strap on. This was a natural next step.

Without thought, but with a feeling of inevitability Margaret followed Mary's lead. She pushed her face into Mary's hot, wet cunt. She sucked her clit. She drank her sweet juices. She screamed, muffled by her friend's pussy, in ecstasy. She had found herself.

Their faces remained buried in each other's cunts. Licking and sucking, drinking the essences of feminine lust. Rolling over each other. Margaret on top, Mary on top, on their sides. Mary quit first, she was about to faint from the continuous thrill. Margaret lifted her head from Mary's sweet pussy when she felt the other woman stop.

They looked at each other, their faces smeared with each other's nectar, and smiled. A kiss followed, their first. A wet, open mouthed kiss with tongues dancing. They licked their juices from each other's face and told each other how exciting the experience had been.

It was soon time to dress. Mary's daughter would be home from school soon. Jason would be home soon too, but he would go to his gramma's house. They were having tea together when Mary's daughter, Becky, came home. Margaret had mentioned that Lydia was visiting the doctor the following day for a treatment. Both agreed that it was a waste of money to have the doctor perform a procedure that could so easily, and probably with more pleasure, be done by oneself.

Margaret left soon after. She collected Jason at Lydia's house and assured her mother-in-law that she would accompany her to the doctor the following day. Lydia offered to fix them dinner, but Margaret declined. She wanted to be alone with her thoughts and her feelings of fulfilment.

She put Jason to bed a little early. In her own bed she let her thoughts roam. Was her behavior wanton? Had she sinned? Why had she such feelings of contentment and serenity? She had asked the lord to lead her in his chosen direction. Surely today must have been his doing. With a smile and a feeling of gratitude Margaret thanked God for his gift. Of one thing she was sure. There was no going back.

Chapter 2

The following day Margaret escorted Lydia to the doctor's office for her mother-in-law's hysteria treatment. After the treatment they waited while Lydia recovered a bit before walking home.

Lydia felt very relaxed. She told Margaret of her delight that the doctor was so proficient at bringing her to paroxysm. She went so far as to recommend that Margaret visit the same physician.

Then she added. "If you should ever need relief from hysteria, that is."

Margaret held her tongue, at least for the moment. Her thoughts, though, were about her mother and Lydia and their hysteria treatments. She thought she would look for an opportunity to talk to one, or both, of them. To let them know that other treatments were available.

The Sunday after her tryst with Mary she attended church as usual. She sat with her mother and Lydia with Jason sitting between his two grandmothers. Margaret exchanged a smile with Mary. They met after the service.

"Tomorrow some of us are getting together," Mary told her. "You are invited if you wish to join us. The other ladies are anxious to welcome you to our little society."

"I'd be happy to attend," Margaret replied.

Indeed I will be, she thought as a thrill ran up her spine.

Sunday afternoon was spent at her mother's, Lydia was there too. They worked together to cook dinner while Jason was out playing with friends. Beatrice mentioned that Margaret was looking exceptionally well. Lydia agreed with her.

"I must be doing something right," Margaret said with a secret smile.

Back home after dinner Margaret put Jason to bed and retired to her own bedroom. She used her dildo, as she did every night now, and let fantasies about the next day roll through her mind.

In the morning, after Jason had left, she dressed. She did not wear a corset nor drawers. They had only been a hindrance during her visit with Mary. She packed her dildo and the book in her reticule. Mary had asked her to return the book, they had another young widow in mind to pass it on to.

Margaret walked to Mary's house. The two then went together to another friend's place, Elizabeth. Usually they called her Beth. Beth was a few years older than Margaret. They had become friendly through the widow's group.

On the way Mary told Margaret that she could 'play' with any of the ladies that was interested.

"They'll all be interested in you, Margaret. You're new and fresh. You'll be able to pick and choose. These sessions frequently become quite boisterous. Don't be shy. We often make big circles and pleasure each other. One thing we are careful about is that we don't form couples; only for short periods. Strong attachments within the group will lead to jealousy and fragment the group. But, some of us visit each other for private enjoyments. Those times are not carried over into our little sessions of joy."